Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18526 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by londoner: 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
If you ask me, all of them are being really immature.

This is just an ego trip for them all, they need to look at the bigger picture. This is an opportunity for NIGERIANS to have a say and be addressed by those who seek their vote.

They are putting their own egos above this and they have no right to.

Its quite embarrassing to see men above a certain age acting like teenaged boys.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
fxskye:

GEJ boycot NN24 debate without any reason through "Absenteeism". The trio give notice & reason to boycot BON debate. But Mr. President could have time to do "a make-belive" interview with D'Banj (an entertainer), Can u imagine that?
He couldn't call on Frank Edoho of WWTBAM for the interview but only to be interviewed by an entertainer. Does he want to turn d whole 9ja to Musical Country?

The actions of goodluck does not stop them from using every medium to reach out to Nigerians. It is even more of a slap that this debate was organized by reputable organizations in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by AjanleKoko: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
londoner:

If you ask me, all of them are being really immature.

This is just an ego trip for them all, they need to look at the bigger picture. This is an opportunity for NIGERIANS to have a say and be addressed by those who seek their vote.

They are putting their own egos above this and they have no right to.

Its quite embarrassing to see men above a certain age acting like teenaged boys.

Seconded cool
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
kingsleyuk2003:

If one man cannot take more than 140million Nigerian citizens seriously, why should we take him serious. i am a fan of GEJ, what he did, is beginning to make me have double mind. if he can neglet the whole Nigeria, now that he has not gotten what he wants, is it when he gets what he want that he will behave well?

Goodluck neglecting Nigerians does not imply that the opposition will go that route as well, please read the post by londoner after you.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2011
Donlittle:

organization, that gives out expo?

Do you have evidence that they have given expo in the past
and i dare you to name the organizations in this NDEG association.

Please provide me with evidence where they have dished out expo in the past before.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2011
^^

Answer my question first and i will gladly answer yours or you stop telling lies that BON gives out expo.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by gohome: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2011
Pharoh:

Do you have evidence that they have given expo in the past
and i dare you to name the organizations in this NDEG association.

Please provide me with evidence where they have dished out expo in the past before.
Donlittle:

organization, that gives out expo?
Donlittle:

man am joking! stop taking it personal!
But i have a question to ask you, is your dad a politician?

i second to that question, is your dad a pdp chief,  why are you so crazy about BON,  how many successful presidential debate have they organised
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
^^

And did you know NN24 before 2003 or the whataboutus group? Go away if you cannot answer my question. grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by ubafrica: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
Buhari,Ribadu,Shekarau have all chicken-out.BON is the best platform for the debate and not some micky-mouse cable station that cannot reach 50% of Nigerian,I doubt if any of these opposition candidate has what it takes to govern a state properly let alone a modern Nigeria, this would have been Atiku's chance to shine but not that the fool made a fool of himself by running back into the arms PDP, I saw it coming, biggest political mistake of his life,he may never be in such a vintage position again.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by aikay77: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ yommys01. Abayomi Aje, stop being a GEJ lover.

All of you whate Nigeria. thats why you want to put PDP in power again
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by rhymz(m): 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
The fact that these three grown men can form a coalition and say because you the main opposition did not attend the first one we are not going to honour this one goes to confirm my earlier assertions in some thread that the ideology of opposition in this country is greatly flawed and every tom, nkem and ali wants to use the PDP as a cover-up to realize their own selfish goals of becoming the president for regional power sake. So lets say the PDP was defeatefd then what next? Is it those very shallow responses and PDP bashing complaints they keep giving during that debate that will move Nigeria forward? Are they realy in the contest for PDP or for Nigeria? Why the obsession with PDP as if it was the only political party whose candidate did not turn up? Am not even interested in seeing any of the trio, they are full of BS, I would rather see a debate with people like Utomi taking a dig at GEJ than any of the trio looking for a cheap excuse to shy away from the real debate that every Nigerian, especially those of us that were young during Buhari's very tyrant reign as military head of state.
NEDG has the requisite experience and reach to organize the debate with more qualified moderators that actually have a knowledge of Nigeria's politiics.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2011
rhymz:

The fact that these three grown men can form a coalition and say because you the main opposition did not attend the first one we are not going to honour this one goes to confirm my earlier assertions in some thread that the ideology of opposition in this country is greatly flawed and every tom, nkem and ali wants to use the PDP as a cover-up to realize their own selfish goals of becoming the president for regional power sake. So lets say the PDP was defeatefd then what next? Is it those very shallow responses and PDP bashing complaints they keep giving during that debate that will move Nigeria forward? Are they realy in the contest for PDP or for Nigeria? Why the obsession with PDP as if it was the only political party whose candidate did not turn up? Am not even interested in seeing any of the trio, they are full of BS, I would rather see a debate with people like Utomi taking a dig at GEJ than any of the trio looking for a cheap excuse to shy away from the real debate that every Nigerian, especially those of us that were young during Buhari's very tyrant reign as military head of state.
NEDG has the requisite experience and reach to organize the debate with more qualified moderators that actually have a knowledge of Nigeria's politiics.

You are the one saying this?

You think it is "BS excuse" for them to refuse to come to a debate because they are pissed the President reneged on an agreement and rudely kept them waiting for over an hour before cancelling at last minute and refusing to go to a debate that is run by people influenceable by the president and could have given questions in advance?

But you thought it was a brilliant excuse when Silverback refused to show up at a debate because the network is not he "traditional" network that organises it, despite the traditional never successfully organising one and NN24 just recently successfully organised a VP one?

Are you serious?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by beejaay: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
i have been reading these thread with keen interest and uptill now cant see any serious point been made by anti GEJ.from my own POV the debate organized by NN24 was not credible and should not stand for a national issue.NN24 organizers were all biased goons.how the hell in the world will u invite 4 candidates out of like 7 candidates? and we all call that a debate. are we seriously suggesting that the other non invited candidates are merely wasting there times nationally. i think NN24 is not being fair and the station is seriously biased and should be sued.these is like printing only PDP,ANPP,AC and CPC on the presidential ballot paper(im very certain the result will neva hold).i watched the debate live and i was very happy that GEJ neva attended cos if he had attended the debate it would av been tantamount to a national catastrophe and other excluded candidate would av made a case out it which obviously meant there is not level playing ground in the country electoral system.another obvious mistake of the debate was the mode of asking the questions.do  we all want our president to attend a debate where only 45seconds will be given to answer questionhow do u want to put your point accross in a clear terms for diverse people in a country like Nigeria( the debaters a program that was organised by channels didnt do that without giving out the topics before time) . we all want our president to be cut off while speaking.i think we all need to wake up and realized that presidential seat is a very respected seat and should be treated so.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by beejaay: 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
beejaay:

i have been reading these thread with keen interest and uptill now cant see any serious point been made by anti GEJ.from my own POV the debate organized by NN24 was not credible and should not stand for a national issue.NN24 organizers were all biased goons.how the hell in the world will u invite 4 candidates out of like 7 candidates? and we all call that a debate. are we seriously suggesting that the other non invited candidates are merely wasting there times nationally. i think NN24 is not being fair and the station is seriously biased and should be sued.these is like printing only PDP,ANPP,AC and CPC on the presidential ballot paper(im very certain the result will neva hold).i watched the debate live and i was very happy that GEJ neva attended cos if he had attended the debate it would av been tantamount to a national catastrophe and other excluded candidate would av made a case out it which obviously meant there is not level playing ground in the country electoral system.another obvious mistake of the debate was the mode of asking the questions.do  we all want our president to attend a debate where only 45seconds will be given to answer questionhow do u want to put your point accross in a clear terms for diverse people in a country like Nigeria( the debaters a program that was organised by channels didnt do that without giving out the topics before time) . we all want our president to be cut off while speaking.i think we all need to wake up and realized that presidential seat is a very respected seat and should be treated so.
i will say its very smart of gej to av boycotted that debate cos it was pretty obvious that 4aspirants were invited cos all we could see that day was 4 stands and not 7.if i happen to be in gej shoes these will definately be my reason for not attending which will inturn make fool out of  NN24.im no gej fan, infact i dont know who i will vote until after the ouycome of the BON debate. if the ANPP,CPC and AC candidates should fail to attend then they av certainly lost my own vote and votes of people around me  that we av delibrated on these issues.atleast we are more than 50
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by slimghost(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
All you Buhari fanatics should be realistic 4 once. What is Buhari's manifesto? and why would i vote 4 a man who:

1. Made a man he threw inside prison for looting the DG of his campaign organization?
2. A man who doenst have the unity of this country at heart
3. A man who dishes out selective justice
4. A man who has been spending millions on his campaign for years now, and yet some people here want me 2 believe he is a saint. Mind you, i have never heard of any fund raising dinner in that respect.
5. A man whose manifesto is
a. I will probe OBJ and GEJ
b. PDP is a useless party
c. Our first lady cant speak good english

WHAT NONSENSE!

I think its high time this fool started dealing with real issues instead of relying on sentiments to achieve his selfish interest.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Azedplus(m): 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ beejaay U MAKE NO SENSE WE HAVE MORE THAN 20 PRES. CAND. 4 THE POLL SO NO WAY ANY ORGANISER LL PARADE ALL CAND. HENCE THE 4 NN24 TO INVITE BASED ON POPULARITY OF PARTY, WHAT IS THE CREDIBILITY OF BON THE FATHER OF NTA.A MACHINERY OF GEJ,OBJ,PDP.AM WATCHING THE WHATABOUT US DEBATE WHERE QUE. ARE ASKED FROM OUTSIDE HALL I WAIT 4 BON 3BATE
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by beejaay: 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
@sagamites.are u telling us that inec should delete them for trying to exercise there civic ryt. this is the height of irresponsibilty. an arrant nonsense from you.i cant believe u could be this stupid and mumuish in nature.please re-read ur post and tell me if u made anysense as a responsible citizen
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by beejaay: 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
Azedplus:

@ beejaay U MAKE NO SENSE WE HAVE MORE THAN 20 PRES. CAND. 4 THE POLL SO NO WAY ANY ORGANISER LL PARADE ALL CAND. HENCE THE 4 NN24 TO INVITE BASED ON POPULARITY OF PARTY, WHAT IS THE CREDIBILITY OF BON THE FATHER OF NTA.A MACHINERY OF GEJ,OBJ,PDP.AM WATCHING THE WHATABOUT US DEBATE WHERE QUE. ARE ASKED FROM OUTSIDE HALL I WAIT 4 BON 3BATE
u are seriously clueless with these ur post. are u saying all other contestants apart from the mighty 4 are already losers without election?plssssssssssss for God sake think for once.what is the definition of Democracy? i think democracy is all about equal right. where is the equality in the debate organised by NN4. i dont care if we av 30candidates. they all av equal ryt and they all need to be represented even if it had to be done in batches and a grand finale.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2011
jmaine:

BEAF  . . .  Please can we have more   tongue . .   . i don laff tire . Chai

Its what you get when "intellectuals" pop out of the romance section to personalise threads and haul insults at law abiding, cerebral NLers.
Dude, its hard work educating Sagamite, but here I am again, doing my best, putting in sweat and effort. My sincere prayer is that, one day he will finally evolve. grin

"Intellectual" from the romance section? The World is surely ending!

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by alanrewaju: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2011
On a lighter note, imagine Rev. OKOTIE and hon. PATRIC presidential DEBATE LIVE on CNN. That will be the best rebranding for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2011
Beaf:

Its what you get when "intellectuals" pop out of the romance section to personalise threads and haul insults at law abiding, cerebral NLers.
Dude, its hard work educating Sagamite, but here I am again, doing my best, putting in sweat and effort. My sincere prayer is that, one day he will finally evolve. grin

"Intellectual" from the romance section? The World is surely ending!

Are you about to play with her head too in that pix? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Educate me by telling us:

Simple question: Where did you get your passion/dream about GEJ from? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Scared?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by AlabaSlim: 11:36am On Mar 26, 2011
D debate ystdy no get head @ll but @lest ee beta pas dat NN24 debate wey dey 2 childish.
Buhari 4kup 4 NN24 debate dats y hin pple tel am mk hin no show ystdy or else hin go disgrace hinsef again
as much as i lyk Pat Utomi 4 presido my vote go sti enta GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by AlabaSlim: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2011
D debate ystdy no get head @ll but @lest ee beta pas dat NN24 debate wey dey 2 childish.
Buhari 4kup 4 NN24 debate dats y hin pple tel am mk hin no show ystdy or else hin go disgrace hinsef again
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by AlabaSlim: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2011
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by omanzo02: 12:26pm On Mar 26, 2011
@ Beejaay,

I would have been furious if Gej had attended the NN24 debate, Then I need N2500 to pay DSTV to hear my president speaks, when free private and public TV stations exist in the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary / Why Blogger Emenike Iroegbu Was Arrested - Abia Govt / Wike Addresses Protesting Foreign Scholarship Beneficiaries In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.