Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,219 members, 7,780,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona (20165 Views)

Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Free-kick Goal As Juventus Defeat Inter Milan(Photos) / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Beverlyjean(f): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
I didn't cheer messi..I didn't. Messi has done all he can do for barca..I want him out of that club.

Its a waste of time playing for barca at this point.

Ronaldo wanst as visible as messi..watch that match again.

Now u guys are saying he should leave barca cos barca is dead now...u same fans that used to say he doesn't have to leave barca...shey barca treated him when he was a baby...so y is he leaving...he should keep on showing patronage to the club that saved his life

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Now u guys are saying he should leave barca cos barca is dead now...u same fans that used to say he doesn't have to leave barca...shey barca treated him when he was a baby...so y is he leaving...he should keep on showing patronage to the club that saved his life
its time to leave. He has done everything barca could ever wished for..

Nothing more to give barca. Its enough..messi playing for barca would be like beating a dead horse.
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by segmatic: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2020

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by gatti(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
The difference is very clear, Messi could win when there is no Ronaldo but couldn't win wen there is Ronaldo. So who is the G.O.A.T??

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Djangote: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by littleguy444: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
PhDinView:
I had to log in just to educate Messi fan boys a little about the importance of "penalties".

Penalties have been a part of the round leather game since its inception and is not going to go away any time soon.

While football brings excitement and entertainment to players, fans and spectators alike, the real essence of playing is to score goals. If you like play well, get the highest chance at goal and unimaginable possession stats, if you don't score a goal, you don't win.

Without goals, there is no winner. For a winner to emerge sometimes( after goalless encounter) a penalty is awarded.

You see? although penalties are often awarded for fowls and reckless decisions in the box, its importance should not be undermined.

Do you know that people miss penalties? scoring it is not often very easy.

Do you know that if Messi had scored some of his most important penalties he would have been both a world cup winner and a Copa America winner?

Do you know that there have never been a season where Ronaldo's penalty goals outnumber his open play goals? NEVER

Do you know that at just 33years of age Messi's penalty goals are MORE THAN TWICE HIS OPEN PLAY GOALS?

When you want to criticize, please be objective. Penalty goal is just as important as an open play goal. They give points and decide trophies and create history more than aimless dribbles.

I like Messi because he is a very brilliant player, but obviously I like Ronaldo more.

Messi scores a penalty against Juve and its OK by you. 6/8 of his goals in this season are penalties (which is OK to me and you) but doest get a nick name like Pessi. When our darling CR7 scores one or two penalties, you hate for him will wear suit and you'll start ranting and diminishing the importance of the goal.

Since you know more than UEFA, oya come and place Barca ahead of Juve as group winner na

You can use the "shots on target and dribbles" to do that. At least, Eden Harzard and Neymar have used their dribbles to win the Champions league too
exactly cr7 won, the fans should just accept the defeat in good faith and stop beating a dead horse.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Talkingoil(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
BruncleZuma:
No matter how great they are, they have never scored against Sunshine Stars FC of Akure.

Lol you dey craze o
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by goodheart02(m): 12:13am On Dec 10, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Outshine wetin
How una take dey watch soccer self...

Messi na man of the match last night
With 7 shots and no goals. This your weed sef u don dey add am formalin join
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by goodheart02(m): 12:14am On Dec 10, 2020
Earthquakes:
Hehehe He obviously outshined him just that it's from the Penalty spot
This same penalty spot Messi has been shining from this season. Messi fanatics

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 10, 2020
ThierryJay:
Lol, Juventus had better not be deceived, this current Barcelona side will make any decent team other than Ferencscravos believe that they are exceptional.

In pure footballing terms, Messi was a class better than every other player on the pitch yesterday including CR7. He dictated play, played three key passes, had a whopping 11 shots, with Buffon in very good form, dribbled through the Juventus players effortlessly time and time again.

Someone else on the pitch then scores two penalties in the game with no further meaningful contribution and you think he outshines a pure footballer I described above, you obviously a football dunce if you think this way. The only reason Messi did not get the man of the match yesterday was because he was on the losing side and that speaks to the cross he has to bear with this terrible Barça team who are completely non-existent defensively.

I and many others did not see Messi's penalty scored against Juve in the first leg as a big deal, even though he had more delightful contributions apart from the penalty in that game. If anything, Messi has been consistently criticized this season in many quarters for having too many penalty goals.

For now, this is Messi's cross until he leaves. Congrats to Juve and CR7. Other teams should expect their bonuses from Barça as well.
The same Barca that was topping the UCL table before CR7 won a penalty,scored two and enhanced cohesion in Juve's win.
Barca fans are the worst debaters on Earth.
They are actually Messi worshippers.
If you tell them Messi has scored so many penalties and tapins,they will either insult you or divert or unnecessarily generalize or state you hate Messi or bla bla bla.
They're also Messi dick-riders.
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2020
bayelsaowei:
I didn't cheer messi..I didn't. Messi has done all he can do for barca..I want him out of that club.

Its a waste of time playing for barca at this point.

Ronaldo wanst as visible as messi..watch that match again.
Barca has done all that it can do for Messi including worshipping him.
What else does he want?
Why is he always exonerated when Barca loses?
You guys should not analyze football because you're Messi worshippers.
You only see Messi's excellence.
You don't see his ERRORS.
He has made a lot of errors on the pitch,too.
So,I don't have to worship him like you guys.
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Barca has done all that it can do for Messi including worshipping him.
What else does he want?
Why is he always exonerated when Barca loses?
You guys should not analyze football because you're Messi worshippers.
You only see Messi's excellence.
You don't see his ERRORS.
He has made a lot of errors on the pitch,too.
So,I don't have to worship him like you guys.
who hasn't made errors on the pitch? Messi is done with barca. What should messi do again for barca? Tell me. He has scored everything for that club, won trophies numerous ones for them.

Its over...let him leave and go enjoy himself..I cant believe messi is still trying to play deep, dribble, give assists and making goal attempts more than all the young chaps in that team on Tuesday...common..he is way past that. He is 33 years old. He should leave elsewhere to enjoy his old age rather than carry barca on his aging back and shoulders.
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Raydos: 8:17am On Dec 10, 2020
focus7:
What I don't know is what make people adjudged that Messi is better than Ronaldo. Messi is a great footballer no doubt but apart from dribbling where in he's better, Ronaldo has more quality, more game attributes, more sophistications, more results, more performances, more fit and agile and by far mor achievements than Messi, forget the six ballor de'or scam in favour of Messi he did not deserve two of them

What about the Six golden boots too? He did not deserve it??
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by focus7: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Raydos:

What about the Six golden boots too? He did not deserve it??

Most awards given to Messi are based on sentiments Messi, someone else deserve those awards better than Messi.

Messi deserves recognition but most time he's too over hyped. Ronaldo has more football performance attributes than Messi, there are rare fits Ronaldo has performed on the field that Messi can never perform
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Outshine wetin

How una take dey watch soccer self...

Messi na man of the match last night

Shhhh. I
If you score 2 penalties and do the disappearing acts after it gives you the man of the match.
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by victoriaomonigh(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ronaldo con de smileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ronaldo is happy

while messi is angry

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by PhDinView: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2020
zealousayo:

And your moniker suggests you're about to bag P.hd? With this reasoning? Ronaldo that completely disappeared yesterday? You should try and educate yourself first sir.

Dear Ayo,

I am truly sorry that my opinion on the importance of penalties to football and my preference for one good footballer over another has made you uncomfortable to the point of quoting me.

However, it is what it is - my opinion.

There is no part of my earlier comment where I mentioned that CR7 was the man of the match or played better than Messi. All I did was explain the importance of penalties and stated my preference for CR7.

Football and Educational degrees have little correlation. I have been watching football with professors in their offices since my M.Sc. days and they don't analyse matches based on their degrees.

PhD aside, you could be a better football analyst than I am. It has nothing to do with the Thesis I'm writing or the papers I publish.

Once again, Sorry!
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by zealousayo(m): 10:01am On Dec 13, 2020
PhDinView:

Dear Ayo,

I am truly sorry that my opinion on the importance of penalties to football and my preference for one good footballer over another has made you uncomfortable to the point of quoting me.

However, it is what it is - my opinion.

There is no part of my earlier comment where I mentioned that CR7 was the man of the match or played better than Messi. All I did was explain the importance of penalties and stated my preference for CR7.

Football and Educational degrees have little correlation. I have been watching football with professors in their offices since my M.Sc. days and they don't analyse matches based on their degrees.

PhD aside, you could be a better football analyst than I am. It has nothing to do with the Thesis I'm writing or the papers I publish.

Once again, Sorry!
I'm very sorry talking to you that way sir. Forgive my manner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / AFCON: Nwabali Thanks Nigerians For Concerns During Injury Scare / NPFL: Pictures From The Trophy Presentation To Champions Rivers United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.