Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site (174 Views)

Young Man Electrocuted While Working On A Building In Benue State (photos) / Carpenter electrocuted while working in Delta State (Disturbing Photos) / Fabric Machine Cut Man's Stomach Open While Working In Ogun. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by Xray65: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
Goodday everyone

I've been looking for a job for quite sometime, but to no avail. I didn't even have money to eat or take transport to job interviews. So I planned to do labourer jobs on construction sites in order to earn money to sustain myself and also save some money to start a small business.

On the first day I went to the site, I wanted to die. It was hell. All my body was paining me. I couldn't even get up the next morning. I had to use almost half the money I got that day to buy painkillers. After a days rest, I returned to site and the same thing happened. Serious body pains. I couldn't even even finish that day's work and was paid only half of the day's money.

The surprising is that many boys are there doing the work as if it is nothing. Even small boys that will be 20 years at most. They'll come in the morning, work till afternoon break without taking any single rest, after like 15min afternoon break, they're back to work with no single rest till evening, while I have to sit down to rest like every 10mins. And at the end, they will go home like nothing happened, while I'm there suffering in severe body pains. And they will come to the site like 4/5 days a week while I am there unable to get up for second day.

Please, for those who have done labourer job, how do these boys do it, doing such heavy work like its nothing? How do I endure these body pains? or how do I do the work to stop the occurrence of these body pains? How do I regain my strength for the next day's work?
Re: Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Most of them are on tramadol. If you can't cope with the physical rigours of "lagbuke", leave it. Or you can talk to the supervisor to give you less stressful jobs on the construction sites.
On a lighter note, those works can build your muscles and physical strength. cheesy
Re: Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by meobizy(f): 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
It’s like this; that pain will never go. It will reduce eventually but always remain. Your mind will harden with time and when you wake up will learn to expect pain and discomfort thereby making the breakdown easier to cope with.

Those men you work with have done the job for years on end, at the earliest a few months before you. Their bodies and minds have adjusted to the reality of labour. Congratulations on doing a job rather than going the begging route like many lazy Nairalanders. You are experiencing a stint for now which will lead you to better opportunities in future.

Let me give you the standard which multinationals use for manual labourers. Nigerian employers will want to work you like a beast of burden. From time to time take breaks so your body can relax. Take a fifteen minute break for every two hours of work. Ensure to eat something too so your body can replenish lost energy. Drink a lot of water because you will sweat heavily under the sun. Try to make your afternoon break a full hour and sleep for maybe fifteen to twenty minutes if possible. After three months you’ll gain the same stamina as your workmates. Your workmates will laugh at your work schedule at first then will join you in time when they notice it keeps your work effective and your body less taxed than theirs.

If you have a two day weekend, jog or play football on Saturday then use Sunday to rest fully. The added exercise strengthens your body because manual labour strengthens you at first then breaks you down with time. Staying fit stops this from happening. I prefer yoga because it softens my body which counteracts the hardening which my job forces.

(1) (Reply)

American Couple Dies Of Covid 19 Complications On The Same Day / What A Lady's Friends Did For Her After She Spent Her Earnings On Hospital Bill / Your Casual Bad Habits May Cause Chronic Prostatitis Stubborn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.