Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,985 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site (424 Views)

Lady Works As Labourer To Earn "Urgent 2k" / Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site / My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by Xray65: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
Goodday everyone
I've been looking for a job for quite sometime, but to no avail. I didn't even have money to eat or take transport to job interviews. So I planned to do labourer jobs on construction sites in order to earn money to sustain myself and also save some money to start a small business.
On the first day I went to the site, I wanted to die. It was hell. All my body was paining me. I couldn't even get up the next morning. I had to use almost half the money I got that day to buy painkillers. After a days rest, I returned to site and the same thing happened. Serious body pains. I couldn't even even finish that day's work and was paid only half of the day's money.
The surprising is that many boys are there doing the work as if it is nothing. Even small boys that will be 20 years at most. They'll come in the morning, work till afternoon break without taking any single rest, after like 15min afternoon break, they're back to work with no single rest till evening, while I have to sit down to rest like every 10mins. And at the end, they will go home like nothing happened, while I'm there suffering in severe body pains. And they will come to the site like 4/5 days a week while I am there unable to get up for second day.
Please, for those who have done labourer job, how do these boys do it, doing such heavy work like its nothing? How do I endure these body pains? or how do I do the work to stop the occurrence of these body pains? How do I regain my strength for the next day's work?
Re: Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by Olamotad: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
are you sure they have not been eating smoked fish prepared by naira marley
Re: Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by Jammy2012(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
Body sometimes needs constant practice till it adapts. when you get used to a kind of pain, you tend not to feel it much as before as each day pass. Myself as an example, there were times I used to have cuts from casing fabrication and most times burns from hot soldering iron. Then, it was a big deal, but now i wont even pay any attention to it. It hurts because your body and brain is not familiar with the change
Re: Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by Ganjafama(m): 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Xray65:
Goodday everyone

I've been looking for a job for quite sometime, but to no avail. I didn't
even have money to eat or take transport to job interviews. So I
planned to do labourer jobs on construction sites in order to earn
money to sustain myself and also save some money to start a small
business.

On the first day I went to the site, I wanted to die. It was hell. All my
body was paining me. I couldn't even get up the next morning. I had
to use almost half the money I got that day to buy painkillers. After a
days rest, I returned to site and the same thing happened. Serious
body pains. I couldn't even even finish that day's work and was paid
only half of the day's money.

The surprising is that many boys are there doing the work as if it is
nothing. Even small boys that will be 20 years at most. They'll come
in the morning, work till afternoon break without taking any single
rest, after like 15min afternoon break, they're back to work with no
single rest till evening, while I have to sit down to rest like every
10mins. And at the end, they will go home like nothing happened,
while I'm there suffering in severe body pains. And they will come to
the site like 4/5 days a week while I am there unable to get up for
second day.

Please, for those who have done labourer job, how do these boys do
it, doing such heavy work like its nothing? How do I endure these
body pains? or how do I do the work to stop the occurrence of these
body pains? How do I regain my strength for the next day's work?
Keep doing it . With time your body will get used to it and the pain will stop. I can testify to that.
Re: Help: Severe Body Pains While Working As Labourer On Construction Site by Onlysage: 8:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Before this ASUU strike saga when i needed money,i work in a construction site too and i also experience what you are feeling too.
But the truth is, after 1-2 weeks, your body will start getting use to it and you won't feel any pain again.

So, always remember to use pain killer till your body adapt to the new environment.

God bless our hustle.

Modified:
Anybody reading this? I need a job,
I'm still an undergraduate,
I'm in Ogun state,
Thanks.

I want to eat good food this December too.
Hmn.

(1) (Reply)

Energy Lawyer Vacancy! / Office Assistant / HSE Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.