Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance (27145 Views)

Gunmen Attack Anambra Local Govt Secretariat, Behead A Vigilante, Kill 2 Others / GRAPHIC VIDEO: Unemployed And Depressed Man Burns Himself On Facebook LIVE / IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by udomonday: 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Purplebubble:
This is tragic. But wait how can anyone with his/her sane mind owe someone for 3 solid years and they are still working for you? Is that not wickedness?
how you keep working for someone that owes you for that long?
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by blacknp(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
feeloscar:
Benue State pensioners are owed over 2 years as I type this.
Maybe it is Alhaji Maina that swallowed the pension fund money for Benue state?
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
obembet:
When I said PDP is not different from APC.. Only Aregbesola can owe someone for 4yrs and still get vote from same person grin
It is absolutely bizzare isn't it?
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
Unpaid salary for 3 years? He didn't quit the job after the first 2 months unpaid?
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
udomonday:
how you keep working for someone that owes you for that long?
I wonder, It is insane. The first 2 months unpaid he should have quit the damm job.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Thomthom(m): 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mokason288:
embarassed
RIP BRO

I don’t understand unpaid allowance

Is allowance different from salary ?

I will teach my children never to work in Nigeria

Handwork/ Business still remains the best

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
No be lie oo.. I remembered when my Aunt Assisted me to get an employment into civil service the day my appointment letter came I was very happy but my Aunt's children were just laughing at me.. I later overhead one of my cousin saying brother suffer just start.. I tot it was jealously until when the owe me 13 month salary.. I started wondering so this is what my Aunt has been facing all this years in service.. Today all my cousin are in UK they said they can't suffer like mum and dad.. Some times I just think about my life and just give God all the glory.. Imgine you were promoted to level 12 and you were expecting like 80k at the end of the month, only for you to be given 30% of the 80k.. And you have a wife and kids to feed.
Despite no light PHCN is there to collect there bill you will buy water you will pay kids school fee, you will buy clothes for kids.. sister will send you her Account number to post 5k.. I have already made up my mind as they finish higher institution.. Anything hustle or job will not be fro Nigeria..
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Factfinder1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
blacknp:
Almijiri go & meet the Governor of your state, Nigeria is a federation.

I'm from akwa ibom is your father's state as fine and progressive as that??
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by blacknp(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Factfinder1:

I'm from akwa ibom is your father's state as fine and progressive as that??
Delta State Numero Uno, from Mid Western State, to Bendel State, now the Big Heart State, Waffi no dey carry last, kpatakpata Na draw.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Stefenijoan002:
He shouldn't have end his life himself i know things are hard .if he could wait for 3yrs why end it now,so if they're to pay the money now who we enjoy his sweat ehh .but our govt are heartless ,wicked n shameful even the devil can't do these to someone.how on earth they sleep at night still beat my imagination .they own workers their little stipends that's not up to what their spend a day ,make them go hungry ,involve in crime etc n they feel comfortable with their lives n still have the nerves to call the people lazy .God we judge all leaders that have caused the masses to live in abject poverty and some that die because of frustration.rip man
They didn't pay him for 3 whole years what makes you think they will pay now?they had no intention of paying, ever!
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by blacknp(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
gypsey:
They didn't pay him for 3 whole years what makes you think they will pay now?they had no intention of paying, ever!
So he should have killed himself like he did, that is your own solution?
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
blacknp:
So he should have killed himself like he did, that is your own solution?
Well.. if killing himself would help him find peace, why not? He is dead now anyway, so no coming back. And they still haven't paid him..he chose better option.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by ngwababe(f): 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Purplebubble:
This is tragic. But wait how can anyone with his/her sane mind owe someone for 3 solid years and they are still working for you? Is that not wickedness?

Money wey no be there own oh. Na our free oil money oh.

1 Like

Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Mokason288(m): 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Thomthom:
No be lie oo.. I remembered when my Aunt Assisted me to get an employment into civil service the day my appointment letter came I was very happy but my Aunt's children were just laughing at me.. I later overhead one of my cousin saying brother suffer just start.. I tot it was jealously until when the owe me 13 month salary.. I started wondering so this is what my Aunt has been facing all this years in service.. Today all my cousin are in UK they said they can't suffer like mum and dad.. Some times I just think about my life and just give God all the glory.. Imgine you were promoted to level 12 and you were expecting like 80k at the end of the month, only for you to be given 30% of the 80k.. And you have a wife and kids to feed.
Despite no light PHCN is there to collect there bill you will buy water you will pay kids school fee, you will buy clothes for kids.. sister will send you her Account number to post 5k.. I have already made up my mind as they finish higher institution.. Anything hustle or job will not be fro Nigeria..

I feel you bro
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Abu4shizo: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ortom is a Devil.

1 Like

Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by merits(m): 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mokason288:
embarassed
RIP BRO

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
capital NO, because you make no sense atall.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by osazsky(m): 11:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
gypsey:
Well.. if killing himself would help him find peace, why not? He is dead now anyway, so no coming back. And they still haven't paid him..he chose better option.
see .now that he is dead was he paid..how Nigerians chose to dey do boy boy or follow follow cuz of peanuts baffles me.i have seen people with terminal diseases cling into hope and they survived.was he disabled..his salary cant be more than 50k...money way person way nor go sch they make a day from driving truck and diana.even tomatoes sellers get more than that in a week..I have no rip to waste.this one never see anything.if he had passed tru wat I passed tru while growing up by now he would have committed like 15 suicide.bro no rip to waste
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
osazsky:
see .now that he is dead was he paid..how Nigerians chose to dey do boy boy or follow follow cuz of peanuts baffles me.i have seen people with terminal diseases cling into hope and they survived.was he disabled..his salary cant be more than 50k...money way person way nor go sch they make a day from driving truck and diana.even tomatoes sellers get more than that in a week..I have no rip to waste.this one never see anything.if he had passed tru wat I passed tru while growing up by now he would have committed like 15 suicide.bro no rip to waste
Well.. he rook the only option he knew which is suicide. You may be emotionally and mentally capable of dealing with and surviving hardship and life's diffulties but everyone is not capable or strong like you.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by redsun(m): 2:07am On Dec 12, 2020
It shows how hopeless and terrible the county s for the common man. It is lawless, structureless and senseless.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by calcal: 2:42am On Dec 12, 2020
tHE GUY NA IDIOT

HE FOR TAKE SOME POLITICIANS ALONG
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by saintkash(m): 3:04am On Dec 12, 2020
GOFRONT:
Chaiii....Buhariiii

You see the emptiness in your life.... What has buhari got to do with local government salary/allowances..

1 Like

Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Godsown0: 6:22am On Dec 12, 2020
Dracking:
[b][/b] cry cry crySuicide is never an option for me, I don't even know people are able to kill themselves. Sad story cry cry
Only a man who has never faced a problem will say he’s capable of facing one

1 Like

Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by fastlane84: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2020
Mokason288:
embarassed RIP BRO
I HOPE I MADE SENSE
and chymall 08035358364 for more information
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Babaken(m): 8:09am On Dec 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Are you ok? Is it fg that owe him?
YesNo YesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNo.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2020
Thomthom:

You aren't getting money you still went to get married and have kids lipsrsealed
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by billyG(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2020
It wuld hav been better to cut d throats of his oppressors that killed himself.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by mathong: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Killing oneself isn't an option, leave the work and find other option.

It's stupidity to commit suicide because of money and lack.

When there's life there's hope!!

It's not working fine too for so many people, so why didn't everyone else commit suicide.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by senatordave1(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2020
Babaken:
YesNo YesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNo.

No wonder
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Thomthom(m): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You aren't getting money you still went to get married and have kids lipsrsealed
wish kind talk be this?
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Miracle1991: 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2020
Factfinder1:
Shameful state of a failed nation without a president
you have really describe Biafra, the online country without president.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Miracle1991: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2020
Any governor that is been celebrated by ipob terrorists is a failed governor. Go and see how the pigs are cheering Ortom.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Babaken(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
senatordave1:

No wonder
senator you people should save our nation.
Re: Local Govt Staff In Benue Burns Himself To Death Over Unpaid 3 Years Allowance by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nigerian states are basically broke.

And the only way to solve the issue is not by bringing back regions. Regional government=most staff get sacked.

The only way forward is that states have to raise funds for themselves. And that is by increased taxation or finding ways to attract investment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20-Year-Old ANSU Student Shot Dead In An Intra Cult Clash In Anambra State / Police arrest Lagos school gardener over murder of SS3 student (Photos) / Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.