Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Is Patriotism Dead?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Patriotism Dead?? (143 Views)

Nigeria @ 60: CYMS Calls For Patriotism / A Corp Member Of 2019 Batch A, Demonstrated The Act Of Patriotism And Love / Irresponsible Journalism And Lack Of Patriotism Army Called Out Journalists (pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Patriotism Dead?? by Baamm(m): 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
Was going through my Twitter feed just a couple of minutes ago and I came across a news via Sahara reporters about 40 naval officers that abscond while on foreign mission in Europe. The names of the officers carry Wazobia. They have been declared wanted by the navy and they will be subject to disciplinary committee if eventually arrested. These are guys that eat and sleep daily with patriotism as there doctrine can pull this stunt. Wetin the citizens go come do ??
Re: Is Patriotism Dead?? by Jashub: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
My brother, patriots can only be found when a country shows empathy towards her citizens. Now in the case of Nigeria, you will never find patriots because our country offers no sympathy for its citizens .

We live in a country where corruption, insecurity and nepotism thrives. So how can patriots emerge?

I came across a post on Twitter of a nigerian who said " my parents owe me an apology for giving birth to me in Nigeria. " Please if such things can be said among the citizens, then where would the patriots come from?!

Many people who join the armed forces are not really patriotic; they are just basically people who see the military as a means to an "end ". The "end" here could be in terms of job security, power to oppress, feel respected... Etc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Protest Rocks Port Harcourt As Policeman Kills Keke Driver Over Bribe (gra / Win Up To ₦100,000 Or $300 From Fedmoney / Solid Stone Coated Roofing Sheet With Warranty Period And Water Collector Rain G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.