Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color (1012 Views)

How ‘dundee United’ Became An Insult In Nigeria / I’m Not Iwobi, I’ll Insult Your Parent If You Insult Me –sadiq Warns Nigerians / Guardiola And Mourinho Are Light Years Apart, It Would Be An Insult To Describe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by dawno2008(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hello people, I will like to know from other people's opinion about what happened in the Champion's league match yesterday.
I had a serious argument with some folks about it,but I believed nobody knows it all, my take on it, is that the man in question is black,and I see no wrong in it,
To my understanding, he can't change his racial color and so should be proud of it.
From so many radio analyst, they all believed it was an issue, but I don't see any insult when referred to as a "black man" cos I know am black and am proud of my skin color.
Please what your take on the issue. Am I wrong or right?
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by RedPhoenix: 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2020
It was an overreaction if I'm asked o. If I'm called that black man I see it just as a descriptive like saying that tiv man to a tiv man

Simple as ABC
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by dawno2008(m): 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
RedPhoenix:
It was an overreaction if I'm asked o. If I'm called that black man I see it just as a descriptive like saying that tiv man to a tiv man

Simple as ABC
That's exactly my argument, but them folk were saying the fourth official had something in mind, like they were in his mind to know he wanted to racially abuse the black man.
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
He was over reacting. Is he not black? It is just an adjective.
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2020
Will I be tagged as a racist if I call oyinbo a 'white guy'? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Gwan2(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Most blacks cloak their inferiority complex pointing at racism for every derogatory statement from the white skin folks. I’ve got a Namibian black friend that always lambast and defame Nigerians for their antecedence here...Most time I correct him and try to change his notion on that, of course I can’t do much.

Trust me, if same was coming from a white guy, the typical black mentality in most Africans will shout racism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by dawno2008(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Gwan2:
Most blacks cloak their inferiority complex pointing at racism for every derogatory statement from the white skin folks. I’ve got a Namibian black friend that always lambast and defame Nigerians for their antecedence here...Most time I correct him and try to change his notion on that, of course I can’t do much.

Trust me, if same was coming from a white guy, the typical black mentality in most Africans will shout racism.
Like how blacks normally call themselves "niggurs" and it becomes insult once a white man calls them that.
The question is why do they call themselves what the hate?
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by dawno2008(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
Syrinexa:
Will I be tagged as a racist if I call oyinbo a 'white guy'? cheesy
Haaah that's a big insult ooo grin
Infact you're one big racist cheesy
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by greymiles: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
Blacks get big inferiority issue
U call urself nigga, if a white man now call u nigga, u will be crying

Thanks god igbos are light in complexion and not black like the other Africans
We are a mixture of white from our Jewish ancestry and little black from the little interbreed with some Africans
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by paulolee(m): 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
sure. dts racism
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by kenzysmith: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Africans are over doing things are we not black and proud again? If the whites are proud of their color what stop us for been proud of our own. The only way to stop rasicm is to tell the whites you proud to be blacks

1 Like

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Beverlyjean(f): 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
It was all a misunderstanding....the ref is Romanian and black in Romanian language is called nigru... so Denba ba and webo tot he said niggar obviously not knowing what its called in Romanian language....the ref is not racist

1 Like

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 10, 2020
Look at all the silly comments on this thread... It's f**king annoying that you guys don't see the full picture here.

Why would a match official refer to someone by the colour of his skin on the football field.

Let me ask you all: what is Webo's designation on the football field during the match? He was an Assistant coach, right??

Then, when the main referee asked who shouted towards him from the technical area, what the racist fourth official should have done is use his discretion by doing the professional thing.

It should have gone like this:

Referee: who shouted at me from the technical area?

Sensible 4th Official: It's that Assistant coach over there.

Simple! The fourth official did not have to refer to Webo by the colour of his skin because:

1. It sounded unprofessional and silly.

and 2. In this game, we are all supposed to be colour-blind.

I am really shocked that some Nairalanders are trying to defend an unprofessional conduct. Whether he was speaking his language or not is immaterial in this case. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 10, 2020
Beverlyjean:
It was all a misunderstanding....the ref is Romanian and black in Romanian language is called nigru... so Denba ba and webo tot he said niggar obviously not knowing what its called in Romanian language....the ref is not racist

He didn't have to refer to Webo by the colour of his skin during a professional game. That was absolutely amateurish.

Webo had an official tag during that match. He was an Assistant coach.

The best the clown of a ref/fourth official should have done is refer to him by his official tag and pointed in Webo's direction if need be in order to identify him to the main referee.

Any match official worth his onions is supposed to be blind to all prejudices in his dealings with the game.

This indiscretion is going to cost him for sure whether he's racist or not.
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by RedPhoenix: 3:59am On Dec 10, 2020
dawno2008:

That's exactly my argument, but them folk were saying the fourth official had something in mind, like they were in his mind to know he wanted to racially abuse the black man.

People just get overly anxious over nothing
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by majemuoluwa28869: 5:48am On Dec 10, 2020
sure. dts racism
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by ominilongest(m): 6:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Black dey call white WHITE dem no kana
But if white call black BLACK,war go start
I no even understand this life sef lipsrsealed
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 10, 2020
White people go just dey laugh us, blacks are very weak
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2020
ominilongest:
Black dey call white WHITE dem no kana
But if white call black BLACK,war go start
I no even understand this life sef lipsrsealed
Blacks in America usually use the word "white dude", "white guy"..etc If blacks were the superior race, we would have killed everybody on earth

2 Likes

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Beverlyjean(f): 8:11am On Dec 10, 2020
mansakhalifa:

He didn't have to refer to Webo by the colour of his skin during a professional game. That was absolutely amateurish.

Webo had an official tag during that match. He was an Assistant coach.

The best the clown of a ref/fourth official should have done is refer to him by his official tag and pointed in Webo's direction if need be in order to identify him to the main referee.

Any match official worth his onions is supposed to be blind to all prejudices in his dealings with the game.

This indiscretion is going to cost him for sure whether he's racist or not.

Referring him by his skin colour is not racist...black is not an evil colour...people like u is the reason y some blacks have inferiority complex...hv u not referred a white man by his skin colour b4?? What is wrong in that... they were more of white guys in the dug out , anyone that wanna identify someone in that situation, especially in the heat of the moment will identify anyone by his skin colour... its not racist
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Raydos: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2020
Imagine someone calling you an Igbo man, Or Yoruba Man and you flare up, Screaming Tribalism!!

Lol, Black society abroad are becoming too hypersensitive to everything, the table will turn very soon and people won't even give a shit about them no more!!
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Raydos: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2020
greymiles:
Blacks get big inferiority issue
U call urself nigga, if a white man now call u nigga, u will be crying

Thanks god igbos are light in complexion and not black like the other Africans
We are a mixture of white from our Jewish ancestry and little black from the little interbreed with some Africans

Then why don't you guys Have curly hair?? Most mixed people that I know always have a curly hair? Why is yours so different? Why's your hair just pure Afro-Hair? Lol these people sha!!

Even ethiopians are light-skinned, And they even have a very long hair, But I have never seen them call themselves mix or something, They always call themselves blacks!!

And besides, You're Making it seem like being light-skinned is an achievement, Or makes you superior!! Lol

These Igbo folks are just too funny!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by myforty68: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2020
depends on which part of ethiopia
northern ethiopians dont identify as black or african e.g the tigray people
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
No is not. If someone is short, tall. Fat, he or she is described that ways.
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Robinho22: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Learn one of the most effective and powerful secret to use HONEY AND THYME to know if you are dating the right person or a player and to make your Relationship Love more Strong.
Married Couples who fights, quarrel always is recommended to create peace ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tovz60pKXo&t=3s

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for more powerful videos
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
dawno2008:

America has brainwashed the world that calling a Blackman black is an insult and people have bought into such bs.
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by butterfly777(m): 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
The word 'negro' is used in Europe and America as an insult on blacks. So it is an insult to call. Black man a negro.

To us in Nigeria, we may see it as just a description. But over there, it means more than that. So if you use the Nigeria society to judge the case, you will miss it.

This article can also explain it better.�
https://www.ferris.edu/HTMLS/news/jimcrow/question/2010/october.htm
Re: Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color by Jackmj(m): 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
dawno2008:

I just got blocked for saying white man on Facebook

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Players That Have Issues With Their Managers Or Coach / Combination Bet Won / DAILY 1.6+ Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.