Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,963,118 members, 7,189,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 27 November 2022 at 01:33 PM

If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. (2687 Views)

7 Scams Even The Smartest People Fall For / No Matter How Smart You Are, You'll Fall For This Trick / Who Can Answer These Questions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Surebuttons: 3:17am On Dec 10, 2020
The question is simple: Why do you think you need to know everything?

“You Don’t Have to Know Everything. You Just Have to Know Where to Find It.” What do you think about my answer.

This is one of my favorite quotes by Einstein because it sums up how we should learn in the 21st century.

In 1921, Einstein was asked about the speed of sound and replied that he didn’t know because he didn’t carry such information in his mind if it was readily available in textbooks.

Today, we have access to more information than ever before. We can find answers to most questions through our smartphones within just a few minutes, if not seconds.

Yet, our education system is still forcing students to memorize information for tests.
That’s not only ineffective but also worthless as information itself isn’t of value anymore. What matters is how you use that information and whether you can recall it when needed.

How to apply it:
Never waste your brainpower to memorize information which you can easily store somewhere else and find in just a few seconds.
Every single day, we have thousands of mini decisions to make. With each of these decisions, our energy levels fall, and being mindful and productive becomes harder.
Memorizing lots of knowledge just makes it even worse.

What you should do instead is setting up digital information management systems. Passbuttons is the best information management system for scholars and policy makers. It helps you to ensure your academic activities and achievements count. And at the same time helps you to get your dreamed job on/before graduation. It also helps you to avoid unnecessary memorization, whereby answers to your questions are stored and you can retrieve them on a click. You can also ask questions or get your assignments, seminars, presentations, projects, etc done without difficulties.

In fact you have too many things to achieve with https://passbuttons.com

You can also use tools like Notion, Evernote, Trello, or Google Drive to document and store important information.
Once you’ve arranged these tools, you’ll be able to find all the data you need easily. This will allow you to use your precious brainpower for more critical tasks, such as making important decisions.

My question again: why do you think you need to know everything?

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by EmptyGarden(m): 5:20am On Dec 10, 2020
Knowledge is insatiable.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Dracking(m): 7:03am On Dec 10, 2020
To pass your exams chikena
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Gift96: 7:42am On Dec 10, 2020
knowledge is a continuous process. we learn from birth to death and one could even argue too that we learn even in death/ after death

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 10, 2020
Gift96:
knowledge is a continuous process. we learn from birth to death and one could even argue too that we learn even in death/ after death

And how do we learn even after death? grin
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2020
People who quote everything they see are unintelligent.

Knowing multiplication does not mean quoting the answer of 12 * 12 so that you become the first person to shout "144" within a second after the question is asked. In primary and secondary school they teach us the multiplication table of 2-12 and those who quote are fast to shout. All Albert Einstein was saying is that if you understand how to get 2*2 and that same formula can help you get 4*4 , then rather safe your brain space and keep the little formula somewhere. Understanding the formula will make you better and consistent. While you may not be able to provide the answer of 12*12 in a second like the person who only quoted the multiplication table , you will still give the answer to 12*12 in a minute.
When 4545*712 is asked , the person who quoted the multiplication table without understanding multiplication may never provide the answer in his lifetime unless he finds somewhere else to quote the answer , uses a calculator or learns the formula but your consistency will come to play because you saved only what matters (the formula) and you will still provide the answer to the 4545*712 in ten minutes.

Think about those who are able to recite their religious book from the beginning to the end currently detonating bombs in the middle East. They quote without logic , act like their holy book commands and in the end argue that they are peaceful because their holy book says so.

Then think about those who read just a line from that same religious book which told them to hate those of different faith and with that single paragraph, they enter into deep thoughts with themselves about the humanity of such statement in the 21st century.

What Einstein was trying to say is that cramming is not intelligent but a waste of time. Intelligence is the ability to reason and apply logic. Even parrots can cram, logic makes human beings different.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by GodWrites: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2020
You don't need to know everything, but it's an advantage to know little of everything. The human brain is a sophisticated organ, which has remained a mystery to neurologists since the brain became aware of itself.

Technology is a tool, not a substitute for your brain. If you can't store some necessary information without the help of your smartphone, something is wrong somewhere.

If I'm to ask what 35 X 15 is, some people will struggle to answer without their smartphone's help. Technology wasn't meant to make you dumber, but smarter.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Sam0(m): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2020
Because we think that knowledge is everything or we want fame of being known.
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Darkerberry: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2020
Kingsuave:

And how do we learn even after death? grin

We learn about life after death, if there is or not, whether we reincarnate or not.
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2020
Darkerberry:

We learn about life after death, if there is or not, whether we reincarnate or not.

We learn after death when we Learned that we are no more alive.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Ikennablue(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2020
Surebuttons:

“You Don’t Have to Know Everything. You Just Have to Know Where to Find It.” What do you think about my answer.

This is one of my favorite quotes by Einstein because it sums up how we should learn in the 21st century.

In 1921, Einstein was asked about the speed of sound and replied that he didn’t know because he didn’t carry such information in his mind if it was readily available in textbooks.

Today, we have access to more information than ever before. We can find answers to most questions through our smartphones within just a few minutes, if not seconds.

Yet, our education system is still forcing students to memorize information for tests.
That’s not only ineffective but also worthless as information itself isn’t of value anymore. What matters is how you use that information and whether you can recall it when needed.

How to apply it:
Never waste your brainpower to memorize information which you can easily store somewhere else and find in just a few seconds.
Every single day, we have thousands of mini decisions to make. With each of these decisions, our energy levels fall, and being mindful and productive becomes harder.

What you should do instead is setting up digital information management systems. Passbuttons is the best information management system for scholars and policy makers. It helps you to ensure your academic activities and achievements count. And at the same time helps you to get your dreamed job on/before graduation. It also helps you to avoid unnecessary memorization, whereby answers to your questions are stored and you can retrieve them on a click. You can also ask questions or get your assignments, seminars, presentations, projects, etc done without difficulties.

You can also use tools like Notion, Evernote, Trello, or Google Drive to document and store important information.
Once you’ve arranged these tools, you’ll be able to find all the data you need easily. This will allow you to use your precious brainpower for more critical tasks, such as making important decisions.

Am an Architect. You're telling me not to bother learning how to draw a straight line when a few click on my keyboard will do the job perfectly.
Your problem is that you underestimate the power of the brain.
Your phone might fail you in some places. U can find yourself somewhere where only the knowledge in your head can save you.

Technology is meant to assist us. Not make us dumb like someone rightly pointed out

1 Like

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by adejumobi1451: 11:13am On Dec 10, 2020
:We learn about life after death, if there is or not, whether we reincarnate or not.We learn after death when we Learned that we are no more alive.
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Sunmoluvic: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Surebuttons:

How to apply it:

I don't believe in Nigeria education anymore, the internet has always been my driving force, everything I know, I learned from the internet.
If you don't know, Internet is our new university, data is the school fee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by seanwilliam(m): 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
ethicallyright:
People who quote everything they see are unintelligent.

Knowing .....................s different.
if all what u wrote came from your head then you're very intelligent...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by seanwilliam(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
GodWrites:
You don't need to know everything, but it's an advantage to know little of everything. The human brain is a sophisticated organ, which has remained a mystery to neurologists since the brain became aware of itself.

Technology is a tool, not a substitute for your brain. If you can't store some necessary information without the help of your smartphone, something is wrong somewhere.

If I'm to ask what 35 X 15 is], some people will struggle to answer without their smartphone's help. Technology wasn't meant to make you dumber, but smarter.

Shalom!
you're saying nonsense bro... not knowing the bolded means the person is not smarter,,??
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by GodWrites: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
seanwilliam:
you're saying nonsense bro... not knowing the bolded means the person is not smarter,,??

If you can't solve a simple arithmetic without the help of your device, you're not smart. As simple as that!
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by seanwilliam(m): 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2020
GodWrites:

If you can't solve a simple arithmetic without the help of your device, you're not smart. As simple as that!
tell that to a professor of philosophy or psychology or English .. so if I no no calculate I no smart niyen o.. see talk for mouth
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by emilfischer(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
The current set of information been taught in schools doesn't prepare us for the future.

Affordable UK used laptop
Brand: Hp
Model : Stream
Storage: 32gb ssd
RAM: 2gb
Processor: intel celeron
Size: 11.6 inches
Wireless network: Available
Ports: usb
Supported memory: sdxc, sdhc, mmc
Operating system: wins10
Charger
Free installations
Warranty
Very strong battery

Free delivery in Lagos; Pay on delivery

Price: 60k
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by engrchykae(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sam0:
Because we think that knowledge is everything or we want fame of being known.
but knowledge is everything.
If we knew how to reverse aging,we would be glad.
Imagine such feat
Re: If You Can Answer This, Even Walls Will Fall For You. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
seanwilliam:
if all what u wrote came from your head then you're very intelligent...

Everything came straight outta ma head ...

(1) (Reply)

Crisis Deepens As FG Moves To Deregister ASUU / Pls I Lost My Waec Certificate And Need It To Apply For My Visa. / Can You Read This To The End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.