Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (33501 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by rawtouch: 7:21am On Dec 10, 2020
cool
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by richidinho(m): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2020
jeff1607:

Just curious, did you collect agent and agreement fees most property owners take?

Nothing like that bro....but there is an agreement written and signed by our lawyers
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by findel: 7:22am On Dec 10, 2020
Get a lawyer
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Nanaborga(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2020
Is there no written agreement between you and the bank before you gave out the property for rent , call your lawyer to advice you on the way to go , nor be nairaland wey weed crackhead full , call your lawyer before you make the same silly mistake I make some years back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by majamajic(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2020
Go to court
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Trustedpro: 7:23am On Dec 10, 2020
richidinho:
Please nairalanders i need your help here, A cooperative bank is occupying one of my shops but had the particular branch closed for over a year now.

I have been calling the CEO to come and open the shop for me i dont even need the more than a year's rent again.

What should i do please?

Go to court... They serve letter twice after that you will be assigned a police to evacuate and also take list of items found in the shop...

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Nanaborga(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2020
Is there no written agreement between you and the bank before you gave out the property for rent , call your lawyer to advice you on the way to go , nor be nairaland wey weed crackhead full , call your lawyer before you make the same silly mistake I made some years back

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by findel: 7:23am On Dec 10, 2020
Get a lawyer or u brief me, I will get them out.
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Geonigga(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2020
Contact a lawyer because that is why we have lawyers
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by omorttee4u(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2020
You had been suggested on what to do. Go to court, the longer the case take, you get your money in as much it's cooperate body.
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Tremple8v: 7:24am On Dec 10, 2020
Call am , but make sure say you dey with Otumobor, call his name 3 times . That's all . He don come that same day .

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Sonnobax15(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2020
grin. op,you've got yourself a co-landlord....

Na dis kind tenant dey form caretaker for compound.....he go dey assure other tenants say na him word be final,say landlord no get say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by bluebay(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2020
Ooo
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Chisaedhor: 7:27am On Dec 10, 2020
Say no to

Tinubu 2023

cheesy
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Dimejimichael(m): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2020
9jayes:
Remove the roof

Best moves
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by colestephan86: 7:28am On Dec 10, 2020
richidinho:
Please nairalanders i need your help here, A cooperative bank is occupying one of my shops but had the particular branch closed for over a year now.

I have been calling the CEO to come and open the shop for me i dont even need the more than a year's rent again.

What should i do please?
That's you you shouldn't manage your properties yourself let lawyers handle it. Cos you no wan pay 10% see how you dey loose
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by JoeEeL(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2020
Some of you just foolishly believe you can hustle in your youth and build one or two small houses where you'll be easily collecting rent in old age. Then the rest in the country can f*ck off while you spread your legs in your verandah chopping cool breeze. grin

Y'all just want to play it safe. Hustle huge, be a bit smarter than the rest, enjoy rent proceeds till death. Well, this is the rude awakening.

In the end, bad government affects us all. Your lamentation is similar to that of 80% of landlords anyways. If there are millions of houses and 80% of citizens barely live under $2 per day, what magic do we really expect?

Many middle-class people think they can simply out-hustle the system and give not too much f*cks about the state of governance. Well, you have your answer.

Let us all once and for all learn to face the elephant in the room, instead of always trying to cut corners, find appiah way, bend bend, manoeuvre, barely survive etc.

8 Likes

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by pickatyouu: 7:29am On Dec 10, 2020
Get a court injunction.

Check my signature if you have a car. It might interest you
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by harizonal123(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2020
richidinho:

What should i do please?

Go to area customary court. You don't need a lawyer. The whole process to evacuate your tenant won't take more than two months. Two quit notices will be served on him and one summons then an order will be given to evacuate your property with the court bailiff by force

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by BestJobAssured2(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2020
Some Nigerian tenants wicked no be small.

One has refused to pay close to 3 years rent to my grandpa now

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by anochuko01(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2020
Designsking:
Use prayer chase out
undecided undecided undecided

Africa
Nigeria
Black race
It is well with us

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by potent5(m): 7:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Herkim:
Kindly talk to lawyer for advice
As if he doesn't know. He's looking for shortcuts.
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Gift96: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2020
you can seek a court injunction to help you open the shop. maybe the CEO is having financial problem but 1 year is enough to comeback and open the shop
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Gift96: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2020
since he didn't travel out of the country
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by nomenclature(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2020
Remove all the windows and doors,he will leave by himself
richidinho:

What should i do please?
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Eriokanmi: 7:33am On Dec 10, 2020
You dey stingy OP grin you no wan spend money. Better hire a lawyer, you be educated pesin so, you sabi wetin you for do.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by b5ive(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2020
Remove the roof for renovation. Thank nairaland later....
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by frank417: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2020
No go remove roof o. I think there is a clause in your agreement that they are exploiting.

Get a lawyer.
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by SILVERLINES: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2020
Abaman001:
Find out if the branch manager or CEO is an ipob member

IPOB kill u dere

Ewu
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by AfroKnight: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2020
I don’t know how much you think a lawyer will charge you that you cannot hire one.

You’re educated for crying out loud.
Re: My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! by Angelzuby(m): 7:37am On Dec 10, 2020
The young man is only here to seek your advice while writing out of point via if the man is an ipob member, remove the roof, break the padlock etc....

Use the energy where you can contribute positively OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent Since 2018, What Can I Do? / Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of 20 Buildings In Banana Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.