Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo (41621 Views)

May Edochie Shares New Family Photo With A Cryptic Message / Femi, Yeni Kuti Remember Mum 20 Years After Death (Photos) / Yeni Kuti Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by FutureDecisions: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Yeni Kuti, daughter of the late Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, has lamented a stolen family picture which according to her would have been perfect for the family’s museums, Igbere TV reports.

Yeni posted the picture on Instagram on Wednesday, saying many people had sent it to her.

“I have received this picture from so many people I thought I should post it. This picture used to belong to us till it was stolen like many of our pictures, by unscrupulous people. It saddens me that they now post them on social media without returning them to the rightful owners. They are our memories that I would have gladly shared or put in our museums but now denied that opportunity,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIkqmNCjIkR/?igshid=jm3ixfj1rzkm

The picture was taken at Fela’s homecoming party in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital at the residence of Olufunmilayo Ransome-Kuti, Fela’s mother.

Listing those in the picture from left to right, Yeni wrote: “Auntie Dolu (Fela’s Sister) holding her son Yomi Ogundipe , Granny (The lioness of Lisabi) our grandmother. Uncle Koye (The most Honourable minister of health to date) in my opinion o!!!and his first son Dotun. My cousin now a great veterinary doctor Fela our father (CREATOR of Afrobeat) holding me (blush) see me stressing him and my mother Remilekun (beautiful inside and out holding Femi my brother (great musician).”

Yeni added that the residence of her grandmother where the picture was taken is now the Kuti Heritage Museum.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by JaneYave(f): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
Some people steal anything stealable.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
like father like daughter

igbolabi family grin

respect baba fela

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by peacekante: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
grin
Just last week the great FELA Kuti was honored in his former school in UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM6C9Wn41Gs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by CodedMillionair: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by slawormiir: 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Ottyn01(m): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2020
They stole it because the picture is worth million dollar$...Las las nah oyinbo people go buy am.grin

7 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Maxikenna: 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Auntie Yeni this is simple. Just ask your family members. Some people can steal pictures from album no be small
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Dailyhappenings: 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
its actually funny...i'll join my guy to say damn nigarrrrr
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by tillaman(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sorry Aunty Yeni
Such effrontery, they thief una property them still dey wuge for una
If na me I nor go gree o until the property is safe in my home

6 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by sylve11: 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
Stolen or got misplaced and it was picked up? Anyway sha, whosoever is with the photo, should please return it to the rightful owner. cool

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Gwagone: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
She's still doubting the power of internet cry
Moreover, people are wicked

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Factfinder1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
She looks like a junkie
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Kzinne: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by GreaterFuture(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hmmmn, this Woman...

I remember as a boy being put inside a car, around 6 or 7 years I would be. The parents were in the Driver's and front Seat, my Younger Brother, a baby at the time, on the Mother's laps.
We drive past Ayinke house (now LASUTH), the place I was Born. We stopped at an unusually kinda weird, cool place.
They were selling many kinds of food there. Some Smelled very nice, some smelt Funny, others smelt like nothing I've ever perceived before. A lot of different aromas, but non smelt bad. The collection of people too was eclectic. Some Women "Porsche', others dressed in Party clothes, some looking simple, some with funny makeups, Some men in Native wears, others in Corporate wears while se other women were dressed very Skimpy too.
Marijuana and Cigarette smoking was everywhere. But people did the most of the marijuana smoking in Groups, a bit away from the main open areas.
The music was nothing like I've seen anywhere and maybe till date. At the entrance some guys and Girls were Casually Playing Instruments for fun. Every canteen and seller was playing some cool Soul, Folk, reggae or mainstream music that seemed to match the kind of food they were serving. The stage area had a DJ and a Band. Sometimes the DJ would play, sometimes the band or a person would play. I remember one time both DJ and Band member(s) played together spontaneously in the spur of the moment.
There were a lot of rough looking guys here, but they seemed happy and chill here, and they did not scare me per say in this Place.

This man walked past us Carefree, smiled very briefly at the parents, waved at some people, gave quick instructions at some Fellow workers/compound members nearby, and went on to the stage area. Some things were different about this man, the major one being that he was wearing only Pants, Underwear Pants. A grown man wearing only Pants walking around in Public and every other adult did not mind, even I did not pay attention to it per say, but something clicked Somewhere deep in my Subconscious that this is very Unusual. He was pretty slim and a bit Below average height. He walked to the stage area, stayed a bit there, and and then went backstage, all the while he had a Joint in His Hand he was taking Puffs from. Two young men or late teenagers that looked very much like him followed shortly. One was a bit light skinned and held a very bright Yellow/Gold Saxophone �

I saw these women dressed in Very similar Skimpy outfits wearing very Loud makeups. Now a number of women here wear Skimpy clothes, but these women's own were very Distinct. Their make-ups was a whole different thing, . Some were kinda weird, some were masqueradish, others Alluring Etc. but they were all pretty cool and Exciting to me. They were at different places in the main area and they Smoked a lot too, a whole lot. I don't think I have ever before in my life till now seen women or ladies Only, gathered together just chilling and all were smoking Marijuana, but then again I'm not a really Outgoing person too.

But the most unusual thing about this compound/Club/event Centre/chill out Zone etc. Was that I saw Chickens walking about amongst people like they were people themselves, Very very large Chickens. The smallest chicken bird here would be as big as a very Large Turkey. What kind of thing is this? I had never seen anything like it before in My life. These chickens were not running from anyone and nobody was chasing them. Some of them were wearing large Gold Chains on their Necks, Original gold, the type very Rich Pop Celebrities wear. And if you go Close to them, they will look you in the eye, stare, wait or walk away if they want to. If you tried to attack or chase them they will fight back at you, some were so tall, they reach the knee level of an adult Person with average height. I have never seen anything like that before since then and till date.

The Man In UnderPants Came back on stage, this Time in Skintight Leather abi Nylon trousers, shirtless and starts to talk, Talk, talk and Talk, all the while smiling, showing his somewhat smoke-stained Teeth. He made the Crowd laugh several times, responded to Questions and even hecklers.
After talking for about two hours at least, he then starts what he called his "Underground spiritual Game" and The main band starts to play. The woman in the OP's Post above Comes out to dance Very energetically for a while, then another Level of 'Soulfully-deep' music enters the Atmosphere, the night is long, Party and Merrying goes, Some Yoruba-inspired Traditional rituals are done... Etcetera, etcetera etcetera.

#throwback to Circa '93, '94

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
If na oyibo now, they'll start valuing this picture for thousands of dollars because it's fela lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Kenny242(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
angry
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Lovelies1: 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by dalass(f): 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
grin

She now has the opportunity to print it out, enlarge, frame it and put in their museum.

It may belong to her extended family and not stolen like she claims
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by MosayA: 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
See Stolen Picture grin grin grin
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by omoadeleye(m): 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Lost or stolen?
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Queenserah26(f): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
Pele
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by onlinereview: 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Wartsnigeria: 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
JaneYave:
Some people still anything stealable

Just type in your language please.

5 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Olawumi1032(f): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
people sha
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Lesq37: 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
Heyo
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by Deborah98(f): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
undecided
Re: Fela Kuti's Daughter, Yeni Laments Stolen Family Photo by endsarrrs(f): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Dnt let ipob matter kee una. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tacha Claims She Paid $20,000 (₦‎15M) For Her Blue Dress To The AMVCA / Williams Uchemba's House In Los Angeles, California (Photos) / Ghanaians Blast Sarkodie After He Requested Financial Help For Little Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.