Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen (32407 Views)

Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting / Sagay To APC: Stop Tarnishing Lagos CP, Imohimi Edgal's Image / Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by emapeteum(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Oga, the NASS can't summon the president.

Nothing in our laws empwers them to do so.

You may compare situations in the UK or elsewhere all you want, but that's the position.

Period!
So your Buhari is even more powerful than the US President. Wrong and uninformed comparison
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2020
IMASTEX:

Na another mumu Prof wey trade him sense because of money.
But you even without money, you traded your common sense?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2020
emapeteum:

So your Buhari is even more powerful than the US President. Wrong and uninformed comparison
You are just finding out? Then you will come online & be arguing blindly as if you have knowledge of current affairs? Bat Man.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by ZaddyJamal: 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2020
I have one word for Sagay...SENILE angry
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Alaska90(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sagay who said summoning Buhari amounts to denigrating the sovereignty of Nigeria also reminded the lawmakers that the British Parliament cannot summon the Queen to respond to any issue.

I am so disappointed in this Prof ( Nigerian with big title but zero Knowledge ).

Mr Prof the Queen of England is not just ordinary head of state but the owner of the country.

Everything in the country is named after her eg Royal Navy, Royal mail, Her Majesty Government HMG etc

Everybody is working for her.....She is above the law!...she cant be taken to court for any offence!

According to British system, she has delegated the management of day to day affairs of her country to the Prime minister which is selected by the British people

And the parliament can summon the Prime minister to explain anything at any time.

But fortunately. there is what you call a Prime minister question day , normally on Wednesday where Member of the parliament MP can question the Prime minister on any issue affecting the country or their constituencies.

Thereby taking democracy to the people.

This is what we should be advocating for in Nigeria rather than another useless and expensive election in 2023 with the same military constitution.

We need to go back to people constitution which is the 1963 constitution and reform it to current situation of the country.

Imagine having a President like Buhari that you only see in public once in a year......he cant not answer any critical question correctly.

That's the reason they don't want him to go to the house of assembly.

I am so disappointed in this Prof oh.

1 Like

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
ZaddyJamal:
I have one word for Sagay...SENILE angry
The truth is bitter, tell the people that are the custodian of the law to amend it , & stop whining, this is the beauty of Democrazy.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by olakan22: 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
What amazes me is the grace with which these 'intellectuals' speak. This one is someone's grandpa fa...
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by bigcasava1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/british-parliament-cant-summon-queen-sagay-tells-nass/
what about the prime minister? Is buhari a monarch leader? Sagay you are a disappointment to your people.

1 Like

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Ihatemumu: 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2020
dustmalik:

[s]Some of you don't know anything. The guy you quoted is right. The queen of england is the head of state, though with no constitutional powers.
Go and read about the queen[/s].

If your family members were amongst those killed by the bandits, you won't justify the excuse why Buhari cannot speak to Nigeria.

Some of you don't know anything.
We have seen you that knows everything. Yet nobody knows you!!!
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by ZaddyJamal: 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
blacknp:
The truth is bitter, tell the people that are the custodian of the law to amend it , & stop whining, this is the beauty of Democrazy.

Who's this daft element?

You and truth sitting in your squalor, managing a meal a day right undecided
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
Alaska90:
Sagay who said summoning Buhari amounts to denigrating the sovereignty of Nigeria also reminded the lawmakers that the British Parliament cannot summon the Queen to respond to any issue.

I am so disappointed in this Prof ( Nigerian with big title but zero Knowledge ).

Mr Prof the Queen of England is not just ordinary head of state but the owner of the country.

Everything in the country is named after her eg Royal Navy, Royal mail, Her Majesty Government HMG etc

Everybody is working for her.....She is above the law!...she cant be taken to court for any offence!

According to British system, she has delegated the management of day to day affairs of her country to the Prime minister which is selected by the British people

And the parliament can summon the Prime minister to explain anything at any time.

But fortunately. there is what you call a Prime minister question day , normally on Wednesday where Member of the parliament MP can question the Prime minister on any issue affecting the country or their constituencies.

Thereby taking democracy to the people.

This is what we should be advocating for in Nigeria rather than another useless and expensive election in 2023 with the same military constitution.

We need to go back to people constitution which is the 1963 constitution and reform it to current situation of the country.

Imagine having a President like Buhari that you only see in public once in a year......he cant not answer any critical question correctly.

That's the reason they don't want him to go to the house of assembly.

I am so disappointed in this Prof oh.

You are disappointed in Prof Sagay because you lack knowledge, God save Queen Victoria, not Elizabeth, you don’t know anything of what you are talking about, the 1963 constitution is what abolished the parliamentary system (British), and turned us into a presidential system like the Americans, which was the bedrock for the 1979 Constitution, now Amended 1999 Constitution.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by uuzba(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
bolaayenimo:
because they have no reason to summon her. can you compare the situation here to United Kingdom?
The queen is a monarch. She isn't voted. Her face is on their money. People kneel down before the queen she lives in a Castle, Everybody speaks HER OWN PERSONAL language, English Their national anthem is her own personal praise song, (God save out gracious Queen...)
She is above the president. She authorises the Prime minister to run the country.
The equivalent person in the United Kingdom is the Prime minister. That one, they can summon. Very well..
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Arizonaguy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/british-parliament-cant-summon-queen-sagay-tells-nass/
The queen is a monarch and not elected dumbass

1 Like

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by IMASTEX: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
blacknp:
But you even without money, you traded your common sense?
E pain you! Oya keep mentioning me because that is what you're paid #30k to do online.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Omololupromise: 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Do we run same government or same constitution

1 Like

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by authority2006(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
“Secondly, we all know that those PDP lawmakers are looking for every opportunity to boo and humiliate the President. They did it when he went to present the budget when Saraki was Senate President. They booed, shouted at him and embarrass him but he showed so much personal composure, presented the budget and left with dignity”.

I can still remember how those shameless and reckless PDP law breakers disgrace Nigeria on national TV back then. You will never have that kind of opportunity again, na frustration go kill all of una
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by uuzba(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
blacknp:
God save Queen Victoria, not Elizabeth.
Who ever is King or Queen at the moment, that is the person they sing national anthem to.
When they colonised Nigeria, King George was in power. My dad was a kid then, in Warri. And we Nigerians as well as British all sang, God save our gracious King! His son abdicated the throne, gave power to Elizabeth and so everybody began singing God save our Gracious Queen .
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Igbunu4: 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
Please, which university awarded this nicompoop a professor?
Or is it old age that is affecting him

1 Like

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Seniormanfeyyie(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
And they say this one is SAN,did the people of england vote for the queen? Mumu man. For your information am a competent teacher of government even at advance level. The queen is a ceremonial head while the prime minister is the head of goverment and can be summoned by the national congress.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
IMASTEX:

E pain you! Oya keep mentioning me because that is what you're paid #30k to do online.
Who are, or is you? Unrepentant Ipob miscreants.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by IboWolf: 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

You do not summon royalty. The parliament can call on the prime minister and he will show up.

Compare apples with apples.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by ttbaba(m): 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
I wish will have disciplines legislator which is not faulty by northerners religion bigot and tribal sentiment, impeachment would have be the next action...
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
uuzba:

Who ever is King or Queen at the moment, that is the person they sing national anthem to.
When they colonised Nigeria, King George was in power. My dad was a kid then, in Warri. And we Nigerians as well as British all sang, God save our gracious King! His son abdicated the throne, gave power to Elizabeth and so everybody began singing God save our Gracious Queen .
Maybe your father was born in 1914? When Nigeria became an independent nation in 1960 Queen Elizabeth was already on the throne, so who thought your father that King George lullaby?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by bejeria101(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
We don't have a queen.

We have a last cowbender, live with it.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by baratech: 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
Buhari is not King.

He was elected into office.

The British Parliament can summon the Prime Minister at any time...

So in their eyes, Buhari is King of Nigeria No wonder he behaves like he's doing us a favor
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Franktom247(m): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
Buhari is indeed a great man a man with nepa bill as certificate has 2 professors of law working under him and saying rubbish just to be in his good books my eyes have seen a whole itse sagay said this thrash and compared this country to the uk you see why na charge and bail lawyers full this country
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
ttbaba:
I wish will have disciplines legislator which is not faulty by northerners religion bigot and tribal sentiment, impeachment would have be the next action...
Someone you cannot see, you want to catch?how can they impeach the enigma Buhari? All the Reps want to do is shake the President’s hand.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by wman(m): 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
Itse Sagay is a fool. A very big one. To think that I once respected this man and held him in high esteem.

A knowledgeable law professor like himself spewing trash and selling his generation because of political appointments.

What a shame
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Franktom247:
Buhari is indeed a great man a man with nepa bill as certificate has 2 professors of law working under him and saying rubbish just to be in his good books my eyes have seen a whole itse sagay said this thrash and compared this country to the uk you see why na charge and bail lawyers full this country
If your father was half as brilliant as the 2 professors you mentioned you wouldn’t have been these naive.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by vhykeeytor(m): 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
I for like slap this useless Prof. on Sunday @Our Saviour's Church Tafawa Balawa Square Onikan Lagos. Just to reset his brain to factory settings.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by lereinter(m): 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
White hair doesn't always mean wisdom

Sagay your kids and generation will be caught up in violence that will claim them and you will be dumbfounded to speak
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by blacknp(m): 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
wman:
Itse Sagay is a fool. A very big one. To think that I once respected this man and held him in high esteem.

A knowledgeable law professor like himself spewing trash and selling his generation because of political appointments.

What a shame
You held him in high esteem in the past? It seems you forgot you brains in the waste disposal bin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! / Buhari: Those Who Thought I Was Dead Begged Osinbajo To Make Them His VP / Ize-iyamu Goes For Thanksgiving After Edo Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.