Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen (32422 Views)

Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting / Sagay To APC: Stop Tarnishing Lagos CP, Imohimi Edgal's Image / Sagay To Oshiomhole: APC Can't Afford To Fight Governors Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Benbellamor: 10:33am On Dec 11, 2020
Zionbel:
Prof Itse Sagay brought to the fore the truism in this adage, "you have to be so stupid and lose your mind completely to support BUHARI."
He is an old fool and a clown. He read law and became a SAN only to become a novice in common law of common sense.
The British parliament can't summon the queen because she's not an elected constitutional authority. And that doesn't make the queen a dictator because she doesn't have absolute authority and power.
But the English parliament can summon the prime minister because he's elected.
You just schooled the unprofessional professor....I can't even believe that I still dignify him with professor
You think he doesn't know that he is juxtaposing wrongly?
At times ignore this peoples comments to keep a healthy mental shape..reading sagays comment is like inserting a virus corrupted flash into your system..it will slow your youe systems performance and attack valuable files...
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by BUGOFF(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2020
OfoIgbo:
But the. British parliament can question the prime minister.

Buhari is not the king of Nigeria. Idiots
don't mind the moro n. buhari a king? no wonder the callousness of the man,..or is it ineptitude in camouflage?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2020
OfoIgbo:
But the. British parliament can question the prime minister.

Buhari is not the king of Nigeria. Idiots
That's because Prime Minister is also a member of parliament! Read before you comment. Don't just come here to vomit because of your hate for Buhari. It's seriously making look a simpleton!
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by OfoIgbo: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:

That's because Prime Minister is also a member of parliament! Read before you comment. Don't just come here to vomit because of your hate for Buhari. It's seriously making look a simpleton!

Another one that didn't finish his almajiri education.

The US that we model our democracy after, you mean to tell us that the US congress can't invite the president of the US, who is both the head of state and head of government?

King Charles I was invited by and tried by the UK parliament, and sentenced to death and executed. King Charles had executive powers so he was still held accountable, and dealt with, by the UK parliament.

Buhari is not a ceremonial monarch. He is the executive president of Nigeria, and as the head of the executive, the Nigerian parliament can invite him when it deems fit.

That Buhari is the head of state, doesn't mean he is no longer the head of government. It is he, who employs all the security ministers and DGs, so the national assembly can invite him to answer questions regarding the security situation of Nigeria.

The queen does not employ the UK secretaries and ministers. Also there is no Fulani terrorist problem under the purview of the UK monarch, so the monarch can never be invited by the UK parliament to answer for Fulani terrorists, as there are no Fulani terrorists in the UK, and also the monarch is not responsible for employing the security heads of the UK.

I will advise you guys to educate yourselves. We are not all fools that you can confuse.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Sammy75(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
There is more of politics playing out in this statements and reasons given. I was thinking that sections of our constitution should have been provided to show why the Legislative arm lacks the power to invite the "peoples president".

If the people needs clarification about certain issues affecting them, they channel their complaints to their elected legislators who have the right (backed by the constitution) to act on their behave. The people via the legislators invited the president to account for issues of security and some quarters are saying that the legislators (representing the people) have no right to invite the " peoples president ".

My questions: would the president and presidency prefer the people to carryout protest like the endsars protest in order for the president to response on security issues? Who is in-charge of security in Nigeria? Why do the Presidency always avoiding the president to address the people anytime the need arise? Is there any hidden agenda? I will like to know what Nigeria presidency make of Checks and Balances? Can checks and balances work without questions and answering from principal officers in government?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by archipelago: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Is Nigeria and British running the same constitution? If the constitution of Nigeria empowers NASS to invite the the president on national burning issues as enumerated by some of our learned lawyers, why are we now bringing British parliament into Nigeria isdue?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by archipelago: 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Is Nigeria and British running the same constitution? If the constitution of Nigeria empowers NASS to invite the the president on national burning issues as enumerated by some of our learned lawyers, why are we now bringing British parliament into Nigeria issue?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Nyanabo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Oin grin

They Will always compare nigeria with the wrong one. is britain structure no similar to nigeria ? ? does the uk not practice constitutional monarchy no more ? why not compare to the USA ? Coming from a professor am embrassed.

Bunch of clueless people in power.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
OfoIgbo:

The US that we model our democracy after, you mean to tell us that the US congress can't invite the president of the US, who is both the head of state and head of government?

King Charles I was invited by and tried by the UK parliament, and sentenced to death and executed. King Charles had executive powers so he was still held accountable, and dealt with, by the UK parliament.

Buhari is not a ceremonial monarch. He is the executive president of Nigeria, and as the head of the executive, the Nigerian parliament can invite him when it deems fit.

That Buhari is the head of state, doesn't mean he is no longer the head of government. It is he, who employs all the security ministers and DGs, so the national assembly can invite him to answer questions regarding the security situation of Nigeria.

The queen does not employ the UK secretaries and ministers. Also there is no Fulani terrorist problem under the purview of the UK monarch, so the monarch can never be invited by the UK parliament to answer for Fulani terrorists, as there are no Fulani terrorists in the UK, and also the monarch is not responsible for employing the security heads of the UK.

I will advise you guys to educate yourselves. We are not all fools that you can confuse.

The hate for Buhari is killing you very fast and to my surprise, it started from your Brain!

Tell us the last time the US Congress summon US President! Mumu! Or annual ritual of state of nation is what you regarded as summoning the President!

I am buying you sense but you were referring to issue of 1670s! What happened to your life? How did you mismanaged your life and got you to this level! But I'm not surprised, that's what hate does! Hate makes you look like simpleton which I don't doubt you a fine nincompoop already!

They raised a constitutional issue and security reasons, that didn't make a sense to your senseless brain! But if it were to be other way or against Buhari, you will started wailing endlessly!

The hate in you will kill you!
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Dedetwo(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
8BitGee:
What a slowpoke. Buhari must be king of Nigeria! Rubbish.

How did the dude graduate out of the faculty of Law from a university?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Nyanabo(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:

STFU ! it seems you need to unlearn are re-learn.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Nyanabo(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:

The hate for Buhari is killing you very fast and to my surprise, it started from your Brain!

Tell us the last time the US Congress summon US President! Mumu! Or annual ritual of state of nation is what you regarded as summoning the President!

I am buying you sense but you were referring to issue of 1670s! What happened to your life? How did you mismanaged your life and got you to this level! But I'm not surprised, that's what hate does! !

They raised a constitutional issue and security reasons, that didn't make a sense to your senseless brain! But if it were to be other way or against Buhari, you will started wailing endlessly!

Why do buharist always retort to insult and abuse when they have nothing to counter banters ?

the president is the GCFR which makes him answerable to all security issues do you know the meaning of that or do i need to school you ? from your comments it shows you are as daft as the PMB
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nyanabo:

STFU ! it seems you need to unlearn are re-learn.

Just debunk my fact before learning and re-learning!

But what you actually need is brain settings and resettings! It's in plural!
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nyanabo:

Why do buharist always retort to insult and abuse when they have nothing to counter banters ?

the president is the GCFR which makes him answerable to all security issues do you know the meaning of that or do i need to school you ? from your comments it shows you are as daft as the PMB

Stop dodging facts and valid issues! There is no trophy for winner!

It isn't an insult but a wake up call to what hate is doing to your life!
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by OfoIgbo: 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:

I am buying you sense but you were referring to issue of 1670s! What happened to your life? How did you mismanaged your life and got you to this level! But I'm not surprised, that's what hate does! Hate makes you look like simpleton which I don't doubt you a fine nincompoop already!

So is 1670 no longer a year on earth? Anyway at least you seem to now accept that at some point the UK parliament invited, and even tried and condemned a reigning monarch.
What your almajiri brain should have tried to find out is this. Why in 1670? Why not now?
The simple answer being that following the execution of the absolute monarch Charles I, the UK parliament took on a huge chunk of the executive roles that monarchs used to perform in the UK. Today, monarchs are just ceremonial, they don't employ executives of the administration. Only ELECTED representatives can wield such executive powers in the UK.

In Nigeria, you mumus made Buhari the EXECUTIVE president of the country, but now you want us to see him as a ceremonial monarch, who plays no part in the employment of the security heads of his government.

Let me make it clear to you almajiris that the president is THE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE NATION, therefore it is within the purview of the national assembly to invite the president to answer queries on SECURITY lapses in the nation.
When Buhari made sure to leave out a whole zone, from the security leadership of this country, it was not questioned. Today, those security leaders employed by Buhari are now making a mess of the country's security, and their employer must answer for their failings after all he employed them.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
grin grin please borrow brain from any of your relative with 0.00000000001 correct synchronised thinking capability to respond my well laid out and factual response!

It's obvious you just browsed through for peripheral knowledge of what happened during that period between the king and parliament, and no any other textual evidencing knowledge about the whole scenario yet you still failed to grasp the thoughts and lessons behind what happened because of your myopic goal!

And you know what the goal is? To counter what I said either right or wrong because of hate in you! All about your life is Buhari this and that.

Your common sense has ceased to exist! How many books have you read that you think you can counter what I said?

Again, I think most people with Buhari's hate are nincompoop, a personalized dolt and perpetual knowledge wrecker! Show me where in the constitution that said the President can be summoned? Read very well next time! You're not a match but a clown!

I think the skull that housed your brain is basket and by now I don't expect any brain to remain in your skull!

OfoIgbo:

So is 1670 no longer a year on earth? Anyway at least you seem to now accept that at some point the UK parliament invited, and even tried and condemned a reigning monarch.
What your almajiri brain should have tried to find out is this. Why in 1670? Why not now?
The simple answer being that following the execution of the absolute monarch Charles I, the UK parliament took on a huge chunk of the executive roles that monarchs used to perform in the UK. Today, monarchs are just ceremonial, they don't employ executives of the administration. Only ELECTED representatives can wield such executive powers in the UK.

In Nigeria, you mumus made Buhari the EXECUTIVE president of the country, but now you want us to see him as a ceremonial monarch, who plays no part in the employment of the security heads of his government.

Let me make it clear to you almajiris that the president is THE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER OF THE NATION, therefore it is within the purview of the national assembly to invite the president to answer queries on SECURITY lapses in the nation.
When Buhari made sure to leave out a whole zone, from the security leadership of this country, it was not questioned. Today, those security leaders employed by Buhari are now making a mess of the country's security, and their employer must answer for their failings after all he employed them.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by History555: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Apc zombiez have forgotten the us senate, Clinton and Monica Lewinsky affair
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by History555: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:

Ask Clinton
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
History555:

Ask Clinton

Are you sleeping? Which Clinton? Husband or wife? Or you're referring to his impeachment saga! I don't know your age or how small you were then but I believed you witnessed Trump impeachment process! Was he summoned throughout the whole process?

And I hope you know difference between been subpoenaed and been summoned!

Abi what set of Olodos am I encountering today!

And the Mumu is coding self as History555 while you're 000History
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by OfoIgbo: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:
grin grin please borrow brain from any of your relative with 0.00000000001 correct synchronised thinking capability to respond my well laid out and factual response!

It's obvious you just browsed through for peripheral knowledge of what happened during that period between the king and parliament, and no any other textual evidencing knowledge about the whole scenario yet you still failed to grasp the thoughts and lessons behind what happened because of your myopic goal!

And you know what the goal is? To counter what I said either right or wrong because of hate in you! All about your life is Buhari this and that.

Your common sense has ceased to exist! How many books have you read that you think you can counter what I said?

Again, I think most people with Buhari's hate are nincompoop, a personalized dolt and perpetual knowledge wrecker! Show me where in the constitution that said the President can be summoned? Read very well next time! You're not a match but a clown!

I think the skull that housed your brain is basket and by now I don't expect any brain to remain in your skull!

You can scream all you like. Bottomline is that the US congress can invite the US president in pressing matters. Go and study the presidency of Bill Clinton and get a well known example of the US Congress inviting a sitting president. EXECUTIVE head of government and state

The UK Parliament also once invited a sitting king. They tried him, condemned him, and had him executed. EXECUTIVE head of state

Buhari has no escape route. That is if your illiteracy will let you see the cogent points I am making
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Again? The hate in you will kill you!
When did US Congress summon or invite Clinton! One Baboon said the same and below is my response which also answer your olodo brain in your skull:

"Are you sleeping? Which Clinton? Husband or wife? Or you're referring to his impeachment saga! I don't know your age or how small you were then, but I believed you witnessed Trump impeachment process! Was he summoned throughout the whole process?

Abi what set of Olodos am I encountering today!"

Regarding UK, you're talking of 1670! I won't grace you with what you don't know on this! Stop being silly and face your study and your life instead of hate for your leader!

Summoning Buhari is a pure constitutional issue which you don't have anything tangible evidence to put forward as argument for stupid stance rather the hate you have for him!

You have problem and you need to consult you doctor ASAP because you're just beating around the bush and you have failed to show any evidence why you nincompoop except to tell they can do it in UK and US!

Seriously! Get help

OfoIgbo:

You can scream all you like. Bottomline is that the US congress can invite the US president in pressing matters. Go and study the presidency of Bill Clinton and get a well known example of the US Congress inviting a sitting president. EXECUTIVE head of government and state

The UK Parliament also once invited a sitting king. They tried him, condemned him, and had him executed. EXECUTIVE head of state

Buhari has no escape route. That is if your illiteracy will let you see the cogent points I am making
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by Owologbo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/british-parliament-cant-summon-queen-sagay-tells-nass/
one of the politicians from the south slaving for the north just to be noticed.
our politicians are the ones giving the north the guts to misbehave in this stupid country.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by OfoIgbo: 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
kutashi:
Again? The hate in you will kill you!
When did US Congress summon or invite Clinton! One Baboon said the same and below is my response which also answer your olodo brain in your skull:

"Are you sleeping? Which Clinton? Husband or wife? Or you're referring to his impeachment saga! I don't know your age or how small you were then, but I believed you witnessed Trump impeachment process! Was he summoned throughout the whole process?

Abi what set of Olodos am I encountering today!"

Regarding UK, you're talking of 1670! I won't grace you with what you don't know on this! Stop being silly and face your study and your life instead of hate for your leader!

Summoning Buhari is a pure constitutional issue which you don't have anything tangible evidence to put forward as argument for stupid stance rather the hate you have for him!

You have problem and you need to consult you doctor ASAP because you're just beating around the bush and you have failed to show any evidence why you nincompoop except to tell they can do it in UK and US!

Seriously! Get help

Here you are yet again with your incoherent babble.

So far I have been using the word INVITE.
It covers SUMMON and SUBPOENA.

So far you seem to admit that an English monarch was once invited by the UK parliament, which automatically rubbishes Sagay's illiterate claims.

You also seem to be admitting that Bill Clinton was SUBPOENAED (a sort of forced invitation) to appear before the US Congress.

As you can see,. Buhari can be invited and he has no excuses or precedence to use as a cover, for not appearing before the national assembly, if invited
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by CoolAmbience(m): 9:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
emapeteum:

So your Buhari is even more powerful than the US President. Wrong and uninformed comparison

Who is the US President?

Mtchewww.

Inferiority complex don finish this one.

Are you referring to Trump who, whenever he opens his mouth to talk, utters complete nonsense?

How dare you compare Trump with Buhari?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by emapeteum(m): 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Who is the US President?

Mtchewww.

Inferiority complex don finish this one.

Are you referring to Trump who, whenever he opens his mouth to talk, utters complete nonsense?

How dare you compare Trump with Buhari?
You lack the capacity to comprehend simple/complex sentences. Is Donald Trump the only US President or no other person would occupy the seat after Trump? Your usage of inferiority complex does not fit in here. For the benefit of doubt, I believe you're being sarcastic here
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by kutashi: 7:12am On Dec 12, 2020
grin grin grin You're illogically twisting a logical based valid statement!

You're just concerned about listening to yourself and telling yourself you're right! And that's deluding your reasoning!

What your confused brain is telling you about what happened in 1680s is not! I refused to elaborate on that. Just read and revert, may be by then, you will know you're Mumu I tagged you and Sagay is right!

Was Bill Clinton subpoenaed by Congress? Abi what have you been drinking? Tell when and date?

And let this sink into your Mumu brain, Subpoena is a must once you're served and it's not a matter of choice! Summoning is choice (except where law states otherwise)! Read what Tony MoMoh did during his days at Daily Times and equally Sagay of recent if you're up-to date! Even ordinary head of agency are threatened with budget approval before they show face atimes and no where, I repeat no where in our constitution where It was written emphatically or expressly that President can be summoned.

You read very wide and argue with knowledge not by sentiment or hate! Arguing with latter will bring the dolt part of you into action and energising your stupidity online for the world to see damned you are!

OfoIgbo:

Here you are yet again with your incoherent babble.

So far I have been using the word INVITE.
It covers SUMMON and SUBPOENA.

So far you seem to admit that an English monarch was once invited by the UK parliament, which automatically rubbishes Sagay's illiterate claims.

You also seem to be admitting that Bill Clinton was SUBPOENAED (a sort of forced invitation) to appear before the US Congress.

As you can see,. Buhari can be invited and he has no excuses or precedence to use as a cover, for not appearing before the national assembly, if invited
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by CoolAmbience(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2020
emapeteum:

You lack the capacity to comprehend simple/complex sentences. Is Donald Trump the only US President or no other person would occupy the seat after Trump? Your usage of inferiority complex does not fit in here. For the benefit of doubt, I believe you're being sarcastic here

Why would my usage of inferiority complex fit when you know next to nothing about what you are talking about?

Go rest abeg. US this, US that. Shey, finally, their election don show the world who dem really be?
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by emapeteum(m): 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
CoolAmbience:

aboWhy would my usage of inferiority complex fit when you know next to nothing about what you are talkingut?

Go rest abeg. US this, US that. Shey, finally, their election don show the world who dem really be?

This is the most irrational being av ever came across in life.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by emapeteum(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Why would my usage of inferiority complex fit when you know next to nothing about what you are talking about?

You are not coherent in your thought.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by CoolAmbience(m): 7:05am On Dec 14, 2020
emapeteum:

You are not coherent in your thought.

Mr. Coherent! Relocate to the US na.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by CoolAmbience(m): 7:10am On Dec 14, 2020
emapeteum:

This is the most irrational being av ever came across in life.

See this one...irrational because it doesn't suit your obviously imbalanced and hate-woven views abi?

You think leadership is cup cake abi?

Just lead 5 people, even if they are your family members, well and let's see.

Leadership is not just about jumping to social media to act social critic.
Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by emapeteum(m): 7:33am On Dec 14, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Mr. Coherent! Relocate to the US na.

You're so backwards and uninformed. Over 600 students were adopted in Katsina state when your paymaster was in town. Keep defending evil with illogical and unreasonable points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Has No Christian Daughter Married To Anambra Man - Sahara Reporters / Buhari: Those Who Thought I Was Dead Begged Osinbajo To Make Them His VP / Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.