Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students (17979 Views)

UNN Increases School Fees By 100%, As #JusticeForUNNstudents Trends / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by timay(m): 6:46am On Dec 11, 2020
seriously?
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by bluefilm: 6:46am On Dec 11, 2020
#COVIDIOTS. angry

Next time if these Europeans and Americans want to kill their economy using Lockdowns under the false pretense of COVID, just copy them and do exactly the same thing.

Now your own economy don go under recession, make we see weda those Europeans and Americans will come and rescue you.

Nonsense. sad
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by solsticey2k3(m): 6:47am On Dec 11, 2020
It is well
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by livinbygrace: 6:53am On Dec 11, 2020
In a country where the minimu wage cant buy a bag of rice and you claim to be fighting corruption?We are deceiving ourselves.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by ezechi24(m): 6:53am On Dec 11, 2020
paulolee:
chaai....its better d new students use dt 60k go learn trade bcoz after the 4 yrs, na still same old story..
remember wen I was seeking for admission during 2015, me n .y friend uche did waec d same day n both passed d cut off n was given admission BT uche cudnt further bcox of funds..
he wwnt to learn tailoring n his uncle gave him one of his big shops....last year, an old friend dt finished school since 2017 n still job hunting told me dt he av started learning work as one of uche boys..
uche is not yet made BT he rented a self contain in lag this feb, finshed par time studies in yaba-tech last year, heard he is now building a ous in his village n talking abt getting married next year while am still in stagnancy after years unlike my friend..
av started learning work dis year BT gat limited time bcoz of school tinz and if I can take back hands of time, I WOULD AV JOINED UCHE'S PLAN...

bro education is key...but not in Africa...we have undergraduates doing what most graduates can not do....u see this ur story ..that's exactly the way I'll train my kids...they'll go to the university ...but that will be after they've become bosses of their own...school no they run but time do.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Samakus(m): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2020
whemmytopsy:
Wawu, is it not funny that state University paying lesser than federal Universities.

I swear
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by themaestro08(m): 7:02am On Dec 11, 2020
OMONGBALI:
As much as we don't want to admit it, the cost of education is actually low in Nigeria, I guess that is why the quality is terrible.

Low? How?
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2020
tamdun:
Lagos state University is the cheapest in Nigeria, 25k for sch fee?
In Nigeria? Northern universities are cheaper.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2020
OMONGBALI:
As much as we don't want to admit it, the cost of education is actually low in Nigeria, I guess that is why the quality is terrible.
Yh....in Yankee they student loan, which amounts to thousands of dollars
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by WalkerMichael(m): 7:14am On Dec 11, 2020
Dear Prof. Fagbohun thanks for allowing me pay N25k for 5years.

Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by femi4: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2020
67k is reasonable
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Nukle(m): 7:16am On Dec 11, 2020
Even with the 120% increase, it's still 25% cheaper than my school EBSU
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Nomorelove: 7:17am On Dec 11, 2020
OMONGBALI:
Shut up if you have nothing meaningful to say. How is education cost low? Can the minimum wage earners afford it? If they can't then education is very expensive. Read what you typed and digest it. Education can only be cheap when it is affordable. Minimum wage is 30k and it hasn't been implemented so how can you say it is affordable?? Don't say this outside
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by paulolee(m): 7:35am On Dec 11, 2020
ezechi24:

bro education is key...but not in Africa...we have undergraduates doing what most graduates can not do....u see this ur story ..that's exactly the way I'll train my kids...they'll go to the university ...but that will be after they've become bosses of their own...school no they run but time do.
sure na.....wish I knew all dis earlier...seriously d next generations wont take education as serious like us dt it was imposed on us by force..
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by BlueRayDick: 7:35am On Dec 11, 2020
If the current SUG leadership is strong, they will fight this increment and win. The school and Lagos state government is fond of this crazy divide and rule strategy of increasing school fees of freshers and maintaining status quo for staylites.

They did same back then when we were leaving school then under Fashola, we fought them tooth and nail and they ended up reverting to the status quo after we left.

What most people claiming the 25k is cheap don't know is even the 25k, a whole lot of our friends back then usually pay it twice in a year ( 15k first semester and 10k the second semester). This is because a lot of students are self sponsored.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Lisaint(m): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2020
Still cheap to me

And again
It’s only for new students
Old student will continue to pay 25k

Adekunle Ajasin university of ondo state

Jack up her fees in 2018

From 35 to 100k for staylite

And 150k for new students
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by theFilmtric: 7:38am On Dec 11, 2020
shocked
TroubleMaker47:
Wow, LASU paid 25k previously? undecided
This is like the cheapest i hv ever heard for a state university in southern Nigeria!
Even for the 67k it's still the cheapest i know of currently!
IMSU jacked theirs to about 120k as far back as 2012 by Rochas.

Even federal Universities in the East are not left out
shocked
TroubleMaker47:
Wow, LASU paid 25k previously? undecided
This is like the cheapest i hv ever heard for a state university in southern Nigeria!
Even for the 67k it's still the cheapest i know of currently!
IMSU jacked theirs to about 120k as far back as 2012 by Rochas.

Even federal Universities in the East are not left out
The best universities pay the least school fees
E.g OAU,Unilag,FUTA,FUTMinna,,UnIbadan.FUTO
While the worst pay the highest
Such an irony

theFilmtricsay
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by tollyboy5(m): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2020
They should increase bursary for indegene then undecided
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by AbdlRashid(m): 7:44am On Dec 11, 2020
paulolee:
chaai....its better d new students use dt 60k go learn trade bcoz after the 4 yrs, na still same old story..
remember wen I was seeking for admission during 2015, me n my friend uche did jamb d same day n both passed d cut off n was given admission BT uche cudnt further bcox of funds..
he wwnt to learn tailoring n his uncle gave him one of his big shops to work in....
last year, an old friend dt finished since 2017 n still job hunting with b.s.c told me dt he av started learning work as one of uche boys n dts wen I started thinking if u made d right choice..
uche is not made yet BT he rented a self contain in lag this feb, finshed par time studies in yaba-tech since last year, also heard dt he is now building a ous in his village n even planning abt getting married next year while am still in stagnancy after years in skul with no hope 4 job even wen am done unlike my friend uche..
av started learning work dis year BT gat limited time bcoz of school tinz and assuming I can take back hands of time, I WOULD AV JOINED UCHE'S PLAN bcoz education in naija seems like a useless key without a door...

You could have joined Uche back then because with the school, you still could not type a better sentence devoid of abbreviations.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by tollyboy5(m): 7:45am On Dec 11, 2020
Lisaint:
Still cheap to me

And again
It’s only for new students
Old student will continue to pay 25k

Adekunle Ajasin university of ondo state

Jack up her fees in 2018

From 35 to 100k for staylite

And 150k for new students

Futa is not more than 30k
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by edibobo: 7:56am On Dec 11, 2020
This is the cheapest University in Nigeria. We should commend the School Governing Council and Lagos State Government.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by ajebuter(f): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2020
Can you imagine?

My LASU school fees from 1996-2000 was N240 for Arts Department and N260 for Science and Engineering..

But sha, I would collect N10k from Baba Titi and of course I would pay the school fees of my boyfriend and 3 of his flatmates!

Then blow the rest on clothes, weave-on and jewelry..

Chai.. I hope my children are not reading this grin grin grin grin grin grin

May God continue to provide for us all..

God no go shame us
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by WrittyWritter(f): 8:02am On Dec 11, 2020
Still one of d cheapest Universities compared to other states uni and federal universities..d only thinw I wonder is y after many years of establishment no hostels..though dey are building
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by preshyusufu: 8:03am On Dec 11, 2020
na when Nigerians go breath fresh air? these leaders wan suffocate us die.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Pk01(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2020
Men! This is much... that's why southerners & easterners are now rushing to north ..cuz is like na free we the school here ,the last my guy told me non indigene for kano state pays 47k is still cheap
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Compliant(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2020
Education is not cheap anywhere.

Even my boy that is 2years plus in pre-kg is paying 150,000 per term here in Abuja

The most annoying thing concerning this my boy case is that I was told he is too young for that class and therefore will have to repeat the class. When they collected money from me for school fee they did not remembered he was too young and now they want to collect fee again for same class. I just told them to promote him like that jejely
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by porthouse7(f): 8:22am On Dec 11, 2020
ajebuter:
Can you imagine?

My LASU school fees from 1996-2000 was N240 for Arts Department and N260 for Science and Engineering..

But sha, I would collect N10k from Baba Titi and of course I would pay the school fees of my boyfriend and 3 of his flatmates!

Then blow the rest on clothes, weave-on and jewelry..

Chai.. I hope my children are not reading this grin grin grin grin grin grin

May God continue to provide for us all..

God no go shame us
mine was 400 to 500 I collect 15k steady per semester, me and my guy will enter Benin republic to flex on weekends....lasu too sweet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by 444crop: 8:23am On Dec 11, 2020
If your parents too hold, ee get people wey no hold but wan at least manage get some education.... For lasu, education is meant to be free of charge
Cantonese:

And even at that price you do not think that LASU is one of the few that charge the lowest fees among the nation's universities?

Where is the suffering there? Some charge over one million yearly and yet parents rush to send their children there.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by jydo34547: 8:28am On Dec 11, 2020
This is the cheapest University in Nigeria. We should commend the School Governing Council and Lagos State Government.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by msbbash(m): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2020
[quote author=whemmytopsy post=96945816]Wawu, is it not funny that state University paying lesser than federal Universities.

One bad thing about School increment in Nigeria is that the percentage increment is always absurd...120%...Oau, ife that year, acceptance fee 900% increment....just ridiculous.

I trust LASU SUG.... That's if they've not been compromised.

That LASU SUG, was long gone. Na ball boy dey there now, his following strict instructions.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Ademola47(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2020
This would go a long way in increasing the output quality of the school.

But I expect the school to also talk about building hostels.
Re: Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students by Bawofss(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2020
that is the price u pay for burning buses and looting lasg state govt property......Sanwo Olu is looking for all means to generate income for the state...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sources Of Funding EDUCATION In Nigeria / Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic / UNICAL Has Lost 11 Professors Not 21 Within 7 Months - ASUU Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.