Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis (31602 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Fash20: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:
Demons are pressing you, when I was small, it happened to me several times but due to the fact that I am a prophetess by birth, I could see what was pressing me, I couldn't talk or more, I was shouting Jesus Christ in my mind, the girl sleeping beside me couldn't see me being pressed but I saw what was pressing me. Now that I am hot for Christ, I can't remember the last time demons pressed me in my sleep. Give your life to a Christ, engage in warfare prayers, stay away from fornication and nothing will press you again.

Cc:Dreadlock69. Take my advice serious. Seek for spiritual help.
Demons bawo. Why is must everything be attributed to the unseen. Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
Fash20:

Demons bawo. Why is must everything be attributed to the unseen. Na wa oo
Because the spiritual controls the physical. Just like a witch animal will attack me in the night and wound up dead in the morning. I'm a spiritual being just like my father in heaven.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by PreyingMantis(m): 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
"Omo nah just the beginning I dey see ooo"
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Probably transit from that state to lucid dreaming
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now
What your opinion on this
You have a partner who is a HE...Are you fvcking fagg0t?
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by blacknoir: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Despite every thing that science say I still believe its something spiritual. Cox sometimes I hear loud sounds a times when I awake I see a transparent face looking back at me ,its very terrifying because u can sense a malevolent presence

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Fash20: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:
Because the spiritual controls the physical. Just like a witch animal will attack me in the night and wound up dead in the morning. I'm a spiritual being just like my father in heaven.

Spiritual control the physical? Well, I don't know but what i know is that sleep paralysis is not spirtual.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Fash20:

Spiritual control the physical? Well, I don't know but what i know is that sleep paralysis is not spirtual.
It is spiritual, very spiritual. I tell you this. Take it from me to you.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by kmst1: 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Well ever since creation science still dey learn work so dont just conclude it cant be spiritual because science says so

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Fash20: 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:
It is spiritual, very spiritual. I tell you this. Take it from me to you.

Okay. Thanks
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Cc: ifenes
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Yankee101: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:

It's doesn't work

I pity you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Yankee101:

I pity you
Its only God that will deliver him from witchcraft and demonic manipulation. One day if care is not taken he might enter such pressing and lose an important meeting or occasion. His eye go clear soon and he will realize he needs Jesus.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by phr0nesis(m): 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Arizonaz:
I expressed all this but I'm free. Sometimes sleeping position can be the cause, opening your windows at night with direct breeze to your body, Can be another factor. Don't watch horror movie before going to bed too.

The one that really happened to me that I was even contemplating between demonic attack and sleep paralysis. I saw a human using his two kneels to hold down my spine. It wasn't funny but the only thing I usually say is "I can't go this way" because at that point is like struggling between life and death.

But when u don't imagine it happening to you at night the lesser the chances of u been attack.
My regular sleeping position is face-up, so whenever it happens, I will face down but sleep wouldn't come. I had to find a way out and it worked.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Tenshades(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
I created this topic in this section to get a wider audience please contribute if you have /had the experience

I just learned how to lived with it cause I can't do anything bout it and feel for people who experience this but don't know how to manage it
Maybe someday I'll have to tell my spouse or someone to close to me to not get frightened if they see me like that maybe a girlfriend, a wife ,my child I can't say for now

It aint normal...

Try and read this book.

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by divineappo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:
Don't let what you read online deceive you that it is sleeping paralysis.

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now
lol

must everything be demons

park one side hare

u don't need to lie that u had same problem, just to validate your opinion
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Southbeach: 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
This is no sleep parawhatever pple call it..

Can remember vividly my first experience when me and my family(mom and siblings) moved into a new apartment years back in an old face me i kee you building. Every other tenants had just a single room but we converted 2rooms into a room and parlor self and fitted bathroom and toilet in it and neighbours started murmuring ear and dear lol.

I sleep in the sitting room on my mini mattress that is not far from the entrance door..
Was lying faced down with my head sideways(facing the door) as usual on that unfortunate day it happened, I saw someone walked in (male shadow like being) turn to the back of my head, knelt down behind me and started strangling me.
I screamed, yelled, Did all I could but no-one heard me even with the room door opened and my Mon and siblings were in that room sleeping. All I could remember murmuring was Blood of Jesus repeteadly with my inaudible voice while I was already loosing my breath to speak, it was then the bastard left and walked out out. I went straight for the door immediately I regained consciousness to be sure i dint leave it open, lo and behold, both net and doors were locked.
I had a similar experience 2weeks later and immediately got up to tell my mom as soon as i was able to get up, and mumsi told me my kid bro had the same encounter lastweek, it was then we knew we moved into the wrong compound.
How can we rule a shadow like male demon strangling us in our sleep and call it sleep paralysis??
My kid bro and I had 5 encounters in total before the expiration of our rent, and ever since me moved out of that Godforsaken house,,, we've never experienced such again.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by milann: 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
missimelda01:
Sleep paralysis is very scary.
The last time it happened to me was during my final year in school, I was stressed that period. It made me so scared that I couldn’t continue sleeping in the room, knocked on my neighbor’s door around 2am and told them someone wanted to kill me grin

I did my research the next morning, read about ways to prevent it from happening, I’ve been good since then.
mine happen to me in year one. I was alone in the room. Suddenly i slept and couldn't wake up even tho i was wide awake. I was so scared. I thought i was going to heaven God forbid. Thank God i woke up before my roommates returned. It was a terrible experience
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by sammysmiles(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dreadlock69:
Early my teenage years, I do have a female neighbor very close we play and do all things together both bad and good you know what I mean,most times she will sleep and her eyes will be open lying at her back ,I do mock her about this and laugh about it .she always say she can't control it that I won't understand that she see everything happening around her but can't move ,I'll be like how is it possible I don't believe you but she will say dreadlock69 you won't understand.though she really stressed herself sleeping late but she is very bright with her books my parents used her to mock me.
However mine started when I was ss2 I could remember vividly well it happened one night I was sleeping all of a sudden something griped me I can't move I can't breath it was like something or someone inside the room was taking my life force out of me ,I'm very much aware of my environment but when it's stopped I be gasping for air and my heart will be racing ,this repeatedly happens every night at times worst and horrifying ,one night it happened again I was terrified and told my parents they told me nothing gonna happen that I should pray over it.
"Omo nah just the beginning I dey see ooo"
Later when I finish my secondary school I still experiencing it but ,this time round I can breath well but still see images .then I got my new phone I surfed the internet then I came across an article talking about this which seems to relate to what I experience then I made more and more research and findings which were scarying and calming.i remember one time I'd told my brother not to touch my phone strictly warning him then I slept off and the sleep paralysis started I woke up but can't do anything can't move ,can't talk just lifeless but I can see and I'm aware of what is going on in my environment and behold my brother was using my phone I was in anger but I can't do anything I just lay there lifeless with anger in me till it fades off thank his stars he went out before I regain consciousness
Another experience was when I watching a horror movie it happened the again when I was having a nap I was so scared I just have to close my eyes not to see images.
Later on I had full control over it and sometimes I transit from that state to lucid dreaming. Then I had a good work with all good amenities not stressful you can take a nap anytime you like , funny enough my partner experience it also I noticed the day he was sleeping but his eyes where open trying hard to move his body ,I just left him till it's fade off
So one day I was having a nap in the bedroom my boss was calling me I could hear him but I can't move anything just laying lifeless I was praying he should not catch me in this state .
Sometimes I'll have to call my partner but he is still in that state but I have to wake up,which he do wake up looking frightened.

I used to have similar experience while growing up.... And anytime I try forcing myself to stand up, it looks as if my spirit wants to come out of my body..... The issue is that your spirit man is inactive and not necessarily demons causing it..... Trying investing in your spirit man like reading your Bible and praying.... You can start gradually.... It's jxt benovelence of God that he gives strength to your spirit man to wake.... You could jxt die from there...
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Enyimbamercedes: 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nothing demonic about it!

I realized it happens to me when I sleep on my back. Once I am able to snap out of it, I just turn on my side and problem solved.

There is no demon sitting on your chest and pressing you...
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by DimIsaac10(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
There is nothing demonic about it..
If the funny people above don't see anything demonic with sex before marriage and adultery then definitely its very normal...
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by slowbreeze(f): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Sleep paralysis is the name scientists coined it to make it look like they can explain the phenomenon. ;but believe me theres everything spiritual about it.
I experience it whenever I dont pray well at night ;or I'm down spiritually.
I actually feel the presence of a strange being in the same room as I am;coming to hold me down.S
I remember one particular night the thing tried me;and I was very alert in the spirit;I could actually hear myself praying in my spirit and pursuing the strange thing(didnt see the face tho);and it was running;I was chasing it and praying;till I woke up.
So my advice for u is that if ur a Christian;dont allow ur prayer altar to grow cold cos that permits a lot of rubbish to happen to u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by sammysmiles(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Tenshades:

It aint normal...

Try and read this book.
What kind of book is this?
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by jozeflyfX: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nuttella:
Demons are pressing you, when I was small, it happened to me several times but due to the fact that I am a prophetess by birth, I could see what was pressing me, I couldn't talk or more, I was shouting Jesus Christ in my mind, the girl sleeping beside me couldn't see me being pressed but I saw what was pressing me. Now that I am hot for Christ, I can't remember the last time demons pressed me in my sleep. Give your life to a Christ, engage in warfare prayers, stay away from fornication and nothing will press you again.

Cc:Dreadlock69. Take my advice serious. Seek for spiritual help.

Very true
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Tenshades(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
sammysmiles:
What kind of book is this?

Investigative book about the said topic for curious minds.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by sammysmiles(m): 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Tenshades:

Investigative book about the said topic for curious minds.
It looks like a demonic book undecided
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Vanzcharles(m): 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
don't lie facing backwards when you want to sleep. like, you must face upwards(your ceiling) and not against your bed(backwards).

Stop the misinformation. It is the other way round. I lie on my stomach but when I change to lie at my back, I experienced it.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Tenshades(m): 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
sammysmiles:
It looks like a demonic book undecided

Don't be scared.

The thread topic itself is demonic.

That shouldn't scare us from facing the truth.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by hstar: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2020
Sorry o
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by fenomeno2007: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
Sleep paralysis has a perfectly scientific explanation. There are different stages of sleep such as deep sleep and a stage called rapid eye movement (REM). REM usually occurs either early during sleep or close to the waking moment and this is the stage at which we dream. While dreaming during REM there is the possibility of moving our body and we can injure ourselves in the process. Therefore, the muscles are temporarily disabled to prevent movement. So, it's actually a safety mechanism designed to protect us during sleep. However, the muscles are supposed to become active as we prepare to wake up but sometimes, we wake up faster than muscular reactivation, which explains why we can't move even though we're awake. When the nerve receptors that control the muscles become active, we also regain movement. Those who don't experience sleep paralysis may not understand this because their waking up and muscle reactivation are well synchronized. First few experiences can be frightening, sometimes traumatizing. But knowing that it's a temporary thing can help to remain calm until we become active.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Vanzcharles(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Yankee101:
Ask Christians, if you manage to say Jesus it stops.

For una wey think say power no dey that name or no God

E dey rekpete!

It happened to me. My eyes were closed as usual not my normal sleeping position as I went to the parlour to lay on the chair. I slept facing upwards.
I was struggling couldn't move my legs. My eyes closed. I could breathe but wanted to wake up No way. I tried saying Jesus o couldn't move my mouth just little movt. But I kept sauingjesys in my mind.

I felt sleepy..my body still trying to fall back to sleep in that state but I struggled to remain awake my inner consciousness was awake buty physical body was like dead.
After vigorous struggling and trying to say Jesus. I jerked up straight the only word that came out from my mouth was kaaaa...(low tone).
It was scary tho...
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by milann: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
MissEfe:
I've outgrown mine. Mine was much worst dan yours, but thanks 2 God. i am no longer in that stage
pls share.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by ibinaboonline: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
You nailed it. I kick my legs or try to shake it vigorously. That's how I snap out of it. I don't know if it's spiritual or not but the thing is one of the most horrible things in the world. It's like being buried alive. Or injected with paralysis and thrown in a lake. You know you're drowning but you can't help yourself. Mine hasn't happened in a long time though and that's how it will be forever because my God has said enough is enough.
Silentgroper:
Well as 4 mine, i knw i'm awake but cant move, my eyes are never opened tho..

I've grown conscious to mine that i usually knw when i'm slipping into it (it feels like when someone drowning or falling into deep pit) nd can come out of it.(i just force myself out, like forcefully turning ur neck sideways or moving ur body part)

I dnt knw abt d spiritual part but mine relates to logical part.

Although d 1st time it happened to me, i did see an image of someone(human like) over me. After then, i've never seen any damn thing.

It doesnt happen as frequent as op's own though. It's like 3 times in a year or so or nt.
Re: My Experience With Sleep Paralysis by Guestlander: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pierocash:
Don't let what you read online deceive you that it is sleeping paralysis.

What is happening to you is demonic. You are under witchcraft attack. Nobody who have such experience that won't suffer one misfortune or the other. Some ignorant dudes will soon land and start claiming intellectuals,and forming technocrats by calling black people ignorant.

But bro, take my word for it,you are under demonic siege,go for deliverance because I was in that situation of yours ,I did deliverance and am totally free from that rubbish. I sleep perfectly well like a baby for many years now

Sleep paralysis is not demonic. If fact, like you said earlier, people who think like you are indeed ignorant. And Sleep paralysis is not unique to black people, it affects people from all races and many times it goes away by itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Things To Avoid Before Sleeping / GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help / 4 Reasons Why You Must Suck Or Drink Your Wife Breast Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.