Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Kingdom Conduct: Walk In The Word Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kingdom Conduct: Walk In The Word Of God (114 Views)

Police Seize Pastor Fatoyinbo’s Passport, Conduct Search On His House, Office / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kingdom Conduct: Walk In The Word Of God by PolymathDave(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
KINGDOM CONDUCT!
EXPOSITORY STUDY ON THE WORD OF GOD!
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
TOPIC: WALK IN THE LIGHT OF GOD.
TAKEAWAY:
MEMORY VERSE(S):
▫️John 8:12: Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
MAIN TEXT: John 42-50
◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️
42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
Grace to you and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
POINT(S):
(1) THE BELIEVER BELIEVES NOT IN CHRIST BUT IN GOD THE FATHER WHO SENT HIM.
(2) THE BELIEVER IN CHRIST WALKS IN LIGHT.
(3) JUDGEMENT BY HIS WORD AGAINST THOSE WHO REJECT HIM AND DOES NOT RECEIVE HIS WORDS.

(1)THE BELIEVER IN CHRIST BELIEVES IN GOD THE FATHER.
▪️Verse(s): John 12:42-45
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Let us briefly go through the first three verses of the text.
Now, we see how her some rulers did not believe in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue For they loved the praise of men anymore than the praise of God.
Our Lord Jesus also mentions that those who believe in Him, believes not in Him but in the Father who sent Christ.

We are going to look at three things here:
➖ THE TRUE BELIEVER SEEKS HONOUR FROM GOD.
➖THE TRUE BELIEVER BELIEVES NOT ONLY IN CHRIST BUT IN GOD THE FATHER.
➖ THE TRUE BELIEVER WHO SEES CHRIST SEES GOD THE FATHER WHO SENT HIM.
❕➖❕
▪️➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖▪️
➖THE TRUE BELIEVER SEEKS HONOUR FROM GOD.
Verse(s): John 12:42-43, John 5:41,44, Genesis 5:24,
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
When we read verse 42-43, we realize that we ought not to seek the praise of men but rather the praise that comes from God. Taking example from our Lord Jesus Christ, who boldly stated that He does not seek the honor of men but. Rather. And seeks the honor the comes from God(Jn 5:41,44).
The honour that comes from men is not worthy to be compared with the honour that comes from God, in my own opinion conceiving such a thought is repulsive.
But rather the children of Light seeks honour from the Father, let us go back in time, shall we?
-Enoch walked with God, God so honoured Him that He did it taste death but was taken away(Genesis 5:24), Abraham, Sarah, Israel, Deborah, Joshua, Josiah, Solomon, Ezekiel and so on.
-David, a man after God own heart, God so honoured him that He established a covenant with Him, blessed Him and His family with an everlasting blessing.
(And this I just on earth, there’s still way more in store for the children of light after their redemption is perfected, that is everlasting life, and way much more to be explained but please just be content with this that they might be the CHILDREN OF GOD, THE MOST HIGH).
-Our Lord Jesus Christ has been given a named greater than any other name, has been elevated to sit at the right hand of God’s throne, the fullness of the Godhead bodily dwells in Christ Jesus, you can only.
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
➖THE TRUE BELIEVER BELIEVES NOT ONLY IN CHRIST BUT IN GOD THE FATHER WHO SENT HIM.
Verse(s): John 12:44, Galatians 2:20, John 3:16
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
We move on to verse 44, our Lord Jesus mentions that he who believes in Him, believes not in Him but in God the Father who sent Him.
John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

Please do not be confused, what the word is trying to say is that as you believe in Christ Jesus our Lord, you believe not in Him but in the Father who sent Him.
Again please to avoid confusion, you are to keep your faith in Christ(John 3:16, Gal 2:20).
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
➖THE TRUE BELIEVER WHO SEES CHRIST SEES GOD THE FATHER WHO SENT HIM.
Verse(s): John 12:45, John 14:9-10, Galatians 2:20, Colossians 3:11, Matthew 25:35-40, 1 John 4:8, 9-12, 13, 16
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
He who has seen our Lord Jesus Christ has seen the Father, the Father dwells in Him and Him in the Father(John 14:9-10).
Christ lives in true believers, Christ is all in all and we live by faith in Him(Gal 2:20, 3:11).

That is why when Christ Jesus comes to judge all nations after the great tribulation(Matt 25:35-40), He mentions to them how He was hungry, thirsty, naked, and how He was fed, received drink and clothed e.t.c.

God is love(1 John 4:cool, if God so loved us that He gave us His only begotten Sin into the world, that we might live through Him, we ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another. God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us(1 John 4:9-12).
It is by this we know that we abide in Him, and age is in us, because He has given us of His Spirit, if. YOU love, YOU abide in God and God abides in YOU(1 John 4:13, 16).
▪️➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖▪️
(2)THE BELIEVER IN CHRIST WALKS IN LIGHT.
▪️Verse(s): John 12:46-47, Ephesians 5:6-14
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
We move on to verse 46, 47.
Do you follow Christ? Those who follow Christ shall not walk in darkness. Have no fellowship by the grace of God with the unfruitful works of darkness, the fruits of the Spirit in Christ Jesus is in all GOODNESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TRUTH(Ephesians 5:6-9).
We will look at three things now:
➖ THE BELIEVER IN CHRIST SHOULD NOT ABIDE IN DARKNESS.
➖ THE HEARER YET UNBELIEVER WILL BE JUDGED.
➖ CHRIST JESUS CAME TO SAVE THE WORLD NOT JUDGE.

➖THE BELIEVER IN CHRIST SHOULD NOT ABIDE IN DARKNESS.
Verse(s): John 12:46, 2 Corinthians 6:11-18, John 1:16, Ephesians 5:6, Matthew 5:16
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Do not abide in darkness. Have no fellowship with the UNFRUITFUL works of darkness(Eph 5:7-cool.
For what communion has light with darkness?What part has a believer with an unbeliever? and what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are a temple of the living God(2 Corinthians 6:14-16).

Rather by the Holy Spirit, the FULLNESS of CHRIST is a provision graciously granted to you in Christ(John 1:16). You are a light in the Lord, walk as a child of light(Eph 5:6).
Our Lord Jesus says that let our light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven( Matt 5:16).
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
➖THE HEARER YET UNBELIEVER WILL BE JUDGED.
Verse(s): John 12:47, 3:36
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
To hear His words and yet not believe, the wrath of God will be abide on such a person(Jn 3:36). The Lord Jesus will not judge that person but by the word He has spoken will judge him.
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
➖CHRIST JESUS CAME TO SAVE THE WORLD NOT JUDGE.
Verse(s): John 12:47, John 3:17-18
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
God did not send His sin to the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe in is condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
(3)JUDGEMENT BY HIS WORD AGAINST THOSE WHO REJECT HIM AND DOES NOT RECEIVE HIS WORDS.
▪️Verse(s): John 12:48-50
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
➖ THE WORD SPOKEN BY GOD WILL JUDGE THE UNBELIEVER.
➖ THE COMMAND COMES FROM THE FATHER THROUGH CHRIST.
➖THE FATHER’S COMMAND THROUGH CHRIST IS EVERLASTING LIFE.
Moving on to the first sub-heading now.
➖THE WORD SPOKEN BY GOD WILL JUDGE THE UNBELIEVER.
Verse(s): John 12:48, Deuteronomy 18:18-19
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
The person who rejects Christ, and does not receive His words, will be judged by that word, it will be required of that person( Deut 18:18).
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
➖ THE COMMAND COMES FROM THE FATHER THROUGH CHRIST.
Verse(s): John 12:49, Deuteronomy 18:18
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
We move on to the final sub-heading.
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
➖ THE FATHER’S COMMAND THROUGH CHRIST IS EVERLASTING LIFE.
Verse(s): John 12:50, 8:28
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
❕❕❕❕❕❕❕
◻️FINAL COMMENTS◻️
▪️Please my brethren, preach the gospel, the commission is to every believer. The LORD has no pleasure in the death of the wicked.
Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
▪️It is because He is good that is why He can’t let evil go unpunished. That is why I want to extend the commission of my Lord Jesus Christ to you.
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
▪️Be Spirit-filled.

◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️

▫️Prayer points:
(I) Ask for grace, enablement to be steadfast in the faith, immovable and abound in the work of the Lord, and win souls.
(II) Ask for Him to stimulate increase in your spiritual life and to obey His commandments.
(III) Ask that may He keep you from stumbling, present you faultless before His Majesty and that you may be found in peace with your Lord Jesus when He comes.
(IV) Make supplications for others.
God bless you all and I may that may His perfect working in our lives be fully manifested and preserved for His Heavenly Kingdom in the name of Jesus, Amen.
❕➖❕
Now to Him, the glory, praise, worship, dominion, awe, adoration, to Him who will keep us from stumbling and present us faultless before His Majesty, to Him be the power and the kingdom both now, forever, from everlasting to everlasting, and everlasting, and everlasting, and everlasting, and everlasting, and everlasting.
◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️
GOD BE WITH US ALL!
Re: Kingdom Conduct: Walk In The Word Of God by PolymathDave(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS OF OUR LORD!
I) Love your the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength and with all your mind.
II) Love your neighbour(A command directly from our Lord Jesus Christ to you).

Let your light so shine before men, that when they see your good works, they will glorify your Father in Heaven.

(1) (Reply)

John Chapter 4:23 / Immunity Against Curses/wickedness / John The Baptist Prepared The Way For The Lord Jesus Christ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.