Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! (11264 Views)

Breaking News: Japan Hit By A New Earthquake Of 7.4, Tsunami Warning Issued / Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami / Breaking News: Massive Quake Unleashes Tsunami On Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Pukkah: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Nigerian jingoism is a funny, strange, and sad thing.

Rather than learning from others, we become defensive  undecided

Anyway, kudos to Japan.

And in becoming defensive, they put forward silly and baseless arguments.  Some of them even throw caution, and also reason, to the wind by becoming violently abusive and harshly intolerant.  What a pity!

No one is saying that Nigeria must fix roads with gullies and craters in 6 days, but it is absolutely saddening and unacceptable for such death traps to be abandoned for years (and in come cases, decades) even when the country has the resources to do so. It is the abandonment culture, and the fact that some people are already attuned to the decay, that is up for discussion here.

Well done Japan.  Emulate the best Nigeria.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by sley4life(m): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
wow. this is incredible. Was it a magician that constructed the road. I suspect something fishy here
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Guyman02: 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
The question some will ask is what is wrong with the blackman. After the devastating earthquake in Japan, the world is amazed that there has been no report of looting or protests by the people. You watch the search and rescue team pull out a body, stand in a minute silence, the soldiers give their salute to the dead and the body is taken away in a stretcher; even in death, they get respect. Unlike in Haiti, where we watched looters on rampage while bodies are thrown indiscriminately around and then cholera epidemic broke out without control.
If it has been in Nigeria, you would have seen Governors posing for pictures with a few bags of rice and matresses, After the photoshoot, the victims become history. May God help us
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by hustla(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
wey dem stil neva complete d one beside governors house in abk for over 6months nw, pls note, beside governor's office;abeokuta, just a bridge that collapsed oh,ogroma dey tok story story since, i smh for naija,dem go go buy jet nw, fools,
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
Not a year
Not even a decade

The road will be abandoned forever, infact they will call it danger zone. no one should go near.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by tuyota(m): 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
Hi All, if anyone has the email address of Julius Berger, ministry of works, ministry of finance, Setraco, RCC, LEKKI CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, etc, just forward this to them.

It is only in this country that 1km of road takes 1 year to construct. A highway takes 10 years to complete because of countless contract variations.

Please i am serious, let's forward this to those people above and even senators, GEJ, governors, LGA chairmen. In fact, any politician you know so that they can change their attitude towards infrastructure in this country.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by llade(m): 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2011
Just sounds like a miracle if its true.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by castrokins(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
Japan is a country that cares about the tax payers if they ever impose tax, lol.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Donmeca(m): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2011
Did anyone notice the thickness of asphalt use to construct the damaged road? This is enough for 4 roads (by even Berger) in Nigeria and that contributes to shortened lifespan of Nigerian roads.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by tuyota(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
I wonder what drives our politicians to steal more than they need. Maybe it is sheer wickedness.

The Japanese are obviously governed by those that love them. The opposite is the case in our naija. Every politician with few exceptions wants to fleece the national coffers without pausing to think about the effect on the common good.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by tuyota(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
Donmeca:

Did anyone notice the thickness of asphalt use to construct the damaged road? This is enough for 4 roads (by even Berger) in Nigeria and that contributes to shortened lifespan of Nigerian roads.

I noticed it and it is way too impressive. Just see the amount of materials used for constructing a road.

Like I said earlier, please forward this link to every politician, construction firm that you have their email address.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Jen33(m): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
^^^It is made thick like that precisely because of the earthquake prone nature of the region, to enable roads withstand the weekly earth tremors around the country. Most countries do not build the asphalt so deep!!!!! Phew! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by tuyota(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
Jen33:

^^^It is made thick like that precisely because of the earthquake prone nature of the region, to enable roads withstand the weekly earth tremors around the country. Most countries do not build the asphalt so deep!!!!! Phew! undecided undecided undecided

For the same reason, areas prone to flooding like we have in the Southern part of Naija should have roads with such thickness.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Jen33(m): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
^^^Err, no, what such roads need are proper drainage systems, not extra thick asphalt.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
@mcnepow, pls lets leave God out of naija woes. Everyone of us should strive to make it better and not condone indiscipline and corruption with "MAY GOD HELP US" "GOD DEY SHA" "GOD GO JUDGE" e.t.c it doesnt help cos its defeatist and makes us become siddon and look whilst politicans loots the treasury unhindered!
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by malali: 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
i heard the japanese road contracts was awared to fooking tif tony anenih
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by hackney(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
Japan was offered help by 30 countries and they REJECTED over 15 countries.

They will bounce back quicker than haiti and new orleans.
Do u know y?
monkeys.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by CrudeOil2(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
If it were in Nigeria, the site would have been left for historical purposes.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2011
I just love these Japanese guys, their technology speaks loudly for them everywhere in the world, from cars to electronics to construction to everything. God bless them and help them recover speedily from this disaster.

I even heard that there was no looting at all during and after the disaster, everyone was cool and played their respective roles excellently. . . cool peeps smiley
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by sleekman(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2011
There is fire on the mountain people. Fellow BB campaigners, the IGP says we shouldn't go to the polling centres with our camera phones, Rivers CP says people in rivers should go home after voting. PDP & d police want to RIG! They are asking for war. WAR!!!
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Diligence: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2011
It may not be possible in Nigeria, but Nigeria after - u know wat I mean!
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Yorubah(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
If you have not traveled out of Nigeria you might think things are better in there. The roads constructed 1960 are still there, Error country
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by mcnepow(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Timehin. Oya, profer workable solutions. M waiting. Note dat I dint say I enjoy wat the politicians are doin.
@Crude oil. U nor well. Lol,
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Solozzo(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2011
No solutions when there is so much greed and corruption. I once thought since we naija dey like bribe and eguje too much let us formulate a system where apart from base salary you get say ten percent of what ever money you are able to make for every piece of work u do. Say you get ten percent of the school fees of the students u teach and if successful in ther exams u get automatic bonus on your salary. or if you are a politician u get a certain percentage of projects completed successfully as legal. But our greed is terrible, our fraudulent ways may mar this plan

I wonder what else apart from punishment and justice can work for naija
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by iice(f): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2011
Not surprised.
A very disciplined culture.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Basseti: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2011
Guyman02:

The question some will ask is what is wrong with the blackman. After the devastating earthquake in Japan, the world is amazed that there has been no report of looting or protests by the people. You watch the search and rescue team pull out a body, stand in a minute silence, the soldiers give their salute to the dead and the body is taken away in a stretcher; even in death, they get respect. Unlike in Haiti, where we watched looters on rampage while bodies are thrown indiscriminately around and then cholera epidemic broke out without control.
If it has been in Nigeria, you would have seen Governors posing for pictures with a few bags of rice and matresses,  After the photoshoot, the victims become history. May God help us

That same question have passed thru mind on so many occasions I have lost count.  sad

Its so sad and I cant just put a finger on what the problem is. Deny it as much as we can, there is a problem with our race.

Even some responses on here just makes the point.
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Feraz(m): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2011
God! When will Nigeria get to this point of getting things fixed immediately they are damaged?
I mean that's impressive of a country that suffered a huge earthquake. Imagine Nigeria experiencing this kind of earthquake. . . . .
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by violent(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2011
in 9ja,a committee would have been formed and they will still be fighting over who head the committee would be

This is so funny, yet so true!
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by mlleM: 11:26pm On Mar 26, 2011
Wow!! 6days?? Tht is awesome , In nigeria we prolly wlda shut d road down till further notice, N if we get financial aid frm d US , trust those in power to loot it wivout even batting an eyelid,
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by makanjo: 12:36am On Mar 27, 2011
wow!!so fast
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Kobojunkie: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2011
sammhi

« #25 on: March 25, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Because I live in Europe does not mean I should expect Nigeria to work like Europe, I use to think why can't Nigeria copy how advance country get it right, not until I got into the system myself and then realises the great differences.

Correction  . . . . that is exactly what it means!!! That you have experienced the RIGHT is reason why you should expect Nigeria to also work RIGHT for those who cannot experience it like you have.

If you bought a laptop today in Europe and you send it to Nigeria --- would you expect it to work the same way it worked for you in Europe? I expect your answer to be yes, so, why would you not expect our laws, our government not to work as they do in Europe, in Nigeria? Why?
We import thousands of people to come make things work like they do out in Europe and much of the developed world –we pay these people top dollar to come build us a copy of what is obtainable for those in the developed world, yet here you are telling us we have no right to expect it all to work as it does in the west.

Nigeria's decision/solutions on projects whether ecological, maintenance or development is tied to politic and lack of fund, while in Europe is pure 'solution' without politicking and the fund are there anytime to access without going to the government to beg because every vehicle and motorcycle owner in europe pays an annual road tax that runs into billions of euro's,  How many vehicle owners pay road tax in Nigeria?

The same is obtainable elsewhere . . . . not even just in government cause -- politics is tied to most everything in the west. The whole system almost demands it. Politics is everywhere my friend so that excuse that it only happens in Nigeria is officially overused. I suggest you find some other excuse.

So every contruction company whether in Nigeria, Japan, America, Europe can repair that road overnight, its not the technical knowhow that is missing but 
decision making ability and fund.

Then why did you, in the first state that we should not expect the same results that are obtainable in the west? You clearly state here that the technical knowhow is available yet you somehow cannot come up with   a more rational excuse for why we ought not to expect similar?
Re: Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! by Kobojunkie: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2011
Jen33:

That is not entirely true. Roads out here are laid the same way. Roads that are usually prone to wear and tear are laid thick, whether in earthquake zones, of flood areas, or even areas that experience lots of traffic.

That was one of the first difference I noticed with the way roads are laid out here compared to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism / African Group Drums Support For Phil Murphy's Re-election As New Jersey Governor / Usa Economy Is Falling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.