Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44019 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Just meet TACHA.
Her advise with do a lot good than mine.
I say this because, only someone with body odour can vividly explain how he or she manoeuvres the odour
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by 9jaBloke: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
shocked
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
You have an undiagnosed illness if you like bath 50 times you go still smell the doctors for naija Dem be dead Dem go worsen your condition go find confirm herbalist explain your matter them go give you drug and also talk to you because you also need talk too

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bath regularly,eat enough fruit,drink enough water
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Deelola(f): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
try old spice deodorant

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by COSIBI: 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Shave regularly and Use baking soda to wash your armpit and nether regions after each bath, twice a day ofcourse. Come back & thank me. Baking soda is cheap about 300 bucks

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by futurevizi(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wisedove:
I noticed that most of the people that are using bleaching/skin lighting cream have one body odor or another.
If by chance you are using any of the so called skin lighting cream, i will advise you to give it a break and go natural perhaps by using shea butter(refined one) but if there is no any positive change after three weeks then it might be an internal issue which requires the attention of an expert.

Hot movate,
Caro White
White Secret among others.
You see these creams listed above are fountain of body odor most expecially that white secret; what baffles me most is why those using it are not aware of it, while some do not noticed it because they use aromatic soap, perfumes, roll on, which surpresses the foul smell.

Call on Mr lalasticlala so that you can get more suggestions and perhaps expert advises when it get to front page.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by colizee(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
It depends what part of your body the odour is coming from....if it's from your ampit? Oga shave, wash properly and always apply antiperspirant.

Also generally, take your bath regularly. And for now avoid eating things like garlic, too much onions, curry, any food with strong smell and hope you are not alcoholic.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Akuruoulo(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?

Take, bath regularly, drink water often, and change ur clothes 3 times per day. Avoid hot arena

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Ybaby: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Look for hibicleans.

Go to a spa and go into the steam room or sauna and have body scrub treatment

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Olude193: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
COSIBI:
Shave regularly and Use baking soda to wash your armpit after each bath, twice a day ofcourse. Come back & thank me. Baking soda is cheap about 300 bucks
Are you talking from experience
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
...my armpit always smell like a per boiled onions... you made my night with that line

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reelmii: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2020
go to the hospital, it could be from the kind of food that u are eating, just like those who eat lot of garlic, their sweat smells like it

so just maybe u need to check ur eating habit

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Ade2000wale: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Who the fvck is this? grin grin grin you are mad, I swear

Goldbringer:
Self-Isolate
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try as much as possible not to eat anything oily

Oily foods have a role to play in body odour

Try and take your bath at least 4 times daily and shave regularly

Don't smoke

Drink less

Above all try and get in touch with a good dermatologist that is vast in skin treatment and pigmentation

Tank me later
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by dynosur: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.

Try and use lime or lemon on your armpits after every bath.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by adedehinbo(m): 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
Wisedove:
I noticed that most of the people that are using bleaching/skin lighting cream have one body odor or another.
If by chance you are using any of the so called skin lighting cream, i will advise you to give it a break and go natural perhaps by using shea butter(refined one) but if there is no any positive change after three weeks then it might be an internal issue which requires the attention of an expert.

Hot movate,
Caro White
White Secret among others.
You see these creams listed above are fountain of body odor most expecially that white secret; what baffles me most is why those using it are not aware of it, while some do not noticed it because they use aromatic soap, perfumes, roll on, which surpresses the foul smell.

Call on Mr lalasticlala so that you can get more suggestions and perhaps expert advises when it get to front page.
but I have been using Caro white for years now without body odors no matter the stress

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Karleb(m): 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
I can't just imagine what people with mouth and body odor go through.

embarassed

Imagine not fighting or quarreling with anyone but having these two nonetheless.

Man! embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Antibot5: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all,
My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Tolu121: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Debbieeeeeee: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use lime , lime is cheap , cut it into two , use one part in the morning , the other part when you shower at night . Or use baking soda make a thick paste and rub on your armpit . These two work very very very well. A lady that used to work and live in with me too had the same situation. It’s nothing serious just be neat and consistent. Lime works I’m very sure.

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
If your armpit is that bad, who knows how bad it will be when you raise your balls up. Eeww
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Mykcool(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try sure/rexona spray or right guard spray. Some people react to roll-on .

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Possiblegee:
Bath with hypo , try the hypo for a month and thank me later ... hypo go wipe o

Hypo toilet cleaner....
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Aufbauh(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
colizee:
It depends what part of your body the odour is coming from....if it's from your ampit? Oga shave, wash properly and always apply antiperspirant.

Also generally, take your bath regularly. And for now avoid eating things like garlic, too much onions, curry, any food with strong smell and hope you are not alcoholic.

This is one of the best recommendations I've seen so far. Just watch what you eat especially spicey stuff.
Then in addition get original crusader soap and rob it on your ampit as replacement for deodorant after bath and moping ur body.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by CaptainFM1: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Start drinking water. Drink enough everyday. It will keep you fresh and makes you stay hydrated. Once your system is thoroughly flushed, the external manifestation will gradually disappear

Also bath at least 3times a day with a strong scented soap. Use perfumes on your clothes instead of roll-ons.

Very important, avoid activities and conditions that makes you sweat. I mean stay in a well ventilated or air-cooled space. I mean, just don't sweat. Perspiration, whether smelly or not stinks! Nobody likes to see a wet armpit.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Geophilip: 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
where is that guy flooding everywhere with perfume advert... come and test your products.

visit a dermatologist
bath regularly, even upto 10times
use roll on
use perfume
use good cream
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Teleprompter(f): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
I don't have the time to read through but to respond to the title, here are my suggestions

* Never use a towel twice. Wash it daily of you can't spread it in the scorching sun to try properly

* Take a bath at least twice a day with medicated soap.

* Use a good sponge and make sure that you scrub your armpits and back properly and all corners of your body.

*Shave off all hair in the armpits and pubic region

* Always use an antiperspirant and perfumes

* Never wear a short or singlet twice without washing it with perfumed soaps.

* Always brush your teeth twice daily with Monty toothpaste and avoid eating garlic because the scent seeps into your sweat and saliva.

* Use body cream that has a perfumed smell.

* Store your clothes in a cool and try place and leave your Windows open as much as possible

* Make sure that your clothes set properly before hanging them in an aerated room. Squeeze them well after finding them

* Try to iron your clothes before wearing them

* Make sure that your room has a good small. Allow cross ventilation and use air freshness of possible.

* Always rinse your pubic spaces with water of not soap whenever you use the toilet even if it is urination.

* Do not use your clothes as a handkerchief or napkin while wearing them and if you have to blow your nose, do it with serviette paper and get rid of it. Never be tempted to store your mucus in a handkerchief and return it to your pocket for viewing later or as a result of being miserly.

* Stay in airconditioned environments as much as you can and always wash your hands with soap and water. Don't just lick your hands after eating a mango and assume that you would smell alright.

* I trust that if you follow all of the above, you shall drink no more. All the best.

7 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Sunbellar: 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use Gillette deodorant/perspirant. That's the only original but costly
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Mutemenot(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Op, how often do you stool? If you rarely do, I suggest you find.solution to that. You also need to increase your water I take,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dangerous Coronavirus Mutation In Danish Minks: 15 Million To Be Killed / 550lbs To 210lbs: See The Amazing Weight Loss Of This Woman (Photos) / John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.