Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? (296 Views)

Lost Dream: I Have Escaped To My Mum's Place / Any Hope For Me At 25? Even Pimple I No Get, Talkless Of Beards...(with Photos) / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Humanoid01(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Growing up, I wanted to be a footballer. Funny how I used to think and say that Nigeria wouldn't win the world cup until I joined the national team lol.

I was so convinced I was going to be one, as well as my oldest brother who had promised to help me pursue my dream because he believed in what I could do on the pitch. My play mates used to call me "computer'' haha, some called me right-footed Messi, some called me Iniesta, etc. This made my desire burn with high intensity that I started contemplating on enrolling into an academy.

Fast forward to life after secondary school, I enrolled into the university and planned to pursue a career in football with my education also in view. The twist: My dream came crashing down in my first year. For quite some time prior to that moment, I occasionally had breathing difficulties and light headedness, especially when playing ball. I didn't take this seriously since I knew it was normal to gas out during sports.

However, it became worse in my freshman year and I couldn't spend up to 4 minutes on the pitch without getting tired, I guess the school stress triggered that. So I decided to see a doctor, and was referred to a cardiologist. I did later on, after the first semester of that year, and then my heart was broken. I was diagnosed with a heart disease after a session of an ECG test. I knew I couldn't have a chance to play football anymore unless God did a miracle.

It has been difficult searching for a new dream since then, but I know it's for the best and it made me realize that some times for every dream we lose, there's another one to dream that will come true, and that God's plan for us isn't always what we want. I also look back at the likes of Hungary's Miklos Feher, Nigeria's Samuel Okwaraji, Cameroon's Marc-Vivien Foe, and other footballers who died on the pitch, and I thank God that that wasn't my case.

So nairalanders, what dreams have you lost and do you have any hope of recovering them, or you're in search for another?
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by sylve11: 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Langston Hughes comes to mind with his poem:

''Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly''. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by blackpanthar: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
How is telling you lost dreams supposed to help.

Bro close this thread.... Stop looking for people to join you in your lost cause... Rather help people find their dream.
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Humanoid01(m): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
blackpanthar:

Bro close this thread.... Stop looking for people to join you in your lost cause... Rather help people find their dream.
What do you mean by "looking for people to join you on your lost cause" ?
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by sylve11: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
blackpanthar:

hehehe... cool
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
My dream of being in the military, but i have eye problem...... embarassed
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Humanoid01(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
My dream of being in the military, but i have eye problem...... embarassed
That's not a lost cause. Eye problems are medically fixable. I have to ask, what inspired that dream?
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

That's not a lost cause. Eye problems are medically fixable. I have to ask, what inspired that dream?
i liked guns and weapons as a kid. i loved watching war films then, so i guess that's what inspired it. But i'm not interested anymore sha.
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Humanoid01(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
i liked guns and weapons as a kid. i loved watching war films then, so i guess that's what inspired it. But i'm not interested anymore sha.
Lol it seems you quit so easily. Why? You found another dream almost immediately?
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Humanoid01:

Lol it seems you quit so easily. Why? You found another dream almost immediately?

Yeah
Re: Do you have any hope of recovering a lost dream? by oba68351: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
Langston Hughes comes to mind with his poem:''Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly''.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC And Its Escapades / Sava A Soul And God Will Reward You / Best Online Dating Sites For Over 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.