Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales (32788 Views)

How Much Of GSM Subscriber Base Was Affected By Suspension Of SIM Card Sales? / FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by AlphaSentinel: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) have ordered immediate suspension of sale and Activation of new sim cards on all telecommunication companies in Nigeria. This means new SIM CARDS can't be purchased until further notice.

See the memo below;

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by iamclime(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Roger that

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by new2012: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Irresponsible govt. Audit should not prevent activities, audit is reviewing backward not stopping activities.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by BeejayManny(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
angryft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by HerMajestyCares(f): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
THIS PRESENT ADDMMINISTRATION AND EVIL LEADERS ARE BENT ON USING EVERY MEANS TO FRUSTRATE NIGERIANS, sad angry angry angry

THIS SELLING OF SIM AND REGISTRATION ON THE STREET IS HELPING A LOT OF PEOPLE FEED AND TAKE OF THEIR FAMILIES,

SO NCC WANT TO RENDER ALOT OF PEOPLE JOBLESS AGAIN angry angry sad

THEN CRIME WILL INCREASE,

INSECURITY EVERYWHERE

Eg
My Dad sent me to Abuja yesterday morning to attended a meeting ,my dad also made sure i left abuja yesterday evening he did not let me go to any of our houses there.

I some how felt bad when I got to abuja,knowing that some of our evil leaders who dont care about nigerians are there. angry sad

Jesus I thank you for life.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by jericco1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
But there was no memo stating FG's directive that they should slash data subscription fee by 50%.
Nigeria my country undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by VillageBus(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
wetin consign audit and selling of Sim

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Olusholar24(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hi
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Kholar211: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
AlphaSentinel:
The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) have ordered immediate suspension of sale and Activation of new sim cards on all telecommunication companies in Nigeria. This means new SIM CARDS can't be purchased until further notice.

See the memo below;b

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Gwagone: 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Till when like this? coz my p-man need to re-register his very old mtn line urgently
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Tintinnoty(m): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
T
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by franzis(m): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Buhari has finished this country, whoever takes over has a whole lot of mess to clear out

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by DoubleEngine007: 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
new2012:
Irresponsible govt. Audit should not prevent activities, audit is reviewing backward not stopping activities.
Bro,irresponsible sef na understatement .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by vibbb: 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Who we offend for this country ?

Bunch of clueless set of govt. piloting the affair of this nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
They won't do the most important things they were
supposed to do undecided sim cards is now their problem very foolish government

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Didi2d(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
What about memo for data cost reduction? That one go hard dem to post

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by GeneralPula: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
SIM card go still dey..But e go cost..

Una sabi naija style nah..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by adeoba2008(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
It's alright
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by dinocy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
This country dey sleep for bike

1 Like

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
So auditing means taking jobs away from people sells sim card to make a living,this country na was ooo,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by jawalis(m): 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
Scam
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Fvckhypocrite(f): 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
Na lie i still buy sim tday
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by bob55dave(m): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
But wait Nigeria ��, why are we doing ourselves like this, why?

Why are we messing up the country.
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Oyiboman69: 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
NAD government
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by psucc(m): 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
This would be helpful if the NCC will actually ensure that only registered SIMs are allowed to go live.

This will help improve security and as well reduce fraud.

But na the same people "where dey front dey back"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Bmaster(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
GeneralPula:

if paradventure you ever managed to log in to register your sim,

It won't get activated after registration.
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Lovelies1: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
Vv
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by mekaboy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Foolish government. So they cant carrynout database audit with date starting from this year to this year? On one hand buhari is enabling the fulani from chad and other places to become citizens via immigration, on the other hand sim card sales has to stop for security and audit.

Imagine DSTV stopping sales and subscription for audit.

Why the so called most educated voted in the least educated to run a nation still baffles me.

7 Likes

Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by cmecproblem(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Fast response
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by html14java(f): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hmmm
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Karlifate: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
GeneralPula:

Black market tinz cheesy
Re: MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales by Karlifate: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
franzis:
Buhari has finished this country, whoever takes over has a whole lot of mess to clear out
Gbam!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Convert Airtime Bonus To Data. / Which Network Offers The Most Affordable Data? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.