Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop (16960 Views)

Nigeria's Strange Eating Habits To The Rest Of The World / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by juniorstar(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2020
dipping bread inside tea!
spaghewa! if u know u know.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Amarisco(f): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2020
My swallow must be on the left and soup on the right.

Its not a bad thing, but its a necessity.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2020
Taking water during meal

My folks see this as bad habit kos at the end I end up wasting the food

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2020
I LOVE FOODS and I eat my food in a good way I wish to.

4 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by explosiveskull(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2020
If you ain't comfortable with my eating habits, stop eating with me. I don't eat in public, I try as much as not to cos I feel so uncomfortable. I try not to share food in same plate with another person, this has been my childhood something. No one can use his or her eating style to make make me uncomfortable where food is involved. Sometimes I still dip bread in tea especially if it is all these cheap bread without taste and it makes me full on time when I don't want to overeat or am in a hurry.
I enjoy scrapping the bottom pot, I don't know why, when you are cooking with onions and crayfish, if am around, you may have to buy another one cos I may finish them. You see I prefer eating while sitting on the floor even if there is a 5 star dinning table, especially if the floor is cold and the food is hot. Now I get hungry around 1am, I can go to the freezer to eat any frozen food, though I leave it to thaw for some time but I have no patience waiting for it to get cooked, everyone are asleep. You see those canda or kpomo, the uncooked ones that are soft, I can eat it very well without fear of salmonella or thyfoid.
I don't take water after eating no mater how spicy they are, though I may sip water to rinse my mouth. I drink water 30 minutes to 1 hour after eating food. I eat in the morning before brushing, I can only rinse my mouth when I wake up to take my breakfast.
I can finish 3 packets of raw super pack indomie, I eat it like biscuit.

6 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by yekparikpa(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2020
There's nothing bad about eating your meat/fish after emptying your plate of food. Infact as a kid growing up,you dare not eat your meat until after you must have emptied your plate. Then you you'll have to wait for your parents to share the meat/fish accordingly amongst you and your siblings...if any. This is how I was raised.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by iamhorpey(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2020
Do I even have or follow rules and regulations for eating? Abegi... I do it in my own way o grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Kamal112(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2020
One thing I don't do and I can never do is using bread to pick beans �

So disgusting

I'll firstly put bread in my mouth,then use spoon to take the beans and vice versa �

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by EmekaBlue(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2020
Dipping bread into tea

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by crackhaus: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2020
I don't drink water till I finish eating... cheesy

Some people say it's bad, some say it's the best.
Personally, I don't even care.

8 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by MrStylish(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Aabboobbii
ALL OF THE above

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Well, I never knew they are bad eating habits until my colleagues, at Corpers' lodge, began to condemn each of them. They include:
1. Soaking or dipping bread in the tea: They think the good habit is sipping/taking the tea while chewing the bread. "Seeing the broken pieces of bread in the tea could make one throw up", one claimed.

2. Picking eggs with yam in the plate: They said the good habit is picking the eggs & yam separately. "Littering the eggs with broken pieces of yam would make the food look irritating", another said.

3. Picking eggs with bread: As in 2 above.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.

What's yours?

Soaking bread in tea is very popular in many European countries that I have visited, especially France. I have even seen people put jam on bread, wrap it, and still soak it in tea.

I no longer see it as a bad habit.

It is here in Africa that we like to do more than the Europeans.

4 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by hashtagged(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2020
I can't stop scratching the bottom of pot after cooking indomie

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Splitmind: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Well, I never knew they are bad eating habits until my colleagues, at Corpers' lodge, began to condemn each of them. They include:
1. Soaking or dipping bread in the tea: They think the good habit is sipping/taking the tea while chewing the bread. "Seeing the broken pieces of bread in the tea could make one throw up", one claimed.

2. Picking eggs with yam in the plate: They said the good habit is picking the eggs & yam separately. "Littering the eggs with broken pieces of yam would make the food look irritating", another said.

4. Eating meats/fish after emptying the plate: This act has caused controversy between me & people many times. I am used to eating the meat last. In fact, I can take meals without meats or fish. "People who don't know you well would think you're stingy, not knowing you just don't mind", some friends would say. Even at occasions, friends do help with the meats. Weytin we gain if we no finish the meats,,,, lol. Hopefully, I'm gonna change this habit when I get married

5. Taking yam with vegetable oil or red palm oil: This is a no-go-area grin. I bluntly told them I can't sip or take the oil while chewing the yam angry. I think they have no excuse on this because some of them claimed they don't take such combination.

What's yours?
Isn't this how most people eat?

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Splitmind: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
I LOVE FOOD

I thought you love dem manna?

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Tomilola360: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2020
dollytino4real:
that number one na my style o! but am trying to stop it because it makes u eat too much

Like before u know, I don finish one loaf of sliced bread

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by IamPlato(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2020
I Just Started One... eating On The Road

Tell That Your Copper that He Is Mad, so Na Him Go Tell Me How To Eat My egg And Bread. We Have Been Eating It Like That Since the Time Of Christ, make Him Go Die

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by KunleyY19(m): 8:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Me I take in too much water while eating. And people around me complain a lot. 4-6 pure water per meal. It's 3 spoon drink water like that...

It affected be one day sha when I vomited only water... But I can't help it...

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Forreellinc: 8:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Eating pvssy

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Adakintroy: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2020
There is no such thing as bad eating habits. Just culture.

No standard universaly define way of putting food in your mouth. Nobody wrote a book on that.
.just watch your hand carefully and put food in your mouth.

Your stomach will not ask you the process you adopt.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 13, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:
I LOVE FOOD
[/s]

If you have nothing to say ..

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Jh0wsef(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2020
anochuko01:
I put my plate of food on the chair and then stoop next to it to eat. I only do that at home sha.

The act of eating is a stress for me. I only eat when I'm hungry. I don't take breakfast and dinner, but can eat heavy in the afternoon.

Babe still said yesterday that I need to add weight but I don't see that happening

You are inviting ulcer o. and when it comes, it can't go o

A man fell down flat for about 15mins on my street a week ago. We thought he was dead until someone tapped him. He was in excruciating pains.

What caused it? CHRONIC ULCER!

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 13, 2020
[s]
post=97016466:

Lol cheesy.
Na wa for your otondo friends o.
What part of the world are they from.
Apart from maybe the number one,
Nothing is wrong with number 2 to 5.

Enjoy your foods biko.
[/s]

Who let the dogs out woof woof woof

That song

Just love it

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Opexzy: 8:59am On Dec 13, 2020
SimplyFacts:

What's yours?

It's either your friends are teasing you or they are simply not serious.. Ask them how do they eat bread and butter: eat the bread and lick the butter too.

Most of these things I believe are preferences, but sometimes we just have to go with with them because of public acceptability.

I prefer to chew my bread and sip the tea,
I prefer to put the fried egg in between slices of bread and toast it.

The only one I have accepted as bad habit which I only do in public when I am carried away is trying to remove pieces of stuck meat from my teeth with my fingers or sometimes with my tongue.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by OdefaGirl(f): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2020
Number 4 is called self control grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Sunnycliff(m): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2020
Procrastination

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by lanocfoods: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2020
I can eat anytime of the day, 1am, 2am midnight, infact this morning was by 5am

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2020
Splitmind:

I thought you love dem manna?
I love dem dieeee.
Na my role models be dat

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by GoodBoi1(m): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2020
Lying down to eat

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by MozB: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2020
I cannot think of any. So long as i'm satisfied and comfortable as i eat, its okay. I realy dont give a f*ck about bad eating habits. Lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:

I love dem dieeee.
Na my role models be dat
[/s]

But you are the same person using a different monicker

grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Eating Habits I Find So Hard To Stop by EmperorFred: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2020
You're supposed to thankGod that you have food to eat sef. Una de worry about the style to take chop am when your stomach don't even care about how it comes in

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans / Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. / Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.