Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man (62776 Views)

You Must Marry Me - Lady Tells Married Man / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Yaks02(m): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:
I have always hated the idea of dating married people, but here I am...the ex-girlfriend of a married man.

It started sometime during the lockdown, I went somewhere to get groceries and ran into this man. Let’s call him Mr X. His smile and sense of humour was the attraction. He was putting on a nice senator material and when I stood for us to leave, he towered above me. I am a 6ft tall lady and ladies with my height can tell the happiness when you meet a taller man.

We started chatting regularly and we were in a competition to give ourselves treats. On our second date which I initiated, I asked his age and he replied 36, he asked mine and I told him. He expressed his doubts and I showed him my drivers license. Started asking many questions about my background and I answered all of them. I asked about him too, including his marital status.

I had just gotten out of a relationship, his father said he wouldn’t marry outside the Catholic church and he started drifting, I had to let him go. It was tough for me, but after months of keeping to myself, my friend encouraged me to go on dates and give another man a chance. I decided to give Mr X a chance.

It was beautiful. We were in a competition to please ourselves, take ourselves out and we both had a healthy sense of humour...chatting was fun!!! Everywhere we went, people stared. We were all over ourselves even in public and till date I wonder how he pulled that off.

One day his office had a party and he asked if I could come, I said yes. Got there and the guys were looking at me with lust, the ladies were looking at me with pity. He said the ladies were jealous of my looks and some of them have been crushing on him. If you see him and see me, you’ll understand why this explanation made little sense.

After the party that day, it was late to go back to my house and his house was farther, so we decided to book a hotel around. That night was our most intimate night. We kissed, he gave me leg massages, a head and said he is ready when I am ready. I was blown away. Could this be real?

I always noticed he would be lost in thoughts whenever we are together and blame it on work. Other times he will start feeling sick and I would have to close earlier to go give him food and drugs. This became a regular occurence until one day…

He had fallen sick as usual. I made him promise to take pain relievers and we should consider going to the hospital. He didn’t do this and I had to make out time within the week to go check on him. He said it is because he was missing me, how sweet!

He didn’t get better, it was obvious something was bothering him. I decided I will take him for lunch so we can talk about it, but he couldn’t wait. That night he said he has something to tell me, he kept apologizing but still couldn’t say it. He asked if he could send a voice note and I told him to go ahead.

At about 3mins into the voice note, I felt my world crumbling. He told me he was married and has been married for almost 10years with kids. His family was not in the country, that is why I never saw traces of them. He said he had been battling with the guilt and was scared to tell me because some other girl left when she found out and the last was with him for money. He knew I would leave and was scared, his best friend told him to give it time, another told him to ghost me but I have been good to him and his conscience won’t let him. Other friends said he should never mention it to me.

When my friend saw him, she told me he was going to hurt me. I asked her how and she said I was too innocent for him. She didn’t say further not to be termed hater, but since he made me happy again...she wished me well.

I kept replaying the audio while he kept asking me to say something. I wondered if he treated his wife the way he treated me. He was such a gentleman. Held my hands when I had to walk in heels, opened the car door for me, checked on me at work, gave me handmade customized gifts...he made them himself. He said his wife is bad and he wants divorce her, lolz. I told him they all say that. I told him how much he has hurt me, but I forgive him and appreciate him telling me when he did.

It has been almost 3months but the pain lingers. I know I will be fine…

I'm also a good man but I don't have height

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by folake4u(f): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
Lmaoooooooo I've gone through these experiences a lot even in my tender age, nor be today grin grin grin.

I'm thankful he told you the truth though smiley.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Queenserah26(f): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hmmmmmm, makes sense

yemmit90:
Anytime a man tell you he's 35years and above, please try to know at least few members of his family before you get serious with him.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Sarita01(f): 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

Would have been better if I did this...unfortunately, he was the one that deceived me.
no offense,but you mentioned he's Muslim,my question is since u love him so much why didn't you forgive him and continue dating him,maybe he'll marry u as his second wife,are u tryna tell me you chose morals over your happiness? or is there another reason u broke up with him,if you can love a Muslim man,then u can also marry him cos I'm not sure you have reservations against such things,so why didn't you?
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Chidexthebest: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
The main thing here is to make sure you learn from this experience. It will be much worse if you don't reflect and find out how you can learn from this.
Sorry for your heart break
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by SirBunky85(m): 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

We never had penetrative sex, I have never had penetrative sex. The messages are from our past chat, I only cleared the chat after creating this thread. I have not set my eyes on him since then. He has called with other numbers, but that has been it.

Plz, you can reserve the “hoe” tag for your loved ones if it is such a pleasant name. Using it randomly on people you do not know is a not a sign of good upbringing.

You guys here are all about the dick, dick is everywhere, but I have lived 25yrs of my life without it and I didn’t die. I was only hurt he lied to me and led me on. Some of us are trusting. I know people that would have ransacked his house and social media pages, but I didn’t do that. I am not even on Facebook and Instagram. He preyed on the fact that I am quite private and trusting, direct your misgivings to him!!
your responses are quite respectful.keep it up
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by TheSociopath(m): 12:06am On Dec 13, 2020
Hmm
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Okwuazi930(m): 1:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

You clearly have issues. Maybe you are him or one of his kind...I can’t understand your anger and frustration.
lady since u did not have penetrative sex with him why nt move on, it's a choice which u av the option to opt out,the guy is a gentleman who might really need someone to love.jst move on
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by junglej: 2:33am On Dec 13, 2020
If this is a made up story, then I will say well written (has good punch lines), but if it's true, then you are just a conceeded human being who things she is the ish, but rather you are just about to get ran over by someone else relationship wise, until you start by telling yourself the truth.

Heartbrokengirl:
I have always hated the idea of dating married people, but here I am...the ex-girlfriend of a married man.

It started sometime during the lockdown, I went somewhere to get groceries and ran into this man. Let’s call him Mr X. His smile and sense of humour was the attraction. He was putting on a nice senator material and when I stood for us to leave, he towered above me. I am a 6ft tall lady and ladies with my height can tell the happiness when you meet a taller man.

We started chatting regularly and we were in a competition to give ourselves treats. On our second date which I initiated, I asked his age and he replied 36, he asked mine and I told him. He expressed his doubts and I showed him my drivers license. Started asking many questions about my background and I answered all of them. I asked about him too, including his marital status.

I had just gotten out of a relationship, his father said he wouldn’t marry outside the Catholic church and he started drifting, I had to let him go. It was tough for me, but after months of keeping to myself, my friend encouraged me to go on dates and give another man a chance. I decided to give Mr X a chance.

It was beautiful. We were in a competition to please ourselves, take ourselves out and we both had a healthy sense of humour...chatting was fun!!! Everywhere we went, people stared. We were all over ourselves even in public and till date I wonder how he pulled that off.

One day his office had a party and he asked if I could come, I said yes. Got there and the guys were looking at me with lust, the ladies were looking at me with pity. He said the ladies were jealous of my looks and some of them have been crushing on him. If you see him and see me, you’ll understand why this explanation made little sense.

After the party that day, it was late to go back to my house and his house was farther, so we decided to book a hotel around. That night was our most intimate night. We kissed, he gave me leg massages, a head and said he is ready when I am ready. I was blown away. Could this be real?

I always noticed he would be lost in thoughts whenever we are together and blame it on work. Other times he will start feeling sick and I would have to close earlier to go give him food and drugs. This became a regular occurence until one day…

He had fallen sick as usual. I made him promise to take pain relievers and we should consider going to the hospital. He didn’t do this and I had to make out time within the week to go check on him. He said it is because he was missing me, how sweet!

He didn’t get better, it was obvious something was bothering him. I decided I will take him for lunch so we can talk about it, but he couldn’t wait. That night he said he has something to tell me, he kept apologizing but still couldn’t say it. He asked if he could send a voice note and I told him to go ahead.

At about 3mins into the voice note, I felt my world crumbling. He told me he was married and has been married for almost 10years with kids. His family was not in the country, that is why I never saw traces of them. He said he had been battling with the guilt and was scared to tell me because some other girl left when she found out and the last was with him for money. He knew I would leave and was scared, his best friend told him to give it time, another told him to ghost me but I have been good to him and his conscience won’t let him. Other friends said he should never mention it to me.

When my friend saw him, she told me he was going to hurt me. I asked her how and she said I was too innocent for him. She didn’t say further not to be termed hater, but since he made me happy again...she wished me well.

I kept replaying the audio while he kept asking me to say something. I wondered if he treated his wife the way he treated me. He was such a gentleman. Held my hands when I had to walk in heels, opened the car door for me, checked on me at work, gave me handmade customized gifts...he made them himself. He said his wife is bad and he wants divorce her, lolz. I told him they all say that. I told him how much he has hurt me, but I forgive him and appreciate him telling me when he did.

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by obstead200(m): 3:39am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

We never had penetrative sex, I have never had penetrative sex. The messages are from our past chat, I only cleared the chat after creating this thread. I have not set my eyes on him since then. He has called with other numbers, but that has been it.

Plz, you can reserve the “hoe” tag for your loved ones if it is such a pleasant name. Using it randomly on people you do not know is a not a sign of good upbringing.

You guys here are all about the dick, dick is everywhere, but I have lived 25yrs of my life without it and I didn’t die. I was only hurt he lied to me and led me on. Some of us are trusting. I know people that would have ransacked his house and social media pages, but I didn’t do that. I am not even on Facebook and Instagram. He preyed on the fact that I am quite private and trusting, direct your misgivings to him!!
u sound like a very sensible, good mannered and well trained lady with good family values. Keep it up.

But I am very pragmatic when it comes to issues. I am also realistic. At 25, u are still young and u shud know what u want from life right now. Not everyone wants to marry by fire by force. Not every girl of Ur age wants a relationship that must lead to marriage. People have different relationship goals.

So review Ur relationship goals for the moment. If the goal is to get married, then it's ok that you left the married guy.

But if u just want to catch fun and enjoy a relationship while it lasts, then you should be with the person who makes u happy....even if he is married.....as long as he clearly shows that he takes care of his family very well too. U are not doing anything bad.
Forget those bullshit called karma or nemesis.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Toks2008(m): 4:03am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

Nairalanders and insults. How exactly am I the side hoe here? Someone clearly looked me in the face and lied to me many times and I am the hoe?

Are you always like this or you are faking it?

I don’t need your advice, I advised myself and left him for his wife and family.

Babe my heart bleeds anytime I read something like this online.

The ignorance of ladies in this 21st century as regards marriage is heart wreckling.

See, there is nothing wrong in marrying a married man if you find your happiness with him... Just don't be a side dish to him.

Every guy is polygamous or most guys if I want to be modest.

Most married guys have a side chic so are they not all polygamous?

I have met many ladies who left their husbands cos he cheated on them but guess what?... Most of them are still single or worse still they now grace the beds of randy guys and even married men and are constantly used as intimacy gadgets.

Until ladies wake up from their foolish mentality that once a man is married he is a NO NO I guess many ladies will remain single for a very very long time.

If I were a Lady, I would rather marry a married man that gives me happiness rather than be with an unmarried guy that makes my life terrible... But I will never settle for a side chic to a married man WHICH UNFORTUNATELY, MANY SINGLE LADIES PREFER.... INSANITY I MUST SAY.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Toks2008(m): 4:12am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

The objective of this thread is to tell people some signs to watch out for. They are always there.

So far the men have been the ones bashing, says a lot about who the coalition of angry ones are.

He is a muslim, but I am sure Islam doesn’t encourage polygamy by deception. He should have made it clear he is a muslim and married, let me make the choice to be a second wife.

I hope you get the “objective” now.

Babe whether he tells you early or "late" the bottom line is that there is nothing in marrying a married man.

You ladies call it second wife but what is you are actually the main woman in his life regardless of your position.

Ladies usually ask lame questions when a guy approaches them like, are you Marie's? Do you have a girlfriend?...

For petes sake, if you like a guy just focus on knowing if he cherishes you and stop worrying your head about his status... He has his reasons for coming to you so focus on the two of you and decide if you really want him.

I know ladies who are happily married to married men and they won't trade that union for anything.

And let me break your heart a bit.

If you are above the age of 30 as a lady, your chance of meeting a never married guy is very slim so if you are not OK marrying a married man just be less picky with the single ones that come your way cos the older you get the more difficult it will be to meet a single guy.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by nautybride: 4:33am On Dec 13, 2020
Sanchez01:

Some of you are not properly brought up and it is troubling because the number multiplies across cyberspace on a daily basis.

Hmmm. That Signature really got me thinking. We are stuck in unhappiness then.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by MurphyG1(m): 4:48am On Dec 13, 2020
If he calls you again, pick and talk to him. Hear him out. Unless you know doing that might make you do what you wouldnt want to do (dating him again). This might just give you the closure you need.

Truth is, in life, as you grow, you will encounter many more deceits. Then, you will realize not everyone who lies to you (depending on the magnitude) must be turned to an enemy.

Another thing is, you might not completely move on unless you hear him out. Whenever you remember, you will still feel that pain. He was a nice guy and com'on its not that he tried to poison you wink and you guys had a nice time together. So why not

Then what was your plans when you were dating? Marry him? He is a muslim and can still marry you if thats his intentions. And who says marrying a married man will break him home? Ned Nwoko home don break? grin
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Jimmy231: 6:30am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

He even give head you come and you said no Sex hmmmmmmm
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by ShaneGuillory(m): 6:33am On Dec 13, 2020
Are you sure you are a Nigeria girl ? Because as far as I know, majority of Nigeria girls of your age and below are very rude with words especially when they are on social media. Let's have a chat i would like to know you better. You really wow me with how reserved and respectful you are with your comments here despite the rude and uncouth manner of these illiterates little boys on this site.
The objective of this thread is to tell people some signs to watch out for. They are always there.

So far the men have been the ones bashing, says a lot about who the coalition of angry ones are.

He is a muslim, but I am sure Islam doesn’t encourage polygamy by deception. He should have made it clear he is a muslim and married, let me make the choice to be a second wife.

I hope you get the “objective” now.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by mercyland93(m): 6:35am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

I don’t know why people are like this. This is someone that kept policing my movement. He is always seeing men staring at me. At a place we went to eat, he saw a man gisting with me and almost broke his leg where he was rushing to come whisk me away. He was that possessive.

I never took a dime from him and he hated it. All I did was love and trust blindly...

Seems u are about to cry, Sorry ehn.

It's quite unfortunate that u went through all these cus it's so glarring that u trust and love the man nd considering the fact that he is ur ideal kind of man.

But I want u to know that he telling (even falling sick) u by himself shows that he is a good man who does not want to hurt you. For some guys won't relent until they Bleep the hell out of u cus they are over smart. ......

Humans would nevertheless always come across someone who is prettier or handsome than their spouses, ( which is definitely the irony of life) but that doesn't mean to now be a fornicator or an adulterer

My take is that this is a lesson to you and other young ladies on these forum that everyone need to thread carefully on relationship journey..
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by placeofallure(f): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

Baby girl, keep this lesson on your left palm so you'll never forget. You will heal in good time. You did well by leaving him and I'm so so proud of you.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by RulerIAm(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

it's what it is. Shit happens. U have moved. But ur name naim make me laugh. What then happens to this account when u heal completely from the heartbreak?
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by efiembo: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2020
MurderX:
Keep deceiving yourself.

Best response to the Lady.
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by enemyofprogress: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2020
Incomplete story! She tolded us everything, but she didn’t told us that the man did it or does it mean the man didn’t did it. If he did it, why did she not told us in the story. I ate incomplete story.
Mynd44 please take the story away from the front page jare
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by enemyofprogress: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2020
MurderX:
Keep deceiving yourself.
don’t mind her
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by unmask: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

I met a few members of his family. They were welcoming

He is muslim
So him being a Muslim, his religion permits him to get married to more than one wife. If he asks you to marry him would you?
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2020
RulerIAm:
it's what it is. Shit happens. U have moved. But ur name naim make me laugh. What then happens to this account when u heal completely from the heartbreak?

Lolzzz, leave me jare. What should I have used? DeceivedSidechick? I will continue using it

unmask:
So him being a Muslim, his religion permits him to get married to more than one wife. If he asks you to marry him would you?

No
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Toks2008:

Babe my heart bleeds anytime I read something like this online.

The ignorance of ladies in this 21st century as regards marriage is heart wreckling.

See, there is nothing wrong in marrying a married man if you find your happiness with him... Just don't be a side dish to him.

Every guy is polygamous or most guys if I want to be modest.

Most married guys have a side chic so are they not all polygamous?

I have met many ladies who left their husbands cos he cheated on them but guess what?... Most of them are still single or worse still they now grace the beds of randy guys and even married men and are constantly used as intimacy gadgets.

Until ladies wake up from their foolish mentality that once a man is married he is a NO NO I guess many ladies will remain single for a very very long time.

If I were a Lady, I would rather marry a married man that gives me happiness rather than be with an unmarried guy that makes my life terrible... But I will never settle for a side chic to a married man WHICH UNFORTUNATELY, MANY SINGLE LADIES PREFER.... INSANITY I MUST SAY.

Your heart can keep bleeding, lolz. I don’t want to marry into a polygamous home, it is not a complicated decision. When you come to life as a lady, marry a married man, I won’t.

3 Likes

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Solatium(m): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

Nairalanders and insults. How exactly am I the side hoe here? Someone clearly looked me in the face and lied to me many times and I am the hoe?

I don’t need your advice, I advised myself and left him for his wife and family.

When next you meet a man that is as good as he was,know that it won't last,know that he's married.
Every lady that had come across such character would have held him down before he gets to you
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Unbreakable007: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2020
U never had a penetrative sex.... I don't understand.
U mean him never Bleep u even whn u r all over him and after d party una lodge and there were still no sex.

Hmmmmmm!!!
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Stateoforigin: 9:53am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

You could tell us his age but couldn't tell us yours. As a principle for me, I need to know the age of a person before giving a piece of advice. How I will advise a 20years old boy/girl will be different from how I will advise someone older.

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by CutieKing: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2020
I hadly comment on topics like this but here i am.
I dont understand why some guys are mean and condemning this lady includimg herself about her situation. This is a lady who met and fell in "LOVE" with a married man unknowingly.After discovery,she decided to take a walk because according to her,dating a married man is a no no for her while some others would have simply stayed and enjoy the ride.
Its her decision but what i still dont understand again is why she decided to nicknamed herself that moniker.

While i dont dissagree with her decison,i disagree with the way she went about it....wish to say more.

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by thrillionaire(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

Thanks a lot. I didn’t mean to entertain you all with my writing skills. That is how I write

Please I'd love to get to know you and be friends.. kindly text me on WhatsApp 08030639821
I'm not married lol
Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl:

I understand marriage could be complicated, I have heard and read stories. If you read my post, you will see my major problem is the deception. He took me out to many places and some felt I was aware of his marital status...whereas I wasn’t. He said he knew I wouldn’t continue if I knew he was married, so he couldn’t tell me. Was that fair to me??

Can you imagine how painful it is giving your all to someone, only for her to tell you she is married? It is more painful because I asked and he lied to me.
I can feel the pain all over this post and it is obvious you're still hurting. Time heals all wounds. You will be alright dear.

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man by Hathor5(f): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
Heartbrokengirl

I am sorry you were deceived. Sometimes I wish there would be consequences for people who toy with other person's emotions. I really admire your composure though. I have read your initial post and I have noticed how you have described the sweet memories and the hurt but I didn't notice any anger or bitterness though it's ok and normal to feel that too.

You don't have to explain yourself to the people here who blame you and defend an adulterer. Some people will always find a way to blame the wronged party.

Take heart dear. I hope you will recover soon. I don't know what else to tell you because whatever I tell you, I know that there is no shortcut through heartache.

Have you spoken to him again after he told you about his wife and kids? I mean in person?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.