Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,556 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

How Do I Get A CSCS Number? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Do I Get A CSCS Number? (24237 Views)

Shares Fraud At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (CSCS) / How Do I Monitor My CSCS Account Online / CSCS Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2007
please i have been buying shares since mainly through public offer and i don't have a stock broker can anyone tell me the procedure
for getting a cscs number i am tired of the certificates
http://www.60minuteswebsite.com
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by enolase(m): 11:12pm On Jun 30, 2007
You can do this by going through a stock broking firm. They will open an in-house account and a CSCS account for you. However, unusually long delays from the stockbrokers I use has led me to do some research, and I have recently found out that you can go to the CSCS directly and open a CSCS account (will require a payment though) Details on http://www.cscsnigeria.com.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 01, 2007
thanks men that is even why i wanted to find out
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by otokx(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2007
@eyimofe89

what progress have you made?
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2007
they are asking for this " user code (Clering House Number/Member Code (IN CAPITAL LETTERS)" to register and i dont know what that is
can anyone help
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by madeonline(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2007
Fill the attached form and send to me (madeonline@gmail.com) I will get you a CSCS number.
I presently work in a stockbroking firm in Lagos. Endeavour to send me a reminder email after five days if you do nto get a trade alert/sms message annoucing to your CSCS account details before then.

You can call +2348056259633 for further information or you could kindly supply your email in an SMS should you require more information.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 03, 2007
jhj
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Forfavour(m): 1:37am On Jul 03, 2007
@madeonline

Fill the attached form and send [i][/i]

Is that all requirement to open an account with ur stockbroking firm?

some firm require personal ID, application form (signed & dated) & proof of residence(utility bills).

Forfavour
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by dibosa187: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2007
Hi everyone, its correct to say one can either go through a stockbroking firm or open an Individual Investor CSCS account.However, I'd appreciate it if anyone throws more light on the individual investor CSCS account cos I can't really figure that out
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by madeonline(m): 11:20am On Jul 03, 2007
DEAR FIRENDS,

The form you are all trying to access on CSCS web site is one that would enable you to monitor your stock position online (see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=58129.msg1179284#msg1179284).

To get the CSCS house number which would be required before you can have an online access or be able to complete the online forms you are filling you would need to open an account with a stockbroker who will in turn give you your CHN number before you can fill out that CSCS online access form.

Different stockbroking firms have basic requirements for account opening, ranging from minimum cash deposit of certain amount to legal instruments/agreements. However, the SEC regualtion demands that you know your customer by a means of identification and your internal control KYC/Know your client form.

However with the advent of technology in capital Market Operations, all those paper works are now reduced and CSCS is presently using only soft copies of entry data and cover letter from brokers to open accounts. There is no alternative to KYC though and our Marketing Unit give personalissed servcies to our client to get all the KYC requirements subsequently.

Account opening ideally should be and its processing takes 2 - 3 working days.

I hope this piece sheds more light on your enquiry. Further information is available via email (made@madeonlineng.com) or text message to 08056259633 .Please kindly indicate your emails in all text messages should you require a feedback.

Regards.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by kg(f): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2007
@madeonline
rich contribution!

The only thing I'd like to add is that "nobody should charge you a dime for opening a CSCS account for you at anytime, it is free!"

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by otokx(m): 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2007
Am not impressed angry by core trust website
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by enolase(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2007
Clearing House Number only applies to broking firms. As an individual investor, you should leave it blank once you encounter it on your forms.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by mimiko(f): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2007
Stock business is really taking over naija i hope it goes on well,i regret i dint buy more of the stock i bought 4, 5 years ago.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by mi5: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2007
been trying to open www.cscsnigeria.com for two days no show. any other links i can go through to access my cscs statement
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by madeonline(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Prince22(m): 2:35am On Jul 19, 2007
Can anyone itemise the merit and de-merit of cscs accout?

Someone told me is the best but still needed tobe monitor by stock broker.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by otokx(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2007
@Prince22

Nice request
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by bianworld(m): 9:09am On Jul 20, 2007
I work fora stock broking firm and can help you get the cscs number u are requiring.Get in touch with me on my mobile 07030609221 or my mail freebiesworld@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by kaypinchi(m): 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2007
madeonline:

Fill the attached form and send back to me online (ogunyemi@gmail.com) I will get you a CSCS number in three - five days.
I presently work in a stockbroking firm in Ikoyi, Lagos.

You can call 08056259633 for further information.

@ madeonline,

Thanks a lot for the CSCS registration.
Your info has been really helpful to freshers like me.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by ckenneths(m): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2007
I don't know if it was luck or the way its supposed to be, but I opened a stockbroking account and was sent a cscs number and a clearing house number to my phone as text. Since then I have been receiving alerts from cscs whenever I buy shares from the secondary market.am enjoying the notifications, kind of helps me confirm purchases. Meanwhile I don't pay any charges.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by patto01(f): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2007
MAdeonline,

I am a novice interested on this discussion. I opened the attached form and there is a column for account balance,.

Madeonline, can you please educate me what account balance is been requested for.

I am interested in opening one thruough you.

Thank you
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by madeonline(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2007
kINDLY IGNORE THE COLUMN FOR ACCOUNT BALANCE IT IS FOR INTERNAL CONSUMPTION
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by chibzy(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2007
I already have a stock broker with the CSCS number and clearing house number but i want to find out more about individual investors who want to have access to checking their investment portfolio on the cscs website. I know there is a certain form to fill and an amount to be paid but besides these, i do not know the benefits nor the procedures involved
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Contila: 5:43am On Aug 16, 2007
Madeonline,
Thank you immensely for your tangible contribution. My question is: can I use my foreign US address as the shareholder's address on the form you attached in previous posts?
Please advise.

Contila!
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by madeonline(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2007
you can use your foreign address.
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by omoayo07(m): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2007
Hi Madeonline,
Thanks for providing a lot of useful information on the above subject. Iam equally new to shares ,which like eyimofe89, I bought 2 public offer shares from First Bank and Access Bank currently on. I don't have a stock broker. I would like you to help me get a CSCS Number and CSCS house number by opening an account with you at Core Trust. I got stuck with the Clearing House Number while trying to register online.

Anyway, a quick response from you will be appreciated.

many thanks,

omoayo07
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by GideonBL: 12:25am On Sep 03, 2007
why would you get if i dont have an account with you?
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by adechuks(m): 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2007
Looks like the cscs website is presently not working,
any news, anyone?
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by lucky123(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2007
madeoline , thanks 4 ur info but i want u to help me open cscs account i have not bought a share b4 but i want to start but is like the number is very important thanks
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by madeonline(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2007
Dear eyimofe89 ,

I do hope you have been able to buy stocks from the secondary market now. It is as easy as filling a CSCS account opening form, submitting through your stockbroker (either online or offline), meeting other requirements as may be deem fit by your broker. Funding your account and buying after giving a buy mandate. Please do rememberto ask for your bought or sold contract notes after every transaction. Equally demand for your cscs statement of account and financial statement periodically. Different brokers have different medium for sending out these documents and varrying procedures too.

Madeonline

"I have recently found out that you can go to the CSCS directly "

Enolase

You talked about delay in account opening , this actually challenges me to assist co-nairalanders with hitchfree account opening. To the best of my ability,almost all those who showed interest got it done within 3 working days. I believe the systems has greatly improved and you do not need to tolerate delays from any broker more than necessary. The CSCS actually take 24hours to oipen the account the extra hours/delay is due to perfecting the account opening papaers!

Madeonline

"I use has led me to do some research, and I have recently found out that you can go to the CSCS directly and open a CSCS account (will require a payment though"

Dear Enolase ,

I read about your research in which you said one can open a CSCS account by directly approaching CSCS and paying a token.

Please do kindly avail me the details of your research findings via ogunyemi@gmail.com.

I am convince it is practically impossible to obtain CSCS account and house numbers without going through a broker except you are attempting to get a special account. (Special accounts differs from CSCS accounts for normal secondary market trading and I wouldnot be discussing that for now).

I do know CSCS charge 2500 naira for online CSCS account access registration and 2500 naira for trade alert. I am yet to confirm if an investor could approach CSCS directly to get this two forms above sorted out. Please share your findings with me. I look forward to hearing from you.

------------------------------

"same problem here! clearing house number,"

eyimofe89 (m), r.o.c,

You were trying to register for CSCS online access, you need a CHN number before you could complete that form. Do get in touch with your/a broker to help you
get a CHN number. I am sure you must have done that.

Yours,
Madeonline

"same problem here! clearing house number, what is this anyway and madeonline this is a forum if u wana help tell us what it is, not your number or mail"

Dear R.O.C.,
I do hope you found my follow up posts useful. In as much as this is a forum we cannot completely exhaust all the discussions on CSCS details in a forum particularly where you may need to fill some forms and revert to your broker for processing. I do hope you found my postinhgs useful though. I tried to explain further later, if you are still not clear post your questions in here and I would explain further here too. Nothing to hide by giving my email, it was given for those who wanted to send in their forms for processing and so many nairalanders have done so.

Madeonline

Dear Forfavour
Some clients do request for ID, proof of residency and all that. In my firm we do request for signed application form too and photocopy of ID but I just used the formere excel file for nairalanders so as to give them speedy processing. I no longer use the excel format to assist since some people abused the method. However, the soft copy of the form could be emailed to you/any other person interested in a CSCS/stockbroking account. All you need do is fill the form with black ink, sign it and email back to us for porcessing with a scanned international passport data page/and other id card.

Madeonline

____________________________________________________________________________________

dibosa187

Please Dibosa how can one open and idividual investor account with CSCS without going through a broker. Please give me an hint. I strongly feel this is impossible but am willing to learn, afterall this is Nigeria.

Individual investor account, is an account opening at CSCS through with an investor could buy and sell stocks on the floor of the NSE through his/her broker or registered stock dealer. The account has two numbers specific to a combination of names. The CSCS account number and CSCS House number. The former is for tying finanical transactions to clients account through ATs ( Automated Teller System) while the latter is for depository purposes. Links the investor personal details to CSCS, her broker, NSE trading platform, registrars, etc.

Madeonline

------------------------------
Dear kg (f)

Proudly Nigerian

I do agree with you that "nobody should charge you a dime for opening a CSCS account for you at anytime, it is free!". However, most stockbroking houses have what they term minimun account opening balance such as is obtainable when you want to open some forms of accounts in banks too. It ranges from 50,000 naira to 5 million naira depending on the stockbroking houses and you either pay in form of cash/cehque deposit for shares or monetary value of share certificates deposited for verification.

Madeonline

otokx,

I agree with you , Core Trust website is not as attractive as you may like it to be. Remember not to judge a book by it's cover though. I can however assure you that they give quality service delivery. A trial will convince you.

Cheers!

MAdeonline
-----------------------------

enolase (m)

"Clearing House Number only applies to broking firms. As an individual investor, you should leave it blank once you encounter it on your forms."

Please the above instruction is incorrect. If you do this on your CSCS online access form you may as well have just dashed CSCS free money because it would be very difficult to process your form. Broking firms fill similar forms and apply as corporate organizations with a different fee regime.

Madeonline

Thanks for the thank you message , it is motivating.

MAdeonline

Hi ckenneths,

That your account is promptly opened is not luck but your broker's hardwork and excellent service. That you are having free alert is shweer luck and it is not peculiar to you. That is free subscription to trade alert. The service is meant to cost a flat rate of 2500 naira per year but the service is randomly given free tosome people at no cost. How long this would last is what I cannot tell.

Madeonline

Dear Contila,

You could use your foreign address if you are not doing much of public offers or primary market purchases, seems registrars do not post certificates to freign destinations. I am not sure of my information though. Anyone working in a Registration firm/Issuing house could confirm or disprove my biews.

However the good news is that Trade Alert (CSCS sms service) is available even to foerign numbers and most of my clients abroad having been receiving transaction sms.

Madeonline

Dear GideonBL,
"why would you get if i don't have an account with you?"

I do not clearly understand your question.

MAdeonline

Sometimes the site goes on and off particlularly when trading is on. Try it very early in the morning before 9 am and after 4pm. You would access it more easily and faster then.

Madeonline (m)
port harcourt, naija

kindly fill the form and revert for processing if you are still interested.

Thanks.

Madeonline
Re: How Do I Get A CSCS Number? by Phydas: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2007
@madeonline,
thanks for your useful contributions on this forum. I would like to get the CSCs number as well. I am interested in buying shares as secondary offers. I sure will use your advise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why I Stand Against MMM / List OF 40 Profitable Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria You Can Start / Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.