Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,084 members, 7,807,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" (46575 Views)

Pastor Apologizes For Condemning Obi Cubana's Money Spraying At His Mum's Burial / Prophet Onyeze Jesus Apologizes For Spraying Naira On Naked Clients In River / Pastor Elis Apologizes For Groping Ariana Grande's Boobs At Aretha's Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by ebukajay184: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2020
Earlier Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6308587/mine-teenage-ministry-reacts-coordinator#96959892

"I Was Involved In Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" - Pastor Timi Adigun of MINE Teens Ministry Admits And Apologizes After Being Accused Of Sexually Molesting Teenagers

Pastor Timi Adigun of MINE Teenage Ministry has reacted to the allegations that he sexually assaulted a number of the teens in his care, IgbereTV reports.

It was claimed on Twitter that Adigun, who is the leader of The Ark Church, was involved in inappropriate sexual acts with his female teenage members for years.

The teenage ministry, an offshoot of his church, encourages sexual purity and even has a yearly "virginity day".

However, while teaching them about sexual purity, he was not living up to his teachings.

The married pastor was also accused of molesting those who lived with him for over 5 years.

They claimed that he started the "Father Me" series where he encouraged people to submit to fatherhood, only for him to use the opportunity to allegedly molest those girls who took him as a father.

His female victims are reportedly "extremely hurt and broken".

When his action was made public and members started demanding an answer, he reportedly closed The Ark Church and moved elsewhere to open another church.

Mine Teenage Ministry made these accusations on Twitter via its official Twitter handle then claimed that his wife, Timilehin Adigun was aware of his actions and was "complicit".

Journalist Akan Imoh also called him out stating that he and others investigated the allegation against the Pastor and everyone they spoke to ''confirmed'' the story.

Pastor Timi has now responded to the allegations via his Instagram handle.

He said he is "deeply sorry" to everyone his "actions and inactions have hurt".

He added: "The truth is, I was involved in inapproprite behaviour with females over a couple of years."

He continued: "I went against the sexual purity message I preach and believe in."

He, however, stated that "there was no sexual intercourse with any" of the girls and "none was a minor."

He exonerated his wife, saying: "My wife did not know about these actions while they happened."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIq7AQ6DhdE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Read his full apology below.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Righteousness89(m): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2020
My Brother, I Love the Fact that you admitted that you misbehaved!

I Love the Fact that you Have Privately and Publicly reached out to people..

I Love the Fact that you Have Submitted yourself to and For Discipline and Repentance..
The Work of a Minister is an Employee of GOD Almighty, and when we make errors it's good we Humble ourselves, Submit to Discipline,stay away from the Pulpit and sort out Matters with GOD.

You Have Done well my Brother! May GOD Almighty, the Merciful GOD, work on you, restore you and Use you Much more than before..

Ignore whatever people call u or insult you. Just Submit Wholeheartedly to our MAKER! What GOD thinks or knows about you is what Matters..

GOD BLESS U

267 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by GavelSlam: 10:49am On Dec 12, 2020
He should be prosecuted.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by GavelSlam: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
Ok

You avoided the Trump/Supreme court thread.

grin

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by MuttleyLaff: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2020
GavelSlam:
He should be prosecuted.

He/she that is without sin among us,
let him/her first cast a stone

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 12, 2020
He should be arrested and persecuted,
Na so so fake fake lifestyle dem dey live

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
He that is without sin among us, let him first cast a stone
so he should go scout free because he is a pastor?

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by MuttleyLaff: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2020
zangaozanga:
so he should go scout free because he is a pastor?
What exactly is he going scot free from?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by GavelSlam: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

What is he asking forgiveness for?

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
is sexual harassment no longer a crime in Nigeria

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by generationz(f): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
He that is without sin among us, let him first cast a stone

Are you normal Mutty? I respect you but this is complete trash. He was raping/Abusing teenagers and you are talking about sin?

He deserves to be in jail whether he went to the throne of heaven and begged God personally or not.

You people will have daughters o. Develop a conscience and stop hiding behind fake religious humility.

The other day, Fatoyinbo an alleged rapist sat with Oyedepo and people were talking about people being judgemental for calling him out.

I no blame una. Na the way we dey run things in Nigeria. CAN is dead and buried. A pastor was accused by multiple women of rape and wasn't called and questioned by the disciplinary committee. Didn't step down or ask for forgiveness. He just continued as if the ladies who were molested can go to hell.

If we don't call them out how do the women who were molested find closure? How do they trust God again since vipers like this claim to be men of God?

The bastard up there carried out virginity walks and organized virginity day while molesting teens and you are talking about human judgment. He is lucky he isn't in the old testament. What happened to Aarons's sons? What happened to Eli's sons having sex at the door of the temple?

This Covid 19 has exposed the true nature of many pastors and who they truly are. The political terrain exposed them even more.

Churches have been instrumental in helping people and rehabilitating many. It has helped with development and job/business creation for the poor masses.

But most church leaders around the world have also been exposed as phonies. If they had any fire, it has long been exchanged for monetary gain from politicians.

127 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by generationz(f): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2020
Nigerian church atmosphere is the breeding ground for Narcissits and sociopaths.

The name of the Ministry and the virginity Day sounds weird. I wouldn't advice any child i know to step foot there.
This is what happens when you are looking for hip-hop church services. You are looking for pastor with accent and suit. They say the way the parent churches are run is boring.

They don't know find the lord is "boring" but you'll gain can't be quantified. You can pray for weeks and not hear anything. You would even be wondering and doubting yourself and one day a word will just come while you are dozing off.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by generationz(f): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2020
When
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by petra1(m): 11:31am On Dec 12, 2020
GavelSlam:
He should be prosecuted.

By you? For What offense and who's pressing the charges.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by petra1(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2020
generationz:

. He was raping/Abusing teenagers and you are talking about sin?

Thats not what he said. Thats what you said

He, however, stated that "there was no sexual intercourse with any" of the girls and "none was a minor."

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by generationz(f): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2020
petra1:

Thats not what he said. Thats what you said

Is he supposed to admit to it in his letter?

So you believe someone who has been accused but don't believe all the women crying out bitterly? Okay, I'm not a Nigerian Citizen. I wrote it online so you better believe me. Shoot.

Isn't that why someone up there said he should be prosecuted and you people have been ranting since morning talking about forgiveness. Why bring that into a criminal accusation? Is it because he is a pastor?

Isn't that the next thing in a sane clime. He will be be taken to court to prove his innocence. Na wa.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by GavelSlam: 11:46am On Dec 12, 2020
petra1:

By you? For What offense and who's pressing the charges.

What is this one saying?

He confesses he was involved in inappropriate behaviour with minors in his care over the years.

The victims can press charges based on his confession.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Good morning
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nazgul: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hmmm...oga pastor so after enjoying their coochie you're begging for forgiveness. Can you un-enjoy what you have enjoyed?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Sebastine1994(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
t
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
ok
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by OmobaNL(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
At least he admitted and owned up

1 Like

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Gwagone: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
Go and sin no more

1 Like

Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
he has admitted the next step is to deviate completely from those inappropriate acts
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by owolabi5: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
CarPapers.com.ng
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by NaijaFutbol: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
Apoo
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by ipobarethieves: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
sad
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Maxikenna: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
Good : grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Timi Adigun Apologizes For His "Inappropriate Behaviour With Females" by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Brother, I Love the Fact that you admitted that you misbehaved!

I Love the Fact that you Have Privately and Publicly reached out to people..

I Love the Fact that you Have Submitted yourself to For Discipline and Repentance..
The Work of a Minister is an Employee of GOD Almighty, and we make errors it's good we Humble ourselves, Submit to Discipline,stay away from the Pulpit and sort out Matters with GOD.

You Have Done well my Brother! May GOD Almighty, the Merciful GOD, work on you, restore you and Use you Much more than before..

Ignore whatever people call u or insult you. Just Submit to our MAKER! What GOD thinks or knows about you is what Matters..

GOD BLESS U

With this your comments, I just discovered that you are the greatest hypocrite I have ever met on this forum. To spoil the matter, you ended your foolish comment with "GOD BLESS YOU".
I doubt if you are not a baby in the doctrine of Christ

43 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Apostle Johnson Suleman Is INNOCENT Based On Evidence In This Repot / "My Daughter Lied Against Apostle Suleman" - Stephanie's Otobo's Dad / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.