Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. (2667 Views)

Lady Mourns The Death Of Her Pet Rats (Photos) / Man Found Dead In His Bedroom Beside His Python Pet In U.K.(Photos) / Nigeria Pet Passport & Import Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Good day all, after years of pressure my parents agreed to have a dog at home. Fortunately a family friend has one that gave birth 8 weeks and 4 days ago.

I really don't know the breed but it looks like GSD. It was sleeping when I took the picture but right now it's eating.

Made eba and rolled with soup and some bones ( I remember seeing this at people's houses) and kept in a plate with water in another plate.

The name is Bullet and I'm entirely new to this, so I would need every possible help I can get.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by CrazyCrane: 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
Beautiful dog you got
How old is the dog
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
CrazyCrane:
Beautiful dog you got
How old is the dog

2 months and 4 days.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2020
So I went to the Vet this evening, so as to start off right and not risk the life of Bullet.

Apparently the previous owner has only gave it deworming medications. Got a card for him, which cost 1,000, did I fail to mention rain fell heavily this afternoon? Oh well right from when we took him, more reason why I kept him in my room with the windows closed and fan off.

I noticed he was kind of shaking a bit, not noticeable unless you stare. The vet took his temperature and found out he has fever. He said sooner than later, the drug will most likely fall sick. So had to give him antibiotics treatment, which cost 4,000. Bullet had to take 3 injections and I really felt for him.

After the treatment, which should be done by Tuesday, I can bring him for his first vaccination, which costs 4500.

Bought couple of dog things, a collar, chain, milk, food and soap. Honestly this is like having a new baby. "With great power comes great responsibility."

Currently he is sleeping at home, trying my best so his temperature won't escalate. Gifted him my wrapper I used back then in my fresher's years.

I have a lot to teach him, especially commands and potty training.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by ebonyoyas(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
U have done well.. nice pup u got
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by olamirewaju6190: 1:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Black and tan
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:44am On Dec 13, 2020
ebonyoyas:
U have done well.. nice pup u got

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Last night abi evening, gave him Indomie mixed with cooked kebab. It tired eating the kebab but I guess it was too strong for him. He rushed the indomie and kept playing with the welcome mat I made like a makeshift bed for him.

That same evening baba climbed my bed and starting taking a nap with me. Woke up in the night to check-up on him, he actually went down towards the door side to urinate and pool.

Tried pushing him on a leash and attaching to my window protector, so as to restrict it to the makeshift bed. Baba no gree oh, and I don't want to force him so I just removed it. Today I'll actually do a leash training for him, last night I used dog treat to try to teach him how to sit. He's learning it but not fully yet, with time I'll teach him additional command.

I have started cleaning and mopping my room, I've relocated him to the verandah. I no get strength to be cleaning this room everyday from piss. Once I'm done I'll give him his food mixed with the medication.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 8:20am On Dec 13, 2020
Baba is eating happily, any recommended feeding schedule? I have to feed it 4 times a day. Baba is rushing the food. Also any low cost feeding method that will be nutritious to him? I need him to be bigggg as possible.

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
We went shopping for Bullet. I feel he's not too strong, he's limping on one of his hind leg and I feel it's a result of the medicine.

We bought Apolo Dog Food Puppy 10.1kg ₦19,650. I got shampoo for him, Mucky Pups Flea Repellent Dog Shampoo #1,305. Got can feed, ₦685.

So how would I ration the dog food? Is just the Apolo feed enough or am I to mix it with anything? I want it to be as big as possible.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ehe currently he doesn't bark and I'm afraid he'll get too used to our neighbours who come around quite often, for football watching, playing game etc. It's quite a big number.

Yet to get a cage or build a dog house for him, if not I would have been limiting the people he stays around to just family members. I don't even keep him outside because I'm afraid the cold would kill him. Any pointers on this? I want him to be a good family pet and great security dog.

Also so as not to rush things, when is it best to start teaching him commands (I started but I feel he's not ready yet)? When can I start taking him for morning or evening walks? Kept collar on him but when I tried attaching a chain to it, baba no gree.

I'm also looking at a schedule for feeding so as to know what to give him and when.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by ebonyoyas(m): 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2020
Let him remain indoors till around 12 weeks , as for d command.. start now get ur pups attention.. socialization is cool but limit non family members frm touching ur puppy ... make sure he completes his vaccination B4 u start taking him on walks.. make him get used to d collar and leash now.. u can walk him around d compound so he can get used to walking on leash .. never bow to his stubbornness.. else he wuld turn out to be a handful.. note dogs re very smart ..peace!!
Daniel2802:
Ehe currently he doesn't bark and I'm afraid he'll get too used to our neighbours who come around quite often, for football watching, playing game etc. It's quite a big number.

Yet to get a cage or build a dog house for him, if not I would have been limiting the people he stays around to just family members. I don't even keep him outside because I'm afraid the cold would kill him. Any pointers on this? I want him to be a good family pet and great security dog.

Also so as not to rush things, when is it best to start teaching him commands (I started but I feel he's not ready yet)? When can I start taking him for morning or evening walks? Kept collar on him but when I tried attaching a chain to it, baba no gree.

I'm also looking at a schedule for feeding so as to know what to give him and when.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
ebonyoyas:
Let him remain indoors till around 12 weeks , as for d command.. start now get ur pups attention.. socialization is cool but limit non family members frm touching ur puppy ... make sure he completes his vaccination B4 u start taking him on walks.. make him get used to d collar and leash now.. u can walk him around d compound so he can get used to walking on leash .. never bow to his stubbornness.. else he wuld turn out to be a handful.. note dogs re very smart ..peace!!

Thanks a lot. I actually discovered baba urinated on my bed, after praising him oh. I'll confide him to the parlour, although I don't know how it'll turn out. Will make sure wires are out of reach. He has a thing for going to welcome rugs. I don't know if it's because of the doors or the rugs itself.

Today is Sunday so I didn't have much time for him. Just gave him food, he has been in the parlour. He will sleep, wake, walk around go back to sit, stay calm and repeat.

I'll tell them not to touch him though. I'll continue the commands then. He'll have his first vaccination on Tuesday, by then I'll be done with the antibiotics drugs for him.

For now the collar has been on him since morning but without the leash, I'll add it tomorrow and try to train him to love it. Read some tips online. Will have chance for the command too, starting with 'sit'. I hope it shines tomorrow so I can give him a bathe.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by ebonyoyas(m): 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
Sorry abt d pee on ur bed ..hehehe.. puppies are good at dat.. cant count how many times mine did dat..as for d commands .. u can start wit sit,come,go,go wiwi,go poo poo,stay..it's fun jst use any word dat will be comfortable for u.. remember always talk to ur puppy, reward him for good behaviour too.. Below is a thread I created for my pup also a German shepherd... He was 7 months old ystdy .. u can click on d link below.. peace !!

https://www.nairaland.com/5951853/meet-sable-german-shepherd

Daniel2802:

Thanks a lot. I actually discovered baba urinated on my bed, after praising him oh. I'll confide him to the parlour, although I don't know how it'll turn out. Will make sure wires are out of reach. He has a thing for going to welcome rugs. I don't know if it's because of the doors or the rugs itself.

Today is Sunday so I didn't have much time for him. Just gave him food, he has been in the parlour. He will sleep, wake, walk around go back to sit, stay calm and repeat.

I'll tell them not to touch him though. I'll continue the commands then. He'll have his first vaccination on Tuesday, by then I'll be done with the antibiotics drugs for him.

For now the collar has been on him since morning but without the leash, I'll add it tomorrow and try to train him to love it. Read some tips online. Will have chance for the command too, starting with 'sit'. I hope it shines tomorrow so I can give him a bathe.

1 Like

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
ebonyoyas:
Sorry abt d pee on ur bed ..hehehe.. puppies are good at dat.. cant count how many times mine did dat..as for d commands .. u can start wit sit,come,go,go wiwi,go poo poo,stay..it's fun jst use any word dat will be comfortable for u.. remember always talk to ur puppy, reward him for good behaviour too.. Below is a thread I created for my pup also a German shepherd... He was 7 months old ystdy .. u can click on d link below.. peace !!

https://www.nairaland.com/5951853/meet-sable-german-shepherd

Seen, it's so beautiful and big. I wish mine would get this big oh. I held the dry dog food when I was teaching it sit. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by ebonyoyas(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Thank u smiley smiley.. it will in no time
Daniel2802:

Seen, it's so beautiful and big. I wish mine would get this big oh. I held the dry dog food when I was teaching it sit. Thanks.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
ebonyoyas:
Thank u smiley smiley.. it will in no time

Any advice on the feeding method or food, thanks.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by ebonyoyas(m): 2:26am On Dec 14, 2020
It all depends on ur pocket
Daniel2802:

Any advice on the feeding method or food, thanks.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:30am On Dec 14, 2020
ebonyoyas:
It all depends on ur pocket

Hmmmm check above, do I need to add anything to the dry food? Something not expensive but nutritious though. E be like na out December money my pman dey use spend for this dog. grin
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by ebonyoyas(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2020
Supplements
Daniel2802:

Hmmmm check above, do I need to add anything to the dry food? Something not expensive but nutritious though. E be like na out December money my pman dey use spend for this dog. grin
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by mountmoriah(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Daniel2802:

nice one
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 12:34am On Dec 19, 2020
The vet doctor came around a day before yesterday and gave him his first vaccination shot. The DHLLP, something like that.

He's getting used to being chained now, in the beginning when I do that he'll just be crying and whining. Me being touched will now release him and all but I decided I'll have to ignore him if he's to learn to live with it. I still don't know how to walk him with a leash, most times I have to carry him to shift him from a spot. He's fond of tangling himself with the chain through the protector.

Oh he's fond of playing with our footwears oh, if I keep my shoes outside to enter the house, he'll just carry one leg with joy. He has learnt the 'sit' command.

My only issue with him is how to potty train him, I've been procrastinating watching a YouTube video about it.

1 Like

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Uzland: 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
How's our lil Bullet? I hope he's bouncing.smiley
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Eaglesence: 12:25am On Jan 02, 2021
Daniel2802:
Last night abi evening, gave him Indomie mixed with cooked kebab. It tired eating the kebab but I guess it was too strong for him. He rushed the indomie and kept playing with the welcome mat I made like a makeshift bed for him.

That same evening baba climbed my bed and starting taking a nap with me. Woke up in the night to check-up on him, he actually went down towards the door side to urinate and pool.

Tried pushing him on a leash and attaching to my window protector, so as to restrict it to the makeshift bed. Baba no gree oh, and I don't want to force him so I just removed it. Today I'll actually do a leash training for him, last night I used dog treat to try to teach him how to sit. He's learning it but not fully yet, with time I'll teach him additional command.

I have started cleaning and mopping my room, I've relocated him to the verandah. I no get strength to be cleaning this room everyday from piss. Once I'm done I'll give him his food mixed with the medication.

You can get a spray of vinegar and orange mixture he would not like to poop or wee in the areas you spray on.

Thank me later
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 12:47am On Mar 14, 2021
Uzland:
How's our lil Bullet? I hope he's bouncing.smiley

Yes he is. Sorry I haven't been dropping updates, I went back to school and he's at home.

So far the doctor has completed his injections for the year, so just normal checkups. Also he has overgrown his chain.

Been hearing good news of him.
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 12:47am On Mar 14, 2021
Eaglesence:

You can get a spray of vinegar and orange mixture he would not like to poop or wee in the areas you spray on.

Thank me later

Thanks
Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Eaglesence: 12:01am On Mar 20, 2021
Daniel2802:

Thanks

I see that the mixture worked.

You welcome any time

1 Like

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2021
Well I haven't updated in a while. Was away at school and dad decided to take him to a police training academy as he wants him to be a security dog.

I just came back home today and coincidence he brought Bullet back today. I'm overjoyed, by morning I'll take his photos. Baba still recognize me despite how big he has become.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Daniel2802(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2021
The pictures

4 Likes

Re: Meet Bullet, My First Ever Pet. by Haroldjunior: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2021
Fine dog

(1) (Reply)

See The World's Tallest Dog!!! PHOTOS / Tinubu In US: See Pictures Of Dogs Ringing Closing Bell At NASDAQ / Adult Male Pedigree Rottweiler For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.