Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Relocating To Canada - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relocating To Canada (2091 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Canada by charles009(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hello Folks,

I need your urgent advise. I am married with 2 toddlers and 2 infants.(4 kids)

I am currently an investment banker with a fairly good job.
I've saved up some cash in the range of =N=8m.

I've got a few questions please, all answers will be appreciated.

*would that sum be enough to travel and at least settle in Canada.
* what are my chances of getting a job
*how is life generally in Canada

Your advise would be appreciated please...
Re: Relocating To Canada by mardis: 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
First of all, have you gotten the job in Canada or you want to go and settle first before looking for job?
Re: Relocating To Canada by Colb461: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
checking the Canada express entry is one of the first step to take you would have all the first hand info to migrate..at least u can guaranty your children a sane environment to grow..good luck man
Re: Relocating To Canada by GoldCircle: 4:11am On Dec 13, 2020
Please post this question in the travel section. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Canada by GuyInTheMirror: 5:32am On Dec 13, 2020
charles009:

Hello Folks,

I need your urgent advise. I am married with 2 toddlers and 2 infants.(4 kids)

I am currently an investment banker with a fairly good job.
I've saved up some cash in the range of =N=8m.

I've got a few questions please, all answers will be appreciated.

*would that sum be enough to travel and at least settle in Canada.
* what are my chances of getting a job
*how is life generally in Canada

Your advise would be appreciated please...
I have just 2 questions for you, how old are you and what is your level of education ?
8 million naira is nothing these days with the exchange rate so it will not be enough for proof of funds.
Re: Relocating To Canada by charles009(m): 6:19am On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=GuyInTheMirror post=97012691]
I have just 2 questions for you, how old are you and what is your level of education ?
8 million naira is nothing these days with the exchange rate so it will not be enough for proof of funds.
[/quote)

Will be 36 next year.
I have 1Msc and 1 MBA
Re: Relocating To Canada by Mindlog: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=charles009 post=97013154][/quote]

Like earlier suggested, creating this thread in the travel section would attract more views and contributions as there are a good number of those who have already relocated and those still processing their relocation in that section.
Re: Relocating To Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:14am On Dec 13, 2020
Follow the express entry route o. You qualify for it. Don't mind the comment about getting a job there.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Canada by Gerrard59(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2020
You better look at raising more funds because that amount isn't enough as POF (proof of funds) for a family of six.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Canada by GuyInTheMirror: 8:40am On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=charles009 post=97013154][/quote]
Your age seems on the high side, you may wanna look at Provincial Nomination of Learning French to increase your crs score .
You will have to write ielts, TEF and do wes evaluation of your highest degree.
Again, you will need more than 8 million naira for a family of 6 for POF and processing.
Re: Relocating To Canada by charles009(m): 10:01am On Dec 13, 2020
Moved to travel section guys...
All contributions will he greatly appreciated..

Link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6311541/relocating-canada
Re: Relocating To Canada by Mineisgrace(f): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2020
You should post this in the travel section where you will get good response
Re: Relocating To Canada by cooooooks(m): 2:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
1. Is your wife also a graduate? Including OND/HND?

2. Can you/do you have some certified skills? Taking LinkedIn courses to certify skills you already have is a big plus.

3. Search the cities you are interested in on ca.indeed.com and see what jobs you like are available. Can you apply to those jobs? What do you need to apply to those jobs?

4. After answering the above, fill this out: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
Re: Relocating To Canada by MrToothBrush: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2020
Once naira is changed to euros the true value of 8million naira is revealed
Re: Relocating To Canada by fineboynl(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2020
the money is not enough for full family. you alone have to enter first before thinking of bringing in family.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Canada by eazzzy1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2020
Like other people advised, check the express entry route. It's not necessary to learn french, with your education and work experience you are very likely to qualify.

When you get to Canada make sure you go to school, even if its an eight month diploma, having Canadian education helps you land a better job faster.

You can also look at coming to study and then bringing your family after settling. Coming with your family may make you desperate to take on menial jobs to survive, better to come alone, do a two years Msc or MBA or PhD, get a three year post graduate work permit, big organizations are always recruiting from top institutions.

If you absolutely have to come with your family, you will need more than your 8m savings, you need a bigger house, daycare for the kids etc.
Re: Relocating To Canada by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chairman dey form Kingkong with 8million naira. Dat money na small change for dollars. You need to go first, balance on one leg if not on two legs, before you pack ur family.
Re: Relocating To Canada by SplendorEse: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
Daniel Damilola Nejo's Canada Visa Guide answers your questions

He gave a step by step guide on how to relocate to Canada using untapped visa route.

He also talked on how to get a settlement plan on arrival, including a job .

You should check it out yourself tho....

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? / See What ISIS Did To This Handsome Young Man (pix) / Help Me Before I Die.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.