Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists (512 Views)

2023: Why Masari Opted For Retirement, Ganduje Active Politics / Ex-Abia Finance Commissioner, Oriaku 'Dancing Naked In Market Square', By Nnamdi / Quit Active Politics, Be A Statesmen - Reporter tell Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by 9jaBlogger: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2020
Former Governor of Abia State and Senator representing Abia Central Senatorial District, Senator T.A. Orji, has for the umpteenth time restated his commitment to quit politics in 2023 “for the younger ones to take over”.

The Senator stated this Friday at the traditional wedding ceremony of former Miss Somtochukwu Favour Ezebuiro and Prince Nnanna Orji held at Umuajatta Olokoro in Umuahia South LGA, Igbere TV reports.

He told his listeners, “your future as Abians is bright. I have since decided to quit politics in 2023 so as to give way for all of you. If I don’t quit, there won’t be space for you. But I have to quit so that you can take over.

“I’ll support you in every way possible. You have all been supporting me since the inception of my political career, thank you so much for that; it’s the for me to support you in your own careers, too.”

While admonishing the couple, Senator T.A. Orji said they should focus on the Lord for all they need for their marriage to work stating that “the future is bright not only for them but also for every young Abian”.

“I congratulate you on this successful traditional wedding ceremony. Let me assure you that the future is bright. Don’t be afraid! The Lord will take control of everything”, the senator said.

Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by 9jaBlogger: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by Fvckhypocrite(f): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Noted
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by Kriss216: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2020
No one cares!
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by Abdul05: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by helinues: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2020
Toh

Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by Freestainworld(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2020
announcement as if he has done any relevant thing in Abia.
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2020
Ever seen a drunkard reject drinks?
Or a glutton reject food?
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by ThatFairGuy1: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2020
You ought to, you've been in Power, since 1999.

Meanwhile, You're quitting but your son is taking over from you, from speakership to Governor I guess.

Ndi Igbo won't see these set of greedy politicians in their Region(i.e Ekweremadu since 1999 in power till date), their problem is Tinubu who has left corridor of power since 2007
Re: I'll Quit Active Politics In 2023, Ex-abia Governor, Sen. Orji Insists by Rhapsodia: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2020
You should be giving us account of your the with you have done so far...not when u would retire and become a Godfather controlling those that will succeed you....

(1) (Reply)

Garba Sheu And Reno Omokri Exchange Words On Twitter Over Leah Sharibu / Ekiti 2022: Segun Oni Posters Flood Ekiti Streets / Why Tarok Nation Has Fearless Soldiers, Generals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.