Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? (1388 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 8:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Edited

Thanks everyone

Finally they contacted me on whatsapp and refunded me

Thank you guys for messaging him on my behalf

Nairalanders are the best

Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by zedegit: 8:26am On Dec 13, 2020
sad
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2020
Their office address says:

No 30 Ogunnusi Road, beside UBA, Ojodu Berger, Lagos.

My question is: how real is that address?
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by uncleck: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2020
Report to your bank

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6126267/scammed-should-report
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by Abfinest007(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2020
This people are bad they chose a loco to play
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2020
What explanation do they have for their website taken down?

Why are they not responding to messages on whatsapp?

Why are calls not going through to their lines?

Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2020
Latini02:

You bought PayPal fund at the rate of N490/$ and u were still scam. You would have just quietly go to Ecurrency thread here on Nairaland and locate a legit trader to deal with at a cheaper rate lesss than N400/$. Anyway, it's obvious u have been scammed by those cheap scammers that will take their time and create a website just to defraud such small amount. Your best bet is to report the account you paid to instantly so that the bank will put a lien on their accounts and if the money is still in their account, they won't be able to withdraw it, then you can now proceed to get a refund through the bank. Also u can report to EFCC and follow it up if u want them caught. But as for your money, the bank is your best best.

Ok.... I know i have to report to my bank and their bank but can i do that today on the phone or wait until i go to the bank tomorrow?

Won't tomorrow be too late?
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2020
uncleck:
Report to your bank

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6126267/scammed-should-report

Ok ... I will go through it

Thanks
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by badaru911: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2020
realpoacher:
I hope the mods can push this forward cos i need urgent help

Two days ago being friday 11th dec, 2020. I needed to buy paypal funds to pay for a gig on fiverr. I searched google for reputable exchangers in nigeria but sadly only a few were selling paypal amongst many. Monex.ng was part of them, i settled for them because of a few reviews, interactive website and price of N490/$1.

Yesterday being saturday, i registered on the site, uploaded my documents for verification and promptly paid the sum of 73,000 naira which is an equivalent of $148 to their GTB account

Account name: Praxis Media and Technology Ltd
Account Number: 0275937912

But after waiting for 3 hrs without funding, i messaged them on whatsapp 08055052847 with no reply, i called their mtn number 08035855818 but it said it doesn't exist. That was when my alarm bells went off. I searched for them on nairaland and found a moniker "Activefx" promoting them, i called the airtel number 08022362808 he posted and he picked. But he wasnt coherent and seem ignorant about paypal, exchanges and all, all he said is that i should pay for processing fee of extra 10k instead, i asked for explanation and he cut the call instead. He didn't pick my subsequent calls.
You can imaging my horrow when 10 minutes later after that call, even their website was taken down. I wonder what kind of professional scammers are these?

I don't need the paypal anymore, all i need is my 73k back and i will be grateful if anyone or institution can help me get my money back.

I wonder why Government will allow registration of businesses who roam about the web space scamming people of their hard earned money.

I have all the screenshots of my transactions with them.

Screenshots in the order below

1. My transfer receipt to their account

2. Their website before it was removed

3. My account on their website saying i ordered for $148 worth of paypal

4. Their office address in lagos
I dialed their mtn number and it rang... Just now.... , maybe you should call them up again.. But I'm not using them oooo.... So the number exist...
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by badaru911: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2020
realpoacher:

Ok ... I will go through it

Thanks
I'm chatting with them on their whatsapp and they are replying to me.. I have sent this link to them to come and defend themselves or address the issue...
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 13, 2020
73k is huge. Tomorrow isn't too late, go to their bank and your bank and ask to see the person in charge of the fraud unit. Tender all your evidences and I'm sure they will take your case serious.

Don't worry, since you paid to a bank account and not a btc wallet, the person can be traced. Even if they move the money, there will still be record of the account the money went into. Just follow the case up and be on the bank's neck all the time. Don't forget to tag CBN along also.
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by ActiveFx: 10:18am On Dec 13, 2020
Responding

1 Like

Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by ActiveFx: 10:19am On Dec 13, 2020
badaru911:

I'm chatting with them on their whatsapp and they are replying to me.. I have sent this link to them to come and defend themselves or address the issue...
Thanks
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2020
badaru911:

I dialed their mtn number and it rang... Just now.... , maybe you should call them up again.. But I'm not using them oooo.... So the number exist...

Really?...let me try
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by id911(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2020
Very easy to catch scammers these days. With just their account number you paid the money into, they're done with.
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 10:43am On Dec 13, 2020
badaru911:

Then why haven't they responded to me?

Their whatsapp number is Glo not mtn

You are chatting with the wrong number

Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by badaru911: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2020
realpoacher:

Then why haven't they responded to me?
Truly, I don't know....
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2020
ActiveFx:
Responding

Why are you not responding to me?

Why haven't you people funded my paypal account?

Why did you ask me to pay 10k for transfer charges yesterday?

Why did you ask me to call you back but u didn't pick my calls again?

Why is your website down the same day i paid for funding?

Please just refund me or credit my paypal account
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2020
badaru911:

The mtn i put initially is wrong...

This is the correct one 08035855815 and its switched off
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2020
I have sent a mail to both UBA and GTB

I copied cbn too

UBA has replied me with a ref code
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by ActiveFx: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2020
First, we apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

We do not work/complete Most transactions during weekends and it's stated on our website (You must have skipped that part). We are also not very active on WhatsApp during weekends. I just noticed your WhatsApp message now.

Our MTN number 08035855818 is an office line and only available Mondays to Friday, 9am - 5pm, that was why it wasn't reachable.

08022362808 does not belong to us (Possibly recycled by Airtel). Our number: 08055052847 and 08035855818.

Our website is up and running. It was down due to technical issues.

Pls send your account details on WhatsApp for a refund or allow us to complete your transaction tomorrow morning.

We have never scammed and will never scam.

4 Likes

Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by lende: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2020
realpoacher:
I have sent a mail to both UBA and GTB

I copied cbn too

UBA has replied me with a ref code

make sure u follow it up.. Cause u have been scammed .. He wants to use delay tactics by promising to refund which he isn't gonna do..
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by lende: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2020
ActiveFx:
First, we apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

We do not work/complete Most transactions during weekends and it's stated on our website (You must have skipped that part). We are also not very active on WhatsApp during weekends. I just noticed your WhatsApp message now.

Our MTN number 08035855818 is an office line and only available Mondays to Friday, 9am - 5pm, that was why it wasn't reachable.

08022362808 does not belong to us (Possibly recycled by Airtel). Our number: 08055052847 and 08035855818.

Our website is up and running. It was down due to technical issues.

Pls send your account details on WhatsApp for a refund or allow us to complete your transaction tomorrow morning.

We have never scammed and will never scam.
refund him jare
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by ActiveFx: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2020
lende:
refund him jare

To your account?
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by abeldiva(f): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
Social media can be so gullible that people neither dig nor read before concluding or complaining.

I went through the page on google and found out they don't work on weekends. If you make bank transaction n it doesn't go through, won't you wait till Monday to lay your complain?

It was clearly stated there, Monday - friday 8am -5pm.

I'm sorry, but you and people supporting this without investigating are dumb.
I sent a WhatsApp message, and twas replied.

If you can't be patient enough to read before trading, don't make transactions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
abeldiva:
Social media can be so gullible that people neither dig nor read before concluding or complaining.

I went through the page on google and found out they don't work on weekends. If you make bank transaction n it doesn't go through, won't you wait till Monday to lay your complain?

It was clearly stated there, Monday - friday 8am -5pm.

I'm sorry, but you and people supporting this without investigating are dumb.
I sent a WhatsApp message, and twas replied.

If you can't be patient enough to read before trading, don't make transactions.

I don't blame you, its not your money thats at stake, so you can sit comfortably in your room and type away even if they didn't respond to you after 24 hrs

Anyways i thank God they have responded to me finally and refunded me.. Thats my joy
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
lende:
make sure u follow it up.. Cause u have been scammed .. He wants to use delay tactics by promising to refund which he isn't gonna do..

Thanks jare... He has just refunded me
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by realpoacher(m): 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Latini02:

You bought PayPal fund at the rate of N490/$ and u were still scam. You would have just quietly go to Ecurrency thread here on Nairaland and locate a legit trader to deal with at a cheaper rate lesss than N400/$. Anyway, it's obvious u have been scammed by those cheap scammers that will take their time and create a website just to defraud such small amount. Your best bet is to report the account you paid to instantly so that the bank will put a lien on their accounts and if the money is still in their account, they won't be able to withdraw it, then you can now proceed to get a refund through the bank. Also u can report to EFCC and follow it up if u want them caught. But as for your money, the bank is your best best.

I am open to consider this option... Do you have legit traders to recommend here?
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by jydo34547: 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
I have sent a mail to both UBA and GTBI copied cbn tooUBA has replied me with a ref code
Re: Thank you, I ve got My Money Back? by abeldiva(f): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
After reporting to banks.
After staining their image for your impatient.
Don't do online trading, cos you can't take what's in it.

I understand how you feel, but your impatient caused this.
See how impatient and anxious you are.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Shall I Invest In Taiwan With $20,000? / My Ideas Are Wasting Away: Please Advice Me! / How To Discover A Profitable Niche-fertile Internet Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.