Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? (4527 Views)

If HIV Is Sexually Transmitted, How Did The First Person Get It / Doctors In The House, How Did You Gain Admission To Study Medicine And Surgery? / ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Calabar1stSon: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
Raydos:

They were smarter than you, and that explains why they colonized you, While Africans were still running in village naked, European already had Well planned Cities with great architecture, They invented most of the things we used today, Trains, Cars, Skyscrapers, Aeroplane's, Guns, Television, E.t.c Including that phone you're using!

Tell me one thing Africa has contributed to the Growth of the world aside consuming everything??
We invented GULLIBILITY

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by rowland545(m): 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
Give our darling daddy hong Kong to rule for 7days and he will turn it to somalia

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by ItsTutsi(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2020
I did my Masters there... pictures can never do justice to that country!! to say its extremely beautiful is an understatement!!

I have been to nothing less than 13 countries, but HK is by far the most beautiful one

2 Likes

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by owobokiri(m): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
TruthHurts1:
It's a bit unfair and it fails to acknowledge the sheer brilliance and hard work of the people of Hong Kong to write off their success as simply being the result of Western influence.

Other small countries like Singapore and Taiwan (which is de facto an independent country) have also to a large extent replicated the achievements of Hong Kong.

I

You are right. Could be the way I phrased my post in the afternoon..But I did mention that they do have examplary work ethics.. Obviously, the point I was trying to make was that the Hong Kong colony benefitted a lot from being in the western sphere of influence during those years of ideological confrontations between the Communists and the capitalists.. That said, Hong Kong trained a lot of her citizens in management/finance courses abroad. This helped to solidify her position as a financial/commercial capital in Asia..

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by owobokiri(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Raydos:

They were smarter than you, and that explains why they colonized you, While Africans were still running in village naked, European already had Well planned Cities with great architecture, They invented most of the things we used today, Trains, Cars, Skyscrapers, Aeroplane's, Guns, Television, E.t.c Including that phone you're using!

Tell me one thing Africa has contributed to the Growth of the world aside consuming everything??

You start a good thread, then you whimsically turn it into a bashing fest..., blasting Africa to smithereens.. it's unnecessary. You need to read a lot of African history tho.. Take it from me, you will be stunned with the level of relative sophistication witnessed in different African societies pre colonialism.
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by BennyDGreat: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
Look at a place that most likely doesn't have natural resources like most parts of Nigeria. Lord have mercy!
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by mrjojo: 1:25am On Dec 14, 2020
Raydos:

I was just telling someone this a few minutes ago. From language to technology to science,A black man has no reasonable contribution to humanity as a whole. Nada!!

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by mrjojo: 1:35am On Dec 14, 2020
owobokiri:

You start a good thread, then you whimsically turn it into a bashing fest..., blasting Africa to smithereens.. it's unnecessary. You need to read a lot of African history tho.. Take it from me, you will be stunned with the level of relative sophistication witnessed in different African societies pre colonialism.
this isn't bashing, this is pure fact. Let's talk, pre-colonialism you say?
What has been a black man contribution to modernization ? We should be thankful for colonization.

From the barbaric killing of twins in calabar. To human sacrifice in oyo to even this English we are writing.

Please leave Egypt out of it, cos last time I checked they are the only "African" country with some form of pre-colonialism technological advancement.

Please let's have a civil conversation, I really want to learn

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 6:27am On Dec 14, 2020
owobokiri:

I hate hearing this usual trash all the time, If Africa were that great Pre-colonialism as you claimed, if they were smart enough, They wouldn't have been colonized at all!!

Africa is the only continent that suffered from slavery the most, As a matter of fact, Our great grandfather's sold their fellow black men to white men in exchange for Mirrors!!

Stop defending this rubbish, Africans were never smart right from the beginning!!

2 Likes

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Hushbingo: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2020
Raydos:
the region maintains a regulated border with the rest of the China. All travellers between Hong Kong and China and Macau must pass through border controls, regardless of nationality. Mainland Chinese citizens do not have right of abode in Hong Kong and are subject to immigration controls.

Write a letter to Buhari
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by owobokiri(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2020
Raydos:

I hate hearing this usual trash all the time, If Africa were that great Pre-colonialism as you claimed, if they were smart enough, They wouldn't have been colonized at all!!

Africa is the only continent that suffered from slavery the most, As a matter of fact, Our great grandfather's sold their fellow black men to white men in exchange for Mirrors!!

Stop defending this rubbish, Africans were never smart right from the beginning!!
Just say you were never smart from the get go and we're fine but don't dare lump me into that self depreciating rant cos I have no interest in that. The Jews were enslaved! They would have been scattered all over the world today if the west didn't take good steps to forcefully repatriate them back to where they are today. Its that help that led to the creation of the Zionist state, one of the most powerful states today in the world.
Africans were not the only ones enslaved in history! Whites enslaved fellow whites, blacks enslaved fellow blacks! Bad as that maybe, it was a historical reality at a point across races! Trans Atlantic trade became so obvious because of the remarkable color distinction and racism that came with it. Africa had thriving empires! Evolving empires that were home grown, the same way empires grew elsewhere.

Yes, some other cultures fast tracked the process of modernising their cultural tools, and they should be commended for that. But if that makes you feel you are genetically inferior, that's your own kettle of fish.. I have travelled around too well to know it's a culture thing and has little to do with skin color. . 30 years ago, the world was laughing at the Chinese for their poverty and bicycle culture. Who drives the best cars and build the best gadgets today!? China! But nextdoor to China is Laos! A country sharing the same Asian ancestry with other progressive Asian countries but still lacking in all sorts of developmental indices like some African states. South Korea and north Korea? The same people, different political/economic allignments.., different results... What am I even doing here trying to prove to you that I'm human enough? Bros, go and read your history..,

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 7:45am On Dec 14, 2020
ItsTutsi:
I did my Masters there... pictures can never do justice to that country!! to say its extremely beautiful is an understatement!!

I have been to nothing less than 13 countries, but HK is by far the most beautiful one

Wow!! You're so lucky, Hongkong is a nice place, But I really don't get what's happening there right now, Are they having issues with the Chinese Government??

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by RedPanthar: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2020
Front page material mods

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

MrKnowItAll
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by theFilmtric: 9:12am On Dec 14, 2020
mrjojo:
I was just telling someone this a few minutes ago. From language to technology to science,A black man has no reasonable contribution to humanity as a whole. Nada!!
Very untrue
Make research
Start with my signature

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by theFilmtric: 9:14am On Dec 14, 2020
Raydos:

Wow!! You're so lucky, Hongkong is a nice place, But I really don't get what's happening there right now, Are they having issues with the Chinese Government??
Yeah
Pro-democracy/independence protests

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by theFilmtric: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2020
owobokiri:

Just say you were never smart from the get go and we're fine but don't dare lump me into that self depreciating rant cos I have no interest in that. The Jews were enslaved! They would have been scattered all over the world today if the west didn't take good steps to forcefully repatriate them back to where they are today. Its that help that led to the creation of the Zionist state, one of the most powerful states today in the world.
Africans were not the only ones enslaved in history! Whites enslaved fellow whites, blacks enslaved fellow blacks! Bad as that maybe, it was a historical reality at a point across races! Trans Atlantic trade became so obvious because of the remarkable color distinction and racism that came with it. Africa had thriving empires! Evolving empires that were home grown, the same way empires grew elsewhere.

Yes, some other cultures fast tracked the process of modernising their cultural tools, and they should be commended for that. But if that makes you feel you are genetically inferior, that's your own kettle of fish.. I have travelled around too well to know it's a culture thing and has little to do with skin color. . 30 years ago, the world was laughing at the Chinese for their poverty and bicycle culture. Who drives the best cars and build the best gadgets today!? China! But nextdoor to China is Laos! A country sharing the same Asian ancestry with other progressive Asian countries but still lacking in all sorts of developmental indices like some African states. South Korea and north Korea? The same people, different political/economic allignments.., different results... What am I even doing here trying to prove to you that I'm human enough? Bros, go and read your history..,
Let him be
He doesn't know his history
I dislike white-worshiping peopleangry
Most people think the whites brought “civilization” but that's a bare-faced lie!

theFilmtricsay

1 Like

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by owobokiri(m): 9:27am On Dec 14, 2020
theFilmtric:

Let him be
He doesn't know his history
I dislike white-worshiping peopleangry
Most people think the whites brought “civilization” but that's a bare-faced lie!

theFilmtricsay
It's frustrating... Tired trying to explain to folks in different threads how it works... I don't know why self hate is so rife amongst my people.. I can understand folks being frustrated with the situation of things, but folks gleefully accepting they are not human beings!? I can't deal..
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2020
theFilmtric:

Yeah
Pro-democracy/independence protests

theFilmtricsay

I don't get it, Independence in the sense that, They want to be alone without being lumped together with china??
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by theFilmtric: 11:04am On Dec 14, 2020
Raydos:

I don't get it, Independence in the sense that, They want to be alone without being lumped together with china??
Yeah
Independence from mainland china

theFilmtricsay
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2020
More

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Hongkong

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2020
Cable cars in Hongkong

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 11:27am On Dec 14, 2020
theFilmtric:

Yeah
Independence from mainland china

theFilmtricsay

Oh I get it now, They've been protesting since early this year!!
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2020
More

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by mjconcept(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raydos:

Raydos:

You started this trend on a good note, and I was enjoying it till I came across this post. This singular post of yours summarizes the mindset of most average Nigerian and Africans in general - self hate/inferiority complex which is as a result of miseducation and whitewashed of African history - which has sadly limited our thoughts process.

Africa, pre colonial era had well structured cities and empires - Ghana, Mali, Songhai, Benin, Bornu, Igbos etc that can be compared head-to-head to most European countries of that time. But, how we declined in the later century to where we are today was/is as a result of foreign Religion introduced by foreigners in Africa.

The Conversion of Malis' ruling class to Islam was a turning point to the destruction of that empire as successive emperors launched different holy war to forcefully convert weaker countries to Islam thereby weakening that once beautiful and prosperous empire. Songhai followed suit and ended up the same way as her predecessor.

As these empires crumbed, the hinterlands became vunerable to attacks and later large scale capturing and movement of slaves ever known to humanity took place onwards till mid 19th century.

Africa had beautiful historical heritage and people,and all we need right now is to tell our stories by ourselves else we will keep running around in a cycle.
Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by Raydos: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hong kong

Re: How Did Hongkong Become So Successful? by emmykingsok(m): 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
You're absolutely right @OP, Hong Kong is highly developed. currently running a program in HK and I must confess that with the few places I have visited here and things I have seen, these guys are miles ahead of us. the one blowing mind is their transportation system, so efficient.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neco Pay Examiners Their Marking Pay / Forbidden Truth About Christianity And The Bible / Unilorin Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.