Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts (15615 Views)

4 Newborn Babies Die In Sapele Central Hospital, Delta. Doctor ‘Found Drunk’ / Medical Experts Say Nigeria Loses Over ₦576 Billion Yearly To Medical Tourism / Newborn Baby Grabs Doctor's Shirt And Refuses To Let Go Seconds After Birth (Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts by Blackdisciple(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
It's crazy when I see people kissing babies walai
Re: Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts by Enyari: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
honourablelumis:
What about giving a day old baby, original Ògôgórò during harmattan?

You've got to be kidding.
Re: Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts by Thecompleteheal(m): 6:57am On Dec 19, 2020
Herpes Virus is often terminal to newborns l as it leaves them with Herpes Encephalitis and other dire brain issues.

You Can read this article as it explains broadly about the topic.

https://www.herpescurecare.com/the-insiders-guide-to-neonatal-herpes-simplex/

ceaser:
Not just viral meningitis but also oral herpes (kissing virus), the latter more common as many visitors would want to innocently carry the baby and give it a peck. You can't blame them for wanting to do so though, Yorùbás have an adage which says that "no sensible person hates a newly born, they are usually a joyful sight to behold"

And you may update the list with the novel Corona "birus" covid-19.

Modified: I eventually read thru the report to see that Herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) has been mentioned.

For those who kpansh indiscriminately, know that there is genital herpes caused by HSV-2, it is an STI and used to be strictly so until recently when you now have the anomaly of HSV-1 (that used to be sole cause of oral herpes) now causing genital herpes, and vice versa with HSV-2

The cause of this anomaly: Oral s3x

And on the flip side, to those cursing people because they are happy to see and touch a newborn, well I've got news for you. Getting a newborn exposed to some environmental microbes may be beneficial in the long term, some findings have suggested.

It was discovered that there has been increased rate of diseases such as Peptic Ulcer Disease, obesity, allergies and a couple of others I can't really recall now amongst children of the 21st century. Reason was adduced to the fact that Ceaserean section has become the common means of child delivery and children born via CS tend to have these problems in higher proportion.

The logic behind this: the human immune system has two types namely the innate immunity and the adaptive immunity. The innate are your skin, integuments and mucous membranes, digestive juice of the mouth, acid of the stomach and these are just basic while the adaptive are principally cellular and humoral with a large chunk of it in the blood, and of course are more versatile. The "adaptive" as the name suggests is designed to adapt, change and morph as needed and according to the prevailing situation. Think of it as a photosensory cells of the skin of the chameleon that changes according to the incident colour it gets exposed to.

But unlike the innate (inborn) immunity which has just a basic degree/qualification/B.Sc, the "adaptation" of the adaptive immunity needs to be trained to attain a professional/specialized status/P.hD. This training involves exposure to various stimuli in form of all kinds of microbes. Think of this as the way your antigen based vaccine works. With prior exposure to a microbe comes the ability for faster response, attack and eventual defeat of such microbe on subsequent exposure.

The mother's birth canal is filled with various good microbes and bad microbes. The good ones are constantly present to keep in check the bad ones from overgrowth/overpopulation which may lead to things such as bacterial vaginosis and some other like that. These microbes especially the good ones are also there for the baby. In utero, the amniotic sac (birth sac/bag) ensures that the milieu of the baby is completely sterile (free from germs). At birth, this birth bag will first need to be broken and that is when you see that water comes out of the mother's "vaga-ina" (in the dicktator's voice - the dictator is a comedy movie you should see). With this breakage, the baby is no longer protected from the environment filled with good and bad bugs and especially exposure to the good bugs which is desirable. If he is not quickly delivered within minutes to hours, the bad bugs can also get access and that's the problem that isn't desirable.

During delivery per vaga-ina, the movement of the baby thru the birth canal ensures that it carries with it the whole gamut of microbes that is in the mother's vaga-ina, a recipé to provide for the child some level of adaptive immunity being the first ever, naturally designed microbe it is exposed to. This exposure helps it to formulate some body mechanisms and processes that guide against some issues like PUDx, obesity etc amongst other things.

Cesarean section bypasses all these natural selective processes so babies born via CS might not have the opportunity of getting the whole recipé or "microbe soup" during birth.

Aside the issue of CS, another issue that has contributed to increased PUDx amongst twentieth century dudes is the increased use of antibiotics. Some bugs are meant to be in the gastrointestinal system as protectors but indiscriminate use of antibiotics kill these good bugs giving way for the only bug able to stay cool in the acidic environment of the stomach (bad guy Helicobacter pylori) and the only implicated microbe in gastritis, PUDx and gastric cancer to flourish and well, have its way.

I hope someone has been educated this morning.
Re: Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts by ceaser: 7:22am On Dec 19, 2020
ceaser:
Not just viral meningitis but also oral herpes (kissing virus), the latter more common as many visitors would want to innocently carry the baby and give it a peck. You can't blame them for wanting to do so though, Yorùbás have an adage which says that "no sensible person hates a newly born, they are usually a joyful sight to behold"

And you may update the list with the novel Corona "birus" covid-19.

Modified: I eventually read thru the report to see that Herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) has been mentioned.

For those who kpansh indiscriminately, know that there is genital herpes caused by HSV-2, it is an STI and used to be strictly so until recently when you now have the anomaly of HSV-1 (that used to be sole cause of oral herpes) now causing genital herpes, and vice versa with HSV-2

The cause of this anomaly: Oral s3x

And on the flip side, to those cursing people because they are happy to see and touch a newborn, well I've got news for you. Getting a newborn exposed to some environmental microbes may be beneficial in the long term, some findings have suggested.

It was discovered that there has been increased rate of diseases such as Peptic Ulcer Disease, obesity, allergies and a couple of others I can't really recall now amongst children of the 21st century. Reason was adduced to the fact that Ceaserean section has become the common means of child delivery and children born via CS tend to have these problems in higher proportion.

The logic behind this: the human immune system has two types namely the innate immunity and the adaptive immunity. The innate are your skin, integuments and mucous membranes, digestive juice of the mouth, acid of the stomach and these are just basic while the adaptive are principally cellular and humoral with a large chunk of it in the blood, and of course are more versatile. The "adaptive" as the name suggests is designed to adapt, change and morph as needed and according to the prevailing situation. Think of it as a photosensory cells of the skin of the chameleon that changes according to the incident colour it gets exposed to.

But unlike the innate (inborn) immunity which has just a basic degree/qualification/B.Sc, the "adaptation" of the adaptive immunity needs to be trained to attain a professional/specialized status/P.hD. This training involves exposure to various stimuli in form of all kinds of microbes. Think of this as the way your antigen based vaccine works. With prior exposure to a microbe comes the ability for faster response, attack and eventual defeat of such microbe on subsequent exposure.

The mother's birth canal is filled with various good microbes and bad microbes. The good ones are constantly present to keep in check the bad ones from overgrowth/overpopulation which may lead to things such as bacterial vaginosis and some other like that. These microbes especially the good ones are also there for the baby. In utero, the amniotic sac (birth sac/bag) ensures that the milieu of the baby is completely sterile (free from germs). At birth, this birth bag will first need to be broken and that is when you see that water comes out of the mother's "vaga-ina" (in the dicktator's voice - the dictator is a comedy movie you should see). With this breakage, the baby is no longer protected from the environment filled with good and bad bugs and especially exposure to the good bugs which is desirable. If he is not quickly delivered within minutes to hours, the bad bugs can also get access and that's the problem that isn't desirable.

During delivery per vaga-ina, the movement of the baby thru the birth canal ensures that it carries with it the whole gamut of microbes that is in the mother's vaga-ina, a recipé to provide for the child some level of adaptive immunity being the first ever, naturally designed microbe it is exposed to. This exposure helps it to formulate some body mechanisms and processes that guide against some issues like PUDx, obesity etc amongst other things.

Cesarean section bypasses all these natural selective processes so babies born via CS might not have the opportunity of getting the whole recipé or "microbe soup" during birth.

Aside the issue of CS, another issue that has contributed to increased PUDx amongst twentieth century dudes is the increased use of antibiotics. Some bugs are meant to be in the gastrointestinal system as protectors but indiscriminate use of antibiotics kill these good bugs giving way for the only bug able to stay cool in the acidic environment of the stomach (bad guy Helicobacter pylori) and the only implicated microbe in gastritis, PUDx and gastric cancer to flourish and well, have its way.

I hope someone has been educated this morning.

Thecompleteheal:
Herpes Virus is often terminal to newborns l as it leaves them with Herpes Encephalitis and other dire brain issues.

You Can read this article as it explains broadly about the topic.

https://www.herpescurecare.com/the-insiders-guide-to-neonatal-herpes-simplex/

I had to go thru my post again to see if there was any place I inadvertently succinctly stated that newborns should be exposed to HSV.

Apparently you misunderstood my intention. You may need to go thru it again to understand better my position on the matter, and of course a little more info.
Re: Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts by RonniegG: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2021
When my herpes started interfering with my daily life. And my lips always bother me every damn day. I remember going to the hospital when I was around 25 years old cuz my whole lips were burning like hell. And a nurse came to the waiting lobby and said sorry there are no doctors here. So I had to go back home. My lips were burning like hell and I felt so uncomfortable that night so I turned to the internet where I found (multivitamin herbal cure cape town) . I am 40 years old.This virus has been totally eliminated with their herbal system , My lips were messed up. They are okay when I apply chapstick, but if I don’t apply chapstick they will get tight and dry and ashy and the skin will get burnt and hard. And they always feel tingly. The burning sensation stopped after that day I started their herbal cure.  I don’t want to walk around with glossy lips. I’m a man. I don’t know what would have heal me from this virus if not for the product. I took a comprehensive STD blood test last week again and everything came out negative.,contact > www . multivitamincare .org today Call Us (or SMS): +1 (956) 758-7882 they have the right treatment to STD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You No A Big Pharmacy In Lagos / Man Abandoned At Cele Busstop In Egbeda Now Admitted At Alimoso Hospital / Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.