Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria (43877 Views)

My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) / Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria 2. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
If you listen to the news too much, you think Nigeria is a war zone

Some parts are obviously warzones...go and read his comments again. He was even attacked.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by kenmaro: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
Alphamale101:
It's like most northern state have good road than other part of the country

Less heavy duty vehicular movements on inner roads like what we have in places like Lagos.

Also, more patriotic services from the northern leaders to their people unlike the southern politicians. That is; they ensure quality delivery even though there might be some embezzlement unlike the southern politicians that will completely embezzle project allocations and end up delivering poor quality substandard projects.

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Tannhauser(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
shocked
Very nice one brotherly, you sha get mind.
One of the most enjoyable threads of 2020 cool
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by eedimo(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
thesicilian:
That UNIMED gate's got to be the worst university gate in the world
That's not true.
Unimaid has 5 Gates
That's gate 2 not the main gate.

3 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Godons1: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
tellsblinks:

And I'm sure the last picture is chief task force grin

No, they are not Government tax collectors. They are jobless touts. Every IGBO MAN from ONITSHA AND ABA will be familiar with the last picture. Thosé guys are touts who mount tollgates along foot paths withing the City. You must pay between #100 and #200 before you are allowed to pass. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by SpecialNwa: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2020
No trip to kano? Ur tour no complete be that
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by isaacsegun(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
kenmaro:

Less heavy duty vehicular movements on inner roads like what we have in places like Lagos.

Also, more patriotic services from the northern leaders to their people unlike the southern politicians. That is; they ensure quality delivery even though there might be some embezzlement unlike the southern politicians that will completely embezzle project allocations and end up delivering poor quality substandard projects.
You are on point. But the main reason they are having good roads is because of their topography and soil. If you are constructing for example, a kilometer road in North, the cost of that a kilometer road will be 3 times in southern Nigeria of equivalent distance due to the marshy soil and topography (rocks, needs to construct Bridges etc)

3 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Ashnoor(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
I have always been wanting to visit that axis someday, thank you for making me believe it's not a bad idea after all. I know there is more of goodness than crisis
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Emmahunk(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2020
LordFarquaad:
Large swathes of land yearning for nollywood to make use as setting.
I do watch Hollywood and see natural landscape used as setting in blockbuster movies...

So they will be kidnapped abi?

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
Very interesting read, dear Op.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by shugabasbn: 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
Alphamale101:
It's like most northern state have good road than other part of the country

Before nko. Especially the NE side
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by shugabasbn: 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2020
aieromon:

Is this the main Baga Fish Market? I never knew Baga Town was now open to the public.

Nice thread.

Baga before the big boiz took over used to be the center of anything fish in Nigeria. Aside politics and religion barbarism North is sweet
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
tellsblinks:
Op why's your name online farm? What do you do?

~Training & Consultancy.
~ Farm Setup & Support.
~ Greenhouses & Mobile Farming.
~ Sales Of Organic Farm Produce.
~ Organic Pesticides & Insecticide.
~ Worldwide Service.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
bro the fear of boko haram is the beginning of wisdom o.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Jocknom(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
This place wey I withdraw money on my way to zing August the charge me and still collect money from my hand.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by thatigboman: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Op, the real North dey inside North....
Why not go over to Borno,I go like see you snap you photo for there..
he did. Unimed is university of maiduguri naa
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
The Beauty Of The Sahel.......

#yobe state. #potiskum , #yobestate home to some of the major food outlet in Sahel West Africa.

Pic 1. Visit to Gwari Market, Where you will find all manner of dried food stuffs including fresh ones. Dried #pepper is mainly gotten from here.

Pic 2. My stop over at Hatsi Market, the largest grain market in that axis, trucks from all part of Nigeria come here, infact, this is the hq of Beans, Rice, & Groundnuts.
(You could see the heap of beans behind me).

Pic 3.My visit to Kasuwa Shanu(Cattle Market).Any animal you want is available here, majority of goat consumed comes from here. It is the largest Cattle Market in Sahel West Africa.

What did you here about Yobe state? Let's hear in the comment section.

Pls try to visit the museum in Damaturu where the dufuna canoe is kept. Show pics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Lekan239(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Op, the real North dey inside North....
Why not go over to Borno,I go like see you snap you photo for there..
you didn't even rrad the post

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2020
I am in Jos ,building materials...
The cold here is bad, I am going back to Lagos, no place like home

1 Like

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by ranksz: 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
Bro, I need a contact of someone in Maiduguri, can you help with that?

1 Like

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Henri8: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
The concept is to change the view of the north east.

Started Today Dec. 13 2020,

Start off point: Jos, Plateau State,

First Call Point: Numan, Adamawa state

Stop: Kangere, Bauchi State, Gombi state and Adamawa
You were in Numan and you didn't hala me?
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Henri8: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
My #yola tour in pictures...... Am really loving this town, I literally drank 5ltrs of water in a space of 3hrs...... The temperature was 38°c

Yola has lots of roundabouts.....more than Jos.

Pic 3. Donkey roundabout.

Pic 1. Cow roundabout (Mai Shanu roundabout).

Pic 2. Calabash Roundabout.

Get set!!! We shall bring you all the beauty of the North East!!!!
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Henri8: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
My #yola tour in pictures...... Am really loving this town, I literally drank 5ltrs of water in a space of 3hrs...... The temperature was 38°c

Yola has lots of roundabouts.....more than Jos.

Pic 3. Donkey roundabout.

Pic 1. Cow roundabout (Mai Shanu roundabout).

Pic 2. Calabash Roundabout.

Get set!!! We shall bring you all the beauty of the North East!!!!
Last photo is airport roundabout.

Second one is Yola town roundabout.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Henri8: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
Drizzy5001:
Op, you tried I stay in yola, Adamawa state, foodstuffs dey cheaper here, though the sun is very harsh... But bros u dey take risk, I don dey north for Almost 20 years now, I will never visit Maiduguri. grin
What is wrong with Yola?

Yola is very very safe.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Henri8: 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
IMAliyu:

The Yola heat is not easy.
At least you didn't visit during the heat season. To experience the 45°C temps.
Let him revisit in February or March.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by jaszplus12(m): 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
LordFarquaad:
I nearly thought that was a live cow behind you.
I would have helped you to faint o! I had to have a second look myself!

1 Like

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by tellsblinks(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

~Training & Consultancy.
~ Farm Setup & Support.
~ Greenhouses & Mobile Farming.
~ Sales Of Organic Farm Produce.
~ Organic Pesticides & Insecticide.
~ Worldwide Service.

I thought maybe you follow trailer

3 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by hstar: 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
bishopkay:

I swear the thing pain me no be small. I was happily savoring up contents of the thread then boom! The zombie's comment at the last page. It made me lose interest immediately on reading further
Upon seeing the pussybbqgrill comment in the last section, I just stopped reading again and dislike the thread

That guy is a poison

3 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by dave4rella(m): 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nice thread

North is safe, I was in Sokoto and kebbi this November and I really had fun

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by nkemdi89(f): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
Feel the beauty in Gombe, the vast lands with the diverse cultural heritage.....

Welcome to the Jewel in the Savannah!!

what a wonderful experience.
Bring gorantula for me .

1 Like

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Ade3131: 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
aieromon:

Is this the main Baga Fish Market? I never knew Baga Town was now open to the public.

Nice thread.

Don't get it wrong. There's different between the fish market along Baga road and Baga town itself. That road is filled with NA and JTF that year wey I go Maiduguri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Countries You've Been Mispronouncing Your Entire Life / Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Obituary Of A Family Killed In Accident In Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.