Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home (20740 Views)

Van Diyk Loses His First Premier League Game At Anfield After 4 Years / Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by ogbiwa: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2020
Granit Xhaka was dismissed for violent conduct as a desperately poor Arsenal side were jeered off by their own supporters after being stunned by Premier League strugglers Burnley.

Defeat meant Mikel Arteta's side have now lost four straight league games at home for the first time in 61 years.

Gunners skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's wretched run of form continued as he failed to score at the right end - and headed an own goal at the other end.

Burnley's winner came after Xhaka was dismissed on 58 minutes for grabbing the throat of Clarets midfielder Ashley Westwood - the Swiss midfielder given a red card after referee Graham Scott reviewed the incident on the pitch-side monitor.

The statistics make for equally unpleasant reading.

Arsenal's ineffectiveness in front of goal has now seen them go 12 hours and 32 minutes in the premier league without scoring from open play.

See the other unwanted records they've broken:

✓Defeat means Arsenal have now lost four straight league games at home for the first time in 61 years.

✓With four wins and a draw after 12 games, this is their worst start to a top-flight season since 1974-75, when they had won two and drawn three.

✓Burnley have claimed their first top-fight victory over Arsenal since September 1974, ending a 15-game winless run against the Gunners (D4 L11).

✓Arsenal's tally of 10 goals after 12 Premier League games is their lowest at this stage of a top-flight season since 1981-82 (8 goals).

✓Arsenal have received six Premier League red cards since Mikel Arteta's first game in charge in December 2019, double that of any other side in this time.

✓Since Granit Xhaka's Premier League debut in August 2016, only Manchester City's Fernandinho (4) has received more red cards in the competition than the Swiss midfielder (3).

✓Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's own goal was the first time Arsenal have conceded via a set-piece this season, becoming the 20th and final team to do so.

✓Aubameyang's own goal was also the first he has scored in his professional career

✓Arsenal attempted 18 shots against Burnley, the most the Gunners have had in a home Premier League game without scoring since February 2016 (22 v Southampton).

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55204250

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Designtobuild: 8:30am On Dec 14, 2020
Lauren: I need to retire from my meme career

Xhaka: Say no more

PS: See my signature if you need a good house plan

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by YoonSung75: 8:30am On Dec 14, 2020
Arsenal the heart breaker

9 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Jashub: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2020
Arsenal na club? Mtchww

14 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Favemmzar200(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2020
Gfd
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by slawormiir: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by BHUHARiE: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2020
DAMNNN NIGGARRR
IS2BAHDDDD
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by gunners160(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2020
troll me as you want, last last Chelsea ,Man u and Man city no go carry the EPL , so wetin you gain.
An Arteta is far far beta than a Solksjear that can't even get a draw to qualify for round of 16 an a Lampard that spent millions on players but can't get result

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Marvieduke(f): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2020
What a shame for them, when they sideline ozil from the team did they expect anything good to come out the club. Arteta should just be kicked out of the club too.

17 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by whytediamond(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2020
Vv
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2020
They had good times, there are good and bad times; but Arsenal fans are really strong-hearted o wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Record breakers
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2020
angry
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by potent5(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Aubameyang was told by his witch doctor that he can get back to form if he scored an own goal first.

grin angry angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Maxikenna: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Very funny team
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by alphaRego01(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2020
Congrats
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Ronaldinho10(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2020
arsenal is worst this season

2 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by dalywt6: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2020
embarassed
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Madibah(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2020
I can't advice my enemy to support arsenal
Such an unfortunate team

7 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2020
up Gunners

it still baffles me why one would be an arsenal fan as a Nigeria

super eagles + arsenal. bro you wan kill urself with tension and depression?

11 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by prodev986: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2020
Na wa o
Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by CreativeBam: 8:42am On Dec 14, 2020
Sack Arteta, please.

Him no learn well.

3 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Starboytwo(m): 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
All I know is Manchester United should Sack "OLE"

2 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Latidoh1: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
I woke up in the middle of the night to check the scores of the match. Na so I shout "Na wa o" and went to bed. That club is turning into another thing. Stan Kroenke should give it to Dangote before his refinery comes on board.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by allanphash7(m): 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
Come sun , come rain ,

Arsenal remain our heaven and Emirates remain our home

What a bad moment to be an Arsenal fan and also a Nigerian

I remain Gooner till I six feet

#COYG

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by omostar: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
Mezut will just be looking at them grin grin

4 Likes

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by toffyz(m): 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
Who knows maybe na Mesut Ozil dey jazz them, Turkish can be fetish oo

1 Like

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
Before I continue reading, I would like to 'shoutout' to all Arsenal fans.

Your club is really providing the required entertainment in an otherwise boring league season.

Kudos to you all and long may your club continue to thrill us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See All The Unwanted Records Arsenal Have Broken After Losing 4th Game At Home by just2endowed: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2020
Check my siggy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Larry Kayode Celebrates 26th Birthday - Shares Family Pics / Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 / EPL: Atletico Madrid Give Conditions To Allow Saul Join Chelsea Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.