Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. (4889 Views)

TB Joshua: Why Synagogue Will NEVER Sue BBC And AJOKE Joshua / Prophet Muhammed Said Adam Was 60 Cubit Tall (98.4251969 Feet) / TB Joshua: Why I Left South Sudan Quietly Without Thank You In Cash Or Kind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Dannyfan(m): 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
I come accross this message a week ago on Vanguard News Page on Facebook, I was so confused that I had to conclude it's a fake news, because Apostle Selman is someone I love so much as a pastor. Just yesterday I saw the update on a friend status. I had to ask him what he has to say on the topic and if he had the message himself.
Now I am bringing this topic to nairaland so that people will have to contribute and share their opinions. All your contributions are greatly welcome.
Note:- please you can share me if you have this message by Apostle Selman.

Why Adam not the first man on earth - Selma
by Gemid News

Founder of Eternity Network International and popular televangelist, Joshua Selma has said Adam was not the first person on earth but that he was just the first man to be created in the image of God.

Joshua who made the claim in a video message shared online said science and the Bible agree on the fact that Adam was not the first person stating that there had been human beings ever before Adam came on the scene.

Though he did not quote any scripture to buttress his claim, he perhaps may be referring to the sons of God mentioned in Genesis chapter 6v1-4. Some have referred to sons of God as fallen angels who mingled with man.

Referring to the creation story, Selman said the word creation was invented to help man understand what took place when man was created pointing out however that in the realm of the spirit all things had been existing before creation.

He said, “Adam was not the first man. Of course not. Adam was only the first man created in the image and likeness of God. Before his arrival there were other “humanoid” species. Both Science and the Bible agree on this.”

Selman reasoned that the making of man already gives us an insight into how man should function.

His words, “The character that makes God, God is what man is created in. God made man in his image and he was told to have dominion. God created man a spirit, a holy spirit. The spirit of God is not the only holy spirit. Man has a holy spirit too. But the spirit of God is the holiest spirit.”

He explained further that if God had left the spirit, he created like that, the spirit would be violating the laws of the terrestrial world.

“Man would remain illegal. God made that man to rule on earth that means he must be made to be compatible with what is on earth. He made man from dust.

Man not made of sand only
“When the Bible says man was made of dust, it is not just sand. Water is involved. 70 percent of man is water just like 70 percent of the earth is water. The bones of man were made in the similitude of rock that is why they don’t rot easily. The eyes of man are made in the similitude of water that is why even witches use water to see.”

With a knowledge of this truth, Selman said believers are able to appreciate that their authority in this earthly realm is based on the light of God they have.

He said God “had to create something in man that became a connecting point between man and God so God could come to man in the cool of the day to interact with man. On that ground he could still speak to Cain and Cain could reply him. The man is compatible both on earth and in the realm of the spirit.”

The realisation that man was created in God’s image according to Selman was disturbing to Satan, he said, “every man has the ability to interact with the realm of the spirit. God designed this realm to be so vulnerable that it will ever depend on the realm of the spirit for it to function.

“The earth has to depend on the realm of the spirit to function. God realised that man has an advantage in the realm of the spirit. It’s not unusual for man to experience the realm of the spirit. The advantage of the realm of the spirit is that it can take you to the past and the future almost in a split second. These are systems of advantage God built in man. The average believer who does not know what this realm is helpless.”

Adam had the ability of God in him
Selma said, “Adam had the ability of God in him. He could do what God was supposed to do. That is why Adam was able to give names to the animals. But it was not Adam who gave the animals their known names, it was the scientists. What the Bible means about Adam naming the animals was that he was the one who gave the animals their identities because he had the supernatural ability of God.

“It was man who had access to the mind of Christ who could reproduce what God could have done. God works through a creation he had built to take advantage of the spirit to supply intelligence. Somewhere along the line, that bridge was broken and man began to struggle.”

"From the Lord’s prayer, Selman said God wanted his kingdom to be a reality here on earth adding also that from “the story of Job we discover that nothing happens in the physical without it first happening in the spiritual. Satan went to God and took permission to afflict Job. We are able to understand that trouble does not just come, it is calculated. But your ignorance allows it to happen. Nothing just happens.

“From the foundation of the earth the lamb was slain. There is nothing that can happen in this realm that has not happened in the spiritual realm. In the realm of the spirit, all things exist. It is already a reality. It is now your responsibility to put in place what does not line with the scripture.”

http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3013632

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Pierocash(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dannyfan:
I come accross this message a week ago on Vanguard News Page on Facebook, I was so confused that I had to conclude it's a fake news, because Apostle Selman is someone I love so much as a pastor. Just yesterday I saw the update on a friend status. I had to ask him what he has to say on the topic and if he had the message himself.
Now I am bringing this topic to nairaland so that people will have to contribute and share their opinions. All your contributions are greatly welcome.
how can we contribute on a topic we don't know the content of the message. Or we should just start commenting just by mere headline.

It is either you are trying to be mischievous towards the author, or you just want comments.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Dannyfan(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Pierocash:
how can we contribute on a topic we don't know the content of the message. Or we should just start commenting just by mere headline.

It is either you are trying to be mischievous towards the author, or you just want comments.
sorry I just modify the topic now
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Jashub: 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
I have always been a fan of Joshua Selma but that particular message is just off. But if he has given scriptural backing (of which he does often) to prove his message, then who am I to rebuke it.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Pierocash(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
There is nothing strange in what he preached,rather we have strange understanding of the message..

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Dannyfan(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
Pierocash:
There is nothing strange in what he preached,rather we have strange understanding of the message..
Explain the message

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
He got the part of Adam not being the first man on Earth wrong, but I quite agree with most of his other positions because it tallies with God revealed to me concerning His creation.

In the beginning the Earth was God's kingdom while man who was in charge was yet obedient to God's Word, but it ceased to be that after man disobeyed. That's how Satan became the prince of the world.

Jesus was sent to restore God's kingdom on Earth, and He did that after dying for man's sins, so the devil was casted out as the prince of the world, and the new reigning prince of the world was now Jesus. Hence the Earth became the Kingdom of God again as it was in the beginning.

The only difference is that there is not just Jesus on the Earth as it was in the beginning with Adam, but there are also disobedient humans. So it's through them that Satan is yet able to access the Earth and cause the damage that he does.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Jashub: 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
Pierocash:
Explain please.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by enilove(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
I have been warning my son severally not to listen to the man's messages about 2 years ago when he came home from campus and started playing his messages.

There was one particular thing he said that made me to come to the conclusion that he was fake . I can't remember that for now.

For the fact that he made mention of science shows he is a FAKE MAN .

Is it science that will validate or invalidate the Bible ?
Science is nothing but man's knowledge.

Can all the scientists produce blood or give life?

He is not a man of God.

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Pierocash(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dannyfan:
Explain the message
it sounded strange because it isn't in line with the regular preaching and teachings of man's existence.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Dannyfan(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
enilove:
I have been warning my son severally not to listen to the man's messages about 2 years ago when he came home from campus and started playing his messages.

There was one particular thing he said that made me to come to the conclusion that he was fake . I can't remember that for now.

For the fact that he made mention of science shows he is a FAKE MAN .

Is it science that will validate or invalidate the Bible ?
Science is nothing but man's knowledge.

Can all the scientists produce blood or give life?

He is not a man of God.

I am confused ooo. Thanks Sir for more light

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Bankowner: 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
I can only respond to this from the standpoint of the Bible. Gen.1:1-2 ASV reads:

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was waste and VOID; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”
‭‭
I lean on the part that says and the earth was waste and void, emphasis on the word “VOID” which means “completely empty”. God then went on to the business of creation and all He created in six days are listed in the first chapter of Genesis. There is no account in Chapter 2 of Genesis that He created a separate set of men before He created Adam in His own image and likeness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by obonujoker(m): 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Rubbish.

I believe the Bible. There were no humanoids or aliens or whatever before creation of Adam.

Don't allow demons deceive you
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by walter11590: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
I have always been a fan of Joshua Selma but that particular message is just off. But if he has given scriptural backing (of which he does often) to prove his message, then who am I to rebuke it.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by At10tion: 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
I quiet don't agree with this.
It goes all wrong with the account of creation in the book of Genesis.

And if you say that there were humans before Adam, then it would go along way to prove the earth to be owned and occupied by water spirits and fallen angels etc even before God handed it to Adam, which means Adam is not even the original owner of the earth has God has given him power and dominion over it from the beginning.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Jashub:
you know you are confused, right?

The Bible is clear on it's claim that Adam was the first. So? shocked
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dannyfan:

http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3013632
So you would rather be deceived by a man in the name of God, than stand firm against the lies of men in the name of God? undecided
Interesting!
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
Bankowner:
I can only respond to this from the standpoint of the Bible. Gen.1:1-2 ASV reads:

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was waste and VOID; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”
‭‭
I lean on the part that says and the earth was waste and void, emphasis on the word “VOID” which means “completely empty”. God then went on to the business of creation and all He created in six days are listed in the first chapter of Genesis. There is no account in Chapter 2 of Genesis that He created a separate set of men before He created Adam in His own image and likeness.
well I think what he meant by separate men before Adam where the angels and men of the spiritual men without wings..they might also be likened to angels but without wings
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
2Lynx:

well I think what he meant by separate men before Adam where the angels and men of the spiritual men without wings..they might also be likened to angels but without wings
Wow! Where did you get that hogwash from? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wow! Where did you get that hogwash from? shocked shocked shocked

grin ok
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
2Lynx:

grin we dey speculate no spoil the cruise
Specu... what now? "Spiritual men without wings.." How do folks make sense of all this spiritual bull-sheet we keep hearing abeg?
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Jashub: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
[s]
Kobojunkie:
you know you are confused, right?

The Bible is clear on it's claim that Adam was the first. So? shocked
[/s] I am sorry but my bible says I should not argue with fools or else I will brought down to their level and beat beaten with experience.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Specu... what now? "Spiritual men without wings.." How do folks make sense of all this spiritual bull-sheet we keep hearing abeg?
ok
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
Jashub:
I am sorry but my bible says I should not argue with fools or else I will brought down to their level and beat beaten with experience.
Look whose talking....
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

For the love of a man you concluded earlier that indeed the Bible is wrong in asserting that Adam was indeed the first man. Now here you are claiming you cling to eat the same Bible which you refused aays.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by sonmvayina(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Adam means man and eve means woman...they are not proper names...Adam is from Adama which means fromthe earth....

Knowledge is power.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Jashub: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Look whose talking....
ROFLMAO

For the love of a man you concluded earlier that indeed the Bible is wrong in asserting that Adam was indeed the first man. Now here you are claiming you cling to eat the same Bible which you refused aays.. Lol
Kindly quote where I said the bible was wrong. Or by the life of God you will surely die untimely.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by sammy329(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
I love and respect Apostle Joshua Selman, but that message that Adam is not the first man is totally false.

The Bible is enough for us. Trying to be deep and going to extra biblical stuff is the beginning of heresy

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by sammy329(m): 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Look whose talking....
ROFLMAO

Don't mind them sad sad

There's difference between honour and sycophancy
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
there are mysteries in heaven and on earth which we can't really explain or understand if even given to us bit by bit not everything is really contained in the bible and even the ones we and ("you"wink think we and ("you"wink understand, we will be really awed when the holy spirit minister the true meaning of even the "littlest" scriptures to us. the theory of creation as contained in the holy Bible included... so baba no talk say you utterly understand am cos na the surface we all dey see ooo. we need the holy spirit to make us understand through someone. as in Philip to the eunuch acts 8:27 or expressly as in 1 Corinthians 2:7,10,13.
like I said earlier I dey cruise...I still hold on to my believe that Adam was the first man on earth tho

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by sammy329(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
2Lynx:

there are mysteries in heaven and on earth which we can't really explain or understand if even given to us bit by bit not everything is really contained in the bible and even the ones we and ("you"wink think we and ("you"wink understand, we will be really awed when the holy spirit minister the true meaning of even the "littlest" scriptures to us. the theory of creation as contained in the holy Bible included... so baba no talk say you utterly understand am cos na the surface we all dey see ooo. we need the holy spirit to make us understand through someone. as in Philip to the eunuch acts 8:27 or expressly as in 1 Corinthians 2:7,10,13.
Mystery??

That's how heresy start. Stick with the written word, if the scriptures does not say it, it better to be silent on it

There is no mystery again, Christ is the explanation of the scriptures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
sammy329:
Mystery??

That's how heresy start. Stick with the written word, if the scriptures does not say it, it better to be silent on it

There is no mystery again Christ is the explanation of the scriptures

baba I have never been caught up in heresy I stick with it as it is, except when the holy spirit shows us the true innate meaning of some scriptures... 1 corin 2:7,10,13. 1 corin 12:3, Ephesians 3:5.
I never argued with you about the possibility of Adam not being the first on earth or not...I never said there where other men on earth before. like I said I just decided to go further on what I might think the op meant. smh i keep my true opinion on matters like these away from social media sef.
if you believe that the bible is it as it is, Ok. but what I believe is when the holy spirit choose to make you understand those scriptures you will be awed... mehn he inspired the bible.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
2Lynx:

like I said earlier I dey cruise...I still hold on to my believe that Adam was the first man on earth tho
What the heck are you still on about?

Your apostle, in the OPs report there, did not suggest a mystery of any kind-science is not mysterious" in it's claims at all. So please stop with the "spiritual" bull-sheet and stick to what is known. According to the report, Selman does not indeed believe that Adam was the first man, a position taken by the Bible books. So, what again are you having a problem with? undecided

I am not even against folks picking any side in this. What I am against is attempts at trying to justify Selmans claim by suggesting the confusion stems from the Bible's stance in this. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Tb Joshua's Birthday Bash. / How Satan Answer Prayers / Deeper Life Church Pastor Wins A Car In Heineken ‘drink And Win’ Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.