Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University (69312 Views)

Staff In Covenant University Are Raping The Students - Twitter User / Cow Goes On The Loose In Covenant University, Attacks Passers-by (VIDEO) / Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

Sorry! Problem is not about morality of older generation. Exact problem can be traced to your father and mother who should have prevented you with condom when they know they do not have enough morality left to raise you as good chap. Dish your blame to them! Your problem is because you can't even see a single person left in your family to learn morality from. So, pathetic! And abuse of social media and entertainment have made your situation worse.

Those that claim they are custodians of things abuse their powers, if u truly had the morals u and ur charlatan Pastors claim u have, you won't drag another person's parents into the conversation because he disagreed with ur opinions, what u just did is d greatest height of disrespect and immorality.

I don't know why some people believe some to be saints when u only know them when they are creating live contents, to really know anyone study their day to day live. Then u will truly see that. All this saint things are lie and what dis guys said will take to heaven are just been said cos they know no one can keep it cos they are part of us and most are control by hormones and not the brain, all na funneling, I rest my keyboard

6 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2020
dukeprince50:
I got admission into fr Edeh's school in 2011, I run comot from the school in 2013.
Though Edeh won't expel u just cos u no get Bible but that man is also bad, these men of God behaves like demigods themselves
grin grin angry We came and ran the same year
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by cescky(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2020
RomanGreen:

Fvck off dude....I'll never bless him, why should I, of what use is he to me....he should be useful to his numerous church members ravaged by poverty, defend him all you want coz I know you lots are highly indoctrinated....

From your tone its easy to decipher your type..

In public, you can't approach me, so i wont waste my time
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by JovialJune(f): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Sterope:
All this for me! You barely know a damn thing about me! Alumni hellfire!

Better dont kill yourself from unnecessary hate, or have HBP.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by kinggSamuel(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2020
i graduated from Caritas university 3 YEARS AGO and i have forgotten about the discipline and restriction there . we spend just 4 or 5 yesrs in the uni. thats just a tiny fraction of our lifespans. there is no where for you to be molded again than in the university. the world out here is a harsh place. i am not saying that you should be naive, complacent or docile. I am saying you should accept discipline to attain wisdom, a spirit of dedication, patience and highly sensitive and observant to the things around. moreover all the sex that you want to have and the alcohol you want to take you can still take it after graduation pipe low. try to make good grades so that the school fees that your parents are paying will not turn to a waste or amount to little. Instead build relationships with children of the rich and influencial. that can land you a lucrative job letter. on a final note EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE WILL TAKE YOU HIGHER IN LIFE THAN INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by josite: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:
The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Many of you just like places you will not be tamed so that you can do whatever you want like forming cult groups on campus, turning campus to Olosho house. If he is not strict and people still allow to do whatever they like, these spoilt rats will still come back here to complain and cast aspersions if any bad thing goes wrong with the school. Go to Catholic schools and see descipline, you these spoilt rats.

Your fathers get money, but lack morality, so when your fathers finally dumb you into CU as correctional center, you begin to misunderstand 'strictness' to ' wickedness' because your fathers failed to even show you '101' of moralities before you left for school because your families lack moralities in the first place. If you like to become wayward and hates descipline, no need of going there, go to federal and state universities and do what you like. Judas Iscariots!

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness!

i do appreciate the discipling but the bible says there is a time and season for everything.the bible says you should train up a child in the way he should go.....'.now if it agreed that the undegraduates in CU are children,oyedepo will be right but for those who cant be called children ,the childhood training must be taken to have been done by the parents and if not done before they enter the university.oyedepo is being fooolish thinking some of these kids whose parents refuse to train will now be trained by him on how to worship GOD and how to wear pants.

oyedepo should accept university is not a secondary school.sooner or later he will accept this fact.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by samnaija: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2020
hashtagged:

So if person con get STD or Belle he/she should be expelled.
This what this generation is about, so std and belle na good thing to be proud of when you are just a student feeding off your parents.. classic waywardness I go expel such people your mates are preparing for their future you are using your hand to destroy yours. Std and belle is not cool..

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by JARAPlenty(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2020
RomanGreen:

Please shut up, laying curses coz of stolen pure water is to me witchcraft....e pass wickedness set, if he truly is following in the foot steps of Jesus then hr has failed, listen....all these private universities are glorified secondary schools.... Even Fr Ede you referenced his Catholic school isn't left out ...these men feel like demigods....well, I'd rather have my children attend public schools...morality isn't taught in school.... Rather at home....a university is a place of study.... Not a ground for strict religious indoctrination. Unfortunately the G Os have refused to accept that
What are your evidences that he truly did it.It is not ideal to judge what you don't know.At times social media can be misleading.God bless us all.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by damosky12(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2020
RomanGreen:

Please shut up, laying curses coz of stolen pure water is to me witchcraft....e pass wickedness set, if he truly is following in the foot steps of Jesus then hr has failed, listen....all these private universities are glorified secondary schools.... Even Fr Ede you referenced his Catholic school isn't left out ...these men feel like demigods....well, I'd rather have my children attend public schools...morality isn't taught in school.... Rather at home....a university is a place of study.... Not a ground for strict religious indoctrination. Unfortunately the G Os have refused to accept that

The problem with you is that you refused to take the training offered you on a platter of gold. That's why your spellings and punctuations aren't so much different from that of an illiterate.

Go do your research, western education was largely influenced by Christianity. Education, ideally, isn't as non-religious as you seem to assume.

BTW, CU is a "Christian University." They have a tilt. Those who sent their wards there understand that. It takes an ignorant and arrogant fool to speak against this!

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by JovialJune(f): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2020
hashtagged:

So if person con get STD or Belle he/she should be expelled.

Yes, because it is against the school rules and regulations.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by litaninja(m): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2020
LOL. NL is known for stvpid actions like that. No be today. Plus all the werey muslim threads....all of dem are mad.

southniyikaye:
Make I follow..
A mod deleted a ilorin thread this morning cos it was talking about Muslims...
Now this one is talking about Christian or a Christian, let's see why happens

In whatever you do,
NEVER ASSUME THE POSITION OF GOD ALMIGHTY....
NEVER LET PEOPLE SEE YOU AS GOD...
NEVER BEHAVE LIKE GOD TO PEOPLE...

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Treborblue(m): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ALL THESE PASTORS ARE TRUE MEN OF GOD ASSUMING THE "GOD" IN QUESTION IS MONEY, BECAUSE THEY'RE ONLY RUNNING THEIR VARIOUS BUSINESSES LOOKING FOR PROFIT UNDER THE GUISE OF BEING MESSENGERS OF AN ISRAELI GOD.

TRUTH BE TOLD, ALL PASTORS AND PRIESTS IN NIGERIA ARE JUST LIKE ME. WE'VE NEVER COMMUNICATED WITH OR FELT GOD BUT I'M THE ONLY ONE SINCERE ENOUGH TO PROCLAIM MY DISBELIEF.

WHILE THE SMALLER AND POOR PASTORS STILL BELIEVE IN THIER HALLUCINATIONS, THE WEALTHY AND PROMINENT PASTORS ALREADY KNOW THAT IT'S ALL JOKES, AND ARE ONLY THERE FOR THE FINANCIAL AND POLITICAL GAINS.
I pray you experience God my brother
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by damosky12(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2020
Matheusmartin:
I know u will look for ways to defend your daddy.
According to u, he can do no wrong..

Go through his comments objectively, you may find some submissions plausible.

If you have a problem with a thought, tackle it logically. Don't leave the message to taint the messenger.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Sterope(f): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2020
I know him. Isn't he a public figure? A brute who slapped a poor defenseless girl some years back? A power-hungry bully who forced his family to convert and cursed his step-mother that remained a Muslim? Put your CU education into good use. I attack that brute not his faith.

Don't mind me. I skipped the BS you were typing.

He surely did but let's not forget the simpletons that paid for the schools too. Too bad their children would never go there. He would rather build more churches than help them.

JovialJune:

Funny thing is that, you are a Muslim

If non Muslims were to be all over you guys restricted threads, y'all will be all over the place complaining, look at way you've been castigating a man you don't know from Adam

You Muslims are known terrorists, and you're saying Oyedepo terrorised his family, the falsehood and irony lol

Who said Oyedepo will live forever? Pls learn to read well.

3 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by LifePortConnect: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:
The problem with contemporary young generation is that many of you were born into your families when morality vacated your family homes. Being strict is different from being wicked, he is discipling you as his own children so your future can be better, you are here ranting he is wicked.

Many of you just like places you will not be tamed so that you can do whatever you want like forming cult groups on campus, turning campus to Olosho house. If he is not strict and people still allow to do whatever they like, these spoilt rats will still come back here to complain and cast aspersions if any bad thing goes wrong with the school. Go to Catholic schools and see descipline, you these spoilt rats.

Your fathers get money, but lack morality, so when your fathers finally dumb you into CU as correctional center, you begin to misunderstand 'strictness' to ' wickedness' because your fathers failed to even show you '101' of moralities before you left for school because your families lack moralities in the first place. If you like to become wayward and hates descipline, no need of going there, go to federal and state universities and do what you like. Judas Iscariots!

Somebody is sweating to make you great, you call it wickedness! Spoilt rats! Go to volatile areas in North and ask for the meaning of wickedness!

I beg to disagree with you. There's a way you discipline students, especially those in higher institution that will make them submit to instructions not by being forceful.

Place yourself in the shoes of the parents of students who were expelled because they didn't show up with their Bibles ( according to the above). How would you feel? That may have been part of the rules but couldn't there be other disciplinary action instead of expulsion? Was it explicitly stated in the rules that a student would be expelled for not going to the chapel with a Bible?

You're being overly insultive here in a bid to defend him. You even went as far as insulting their parents as lacking morality. That's so out of line Bro. He might have good intentions but his actions, if true, were clearly excessive.
Even Jesus who shed His blood doesn't act like that if not we all would have been Christians by now though in a zombie manner.

You clearly do not understand how mentally damaging these actions are even if done by a parent.

Some of these students would never want to hear anything about Jesus again. That is not what Jesus would want. He wants men drawn to Him with love not away from Him.

I know no one is perfect and he may genuinely believe that he could get them to Christ like that but from these 'call-outs', did it work that way?

May the Lord help us all as Christians to represent Him in love at all times as He did for us. It may seem difficult with teenagers especially but we receive wisdom.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Sterope(f): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2020
No correlation please

JovialJune:

Better dont kill yourself from unnecessary hate, or have HBP.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Owutuotuo(m): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

I’m a Christian, I agree totally with your submission, but my question is: what happens when he’s called home? Will his son or whoever takes over as the head of Living Faith Ministries act the same way? I think what should be built is a structure/system that entrenches morality and discipline that doesn’t revolve around one man as the enforcer. I do not pray and I trust God the gat of hell will not prevail against CU but Bishops need mean and women, teaching and non teaching staff that will lay out guidelines in love that will leave no place for immorality: people who will uphold values he’s known for, rather than having him in the news allegedly saying, “expel him,” “he shouldn’t write exams.”

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Franklydes(m): 11:17am On Dec 15, 2020
Urekaure:

SLAVE, stop doing follow follow and buy sense you obviously don't have cheesy
See way no wise
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Etfash(m): 11:17am On Dec 15, 2020
No organisation survives with its affairs being handled with kid gloves. The White man whose land many of us like to go, a people we claim allows freedom, they actually make other nations of the world pay for it. They keep nations at war with one another, topple governments, cause instability and unrest around the world in order to keep the peace in their nation and aquire endless resources with that.

We must learn to face the truth, no matter how bitter and unappealing it is. If these guys signed to the agreement before getting into school, why complain about the consequences of breaching the codes.

Lastly, I see many of us believe these people, not because they showed any proof, but just because of their words. Yet, if this number of people came out to say they received or witnessed a major move of God that brought about people's healings in a gathering, morethan 80% of us will come out to cast doubts and aspersions on the people and the vessel God chose to use. We must be careful.

Here is the catch: whenever you find yourself hating on God or people, or condemning a visible manifestation of the power of God through a vessel you are not sure has other sources apart from God, be informed that you are being a devil at that point.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by toye440: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2020
NewDelhi:
On a particular occasion , sachets of purewater were stolen from a kiosk on campus. Next thing the man did was to start laying curses of misfortune and death. Haba ontop purewater again.
Na U steal am?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by tunize(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2020
Been strict is different from been wicked mayb the man is excessively strict, all is for the good of the students for themvto focus and have a bearing in life. What do i even know?
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by damosky12(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:
All this uncouth children only making mouth online

I graduated from CU, I behaved myself throughout by abiding by the rules and regulations, all of you be making it seem like the simple rules is an Herculean task,

If Oyedepo insults and curses, and it doesnt affect you, why bother? Will he start raining insults unprovoked? Only the guilty will lament just as those twitter people are doing,

It's simple, if you can't cope, pack your kaya and go, those of us that completed our 4 years course and graduated peacefully don't have two heads.

God bless you! This sums it up!

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by Mrhonesty: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2020
Matheusmartin:
I know u will look for ways to defend your daddy.
According to u, he can do no wrong..
o

These so called youths are morally zero. Nigeria societal decadence has eaten deep into their systems that they now see bad things as normal.
What a next generation?
Go to any developed nation and stare at a VC or shoplift a pin and call it ordinary pin.
God bless Bishop Oyedepo for not allowing them destroy CU as they did to FG own institutions.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by LhoOd: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2020
all these fake pastors everywhere.. pastors with private jets.. ahaha.. business men ..
the two main problems of nigeria is religion and ethnicity...
Hypocritical pastors with double lives..
I get plenty to say but they just no worth am.
Pastors wey dey knack members steady. una dey here dey waste data. dey there

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Daniel2802:

Lol that hostel at Behind Flat. That place is not for the faint hearted to be honest.
It's not behind flat. It's just before jives if you are coming from town. Shares boundary with St John's Anglican Church.
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by dukeprince50: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
grin grin angry We came and ran the same year
wow, my partner in crime, I had to view ur profile but I don't think I knew u sha.
Anyways, hope u later got admission in another school? Cos I did and I'm now a graduate
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by simplesearch: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Even though am not under Oyedepo's ministry, but from all indication his students are flying high due to the same highhandedness. Youth nowadays are easily distracted and do not want to be put under any form of control, anyhow they can be made to focus on their purpose in life and not waste their parents hard earn money should be encouraged. If out of 1000 students only a few with rebellious traits who careless what it takes for their parent to spend close to a million Naira per session to get them a quality education, such students deserve no attention. Moreover aren't this rules well spelt out by the school management and accented to before the offer of admission is sealed, so why the ruse? Some of this freedom seekers should go to the prison and see how inmates are compulsory made to undergo whichever religious ritual they signed in for at the point of admittance. If they went to a boarding school especially command day secondary schools, they'll understand the real meaning of tyranny. This ones are spoilt and overfed children who should be sent to a teacher training school, may be they'll learn better the true meaning of limitation and bondage. Freedom is not cheap and the most important part of man tends towards religion.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by BankyGee(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2020
NewDelhi:

Leave them make dem dey defend the man. as they say, who no go no fit know. I'm not against him, funny enough na winners I dey go. What I'm just against is the level and manner at which he dey destroy careers at will in covenant uni for the most petty reasons. Lol how you go expel person coz he use two straw drink grin. It's just worrisome.
Cc. sweetmelanin masterP042 capslocked

Lmaooo grin
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2020
dukeprince50:
wow, my partner in crime, I had to view ur profile but I don't think I knew u sha.
Anyways, hope u later got admission in another school? Cos I did and I'm now a graduate
Depends on d campus.. I was at Elele sha.

Yea done with schl, nysc and God is faithful
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by BadBradley: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2020
sreamsense:

from the African experience, most pastors don't know how to run anything other than churches.

From what the students are saying, I won't call it wickedness. What it is ignorance and incompetence. You don't run a university like that.

That's ignorance
Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by dukeprince50: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
Depends on d campus.. I was at Elele sha.

Yea done with schl, nysc and God is faithful
I was also in Elele campus.
I kinda recall fr Jude, Fr Francis fr Reginald and madam Philomena and one fair fine lady that use to work with philo, also all those rude and unapproachable secretary, I no fit forget wetin dem do me. And one yeye CSO with his useless "jump up ayi"

Anyways, thankGod for u, may God perfect all that concerns u.

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo And His Brutality In Covenant University by josite: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2020
if you have money and you know that you did not have the opportunity to train your kids.please send them to COVENANT UNIVERSITY BUT BE READY FOR THEM TO BE EXPELLED IF THEY STILL REFUSE HOME TRAINING.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Nnpc/snepco And Seplat Scholarship Discussion Thread 2020. / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB / Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.