Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! (41619 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Fuckhypocrite: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Christian07:
Please continue your experience is sweet
I feel like enrolling for nysc naw
lmao

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by waaclef(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
This piece brought goose pimples to my body. i actually served in Akwa Ibom , the orientation camp is located at Nsit-Attai! I am very familiar with the surroundings and pictures posted here.
one thing i observed is that some quite a number of people in Akwa Ibom are not friendly to corpers and tend to exploit corpers at the slightest opportunity. Although, there are really cool and nice people there anyways.

10 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Jerewise332(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:
Did I tell you that throughout Yemisi's rant, Ogo was not even bothered. She was just laughing and making jest of Yemisi as a runaway Igbo girl, who mistakenly got herself into one Yoruba family like that.

Lest I forget, Ogo is a Delta girl while I'm from Ibo and Yemisi the banter na real yoruba-ibo-sense girl!

Back to my story, we arrived one iya shop inside Mami market, looked around and saw a vacant table for three. We hesitantly made our way to the table cos we weren't sure if their food was going to taste good or not.

Inorder not to waste our last cards (in Yemisi's voice), we decided to call the food woman aside and plead that she sells 350 food for each of us. God helping us, she agreed. Yemisi and Ogo ordered for Fried Rice while I requested for Indomie noodles.

Our food arrived in about 5mins, and then we launched out our attack mission on them(food) grin.

First to release her bombshell of food taste was Ogo. She screamed and complained bitterly of tasting only maggi and salt in the food. At this point, Yemisi was more worried now about her money........ how's she going to give this woman her last card on top salty food she gave them.

I myself was busy enjoying my Indomie and giving thanks to God for not allowing my enemies triumph over me!

We quickly swallowed our herbal medicine in peace and retired back to our hostels before lights went out!

So you guys are actually condemning my place abi?
Can you people cook?
Abeg continue with ur tale
Forget about food jari

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by orlahtohbadt(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
15B here, my ppa was in Ikono local government. Those people will charge you times 2 for anything /everything you need, once they know you are a corp member. The camp has gotten more tarred road from what I can see in the picture.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by NOC1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
That’s where I served Nsit Attai, whatever happened in camp I don’t know, parades we don’t go, I and my friends were the last set of corp members to sign that book of life, walk for life only me among my friends did it because of a girl Ella and our miss NYSC who was my family friend.
We don’t miss volleyball because of our Camp girlfriends who are athletes, they invite us to come watch them play, we only collect hot water from Refectory to make our tea, I only ate swallow in camp the day my platoon made food, I was in the kitchen with my NYSC babe, we had special meal.

I had a girlfriend in Mami where I eat from, Ikwo is her name, her elder sis happen to be schooling in my school then we became friends.

That three weeks was something else, the weed my guys went to camp with finished, we have to go outside camp to buy weed. The back of the camp is not fenced it leads to a community if you follow the track road in the farm.

Never had a picture of me in NYSC uniform.

Spent my 80% in uyo but attended CDS 3times just to stop an election of excos, never had CDS excos all through my service year, so nobody was checking who is attending or not.
I and some guys planned for us not to have a leader who will checkmate us in CDs unless one of us is ready to lead, thanks be to God no leader emerged every time election was scheduled we scattered it, we made the excos we met when we joined look bad that made our set to buy our ideas.

NYSC outside camp was fun, I enjoyed uyo from my friends who are big spenders to my miss NYSC who is always in my house, with her friends because she was not posted in Uyo, so my house is like where she and her friends come to be picked up by those commissioners and SA’s money was not a problem because those men where paying.

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Esyy(f): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
15ssDRIVE:
Go on sister, you story dey totorii ......

People wey no go school. See una mate oh ... lol

Even if she no get money today,she go get am tomorrow.

School no be scam oh ...

Na our Yeye leaders dey make am looking Lek a scam ....

God bless your parents..... ameennnnn

Amen smiley

God bless you too! smiley

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
lebron7:

Wow
Are you the singer?

Ya
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by mayorkent(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
Akwa ibom, best place to serve , uyo to be exact sha... I miss those days ..

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Getintouch2004(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:

Amen smiley

God bless you too! smiley

What's the meaning of this now?
You abandoned this thread to be taking encomiums?

Better finish what you started oooo. I dey quick vex undecided

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Esyy(f): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Getintouch2004:

What's the meaning of this now?
You abandoned this thread to be taking encomiums?

Better finish what you started oooo. I dey quick vex undecided

Lol, sorry...... I'll update later in the evening grin grin

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Naomila: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
interesting
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Kayeez(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
It's well.

Do you wish to smell nice this festive season or you want a healthy and oily skin devoid of any mark?
I've got you covered, just check my signature.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Some people are good in story telling. Chaii. Nice experience

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by megatran(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nice experience. I am currently residing in uyo and I do see corpers once in a blue moon. However, they are very snobbish even when I just want to get some information on the nysc process sad. I am beginning to give up on the idea of nysc. If its not school stressing, it would be regularisation issues. I would love to have that nysc experience at least but I guess my school says no. Please anyone who wants to sell nysc certificate should buzz me lol.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by preyeamaorutobi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
Can't wait
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by ofiko123(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nice story..
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by dave4rella(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
cheesy

Beautiful and entertaining piece of trash you have written there
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Sinachi100: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:

Lol, sorry...... I'll update later in the evening grin grin

Update it nowgrin

Correction... it's not IBO but IGBO

Ride on jare nothing do yougrin

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by luminouz(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
That yemisi babe na case.

OP gave so much insight on her own psyche and thought processes.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Antibot5: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nsit Atai was fun.

Ak18c
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Tbvxl: 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Dem Bleep you or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by kindredspirit(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:
SATURDAY

I'm aware that the normal norm here is to wake up as early as possible, take your bath and wait for the bigle to be blown before moving out but hell no, I'm going no where cos first I'm not done with registration and second I do not have white white to wear.

BUGLE

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by maxlev1: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
Wow, u are all welcome to Akwa Ibom state. One of the most enjoyable place to live in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by maxlev1: 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
NOC1:
That’s where I served Nsit Attai, .
Wow, Akwa Ibom is always fun bro. Hope u come around again. It is still fun now. Meanwhile which year, did u serve here?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Brightfab(m): 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
Which Mod carry this thread go front page now? undecided
Dem go soon derail am. Essy no run abeg angry

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by mithras(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nsit Atai was definitely fun. 19C2, platoon 8.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Emeka71(m): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:
SUNDAY

Sundays are usually free in camp.......not totally free but, wait for it!

Today, I've decided to worship with Nccf. Nccf is Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship. The fellowship is for all denominations and seems to have some added advantage.

What I meant by advantage is - they promise to provide corp members with free transportation and two weeks accommodation once they leave camp. As we all know, definitely 90% of corp members will be stranded after they receive their PPA ( primary place of assignment) letter.

At Past seven, I stood up from my bed and headed to the bathroom to take my bath. Ogo, my new roommate was busy washing outside and acting as if today wasn't Sunday.

This babe looks like someone who might not be so interested in going to church. To clear my doubts, I called out to her and inquired if she would be attending Nccf service, girl told me she's not cut out for spending 3-4hours in church but she go sha go, being that this is our first Sunday in camp......I laughed loudly at her sincerity!

At 9am prompt, service kicked off with hot praise emanating from the pavilion where corp members were dancing their legs out. I and Yemi who came to my room, hurriedly rushed to join in the service. Today, I promised myself to dance like never before remembering what the Lord has done for you yesterday.

After the praise session, testimony followed and then drama before the guest speaker mounted the podium to share the gospel.

The guest speaker was the person of the chief justice of Akwa-ibom State. He preached about the place of God in all we do. He encouraged us to find time for God throughout our service year and also shared testimonies of how he started from Nccf to where he is currently.

Service was awesome and memorable! After service we retired back to the hostel to take our lunch and get prepared for evening parade .........shey I told you today wasn't completely free?

At 3pm, the bigle blew and OBS alerted everyone to head down to the parade ground. OBS is Orientation Broadcasting Service of NYSC, here in camp we know them with one line of statement which is "Gentlemen corp members, the bigle has been blown, get down to the parade ground now"......... Omo, I so much hate that statement especially when it's echoing in my sleep grin

3pm and everyone was rushing down to the parade ground. If they born you well, stay in the hostel let those army people catch you first! grin

Today was my first day of joining the parade! Getting to where my platoon guys were, I quietly moved to the back cos it seemed everyone had their cliques already and were all shouting at the top of their voices.

It didn't take some time before someone asked if I was just joining them for the first time. I answered yes and made way to introduce myself. He spoke softly and briefed me on the ongoings on ground. I later got to know his name as Tosan, a chubby guy from Edo state who usually wears glasses too. Cool guy! wink

The shout of Appppppreeeeeee tion didn't allow us finish our conversation. The army officer in front has started giving training commands. we were matching according to his commands and once anyone falls out of match he calls that one "akamu" and continues to insult the person.

I was scared of his bants but later found out it was a normal thing for army officers to insult corp members. We all got fond of them and laughing more freely at their bants!

Later in the evening, we were dismissed and headed to the hostel for dinner. Tonight, I , Yemisi and Ogo were collecting our first ever dinner from camp kitchen. We were queued and waiting patiently to reach the front row when a guy started chitchating with Ogo.

Ogo seem to be enjoying the convo while I and Yemisi were the onlookers. Yemisi and myself were beginning to spark thoughts in our heads but then let's wait and see where this convo is heading to.....

Late into the night, we took our dinner and retired to bed, lights went out! cool

This is super-story; please I want to get your picture and phone number; my e-mail is emi_739@yahoo.co.UK
I wish you a nice service period.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by lebron7(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
kelfree99:

Ya
Sounds like dog shit, find something else to do
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by visijo(m): 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
chai this story make sense oo, I de learn a lot pending when ASUU will allow us to go our own..

OP no spoil my state as you continue with the story ooo
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by wiseone28: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
waaclef:
This piece brought goose pimples to my body. i actually served in Akwa Ibom , the orientation camp is located at Nsit-Attai! I am very familiar with the surroundings and pictures posted here.
one thing i observed is that some quite a number of people in Akwa Ibom are not friendly to corpers and tend to exploit corpers at the slightest opportunity. Although, there are really cool and nice people there anyways.
Is there anywhere in Nigeria that won't exploit you when they get to know you are new?

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Swaylore: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Following
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Owologbo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:
Good day guys,

Today I'll be starting a new series on my nysc experience.

It actually took me a couple of weeks to get writing this content but I'm really glad I was able to start anyways.

First of all, let me start with my first day of getting to camp.

It was a hellish day, you can't even believe what happened to me.

it's funny to me right now because I'm out of camp but on that fateful day it wasn't funny.

when I got to camp, I was directed to a canopy where a female police officer searched me.

After the search I was directed to another stand where I was meant to take my covid19 screening test but before that let me gist you guys about someone I met while going to camp.

On getting to where I was going to pick a cab that will take me to camp, I met a young fellow inside keke, a female and her name yemisi, a Yoruba girl who literally says everything that is in her head the way it is.

she was just ranting about how costly it was for her to get to camp and how people were extorting money from because she's a corp member who doesn't know anywhere around akwa-ibom.

she was plain angry and was explaining to me that this people are actually not nice if not why would they be extorting money from her , a total stranger? Omo, that babe just they paraa anyhow that day till we got to camp �

So back to where I stopped earlier, I told you I got to a stand where I was meant to take my covid-19 screening test.

Right in front of the stand were other corp members, I guess they were acting as officials for covid19 screening.

I kept my bags near a tree and then moved closer to one of the corp members seated as officials for covid19 screening, to request that they screen me so I can continue with my registration but then these guys were bluntly snubbish......they way they looked at me and the nonchalancy in them was so glaring.

One of them, quietly pointed me to a chair after giving me a condescending look and asked that I wait till they call me!

Gosh, I was angry but then I guess it wasn't a good time for me to start having issues with anyone. Let me kuku rest first before I start displaying my own madness cos everyone has theirs just that some persons decided not to show theirs till they are triggered ���
Don't worry. the main extortion starts from outside camp. Corpers have different price in everything over there. They will tell you "you be government pikin, their governor de pay you".

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obanye Francess Chizoba, Acid Burn Survivor Begins Her NYSC (Photos) / Female NYSC Member Wearing Skirt With Uniform : Photo Of The Day / The NYSC 2019 Batch A Mobilization Time Table Is Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.