Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada (52587 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria IS NOT BETTER Than Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by MyGeneration(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2020
The funny thing is that she's in canada saying this cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by hayoholla(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Shay OP you wa alright sha grin come let's trade places Jare. I know you are tired of Canada, we that have not been there don't even know what tired means grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Ihatemumu: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo

Quantity and Quality are two different things
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ibabz(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2020
I think it would be better you come back to Nigeria and enjoy all these benefits you just mentioned.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Minjim: 9:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Kalapizim:
Great insight most people wont like to hear.
And who is saying it?
A Nigerian that lives in Canada and will never agreed to relocate here .

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by HBB1(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2020
dubaiprince:
I am sorry but the reasons the OP gave are not logical (it is clearly stated that it is your opinion tho). In my own opinion, I will use UK as an example. I was taking home about 536,000 monthly with a wife and 3 kids. The money was just okay for us to live conviently I.e pay rent, school fees, eat and maintain the car. No spare money to save to even continue with my building project and I learnt things are even worse now due to inflation. I moved to the UK alone last month and even though my room is about 800 pounds a month, i am still even doing what I was doing back home in a better way and still saving about 1500 pounds a month.

Hoping my wife and kids join me soon. though my rent will increase cos I will need to move to a bigger apartment but I will no longer pay school fees for a while and I can still save1000.

Relatively, basic things are affordable and accessible compared to the minimum wage in developed countries. You are right with things like loneliness but I have come to realise that our social life in Nigeria make us spend money on unwarranted things. My opinion.

The OP is delirious!

I know Nursing Assistants in 'the abroad' that have numerous properties back home in Nigeria.

All from carrying piss and shit!

If you have a good saving culture and can hustle, you or bad-as-it-bad, your Children have a better chance at a better life.

I have seen many children of immigrants from the third World, now seating at the table of relevance, with the real owners of the land.

...Somalians, Eritreans, Mauritians, and Asians, even Nigerians!
Countries you might not have thought of much before, now have many of their descendants doing great things in the West.

If you don't migrate because of yourself, migrate because of your Children.
If you don't end up getting to 'live the life,' your children have a better chance of doing so.

Nigeria as it stands, has casted, and it will not get better soon!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Passionate888: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Dear Modo9 come back to Nigeria na
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by 79733139(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2020
meobizy:
Yet OP Is in Canada reporting this. Lol. Abegi, I sabi the format.

She is desperate for Youtube views. There are so many of them hustling on Youtube and would say a thing like "the sun is green" just to get views.

9 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Eriokanmi: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Kalapizim:
Great insight most people wont like to hear.
Count me out of those people. Nigeria is far, far, far better than Canada and most of the western nations. While in US for my postgraduate, what I was paying as rent in a month would take care of my rent for one year in Nigeria as a student living and working in that country. We have it all here except leadership. I hope we get it right come 2023 so we can easily take our country back. All these old fellas in government don't have anything good in store for us. They have to go.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lekki1444: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2020
ogbeni where in nigeria can you get decent 3 bedroom for 500k a year ? make you relax with ya lie ooo
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by SolutionsGuy: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2020
The most stupid opinion i have ever seen.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Athemisia: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
If you never travel, you will think abroad is easy, life is not easy anywhere.
That's because you travelled there illegally as a poor mofo

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Reason for my relocation
1. Dual Citizenship
2. Advance my pay structure so I can retire early and come back to naija

I dont mind any hardship till those two are met, but most of my relative who don relocate are doing very very well. So......

12 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by naturefellow(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2020
Happy to read all these points/opinions from abroad :-)

You missed one paramount point though...
Higher life expectancy in Canada than Nigeria. No police brutality or bad governance here.
Value for human lives... That matters the most!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2020
lekki1444:
ogbeni where in nigeria can you get decent 3 bedroom for 500k a year ? make you relax with ya lie ooo

Akure
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by mofedamijo(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2020
If my child wrote this nonsense, i will recall her from Canada, she is wasting my money. How can a student write this rubbish?

Do not compare the economics of nations based on the amount you get when you do the exchange rate to your home country, that is the silliest mistake anyone will make. These are different economies.

A Nigerian nurse, for example, earns about $4,500 after tax in some states in the U.S, house rent and other expenses might be $1,500, he or she might end up saving $2,000 monthly aside bonuses, Does that mean because he or she is paying over 400,000 naira in expenses makes America expensive? Not to forget, he or she is enjoying good roads, electricity, water and other great amenities and still saves over 870,000 naira monthly. The question is, how many nurses in Nigeria enjoys the same??

The Canadian economy is based on world-class economy. To enjoy such places, you need to earn a minimum wage. With the minimum wage, you will live fine, not to forget, education is free until your kids get to the university, as long as you pay taxes. Now the question is, how many Nigerians can live comfortably on Nigeria's minimum wages??

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by SILVERLINES: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
grin
Fvckhypocrite:
Canada or burst
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by joseph1832(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
This is a joke, right? grin
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by naturefellow(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
MyGeneration:
The funny thing is that she's in canada saying this cheesy
see the level of hypocrisy in Nigerians? I was even taken the opinions seriously. Well, gentle reminder that opinions are not facts undecided

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by beebaba007: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Why did she leave Nigeria? If it's better, she should go back to Nigeria na.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Iamfragile: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
bezimo:
Oh really...I have lived in Canada for almost 6 years..i don't regret escaping that useless Nigeria. You have no idea of what you saying.

God go bless you, and you still won't regret in Jesus name. No mind this people, chop alone will no kill una. They knew people are planning to relocate to Canada now dem don come with their bad belle.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Hezmatosky: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
And it is easier to get a job in Canada, and easy to get the money too, unlike our almighty naija kiss

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Sheriman(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
This is total nonsense!! how is Nigeria better than Canada? If you really mean Nigeria is better than Canada then you had better relocate to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by vickydevoka(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
If you never travel, you will think abroad is easy, life is not easy anywhere.
No be lie. Wen I enter Russia na so Dem de look me like monkey
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lekki1444: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2020
my brother so ya electricity is only 80 canadian dollars a month and you are crying ? i know an estate in lekki where they pay 100 thousand naira a month although they give them 24 7 electricity as the electricity is generated on site. but 100 thoussand naira is 335 canadian dollars a month

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Athemisia: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2020
demoBaba:
1. You also forget to compare Nigeria minimum wage with Canada minimum wage.

2. You also forget to mention salary paid per hour in Canada, and total package per month.

3. You also forget to compare unemployment rate in Nigeria, guys are ready to work but there's no work in Nigeria.

4. You also forget to mention insecurity in Nigeria, more than twenty number of arms robbers came to our area yesterday night operate freely.

5. Imagine a student in Canada that's building five bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

6. Them plenty....

If I no japa wetin I gain.

Tell him brother.... They just come here to pretend to be patriotic...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by specialmati(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2020
whoever that wrote this shit is very wicked. why mock people in nigeria grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by tasalanoni(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2020
This post was borne of affluence. If you are residing in Canada, let's swap residences. Cost of living is never a problem anywhere in the world. The problem is always purchasing power. With the right economic environment to grow sufficient purchasing power, you are never making the touchdown. Of all you listed here as Nigeria's edges over Canada, none captured the overwhelming difference in standards. Our houses are "cheap" because most aren't better than caves, electricity is "cheap" because it's erratic. 24/7 power comes at a cost. Healthcare is as good as dead. Our medics aren't soundly trained and hospitals are ill equipped. Good Healthcare isn't cheap anywhere. Maintaining a cafe/restaurant in Canada comes with incredibly high overhead costs which translate to high consumer purchasing costs.. I can go on but sum and substance is that Nigeria is nowhere near Canada in any index of living.
Find your way out of this hole as soon as you can and pay periodic visits until you are sufficiently strong to weather the storms of Nigerian life..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2020
You must be very maddddd

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by pacespot(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2020
Everything is about cheap cheap cheap, must you live a cheap life in Nigeria too. Anything that is cheap comes with accompanying problems, so the higher price you pay in Canada is paid for through their more superior quality service.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lekki1444: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2020
pcguru1:

Akure
Is Akure a city ? are the roads tiled ? electricity ? jobs ? these are questions i am asking. i have never been to Akure before. is the place vibrant ?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by vickydevoka(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2020
The only point there is lonliness

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!! / Primary School Pupils In Lagos Inside The Blue Line Train Today (Video) / Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.