Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? (545 Views)

Is a Wife really necessary or is an Olosho a better option than a Wife ????? / Is Marriage Necessary? / Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by thinkmoney(m): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
A lot of guys are beginning to rate marriage very low. They seem to have their points. The benefits in marriage are looking more one sided (or as it always been?). Guys are beginning to think that whatever they can get in marriage they can also get outside of it -kids, sex etc.
However, I think this idea is selfish and myopic. The confidante, natural loyalty, exclusive sense of belonging and team spirit, trust and support to the very end of ones life one ideally gets in marriage can't be overemphasized.
That awareness that somebody by legal oat is beholden to you is huge. These things you can't confidently hope to get exclusively with somebody that you haven't sworn a legal and spiritual binding oath of alliagiance and trust with and that you have no shared investment -emotional and physical- with.
Its important too, that children grow with two people that can constantly teach them by their relationship, selflessness, sacrifice, teamwork, respect for both genders and love. These things are what are acutely lacking in the children today, that is resulting to the disjointed society we are having and consequentially forming young adults that are oblivious of the merits of family, loyal friendship and marriage.

Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by Nazgul: 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
Marriage during the era of our grandparents and parents was fun...they didn't have much but loved each other and were contended with whatever the other party brought. They were happy, they understood the meaning of sacrifice, they endured so much...

Marriage in our era is overrated. Most guys struggle their whole lives to become useful to themselves and their families, only to get married to Lucifer's daughter and their life would become a living hell.

All girls want to get married but very few actually have a plan to make their marriage work. many just feel that "well I'm above 24 and I think it's time for me to settle down without having any plan whatsoever on how to remain settled.

The worse hit are we the men. After spending so much on acquiring a wife, spending so much to build the family you'll end up being betrayed. If a man who has done so much for his wife suddenly looses his job, give the wife 3 months, she'll begin contacting all her ex. With time she'll start cheating on her husband.

Someone wrote here that the best way to select a wife is to pretend to be poor and wretched for at least 4 months in your relationship. I completely agree with him. If she continues with you in that state, then you're assured that if you marry her and you begin to go through your wilderness experience, she'll faithfully stand beside you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by IamD18: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
It is necessary and underrated
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
Marriage and pussy The most overrated thing ever.
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by virginprincess(f): 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Marriage is till very very necessary, the reason many people are having problems today in their marriages is because they fell into the hands of a wrong partner, allow God to direct you to the right spouse, then you see the sweetness in marriage, op i love your write-up, it very nice, at least enlighten nairaland men that not only women benefit in marriage, men also do.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by SILENTandSMART2: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
eleribuu please summarize i don't like reading epistles smiley

smiley
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by dukeprince50: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
k
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by ParpahSeventy: 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
With all these ideologies most people will still get married.
It goes a long way to show that those who always jump to say it's overrated are mostly confused and know very little about marriage.
Both male and female.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
Marriage is good when both parties are faitful to each oda most of u guys here like bashing women forgetin day men are d ones who are polygamos but wuld cry fowl when their woman cheat. If u want ur woman to be faitful u too shuld remain faitful
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by SarutobiEky(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
Abb-soh-fvxking-lyoot-lee over hyped....shiiieet.

Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nazgul:
Marriage during the era of our grandparents and parents was fun...they didn't have much but loved each other and were contended with whatever the other party brought. They were happy, they understood the meaning of sacrifice, they endured so much...

Marriage in our era is overrated. Most guys struggle their whole lives to become useful to themselves and their families, only to get married to Lucifer's daughter and their life would become a living hell.

All girls want to get married but very few actually have a plan to make their marriage work. many just feel that "well I'm above 24 and I think it's time for me to settle down without having any plan whatsoever on how to remain settled.

The worse hit are we the men. After spending so much on acquiring a wife, spending so much to build the family you'll end up being betrayed. If a man who has done so much for his wife suddenly looses his job, give the wife 3 months, she'll begin contacting all her ex. With time she'll start cheating on her husband.

Someone wrote here that the best way to select a wife is to pretend to be poor and wretched for at least 4 months in your relationship. I completely agree with him. If she continues with you in that state, then you're assured that if you marry her and you begin to go through your wilderness experience, she'll faithfully stand beside you.
over fact...
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
When you met right partner,It usually peaceful,on the other hand ...Vice-versa..
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by Jodha(f): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
Y'all should continue to deceive yhurselves ...
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by oladipupo38880: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
It is necessary and underrated
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by Brian47(m): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
meh IMO, its over hyped
Re: Is Marriage Necessary Or Overhyped? by BaddieFreak(f): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
Overated

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Burnar Boy Is The African Giant. (photos) / This German Guy Told my Igbo Male friend To S.uck His D.ick / Men, Stop Looking For Peace Of Mind In A Woman As They Can Not Give You Peace...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.