Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42755 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

442 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by IamD18: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
Love a financially stabled man.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Chinehz(f): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
cry cry cry
I'm not yet married,so let's wait for the married people

12 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Organsmuggler(f): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

341 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Ikjosh04: 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
The key to his prosperity could be unlocked when he get married.

To me, you can marry him, in as much as the man is reasonable and doing everything possible to break his entanglement with poverty.

Btw, no where In the Bible was it written to marry who you love.

The scripture says we should love who we marry.

Love is not feelings or emotions.

Love simply means commitment, passion, pleasure and above all sacrifice!

The distance between dreams and reality is called action and as long as anyone is intentional about their progess in life, the breakthrough will come.

It's also important to note Success in life depends more on who you know than what you know.

166 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by XXXXTENTACION: 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
Abeg marry the financially stable guy. Thats the best love is not enough.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojun50(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
IamD18:
Love a financially stabled man.
When the money no stable she go begin hate am abi?

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojun50(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin
Are you married ?

21 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
OP. DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY POOR MAN CANT MAKE IT? AND DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY RICH MAN CANT GO BROKE? If the poor guy CAN take care of family \u and him/ basic needs marry him. MOST GALS HERE NO GET LIFE AND TOO MANY BOY KIDS HERE. ignore s0me idiotic c0mments

218 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
POINT BLANK. . LOVE = PEACE. MONEY = ENJOY LIFE MATERIALISM

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by nitoriolohun(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
This is a proof that we still have good ladies. It's very normal to really think about finance in getting married but I will advise you to take it a step further.

According to you no one cares in his family but you guys understand each other perfectly. If I may ask why is he unemployed? Is he looking for a job or wat ? Why not agree with him to learn a skill he can use to sustain himself for a while pending him getting a job or able to establish real big and cut a big cost on the money you have already saved to finance other logistics.

Where is he staying at the moment ? Is he a zealous type? Has he been talking abt his plans and you know the only thing stoping him is money? You know this guy better, you have been with him and you can tell the kind of person he is.

In this life ehn some guys will rise with the help of their woman ( the story of m k o is a good example) same way countless ladies have risen from the help of a man and it shouldn't be a big deal because we are more privileged than ourselves

And again nothing last for ever , do not make a permanent choice because of a temporary situation because with the right support that guy can rise and if you go for a financially stable man today things might go south.

Pray and let God guide you my sister . Shalom !!!

246 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by descarado: 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Oluwa shocked
These people will kii somebody here

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
your decision to make

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Klass99(f): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2020

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MrHighSea: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
TBH,

if there's a lil love from the money bag, go with him.
But there're other factors influencing marriage.

I ain't married.

I dey tell you my church mind.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by frozen70(f): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

This is very daisy

Marrying a man you love is different from marrying a man that loves you

If you love him and you are a willing but he is not making any income, be ready to carry load, I mean family load and don't complain when it's beyond you

It's not a good advice for you to sponsor your own marriage, what about other financial issues that will come up in the family, who will cater for that ?

A man that loves you but have no good income will take because of love and go extra miles to look for what to do just because he loves you and that single act will trigger you to bring out whatever you have to support his little efforts and that doesn't mean that you will sponsor your marriage

Getting married to a financial stable man can not be compared to the two comparisons I stated above

No body wants to move from poor to poorer

Leave the man to go and struggle he has all the time to do that more than the time you have for yourself

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working[b]. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.
[/b]
Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.
No. I don't want that
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Love first o. But make sure you fall in love with someone who has money to balance it up.

Don't go for a rich guy you don't love.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ikjosh04:
The key to his prosperity could be unlocked when he get married.

To me, you can marry him, in as much as the man is reasonable and doing everything possible to break his entanglement with poverty.

Btw, no where In the Bible was it written to marry who you love.

The scripture says we should love who we marry.

Love is not feelings or emotions.

Love simply means commitment, passion, pleasure and above all sacrifice!

The distance between dreams and reality is called action and as long as anyone is intentional about their progess in life, the breakthrough will come.

It's also important to note Success in life depends more on who you know than what you know.
How do I marry him when he has nothing to process the marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by JovialJune(f): 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
Love is sweet, no doubt, but love with your head not your heart cos love is not enough and the only thing needed in marriage

If you decide to sponsor your wedding and continue giving him, trust me, when he eventually has a job and become stable, he won't still provide, he will continue to be dependent on your money for the family, we have so many of them in the society right now, let him go,

Look for a financially comfortable man, be friends with him, then marry, love will grow in the marriage.

I didn't marry the man I love, I married my friend, and I have no regrets whatsoever.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
nitoriolohun:
This is a proof that we still have good ladies. It's very normal to really think about finance in getting married but I will advise you to take it a step further.

According to you no one cares in his family but you guys understand each other perfectly. If I may ask why is he unemployed? Is he looking for a job or wat ? Why not agree with him to learn a skill he can use to sustain himself for a while pending him getting a job or able to establish real big and cut a big cost on the money you have already saved to finance other logistics.

Where is he staying at the moment ? Is he a zealous type? Has he been talking abt his plans and you know the only thing stoping him is money? You know this guy better, you have been with him and you can tell the kind of person he is.

In this life ehn some guys will rise with the help of their woman ( the story of m k o is a good example) same way countless ladies have risen from the help of a man and it shouldn't be a big deal because we are more privileged than ourselves

And again nothing last for ever , do not make a permanent choice because of a temporary situation because with the right support that guy can rise and if you go for a financially stable man today things might go south.

Pray and let God guide you my sister . Shalom !!!

Alright. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by JovialJune(f): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
You are 30 for goodness sake, pls go for a financially stable guy, money is important in marriage don't let anyone coarce you to manage or cope with rubbish, Nigeria isn't smiling lately, if you marry that guy, that lovey dovey will vanish when you experience suffering, use your head pls.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by dominique(f): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
As much as it's important to marry the one you love, money is very important in running a marriage especially when kids come in. All that love you have for each other will automatically fly out the window when bills start piling up and you start running into debt. Some people lack ambition, have zero hustling spirit and are very complacent. They just go with the flow. If your boyfriend is that kind of person, just free him except you're ok handling the family expenses when you get married.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello?

CsRockefeller:

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Hello?

Nvm. From the other side.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by zed7: 5:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Money is good in marriage, it's actually very important if you want to live a decent life. However, money comes and goes. One can have today and not have tomorrow and vice versa.

On the other hand, love is also good in marriage but it's not enough to make a marriage work. You need mutual respect, tolerance, similar goals, compatibility etc.

The ball is in your court. Do your analysis of both men and choose properly.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Mindlog: 5:36am On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
How do I marry him when he has nothing to process the marriage?

If he can't fend for himself, why should marriage that comes with a whole load of responsibilities be in his radar for now? This screenshot from a blog, captures it.

12 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by fannybaby(f): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2020
The bible already has the answer. Wives honor your husband and husband love your wife....

It is your husband that is suppose to love you. If the financial stable guy loves you, please go for him.

If the other guy have some change tomorrow, he won't still give you money to run the house

10 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Dainy1(m): 6:03am On Dec 15, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin
Guy you lied.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 6:44am On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:
You are 30 for goodness sake, pls go for a financially stable guy, money is important in marriage don't let anyone coarce you to manage or cope with rubbish, Nigeria isn't smiling lately, if you marry that guy, that lovey dovey will vanish when you experience suffering, use your head pls.

Leave her na she dey form stupid love.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.