Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,526 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42763 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 6:47am On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

Girl, where are you and your man from?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by obo389(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin
Spot on sir.
Agree with you on this

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

Cry na cry it has no other definition but what causes the cry differ
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2020
It's your choice don't allowed your aunt make decide for you. Go for what you don't have money is easy to get than true love. We have financial houses that can gives loan but love is not isnot easy to get,get him money to start business in any form like pos services

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by JovialJune(f): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2020
[s]
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin
[/s]

20 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Chiquitq(f): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2020
Everything in life is based on chance.

It looks easy on paper to marry a financially stable person that you don't love.

Also, marrying the one you love is the best decision for long term goals or better put, marrying the one that lives you.

The problem that I have in this scenario is the fact that he is 35 and has no tangible source of income. It is not even biblical for a woman finish her own bride price. It is okay for a woman to be richer than her partner but not that the partner can not afford basics at 35. If he was from a supportive family, it would be tolerable but everyone minding their business is a red flag.

How do we know for sure that this man loves you not for what you can provide for him? How character may change when he has money.

Where does he live? Does he not pay his own rent? Would his family not support him when he wants to get married?

From my experience, you can not undermine the importance of marrying the one who truly loves you. Money may come and go.life happens. The one who would stay through thick and thin is important. He may be rich tmrw and he may not. Marrying a rich man guarantees nothing. He can have the money and use it to frustrate you.

You might be fortunate to meet a better guy who loves you and has the means to cater as a family man as well. You might also be unlucky to leave this poor dude and regret it marry him and still regret. Only God knows. It is all based on chance.

Nigeria is hard but it is not an excuse for a man to be dating a successful lady and have no means of his own.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
Don't Listen To Ur Aunt Cuz, When U Start Experiencing Heartbreak Or Disappointment, Ur Aunt Won't Stand By U. Let Me Be Frank With U. If Truly Both Of U Love Each Other, It Would Work Out. Time Is Not By Ur Side Neither Is Time By His Side. As Long As U Av A Vision 4 Him & 4 Urself It Will Work Out. Just Tell Him To Get A Job, Any Job Dat He Could Earn Money No Matter How Little It May Be. Or If Possible, If U Can Connect Him To Any Job He Can Do, Do So. Don't Mind Ur Aunt Oo. D Guy Dat Is Financially Stable Today May Go Broke Tomorrow. With God All Things Are Possible. Zzor Read.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Hathor5(f): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,

Fertility clinic at 30? And you think you made sense?

So all 'big men' marry 20+ year old girls and women should retire at 30? How old are you? How about you use your brain a little bit? If the average woman gets to become 70 or even 80 years old, she is old at 30/40 for the rest of her life? grin

Please, face your books instead of typing rubbish on NL.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by LordKO(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2020
One of the things money can't buy is the euphoria gain from sharing closeness in particular and oneness in general with the one(s) who personifies love for you. Love remains the greatest refreshment in life.

So, unless you're economically poor like him, or he's both economically poor and unresourceful, I don't see the reason why both of you cannot marry and overcome economic poverty if both of you truly mutually love each other - as in both of you're in synchronization and mutually have an altruistic interest for each other - and live happily together forever.

From experience over the years, I have come to realize that majority of the poor are poor not just because of lack of capital but because they're unresourceful and lack definiteness of purpose. A resourceful person with definiteness of purpose doesn't need to own millions in cash to establish a multimillion business empire.

Money is very easy to make, all things being equal, but finding that one person who personifies love for you is very hard to find even when other things are equal.

Meanwhile, in the absence of love, you can still find fickle happiness with the rich guy even if you don't love him/he doesn't personify love for you, provided that you've greed for money and a greedy woman doesn't repulse him and you truly personify love to him.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by addictiv(m): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2020
Reading comments here show that poverty has really altered the mindset of many Nigerians. One thing I have learnt is in life there re no right or wrong decisions, you make a decision and put in the work everyday to make it the right decision for you.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by enemyofprogress: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
Boat are advisable
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by BlessedNuel: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
This matter wey dey on ground so...e get as e be
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Fheelzz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
Follow ur heart, iF it's meant to be it will be
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin
advice from one with not real picture n claims lives in pluto undecided

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by sewaqueen: 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hmmmm...I'm here reading comments

Meanwhile, no dull am as e dey hot, I have pen!s enlargement gel for the men wey sabi,
Go from 1min to 30mins no stop with harder and bigger 'gbola'...
Not too expensive, its just 5k only.

Lagos clients only pls, my WhatsApp number is in my signature/bio/profile for a chat on how to place order kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Diamondpicture(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Let’s read poor men’s comments
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by 12inchess: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nature is unkind to men sha. If the reverse was the case, this wouldn't even be a topic for discussion. Broke girls getting married every week.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by directonpc(m): 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
I will want to marry a rich woman cheesy
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is beyond wisdom...This is wisdom plus understand....

Ikjosh04:
The key to his prosperity could be unlocked when he get married.

To me, you can marry him, in as much as the man is reasonable and doing everything possible to break his entanglement with poverty.

Btw, no where In the Bible was it written to marry who you love.

The scripture says we should love who we marry.

Love is not feelings or emotions.

Love simply means commitment, passion, pleasure and above all sacrifice!

The distance between dreams and reality is called action and as long as anyone is intentional about their progess in life, the breakthrough will come.

It's also important to note Success in life depends more on who you know than what you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
dominique:
As much as it's important to marry the one you love, money is very important in running a marriage especially when kids come in. All that love you have for each other will automatically fly out the window when bills start piling up and you start running into debt. Some people lack ambition, have zero hustling spirit and are very complacent. They just go with the flow. If your boyfriend is that kind of person, just free him except you're ok handling the family expenses when you get married.

Only few girls understand ur opinion before marriages, they only realised after marriages.

As we have street girls, we also have street guys, a decent person should run away from these type of people if he/she want peace in marriage.

Street guys or girls must surely go back to street

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Do you also have a financially buoyant man who wants to marry you ??

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by obowunmi(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

Always choose a financially stable man. Love does not put FOOD on the table nor does it send your children to good schools.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by michlins(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.
it may sound harsh but you are factual here. But then again, life has no rules. You might marry a financially ready person and then fiam Buhari will happen to him........

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
The one that loves me oh!!! We'll b rich together.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

Seun should make it possible for the like button to be liked at least 20 times per username. Some comments deserve more than one like honestly. This is the honest truth.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Matheusmartin: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ogun keee love.. angry

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by africandictator(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
What op is indirectly saying is that she cannot be a single parent!

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ibechris(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
If the guy is not someone who has the drive or potential to make money pls,leave him oh...because marriage is a serious business and it requires serious financial commitment.

Dont marry him out of pity else u will blame ur action after settling down.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Jh0wsef(m): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by anochuko01(m): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
If he's learned, you could have posted his credentials here so kind hearted persons can reason his matter. That would have been more useful than what you just posted aswear!

If indeed you love him and not looking for an excuse to leave him, then you should use this platform to uplift him. Even if you've gotten someone else, still do this for him.

willingheart

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by legacystore: 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
quote author=willingheart post=97067897]I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

[/quote]

So u still don't have sense at 30

Just marry him n learn the hard way now

Since he can't afford to marry u, just get pregnant for him n u will become affordable instantly, just do it for him so u will become very affordable n u marry the love of ur life.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MisterKings(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Booked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.