Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42743 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ubola: 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Op,ladies were asked to choose between marrying a keke rider and be happy, and crying inside a G-wagon. so many said they prefer happiness in keke, only one was sincere enough to say that even if she cries inside g-wagon the AC will dry her tears. In your own case this your love no even get keke to carry start life, not to talk of marriage. you cannot use your money to pay your brideprice haba. He should be able to bring something to the table no matter how little.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by bluefilm: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I don't know how some of you reason. Everything is a joke to you. I'm not in a hast to marry. Being 30, is not a disease or a point of rush. Marrying at 20,30,40 does not guarantee success in marriage.
Maybe this is the time I'm ready to do it, but I have to put certain things into considerations.

Akuko ifo
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by zionfy: 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
Zionfy , but take it easy. GOD CAN ...!!!This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.[/quote]
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Urnextprezident(f): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
The village farm cracked me up.. cheesy wink cheesy

Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by zionfy: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
Rockefeller, you made some wonderful points about money, but, with God and hard work, things can definitely change for good . So please don't make it look like she is doing something wrong.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by lastclaire4(f): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can event get worse for him.

Hei My God!
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by authority2006(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
obowunmi:

Happiness is a scam. ��

Money buys happiness.

Not always

[quote author=misterniyi post=97106448]

Tah

Happiness cannot be bought

Happiness is a choice

If you cant be happy when you are broke.......even when money comes you will still find reasons to be unhappy [/b]

You think Im lying......go and ask Otedola

If the source of unhappiness is lack of money, poverty, such person may be happy if money enters the game.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by merits(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
Marry the one you love, with love everything will fall into place.

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lekan239(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:
Love is sweet, no doubt, but love with your head not your heart cos love is not enough and the only thing needed in marriage

If you decide to sponsor your wedding and continue giving him, trust me, when he eventually has a job and become stable, he won't still provide, he will continue to be dependent on your money for the family, we have so many of them in the society right now, let him go,

Look for a financially comfortable man, be friends with him, then marry, love will grow in the marriage.

I didn't marry the man I love, I married my friend, and I have no regrets whatsoever.
yes, 80percent of women in marriage will say this last paragraph
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by authority2006(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
ubola:
Op,ladies were asked to choose between marrying a keke rider and be happy, and crying inside a G-wagon. so many said they prefer happiness in keke, only one was sincere enough to say that even if she cries inside g-wagon the AC will dry her tears. In your own case this your love no even get keke to carry start life, not to talk of marriage. you cannot use your money to pay your brideprice haba. He should be able to bring something to the table no matter how little.

So, someone whose submission align with your opinion is the only sincere person here. I guess you measured sincerity based on your own personal opinion on issues. That's wrong

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by TimiRume(f): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin
Shut up, slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Afostev11(m): 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
Willingheart....... I'm 100% in your man shoe, I earn 40% of my girl income but I never neglected my responsibilities. You see that thin line btw dream n fulfillment could be anytime, I mean any moment........
Your best answer is in "ACRIMONY". Watch it! Shalom.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MamaSTAND: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
If one is fortunate to get a Financially stable person, it's better Jor than marring for love, who love help, love grows with time especially when you are comfortable. My cousin never loved her husband when they married but the man was stabled. Love dey kill my cousin like kilode.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ehix89(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
I
willingheart:
I'm trying all I can. It gets difficult as he has no support from even his family members. I've given his CV to quite number of people to help, but no positive outcome till now.
He had OND, I don't know about getting a well paying job with that result, but so long as he has something to manage, it's fine. But right now, nothing. I feel responsible for every one of his things. In marriage, I'm not sure I can handle that all alone and I want to settle down.
You are his strongest support as it stands. However, in all brutal honesty I don't think OND is good enough in my opinion except he wants to go into business.

It's very complex for you I must admit. Why not pressure him a little by threatening to leave him if he doesn't up his game (you make him way too comfortable by tending to all his needs, cut some of your supplies) give him some few months, if you see no change in his eagerness to be successful albeit legitimately, I am scared to say this but you could then look elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ubola: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
op, as a woman your responsibility is to SUBMIT and not to LOVE according to the Bible. John 3:16,For God so LOVE the world that He GAVE..., Love means giving not text msgs. If you are a man, guy or boy and can't afford 3 square meals for yourself avoid marriage. when your wife pays rent, children fees and feed you, then you won't need a prophet to inform you that she's the head of the house.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by gbagyiza: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

Things can change tomorrow for him but the hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

I gat the message in your write up but remember that in some instances, the table usually turned around after getting married. It has happened so many times. He may not have now but within a short period after the wedding, God will smile on him. To me d watch out things r, is he educated n has what it takes to excel in life? Is he smart, intelligent n hardworking? Do you see the future in him? If it's yes then go ahead n marry him.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nweike1: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fervent prayer and fasting is needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Urnextprezident(f): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
Very enlightening
ujuvals:
My sister I am advising you with love pls run and don’t look back you won’t regret it.

If at 35years he cannot sort little bills my dear he is a time bomb and if you dare marry him the suffering increases after childbirth

I am a talking from experience and that’s where I still am, the love don clear for my eyes, frustration left right center

You fit give an money sef to start business he will not be able to give account of the funds.

I am not entirely against supporting a man but he should be able to do the basic whilst planning marriage then u can handle the major bills

In my case dude can’t do anything I pay water, gas,light, school fees, feeding, gotv, house rent, compound contribution my dear everything down to matches and detergent it is pathetic

He keeps reassuring and promising and my kid is four years he still Dey promise

Pls don’t left desperation make u enter a worse situation

Give him time to pick himself, get sth going for him, you observe if he has vision and is hardworking then you make a decision

I still Dey paddle my canoe

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SavageMaster: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

You can do a quiet wedding, with few friends and family members.

Someone I know, from a comfortable home sef, had her wedding this year, took pictures and accepted gifts from well wishers in church, and that was it. Wedding haff finished; no reception. Couple went home as husband and wife.

The money he should be looking for is to run a business, take care of you and raise a home, and not to waste trying to impress people who didn't even want you to get married to him in the first place.

I hope I made sense

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by authority2006(m): 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin

Mad o!
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm trying all I can. It gets difficult as he has no support from even his family members. I've given his CV to quite number of people to help, but no positive outcome till now.
He had OND, I don't know about getting a well paying job with that result, but so long as he have something to manage, it's fine. But right now, nothing. I feel responsible for every of his things. In marriage, I'm not sure I can handle that all alone and I really want to settle down.

My sister, I see some ladies have taken pains to even share their life experiences so that you can learn, experience musnt always be the best teacher...

From what I have read, you appear desperate to settle down, I doubt if this man has even proposed or are you the one proposing here

A man that has absolutely nothing doing ,not even for bride price should not be talking about wedding...pls let him be ,,, give him.space, test this your love and see how far ..

Secondly you are not too old ,dont let anyone tell you otherwise, you are a beautiful lady that has a lot of life ahead of her,,pls look inwards ,build and develop yourself more, you will see more suitors then u decide which suits you,,,your priority now shouldn't be using your own money to marry yourself,,it will end in premium tears

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by niyidenrele: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
nitoriolohun:
This is a proof that we still have good ladies. It's very normal to really think about finance in getting married but I will advise you to take it a step further.

According to you no one cares in his family but you guys understand each other perfectly. If I may ask why is he unemployed? Is he looking for a job or wat ? Why not agree with him to learn a skill he can use to sustain himself for a while pending him getting a job or able to establish real big and cut a big cost on the money you have already saved to finance other logistics.

Where is he staying at the moment ? Is he a zealous type? Has he been talking abt his plans and you know the only thing stoping him is money? You know this guy better, you have been with him and you can tell the kind of person he is.

In this life ehn some guys will rise with the help of their woman ( the story of m k o is a good example) same way countless ladies have risen from the help of a man and it shouldn't be a big deal because we are more privileged than ourselves

And again nothing last for ever , do not make a permanent choice because of a temporary situation because with the right support that guy can rise and if you go for a financially stable man today things might go south.

Pray and let God guide you my sister . Shalom !!!

Seyi Makinde ,Oyo State Governor
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Iamlakexide(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
To every steps we will in this life is distinct and highly unlikely with anyone else.God created labeled us differently in our DNA and Fingerprints. To your question ask your destiny/creator. He will guide you right.. He knows the perfect match for you.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by yankyone(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
Both are necessary, but Financially stable is important bcus without money love dies a natural death.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Ybaby: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

Wise man !

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by GREATROSES2: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
Sometime, money is not everything marreing someone you love matter, someone that can give you happiness, i think that is the best...

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by teejay167(m): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

why are you like this na.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by teejay167(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nuyokoi:
your decision to make
what would you do if you are such situation
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Valentine259: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
My dear, money or love are not the first thing to consider when getting married.....
Check out for this trend..
1) Emotional maturity
2) Inner peace
3) Commitment..
Hear This>>>
Money will fail. His financially stable today what about tomorrow..
Love will fail. You don't love a person every day but will keep ur marriage going when this things fail is [Emotional Maturity and Commitment]
#justmymindset#My dear, money or love are not the first thing to consider when getting married.....
1) Emotional maturity
2) Inner peace
3) Commitment..
Hear This>>>
Love will fail. You don't love a person every day but will keep ur marriage going when this things fail is [Emotional Maturity and Commitment]
#justmymindset#
My dear, money or love are not the first thing to consider when getting married.....
1) Emotional maturity
2) Inner peace
3) Commitment..
Hear This>>>
#justmymindset#
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by InvertedHammer: 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
/
Wait until money enters his hands, they you will know if he truly loves you. Then you will resort to "after I suffered with him". You have no control over how someone feels about you. You can only go with what s/he tells you. You may be his only hope and he has to remain loyal for now. Let's see how love can pay rent and school fees.

You are wasting your life with a 35 years financially unstable man. If he were to be 25...then may be.

/

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by jornwhite: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
pocohantas:

But she no lie na.

They still gona cheat on you...

grin grin

if kettle black naa for pot mouth we suppose hear am .... smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.