Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match (26497 Views)

Petr Cech Returns To Chelsea As New Technical And Performance Advisor / Arsenal Goalkeeper, Petr Cech To Return To Chelsea As Sporting Director / Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by ogbiwa: 7:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Goalkeeper Petr Cech conceded inside the first three minutes in his first match since May 2019 as Chelsea's development squad beat their Tottenham counterparts 3-2 on Monday.

The 38-year-old became the club's technical adviser after he retired, but he was recently added to the Premier League squad as emergency cover.

Cech, who won a record 124 caps for the Czech Republic, spent 11 years as a player at Stamford Bridge, winning 13 trophies, including four Premier League titles and the Champions League.

He last played for the Blues in the 3-1 win over Sunderland in May 2015, before joining London rivals Arsenal. He retired as a player in May 2019 after playing for the Gunners in their Europa League final defeat by Chelsea.

His return to action was not without incident. He made an error in the build-up to the first goal and then misjudged the ball into the area for Spurs' second.

Cech was also part of a mass dispute during the match after team-mate Danny Drinkwater and Spurs' Alfie Devine had been shown red cards.

His side, however, fought back from the two-goal deficit and secured victory in the closing minutes of the game.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55311524

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by money121(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by OVA200(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2020
If you are good at something you are definitely good at it; age is not a barrier your body might fail you but your instinct will not.
Cech in his pension state will still perform better than Kepa in his prime that tells you a lot.

Long life legend petr.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Ihatemumu: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Greatest Goalkeeper

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Etinosa1234: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Cech... Best keeper that year.... Even Van der sar not reach sef

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Petr cech Baba, no go concede o
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Vidsolution79: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
This guy na Chelsea hero.. ..let me design your banner, logo and flyer... Contact me now. Get my number from my signature
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Jung(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Designtobuild:
So this is how Drinkwater's career took a 90° nosedive after moving from Leicester to Chelsea. From a premier league winner to under 18s. While Kante who made the exact same move as him has added another premier league, Europa league plus a world cup in the same time.
Moral: What works for A may not necessarily work for B. Find your own tailored path, don't move simply because your friends are moving

So they told you that he followed Kante abi?

Mehn commonsense no common abeg

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by EdoFirstBorn(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Designtobuild:
So this is how Drinkwater's career took a 90° nosedive after moving from Leicester to Chelsea. From a premier league winner to under 18s. While Kante who made the exact same move as him has added another premier league, Europa league plus a world cup in the same time.
Moral: What works for A may not necessarily work for B. Find your own tailored path, don't move simply because your friends are moving

Brilliant comment

@helinues learn what an intelligent comment is and stop talking for the sake of it

Until you can start doing as above or speaking proper grammar never quote me.again

I don't interact with thugs

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Roon9(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
And conceeded 2 quick goals grin
Better than Kepa tho.

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by pocohantas(f): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2020
At some point, this was the only goalkeeper I could recognize on sight. Not because of his face, but that thing on his head. grin

14 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Failure undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
So Drinkwater still in Chelsea
Ooooh I pray I don't have a career like this
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Simplebeauty: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2020
grin
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Latidoh1: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020
pocohantas:
At some point, this was the only goalkeeper I could recognize on sight. Not because of his face, but that thing on his head. grin
How do I recognize you on sight?
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Ekemeze: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by bestman09(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
grin
Old experience

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by fubsy: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
Designtobuild:
Great lesson of life. Thank you for figuring this lesson out of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Johnmax95(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
angry
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by 4tomandchi: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Up Chelsea!!!
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Openyamind111(m): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Interesting.. grin
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Ola2plenty: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2020
Jung:

Mr too know, grab the lesson and move on, it's just a comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by derbykol(f): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2020
Designtobuild:
Moral: What works for A may not necessarily work for B[b][/b]. Find your own tailored path, don't move simply because your friends are moving[b][/b]
Injury contributed to his demotion.
Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Anaerobi(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2020
The great stopper. 11 well spent years in Chelsea... I think the goals he conceded in his 2-3yrs in Arsenal is more than the goals he conceded in Chelsea... lol.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Designtobuild: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2020
Jung:

Where in my comment did I state that Drinkwater followed Kante to Chelsea? This is why you guys sign documents without reading to understand then you start bleating in ignorance when the consequences of your signature surfaces. Don't be empty pls

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Director, Petr Cech Returns To The Goalpost For A Real Match by Designtobuild: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2020
Ola2plenty:

Mr too know, grab the lesson and move on, it's just a comparison.

People who look for loopholes to prove their intelligence are usually the emptiest. He sounds like one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 / Little Nigerian Wonder Boy Shows Off His Football Skills(Video) / Jayden Yobo's 3rd Birthday: Joseph Yobo Throws 3rd Birthday Party For Son (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.