Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

#EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! (6482 Views)

Strike: Labour To Embark On Nationwide Protest / International Student's Day: NANS Mobilises Students On Nationwide Protest / Students Stage #EndAsuuStrike #BlackFridayWalk Today In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kmst1: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gabbriell:

I don't care if they call off the strike January 2021 or Jan 2023....that's your problem.

My comment was about the timing of the protest.

Has there been peace all this while?

grin

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
Will Buhari handle this strike this way if his children were the ones sitting at home for 9 months?
Nobody cares about the common man in this country.
#EndAsuuStrike

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Gabbriell: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
kmst1:

Has there been peace all this while?

grin

This time is different. This is a festive period, most people out there are looking for what to use for christmas and new year. We all know Nigerians like to carry Christmas and new year celebration for head like gala.

Given the above circumstances and the fact that Nigeria policing is in an epileptic shape, any protest now will be hijacked and people's businesses are going to be looted.

6 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Stan2330(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
This protest is overdue...

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Herbephe1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
we move!
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kmst1: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gabbriell:

This time is different. This is a festive period, most people out there are looking for what to use for christmas and new year. We all know Nigerians like to carry Christmas and new year celebration for head like gala.

Given the above circumstances and the fact that Nigeria policing is in an epileptic shape, any protest now will be hijacked and people's businesses are going to be looted.

True but we cant afford to remain at home by January
If we don't start now this people are ready to continue playing WHOT with our lives till march

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by qwertie1234: 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
i will suggest that the real physical protest kickoff 1st week of January..however massive online sensitization is what should be done now until next year when the actual street protest will start, possibly on 4th January 2021 so Nigerian student can adequately prepare in anticipation to the said date. let the information spread over all social media: facebook, twitter, insta, etcetera...

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Dreamliner787(m): 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gabbriell:

I don't care if they call off the strike January 2021 or Jan 2023....that's your problem.

My comment was about the timing of the protest.

You are just so dumb, go and read your comment critically again and come back here to quote me sensibly
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Dreamliner787(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
Stan2330:
This protest is overdue...

Thank you!.. but some idiot in the previous comment box is saying we should still postpone the protest till next year.

"There is no better time than now!!"

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by qwertie1234: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Thank you!.. but some idiot in the previous comment box is saying we should still postpone the protest till next year.

"There is no better time than now!!"
Bros b calming down and stop calling one idiots just cause one is trying give one's suggestion.. You are obviously the idiot here allowing anger taking over your sense of rational reasoning...Na all of us the strike affect..infact if you are in your final year now for a 4years course, it means I was in my 4th yr in uni when u got admission into the university so pls be calming down...staging a protest now will b futile. We will just waste the protest. School can not resume this year, your lecturers can't be travelling to their various universities barely 10days to Xmas , abi u yourself do u want to go to scul dis year come back home in 8-10days' time for xmas break and travel back on 2nd January? Haba! I hope u now reasoning with me when I said you ar an idiot...if ASUU call of d strike today they will b left with no option than to resume with immediate effect and that is what ASUU is trying to dodge away from..
government is trying to institute another lockdown due to rising incidence of covid cases and u wanna stage a protest now, u want to give d government a very sound reason to shoot you..
Like I said before, let an online awareness be going on social media and by early next year we go physical, we take the streets...

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Emperordynasty: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
qwertie1234:

Bros b calming down and stop calling one idiots just cause one is trying give one's suggestion.. You are obviously the idiot here allowing anger taking over your sense of rational reasoning...Na all of us the strike affect..infact if you are in your final year now for a 4years course, it means I was in 400level when u got admission into the university so pls be calming down...staging a protest now will b futile. We will just waste the protest. School can not resume this year, your lecturers can't be travelling to their various universities barely 10days to Xmas , abi u yourself do u want to go to scul dis year come back home in 8-10days' time for xmas break and travel back on 2nd? Haba! I hope u now reasoning with me when I said you ar an idiot...if ASUU call of d strike today they will b left with no option than to resume with immediate effect and that is what ASUU is trying to dodge away from..
government is trying to institute another lockdown due to rising incidence of covid cases and u wanna stage a protest now, u want to give d government a very sound reason to shoot you..
Like I said before, let an online awareness be going on social media and by early next year we go physical, we take the streets...
You have made a lot of sense..

Guys let's begin a wide and massive online sensitization for the upcoming protest hopefully to kick off on the first week of January...

These wicked men can't be towling with our future like this..when their own kids are abroad doing their masters

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Dreamliner787(m): 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
[s]
qwertie1234:

Bros b calming down and stop calling one idiots just cause one is trying give one's suggestion.. You are obviously the idiot here allowing anger taking over your sense of rational reasoning...Na all of us the strike affect..infact if you are in your final year now for a 4years course, it means I was in my 4th yr in uni when u got admission into the university so pls be calming down...staging a protest now will b futile. We will just waste the protest. School can not resume this year, your lecturers can't be travelling to their various universities barely 10days to Xmas , abi u yourself do u want to go to scul dis year come back home in 8-10days' time for xmas break and travel back on 2nd January? Haba! I hope u now reasoning with me when I said you ar an idiot...if ASUU call of d strike today they will b left with no option than to resume with immediate effect and that is what ASUU is trying to dodge away from..
[/s]

What the fuçk is this idiot still saying, guy your fucking life is far different from mine.. no one is saying you shouldn't celebrate your fuçking Christmas with your fuçking family,.. but just get my fuçking point already!!

We can't resume this year, Fine! Everyone knows that already but the point is the Strike be called off Anyhow, however possible this year so we can peacefully resume next year by january perhaps the first week, with ease and less worries..
Won't you look so stupid protesting in a New year?.. or do you wish the over 9months old strike lingers till next year all because of a one-day Christmas?!!

Speaking about covid-19, I'm not surprised you happen to be among the very few fools that believe in covid-19 being in Nigeria, maybe there was, but that was then. You need to go out there and witness what's going on around the country with your fuçking eyes instead of sitting there in your shitty house believing Every fuçking thing the social media says.. Grow up dude!!

2 Likes

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by qwertie1234: 12:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Dreamliner787:
[s][/s]

What the fuçk is this idiot still saying, guy your fucking life is far different from mine.. no one is saying you shouldn't celebrate your fuçking Christmas with your fuçking family,.. but just get my fuçking point already!!

We can't resume this year, Fine! Everyone knows that already but the point is the Strike be called off Anyhow, however possible this year so we can peacefully resume next year by january perhaps the first week, with ease and less worries..
Won't you look so stupid protesting in a New year?.. or do you wish the over 9months old strike lingers till next year all because of a one-day Christmas?!!

Speaking about covid-19, I'm not surprised you happen to be among the very few fools that believe in covid-19 being in Nigeria, maybe there was, but that was then. You need to go out there and witness what's going on around the country with your fuçking eyes instead of sitting there in your shitty house believing Every fuçking thing the social media says.. Grow up dude!!

how do I start explaining my points all over again to this chronic fool..OK mumu listen very carefully now , if ASUU shud call of the strike this year , they're gonna av to resume immediately as dey don't av the capacity to fix a later date..and if dey resume dis year, xmas plus new year holiday officially commence by december 24 and ends 2nd january( though 27 -29th december are suppose to b working days but practically, nothing reasonable happen those days) today's date is 16th, let's assume your protest holds tomorrow 17th and ASUU calls of 18th and u leave for scul on 19th..so u want to go to scul just to stay for 4 days before festive holiday commence..y not do the protest next year by say 4th so that wen ASUU calls of the strike( hopefully) and ofcourse , with immediate notification on resumption. u know u are resumin fully ..and lets use this year to carry out massive sensitization, strategies and preparations for the upcoming protest..I suspect u probably a product of a very low birth APGA score which resulted in your congenital stupidity and diminished thinking capacity but at least my explanation this time was very simple...I underestimated your stupidity ab initio and I'm sorry for dat
judging by the way you write-"fuçking Xmas".. "fuçking family".. "fuçkin this, fuçkin that" I'm very sure you don't even believe HIV still exist so how on earth can anyhow convince an embodiment of fuçkery like u dat covid19 is real here in nigeria( eventhough it has a milder effect on the average immuno-competent African)
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by BlackFlower(m): 1:01am On Dec 16, 2020
Well, basically in my own humble opinion, I don’t think ASUU should call off strike now until their demands are met.

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by legacystore: 4:25am On Dec 16, 2020
Students should go and learn hardwork

This face off is not ending anything soon
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kenelink11: 5:46am On Dec 16, 2020
I support this. Government has failed Nigerians students. What annoys me the most is the vice President of this country who is a Professor. Its better we start this now so that we will be sure of resuming next year 2021 by the Grace of God. #ENDASUUSTRIKE.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kenelink11: 5:49am On Dec 16, 2020
legacystore:
Students should go and learn hardwork

This face off is not ending anything soon
. Stop this post, it's always wise to finish something before starting another. When you are done with the academic you started then you can learn a trade or something...
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by legacystore: 5:56am On Dec 16, 2020
kenelink11:
. Stop this post, it's always wise to finish something before starting another. When you are done with the academic you started then you can learn a trade or something...

Seems u have never heard about multitasking

Better change ur myopic mentality or be stagnant in life.

U can be going to school n learning a skill, u never know the one that will pay after all jobless graduates are everywhere
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Rugh8: 6:56am On Dec 16, 2020
Where's the WhatsApp group?
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Tundeamoo: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2020
we are going to hold two nationwide protest
first is online protest from 19 Dec - Jan 1
second is street protest Jan 2 till the strike end
for now we are working on the WhatsApp group
pls we need Nigeria student to corporate kindly
share the link for the WhatsApp group when it
later in the afternoon for the movement to be
massive so our voices can be heard !!!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Saintinoo(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2020
qwertie1234:

how do I start explaining my points all over again to this chronic fool..OK mumu listen very carefully now , if ASUU shud call of the strike this year , they're gonna av to resume immediately as dey don't av the capacity to fix a later date..and if dey resume dis year, xmas plus new year holiday officially commence by december 24 and ends 2nd january( though 27 -29th december are suppose to b working days but practically, nothing reasonable happen those days) today's date is 16th, let's assume your protest holds tomorrow 17th and ASUU calls of 18th and u leave for scul on 19th..so u want to go to scul just to stay for 4 days before festive holiday commence..y not do the protest next year by say 4th so that wen ASUU calls of the strike( hopefully) and ofcourse , with immediate notification on resumption. u know u are resumin fully ..and lets use this year to carry out massive sensitization, strategies and preparations for the upcoming protest..I suspect u probably a product of a very low birth APGA score which resulted in your congenital stupidity and diminished thinking capacity but at least my explanation this time was very simple...I underestimated your stupidity ab initio and I'm sorry for dat
judging by the way you write-"fuçking Xmas".. "fuçking family".. "fuçkin this, fuçkin that" I'm very sure you don't even believe HIV still exist so how on earth can anyhow convince an embodiment of fuçkery like u dat covid19 is real here in nigeria( eventhough it has a milder effect on the average immuno-competent African)
Oga forget the name calling, the guy is right, if ASUU should call off strike today, no university will resume this year, remember the university management have to first call for a senate meeting to comfirm the date of resumption....

About the suitable time to protest, actually there is no suitable time to protest, you can even protest on christmas day if you want, ENDSARS protest started without a n actual date, but most importantly i wish you both stop the name calling.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Prayfortheworld: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2020
Who cares if they end it, omo i don move on oh
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kenelink11: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2020
Saintinoo:

Oga forget the name calling, the guy is right, if ASUU should call off strike today, no university will resume this year, remember the university management have to first call for a senate meeting to comfirm the date of resumption....

About the suitable time to protest, actually there is no suitable time to protest, you can even protest on christmas day if you want, ENDSARS protest started without a n actual date, but most importantly i wish you both stop the name calling.
Every reasonable person knows that classes can't resume this year. But you will be relaxed knowing that school will resume next year if the strike is called off this year 2020. As it stands now nobody is sure school will resume next year, that's why the #EndAsuustrike movement is important. It will make the government to be committed to Nigerian student. Imagine your classmates opportuned to attend private university graduating before you. Age waits for no man. Be wise, Be smart. #EndAsuuStrike.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by kenelink11: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2020
brain02:
it's no longer new the childish game between federal government and ASUU union which is detrimental to the students in all ramification.

nothing can be done as at now unless a nationwide protest is staged to put end to this rubbish.

our mental health is being abused!!
our future is being jeopardize!!!
9 months and still counting!!! let's have a rethink and take back what belongs to us.

if you think ASUU will call off the strike by 1st of January then you're the most miserable fool undiscovered.

let's trend the #EndASUUStrike on Twitter.

if you're an applicant, undergraduate or postgraduate fall under this thread ASAP!!!!!
We need to open a telegram account and push our complaint on all social media platforms.. we will start our protest online first
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Mammangaddafi(m): 7:51am On Dec 16, 2020
You listen to the stories across different institutions and they'll only break your heart. People's lives have been halted, they've lost time they can never gain. None of us should be silent about this, what else could matter? There's nothing to fear, the only thing that's real is the pain they've caused us. #EndASUUStrike

1 Like

Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Au79(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2020
I think the qwertie123 dude is right .let the #endasuu strike gain a lot of online support and awareness first before we kickoff
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2020
What about the WhatsApp group.... Who's taking down phone numbers?.
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2020
I think this thread should move to the front page. This matter is no longer a joke.

everyone is quiet like nothing is happening!!!!!!!!!

depression is killing us!!!!!!

save our future!!!!!!

seun, lala.. front page pls...
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2020
kenelink11:

We need to open a telegram account and push our complaint on all social media platforms.. we will start our protest online first
please create the group and drop the link here.. thanks
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2020
Tundeamoo:
let create a WhatsApp group and organize a nationwide protest for one straight week across the 36 federation
please I'm still waiting for the WhatsApp group.. thanks
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 16, 2020
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
#EndAsuuStrikeNow
Re: #EndASUUStrike Nationwide Protest!!! by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2020
NANS was successfully deceived by empty promises and fruitless timelines... Now, No Action, No Show...

January marks the beginning of another academic calendar- one is lost already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Educated Countries In The World Top 20 / Wuhan University Scholarship 2020 In China / Some Extreme And Glorious Moments In Ufc [graphic Photos 18+]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.