Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris (2238 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Psalm 67:2TLB 
Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plan for all mankind

What an inspiring prayer offered here by David! He prays to God to send us around the world with His Gospel – the news of His saving power, and His eternal plan for all mankind. He wants everyone to hear about it. God has a plan for all mankind but not everybody knows about it, and that’s why he prayed to God to send us around the world to tell them. Has it dawned on you that this is your mission in this world? God wants you to fulfill this mission and carry out His vision in the earth.

Many live without a sense of purpose. You’re on a mission in the earth, to do God’s work. So don’t live as though you’ve got a permanent residence in this world. It explains the reason people fight for lands, properties, and even kill for the mundane and trivial things of life; they haven’t realized that they’re on a journey in this world. The oil, diamonds, gold and minerals in the world have nothing to with the reason God brought you to this world. He brought you here to establish His Kingdom through you; that’s your mission; to burn with the urgency and fervency of heart to preach the Gospel.

You have a job here on earth; it’s called soul winning. You don’t ask “can I do it?” You do it, for that’s why you’re here. That’s why you’re growing in Christ; that’s why you’re learning the Word; it’s so you can become effective in life as a soul winner. Nothing could be more honorable and worthy of eternal reward than a lifestyle that’s dedicated to soul winning. You’re responsible for those in your sphere of contact; they’re your field of operation! You’re to reach them and touch them with the news of God’s saving power, and unveil to them His eternal purpose for their lives.

It’s God’s eternal purpose to save, heal and deliver all men into their inheritance in Christ. As His Children, we’re His missionaries commissioned to take this message of His saving power to the ends of the earth. This is not optional; it’s your compulsory Christian service. If you’re not in on it, it means something is wrong. The prayer of David in our opening verse was consummated when Jesus ascended to heaven and sent us the Holy Spirit to be with us and live in us. Consequently, you’ve been empowered by the Spirit to fulfill your missionary assignment of taking the news of God’s saving power to the ends of the earth.

Prayer
I’m alive to my divine responsibility as a missionary of the Gospel, commissioned and empowered by the Spirit to bring men and women in my world into their inheritance in Christ. I ask O Lord, that you guide my heart by your wisdom to speak a word in season to a weary soul today, a word that’ll bring salvation and strength, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Re: You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris by mabell: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

[color=#990000]Psalm 67:2TLB 
You have a job here on earth; it’s called soul winning. You don’t ask “can I do it?” You do it, for that’s why you’re here. That’s why you’re growing in Christ; that’s why you’re learning the Word; it’s so you can become effective in life as a soul winner. Nothing could be more honorable and worthy of eternal reward than a lifestyle that’s dedicated to soul winning. You’re responsible for those in your sphere of contact; they’re your field of operation! You’re to reach them and touch them with the news of God’s saving power, and unveil to them His eternal purpose for their lives.

The above got my attention and stirred up something in me

A question for you joagbaje, what happens to a christian that is not involved with soulwinning,
what will be his reward, will he go to heaven or hell?

(1) (Reply)

Religious Bigotry And Hypocrisy- Nairaland Islamic Style!!! / Some Facts About Illuminati / Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.