Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail (5061 Views)

IBB, Not Buhari, Overthrew Shagari’s Govt — Col. Nyiam / Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) / Why Is IBB Not In Prison? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2007
By not putting this Dictator in Jail, the Nigerian government is saying that it is ok to steal.

To me, the Nigerian Government is worse than 419 Groups.

Why in the world is someone like Babaginda still walking free.

This Evil Man is as bad as Saddam Hussein, as he as led to the death of Thousands of Nigerians indirectly.

The Guy has enough money, to solve Nigeria's energy Crisis. If he was rated by Forbes, he would be the Second richest man in Africa.

The Nigerian Government cannot be serious about fighting corruption, until such men are put in Jail.

I am not joking or fooling around. The fact that this man is not in Jail is the biggest Injustice.

People go to Jail for stealing as little as 100 Naira, and this Pathetic Life Form is even allowed to contest in an election when he has stolen Billions of Dollars.

There is no such thing as Justice on the African Continent, until such people are put in Jail where they belong.

Calling this Man a bastard is being too Kind.

People are diverting their attention to a rigged election, when the presence of this man in the election is a 100 times worse than the rigging.

I would hate to die, without this guy going to Jail. In fact I would die a sad death, if tis guy never went to Jail.

His Worth is as big as a lot of the economies of some African Countries.

Either this guy is a close friend of Bill Gates, or the Nigerian Government is an Extension of the Devil.

How in the world can such a man not be in Jail.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Nigeria's Government is an Elitist Organization, that comprises of Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Danjuma, and a bunch of Henchmen.

The Government is protecting people like IBB, Anenih etc. As long as you have a connection with Obasanjo or IBB etc, you can steal as much as you want.

This is an insult to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by osereka(m): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2007
ol boy I think you should bring evidence for us to nail him. if none from your end, I SURGEST YOU SHUT UP!.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2007
I won't shutup until he rots in Jail

1 Like

Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2007
You ask about Evidence, you were either born yesterday, or you are Ibrahim Babaginda's Son.

Here is an Old petition, a couple of Nigerians created to prevent IBB from ruling Nigeria again.
http://www.petitiononline.com/qd12919/petition.html

IBB running in this years election was an insult to Democracy and Humanity.

According to Forbes(The most reliable and Largest Net Worth Magazine) IBB is worth around 20 Billion dollars.

Someone doesn't think I should shut up
Human sense of decency demands that a person like Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida should NEVER PURSUE AN AMBITION TO BE A CIVILIAN PRESIDENT again in Nigeria.The Late Gen. Mamman Vatsa blood speaks against him from the grave like that of Abel in the Holy Bible.The hypocrisy in the late crocodile tears of Gen. D. Bali should be condemned.The timing is wrong and may be misconstrued to be politically motivated. However, if it has a political purpose, it still serves a good purpose in the sense that the innocence of the slain Poet Vatsa is proven, while shifting the onus of guilty conscience to Babangida(That is if he has any).To the wife of Vatsa, I say do not give up. Give your husband a good burial. To Obasanjo I say use the wisdom of God. Whatever covenant you have or had with Babangida, do not let his darkness darken your little light.If the case is investigated and found to be as asserted by Bali, let there be proper prosecution of Babangida domestically and if possible within international jurisdiction ala Charles Taylor of Liberia (who is equally an evil genius like IBB.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/ncomments.php?id=52211.

someone like Babaginda running for presidency, is like Bin Laden running for presidency in Saudi Arabia.

IBB is the worst human being on this planet, and I firmly believe that this man single handedly destroyed Nigeria.

So before you speak out of your ass osereka, show some empathy. Feel the pain that me and millions of Nigerians feel because of the thing called IBB
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by osereka(m): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2007
U ARE SO IGNORANT OF THE LAW.  THE LAW IS NOT THE LAW OF PETITIONS IF DONT KNOW. THE LAW IS THE LAW OF EVIDENCE. WRITTING PETITIONs  WITHOUT EVIDENCE WILL GET U NOWHERE.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2007
AT least I am ignorant.

Any Idiot is aware of the ammount of moeny that IBB has laundered.

FORBES has it on record. He has numerous accounts in EUROPE, which Forbes has observed.

So as Far as I am concerned, the only ignorant person is youself

Stupidity will get you nowhere
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2007
From the WORLD BANK
LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS
NAMES OF DEPOSITORS LONDON SWISS USA GERMANY
GEN IBRAHIM BABANGIDA 6.25bn 7.41bn 2.00bn 9.00bn
GEN ABUBAKAR 1.31bn 2.33bn 800M -

REAR ADMIRAL MIKE AKHIGBE 1.24bn 2.42bn 671M 1bn
GEN JERRY USENI 3.04bn 2.01bn 1.01bn 900M
ALH ISMAILA GWARZO 1.03bn 2.00bn .3bn 700M
ALH UMARU DIKKO 4.5bn 1.4bn 700M 345M
PAUL OGWUMA 300M 1.42bn 200M 500M
GEN SANI ABACHA 9.01bn 4.09bn 800M 3.01M
MOHAMMED ABACHA 300M 1.2bn 150M 535M
ABDULKADIR ABACHA 700M 1.21bn 900M 471M

ALHAJI WADA NAS 600M 1.32bn 300M -
TOM IKIMI 400M 1.39bn 152M 371M
DAN ETETE 1.12bn 1.03bn 400M 1.72bn
DON ETIBET 2.5bn 1.06bn 700M 361M
MAJ AL MUSTAPHA 600M 1.001bn 210M -
ANTHONY ANI 2.9bn 1.09bn 360M 1.66bn
BASHIR DALHATU 2.3bn 1.001bn 161M 1.43bn
GEN WUSHISHI 700M 1.301bn - -
T Y DANJUMA 300M 200M 700M -
GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI 120M 800M

This is no News Publishing, These are stats from the WORLD BANK.

I don't usually act inappropriately, but anyone who defends IBB is a slowpoke.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2007
@topic:
I think it is totally unfair to compare IBB to Saddam. It is unnecessary, you can still make your point without making such a comparison.

I recommend to take Osereka's advise; if you don't have solid evidence (please don't show us those evidence from the internet) please shut your mouth and let's focus on what is important.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2007
There is nothing to benefit from bringing down IBB at this point. The man is still very much active today as an incredible statesman and he's determined to redeem himself by assisting and guiding leaders from making unnecessary mistakes and uniting the nation.

Saddam Husein was brought down over 6 months ago; could you please identify any positive outcome from killing this man? The country, Iraq will be forever a hell hole for the next 60 years. There will never be another leader to hold thing together the way Saddam did for many years.
Believe me, "democracy is not for everybody"
I'm not try to condone Saddam's atrocities, but no one is perfect, Saddam still happened to be the best thing that ever happened in Iraq; and it will take many years to fully realize this fact.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2007
From the WORLD BANK

Do you want me to add another line to this baseless stats?
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2007
From the WORLD BANK
BIG B1 400bn 7.08bn 600M 2.26bn

Give me a break!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2007
I won't shut my mouth, when such a man remains unpunished.

I find it hard to believe, that people can ignorantly tell me to Shut Up, when such an evil exists.

Here's an Article.
Earlier this year, Obasanjo was reported, (at the time Nigeria was inching close to a deal with its creditors on the debt relief deal) as saying he had been asked about Nigerian funds stashed abroad by former officials and also given such a list and there was no official denial of this from the Nigerian government.

According to a popular international website on debt issues, Odious Debts Online, as reported on July 27, 2005, "in exchange for partial debt relief, the Paris Club of creditor nations have handed Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo a list of well-placed Nigerians to go after and prosecute for allegedly stealing and stashing public funds in overseas bank accounts."

The website, well read in western capitals said "according to various reports, President Obasanjo confirmed the list publicly after he was pressured by a delegation from the state of Kwara to reveal the conditions of the Paris Club debt relief deal."

Similarly, usually reliable sources said the World Bank had first passed such a list to Obasanjo several years back, and went ahead to leak it to the Financial Times when the Nigerian president refused to take any action on the list except regarding the Late General Sani Abacha. In the case of Abacha, President Obasanjo took steps to pursue the information made available to the Nigerian government. But in the case of others especially General Ibrahim Babangida, Obasanjo simply ignored the information.

http://www.onelga.com/loot_nig.htm

As part of a Paris Club Deal, Obasanjo was supposed to prosecute corrupt politicians, that had laundered money. Obasanjo was quick to execute the Abacha part of deal, but when it came to Politicians like IBB, he "simply ignored the Information". It is well known, that it was Sani Abacha, that sent Obasanjo to prison, so naturally he would react the way he did towards the Abacha case, but there is obviously no Love lost between him and IBB.

How can I take the advice of someone that is clearly speaking nonsense. Norway has 350 Billion of Oil Surpluses held, Nigeria has the same amount of Oil Surpluses, except the Money is spread in various accounts worldwide.

If Nigeria had that money, I cannot explain where Nigeria would be in the world. So by telling me to shut up, you have claerly highlighted the sort of Human Being you are.

The World Bank has distanced itslef from the list, because the List was acquired illegitimately.

If that is not evidence, then you must be asking me to travel back in time, and record various events orchestrated by the EVIL GENIUS "Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida"
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by osereka(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2007
dont mind the slowpoke. he read too much newspaper
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2007
Of course Naturally, IBB remains immune. Because it was He, along with other Nigerian Politicians that brought Obasnajo out of Prison and into office.

Obasanjo did not want to be president, IBB, Danjuma, and Co, brought him in to assure their Immunity. If Olufalaye had won the 1999 Elections, things might just be different.

As long as PDP is in office, the truth shall not surface and IBB will be protected.

Obasanjo went after people like Alams, he even sought after Atiku, but he couldn't go against the man that brought him to office the second time.

If $350 Billion was laundered from Nigeria and Ibrahim Badamasi was President for Eight years, between 1985 and 1993, then either Babaginda was a saint during his tenure or he undoubtedly accounts for a large percentage of the stolen Billions. If he were a saint, which is unlikely, then why was his Tenure "Nigeria's Second Depression".

Sani Abacha is undoubtedly one of the most evil dictators in the world, but when Abacah is mentioned, Babaginda is usually in the sentence.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2007
osereka:

don't mind the slowpoke. he read too much newspaper

And you clearly don't read enough.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by osereka(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2007
dont mind the slowpoke. he read too much newspaper
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2007
One question Osereka.

When are you planning on getting a Brain.

It's because of Ignorant minded people like yourself that Africa is where it is today
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2007
For those of you who have a sense of decency and are interested in Justice.

Here's a thread that you might find interesting.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-21428.0.html

Another question Osereka. Should the Starter of that Thread Shut up too. grin grin grin grin grin

I'm living amongst Morons!!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2007
Big BI How old are you? why are you so blind and see how people are suffering in Nigeria, In the history of Nigeria, no other person or president had done what IBB did to Nigeria, Not even Umaru Dikko, just hang tight, we will exposed IBB to the world. read this

How can one bastard slowpoke like IIBB greedy steal all this loop, and there is no name attributed to this accounts, just 3% of this stolen starch by IBB is enough to change millions of people's life in Nigeria.

Oprah just build a school in south Africa for $40 Million, Imagine what this Trillions will do in Nigeria, and yet, this fat neck slowpoke smiling and getting fat by the minute.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/sept/02/national-02-09-2006-01.htm

From another Thread.

Big B1, do you know how many Nigerians are dying today. If half the Money that was laundered was recovered, it would alleviate Poverty in Nigeria by a considerable amount.

$350 Billion Dollars, is nothing to joke about.

Big B1, you are an enemy of Progress and a Fool.

Odeku called you a fool and Now I am calling you a fool.

As long as people like you exist, Nigeria will remain in the gutters.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2007
Dblock, I truly admire your drive, but could you please identify what Nigeria will benefit from putting IBB in Jail?

As a leader, there are somethings you just don't touch. You have to deeply think about each situation and compare the opportunity cost before making your move.

At this point, trying to jail IBB will be a mere wast of time, money, energy and Nigeria as a country will be set back in many ways.
The leaders are too smart to make this deadly risky move.

The negative outcome over shadows the positive; this is the fact and the reason why it makes no sense to any sensible leader to go after IBB.

Moreover the evidence are too weak and do not guarantee anything.

Mr. Dblock, don't waste your time, it will never happen. Let's talk about other important things to move our country forward.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2007
@dblock:

No need to call names, stay focused and make your point. That is what adults do!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2007
Putting IBB in Jail will solve nothing, but by letting him go free, it is implying that Laundering is okay in Nigerian Society.

Nigeria is full of corrupt idiots. Perhaps Nigeria should be recolonized.

BigB1 I have read a lot of your posts, and you are no Novice when it comes to Politics etc, but I reallu have to question you perspectives here.

BigB1 here is a quick statistic for you.

Norway has the same ammount of money that was laundered fro Nigeria b people like Abacha. Norway tops mosts economic lists. Norway is on the Top of GDP Per Capita lists, HDI Lists, Geni Coefficient lists, Standard of Living lists. Nigeria is always on the Bottom.

The ammount of Damage that IBB and other Nigerian politicians have done to Nigeria directly and Africa indirectly should not be forgotten.

How can such people exist.

What do you want to do with 20 Billion dollars?
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2007
Big B1:

@dblock:

No need to call names, stay focused and make your point. That is what adult do!

You are right. I apologize.

But I am not fooling around here, this IBB issue really upsets me.

I don't care about PHCN or Nepa, I was in Nigeria, and the whole Nepa experience wasn;t too bad, but this Money Laundering upsets me.

When I become President of Nigeria, which I will be, I will sort out this Corrupt people.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2007
People (immature folks) tend to cry like pussy cat when they don't get their ways.
What is the big deal? You want IBB in jail but few people do not think so. This is life, many will never see things the same way regardless what the topic may be

Mr. Dblock, Grow up, you need not to debase your value as a man; all you need to do is to continue to present your points like an educated adult.

One love!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2007
Point Taken.

I just hope that IBB is still alive, when I become president in 28 Years time.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2007
Dblock: Let's pray for direction; God has the only solution to our problems.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and do not stress yourself over nothing; at least, Nigeria is not Iraq.

Let's hope for the best.

One Love!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2007
Thanks.

hmm there's not much use for this thread now.

SEUN, can you delete it.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Bankole01(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2007
Ther are plenty of evidence already available to prosecute any of Nigeria's mega thieves. Whenever there in none, it could be easily gathered with help from foreign friends.
What we have lacking is the goodwill of lou leaders. Either because on complicity or duplicity, there is no will to see these peple end in jail where they belong.

Obasanjo's lack of will to prosecute IBB is not because he knew he could get the same treatment.
Look at our last buch of kleptocrats who did their utmost best to cripple the nation, what has anyone doneto them out of office? Inspite of the noices made by EFCC to prosecute when their imminity lapses, what has been done so far?

The same peole that cry 'thief, thief' will be the same ones who will beg to let them go and 'leave them to the courts of God'. As long as we are complacent and unwilling to prosecute these mega thieves, we will continues to have thieves among us who give no regards to nation building, as long as they can amass a few billions.

IBB, OBJ, etc all belong in prison no doubt!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2007
Nothing positive will come out of jailing IBB.

As a leader, there are somethings you just don't touch. You have to deeply think about each situation and compare the opportunity cost before making your move.

At this point, trying to jail IBB will be a mere wast of time, money, energy and Nigeria as a country will be set back in many ways.
Trust me, leaders are too smart to make this deadly risky move; absolutely the negative results over shadow the positive.

I guess, President Bush should have taken the same advise.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2007
Posted by Dblock:
I just hope that IBB is still alive, when I become president in 28 Years time.

I hope you'll be ready, because by the grace of GOD, I shall be one of the candidates you will have to face.

One love!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Bankole01(m): 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2007
Tolerating illegality is one the things that has crippled this nation.
If anyone brakes the law and it can be proven that he did, the onus is one us to see that justice is done. In civilized countries, no one is allowed to flaunt the laws. I don't agree that it will do no good sending IBB to jail. It will deter other mega thieves from doing the same thing. That is what crime and punishment is all about!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2007
Let me repeat what Big B1 just said. Nothing good will come out of jailing IBB. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of the law.

When we say there is no evidence, there actually is no evidence. The World Bank has vehemently denied that list and distanced itself from Nigerians who want to tell sensational stories and trying to put credibility to it by associating the name of the world bank to it.

What we do have evidence of is that of you committing the crime of defamation, which carries about a 2 year jail term in some countries. Then know that it is in the law "whoever in any matter, knowingly and willfully falsifies, makes any materially false or fictitious or fraudulent statement or representation, or makes, or uses any false writing or documentation, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both".

Don't say I didn't warn you. You may remember that OBJ put one journalist in jail during his first tenure when the journalist printed a fictitious story about OBJ making $1million for every trip he made abroad.

These laws exist in every country, it's just that they are hardly ever invoked till somebody has really overstepped the boundary. I just hope you won't be the one.

By the way, to the last poster, tolerating illegality is one thing, choosing the time to deal with it is another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pdp Disqualifies Aspirants With Less Than N500m ! / Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector / History Of Nigerian Federalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.