Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,098 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:52 AM

Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail (5046 Views)

IBB, Not Buhari, Overthrew Shagari’s Govt — Col. Nyiam / Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) / Why Is IBB Not In Prison? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by ToToChoper: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2007
If I talk, una go say I don begin but to say I am highly disappointed with the way this IBB issue was quickly contained would be an understatement. This we know is the reason why we cannot move ahead on this corruption stigma that follows us- having knowledge of the canker sore in our leadership system (we actually know the thieves) but slowly dragging our feet to effecting due justice – Why? e get money, we dey fear, but nah who make am( or dem) billionaire(s), nah we make am, our money.

Money laundering no be garri, it is a federal crime and to ask why IBB should be spared jail time is same as asking why terrorizing armed robbers shouldn’t be killed by the firing squad when the proof is in the pudding.

So we perpertuate this unnecessary evil because to provide a cure or prognosis to it is time-consuming, and what becomes consequent LAWLESSNESS.

Pls. if u want to play with yourself, go do it, and not on our intelligence and of Nigerians at large. I’m even not a bit surprised at your striking similarities with the aforementioned, you know who u are.

United we must be are on the fight against corruption on every level. Call all of em to order, make dem come yarn us for court room how dem take divide our money among themselves. Thieves in uniform, thieves in agbada, thieves as leaders and you wonder why our image across the world as fellow nigerians is synonymous with mago magoism- when the head isn't right? Left to me they should be publicly disgraced- the same way they seek for office PUBLICLY.
I certainly hope this thread doesn’t take after the late Dele Giwa and die an untimely death.
Sound off dblock and let all be conscious.

These chaffs as leaders without a modicum of truth MUST FACE JUSTICE.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by fromuk(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2007
Big B1:

People (immature folks) tend to cry like pussy cat when they don't get their ways.
What is the big deal? You want IBB in jail but few people do not think so. This is life, many will never see things the same way regardless what the topic may be

Mr. Dblock, Grow up, you need not to debase your value as a man; all you need to do is to continue to present your points like an educated adult.

One love!
i cant beleive this is coming from you, defending IBB when you nearly kill mamajama for defending Ehirdaro. Infact all nigerians are the same even you Big B1 ehirdaro can do better than you and you can still more than him if you can publicly defend this IBB of a guy.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2007
Come, all these IBB haters, why don't you do something about it. Why don't you hire a lawyer and take up a case in the courts against IBB. It is allowed in the law.

Just don't drag our beautiful bouncing baby democracy into it.

You can even sue him in whichever country you are. I don't know why people will do nothing and will complain that others are doing nothing.

One of the problems of Nigeria is the "home video factor" we like intrigue too much. That is why OBJ used Oputa Panel to intrigue us when nothing was achieved but everybody was satisfied. I blame IBB. If he had taken part in the Oputa Panel entertainment series, everybody would have left him alone by now.

I still maintain that someone should take up the task of taking IBB to court. Let's see where evidence will come out from. Even the world bank itself disowned a list that it clearly published. That is to show you that even across national boundaries, people are willing to play ball.

I just don't want our national time and money to be wasted in "Oputa Panel part 2" which will feature election tribunals and corrupt ex-officials of government. It will carry on for months, every night we'll have something to watch on NTA, every morning we would see something to read in The Guardian, then after 3 months, no victor, no vanquished. We would have just ended up squandering some valuable development time.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by initiator(m): 12:31am On Jul 01, 2007
Should ibb be in jail? Yes (if we were in a western democracy and the country was actually serious about fighting corruption).

But would IBB ACTUALLY be prosecuted? No because in most parts we're a third world. During ibb's 8 years he built a web of cronies and loyalists that still pay allegience to him and control most parts of the political space.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by initiator(m): 12:43am On Jul 01, 2007
For anyone to ask for evidence to prosecute IBB thats the highest form of casuistry. Did anybody provide evidence for the trial of Alams or fayose? What about the okigbo report and oil windfall.

And for Big B1 am beginning to suspect what MAMAJAMA said about you is true. I mean, u said IBB is a STATESMAN? I felt like puking when i read that. Infact u spoilt my weekend ay saying that!

Well its ok for some folk to defend ibb for whatever interest or reason they advance but deep deep within every sincere and intelligent nigerian knows that ibb did us way more harm than good.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by initiator(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2007
For anyone to ask for evidence to prosecute IBB thats the highest form of casuistry. Did anybody provide evidence for the trial of Alams or fayose? What about the okigbo report and oil windfall.

And for Big B1 am beginning to suspect what MAMAJAMA said about you is true. I mean, u said IBB is a STATESMAN? I felt like puking when i read that. Infact u spoilt my weekend ay saying that!

Well its ok for some folk to defend ibb for whatever interest or reason they advance but deep deep within every sincere and intelligent nigerian knows that ibb did us way more harm than good.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by initiator(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2007

Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 12:56am On Jul 01, 2007
I keep saying that if someone wants to display their arrogance, it doesn't need to be done three times.

My friend, I beg you to go and sue IBB. Nobody will stop you. Gather your evidence, get the best lawyer and pursue the case in any court of law in the world. It is allowed. Stop castigating people for doing nothing when you can do something. DO SOMETHING!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by ToToChoper: 1:21am On Jul 01, 2007
First off, I do not hate IBB or his outlines but I simply hate the forces of power-control, of greed and of corruption in our country. To me this has been the continual culprit to our setback in every aspect of development. I understand your questions very well @denex but unwittingly my brother why deliberately make known your back-seated attitude towards ”doing something” about it?
On this regard of IBB, we all know a lot of hands are tainted, nationally and internationally- thus the only reason why he is IMMUNE. Also the reason you see wannabe -IBBs paying homage to him at his Minna mansion.
But I say we need not be weary in this struggle folks, we need not lose focus. What goes around must definitely come around and we have to be steadfast in this commitment.
I myself like many Nigerians am tired of the soap opera play out administration after administration. So I have taken a bold step in my own way in effecting a change, but to reveal it here for the likes of IBB would only pertuate this virus.   
Nigeria is over forty years old my friend and for the most part we have been exporting crude oil to foreign countries, yet with our oil money, federal roads are looking like crap, communities lack basic amenities like tap water while at the same time our Legislooters travel abroad to receive medical care that could be treated at home.
Have you ever bothered to ask yourself why our people are sleeping at the foreign embassies in desperate attempts to get visas to leave the country?- because they also are TIRED OF THE CORRUPTION.

Not to veer off on a tangent, bottomline we need not run or be weary in this struggle. We need not lose sight. I have said my peace.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 1:41am On Jul 01, 2007
Well, I hope you work on your plan. My own plan is very simple, patient and out in the open. I am not keeping it secret. Marwa, Abiola, Igbinedion, IBB, Tinubu all of them that stole, I am going to desecrate their graves. Dig out their remains and drop it in the streets of the ghettos.

I will let the ones still alive to know that even when you're dead, you can still be punished.

The way, the go abroad for treatment now, that is how they will start going abroad to buy grave plots. Yet we will follow them wherever, pull out their carcasses and drop them in Obalende Roundabout.

As you have your plan, so I have my plan but don't come and tell me to prevail on government to embark on a wild goose chase with our jean foreign reserves. Or even for government to risk a military coup by pursuing dormant ex-military presidents. It is not good for us right now.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 1:49am On Jul 01, 2007
Initiator, please calm down. You totally got it wrong.

My Point:
At this point in Nigeria, it will be a total waste to make any attempt to prosecute this man.
1. The evidence is too weak
2. There are too many die hard IBB supporters, who also happen to be controlling things in Nigeria today and also will, tomorrow
3. The loser will definitely not be IBB, the loser will be the innocent citizens of Nigeria (you and I). So why waste time, money, energy and jeopardize a major set back for our nation?

You see, there is no need to get too emotional about this issue, it is what it is; it will never happen just for the sake of peace, unity and stability.

Yes, lately the man represents an incredible statesman, who understands that he's far from being perfect and totally committed to assisting in elevating our nation back to the top. And he's doing a great job, you may not see it, but that is the truth.

Trust me, IBB is not what you think and this is one of the major reasons why this man still walks around with confidence with out any pressure coming from anywhere. The ones that are close to him know the real IBB and they are ready to do anything for this man.

It is always important to think systematically about things before making a move. Bush is paying today for not taking the same advise.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by initiator(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2007
Truth is denex you dont think straight
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 1:55am On Jul 01, 2007
The truth: It will be a rat race war that will absolutely produce BIG ZERO at the end of the day.

Please, let's save time and some money; leave the man alone.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 1:58am On Jul 01, 2007
@initiator

you have no idea! You think because I try to maintain peace that I don't know who should be punished and when?

My guy the soul that sinned shall surely die. And in death shall I mete out my own punishment.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2007
I know that you guys will kill me for this, but i will still go ahead and put it out there:

I still see Nigeria at her best with IBB as the president for the second time.
You guys can not understand how bad this man wanted to come back to make thing right and redeem himself.
He loves Nigeria and will do anything to ascend this nation back to the top.

This is a man who knows that he's far from being called Mr. perfect, but still willing to correct things.

I still feel that Nigerians should have given him a second chance. The man had too much to lose not to do the right thing for the second time.

But I'm very happy for Yar'Adua, I admire his honesty and sincerity. I think greatness for Nigeria is around the corner.
Let's work together as one and pray for all our leaders to always do what is right at all time.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by initiator(m): 2:18am On Jul 01, 2007
@ Big B1 i admitted the impracticability of prosecuting the man.

But nigerians must put an expiry date to the guy's relevance. All he has served this country after 8 harrowing years is economic retardation, unsolved murders, and a most toxic annulment of the freest election. And to herald the guy as a stateman? C'MOON!
@ denex waiting for his death is a bloody waste of time cos it wont change the course of the years. The solution is to raise the standard of governance so that we never go back to those ignoble times.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by ToToChoper: 2:30am On Jul 01, 2007
The idea of turning a blind eye to political degenerates like IBB is not only misleading but built on flawed assumptions it is futile. This is in a sense moral degeneracy at its best, but let us do what is morally right and remain firm in our convictions.

Im don chop belleful, now he wan repent- just like all of dem dey repent.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 2:36am On Jul 01, 2007
@Big B1

let him redeem himself by forming an NGO. Let him redeem himself by giving Sadakah to the needy everyday till he dies. In most countries, there are individuals that do more for the people and community than the president. Let him find another way to redeem himself not with our future.

The man is still respectable so he should continue promoting golf and maybe oneday, he'll produce a golfer that will win the PGA Tour for Nigeria. Then he would have redeemed himself.

@initiator

So you think what am talking about is futile. Well, tell me whether all those criminals dreaming of someday lying in a gold casket will not take this as a deterrent.

Do you think Marwa wants his dead body to be found in a dumpster in Mushin months after his death?
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by kitaun(m): 2:37am On Jul 01, 2007
some of you guys are just plain unrealistic tongue

IBB is UNTOUCHABLE, whether u like it or not is irrelevant tongue cool

I know some of 'em haterz would come crucify me for thisetc Mckren et al

why do u think he stepped aside for Yaradua saying he could not bring himself to contest against a brother of his

I still maintain he is the most important figure in the political firmament as at now cool

U guys can keep chasing shadows sha . . . but the truth must be said, no leader has/will ever have the gumption to try IBB while alive cheesy
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by McKren(m): 3:21am On Jul 01, 2007
kitaun:

some of you guys are just plain unrealistic tongue

IBB is UNTOUCHABLE, whether u like it or not is irrelevant tongue cool

I know some of 'em haterz would come crucify me for thisetc Mckren et al

why do u think he stepped aside for Yaradua saying he could not bring himself to contest against a brother of his

I still maintain he is the most important figure in the political firmament as at now cool

You guys can keep chasing shadows sha . . . but the truth must be said, no leader has/will ever have the gumption to try IBB while alive cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yea am proud to be an IBB hater. I think Nigeria will be better of without him. Sorry to say that though.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:17am On Jul 01, 2007
Posted by Mckren:
I think Nigeria will be better of without him.

Dude, what are you talking about? Nigeria has been without IBB for over 10 years. And it is clear that your folks still can't get it together.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by oye7: 4:43am On Jul 01, 2007
WHAT WE NEED IS A REVOLUTION,WERE SOMEONE WILL LINE UP ALL THESE ROGUES AND KILL THEM ALL . THEN WE CAN START AFRESH.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 6:05am On Jul 01, 2007
Should ibb be in jail? Yes (if we were in a western democracy and the country was actually serious about fighting corruption).

But would IBB ACTUALLY be prosecuted? No because in most parts we're a third world. During ibb's 8 years he built a web of cronies and loyalists that still pay allegience to him and control most parts of the political space.

Exactly, Obasanjo even defended Babaginda in Public.

The amount of money stolen from Nigeria, is enough to make Bil Gates look Poor. This is not 1 Million dollars, this is billions.

And I feel that none of these Thieves have received their punishment. Sani Abacha died before he could receive his.

Nigeria is obviously run by a group of elitist, as long as you are in that inner circle, you can do as you please. Atiku Abubakar was put under the rader, because he fell out of that Inner Circle.

Obasanjo is a General, He was in the 70s and He is today. Nigeria has not produced a True "Civilian President".

All these so called "Civilian Candidates" Lay root to our Military past. Even Yar'Adua is a product.

If Obasanjo was a good president, IBB would be in Jail right now.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 6:12am On Jul 01, 2007
Big B1:

Posted by Mckren:
Dude, what are you talking about? Nigeria has been without IBB for over 10 years. And it is clear that your folks still can't get it together.

Nigeria will not be without IBB, even long after he is dead. His Will remains in our Politics. All these Politicians, are all products of his will. Babaginda didn't put Obasanjo in office, for nothing. Obasanjo is an extension of Babaginda, Abacha was an extension of Babaginda and Yar'Adua is an extension of Babaginda and Obasanjo.

I wonder why Yar'Adua is pleading with Atiku and Babaginda to join him. Why isn't he distancing himself from them. It is because they are one.

All of Nigeria's Problems, from the last 20 Years are connected to Babaginda in one way or another.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 6:15am On Jul 01, 2007
Big B1:

I know that you guys will kill me for this, but i will still go ahead and put it out there:

I still see Nigeria at her best with IBB as the president for the second time.
You guys can not understand how bad this man wanted to come back to make thing right and redeem himself.
He loves Nigeria and will do anything to ascend this nation back to the top.

This is a man who knows that he's far from being called Mr. perfect, but still willing to correct things.

I still feel that Nigerians should have given him a second chance. The man had too much to lose not to do the right thing for the second time.

But I'm very happy for Yar'Adua, I admire his honesty and sincerity. I think greatness for Nigeria is around the corner.
Let's work together as one and pray for all our leaders to always do what is right at all time.

May God bless Nigeria.

I am Sure, Mobutu felt the same way.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2007
oye7

What exactly we don't need is a revolution. Have you people ever taken time to really read about the people that were beheaded during th French revolution? Guilty and innocent? We're generally estimating that about 30% of Nigerians are potentially corrupt. Do you know the kind of Epidemic that would occur if 42million people are killed at the same time? We keep crying about the civil war where less than 3million people were killed. What do you think will happen when 42million people are killed? Another at least 30million will die of diseases related to the decomposition of those dead bodies.

@dblock

Abacha didn't die. He was killed by an overdose of viagra which resulted in a cardiac arrest. He didn't just die because those Indian prostitutes didn't just appear from thin air. The man was OD on viagra and even his wife knew it.

But that doesn't mean I'll forget to uproot his grave and dump his carcass in a garbage dump in Mushin. Death is only the beginning!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by dblock(m): 10:22am On Jul 01, 2007
Death is death. If someone is murdered it doesn't mean that they didn't die.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2007
BIGB1 you are so demented, why will it be a total waste of time to investigate and prosecute IBB? Ain't you the same guy that is calling for transparency? ain't you the same guy that is calling for EHINDEROs' probe? why should this tootless general that liberated corruption, 419 be spare? Answer he is your father and they say blood is thicker than water. I think we should revive ABACHA and give him back all the money he stole. How can you want Nigerians to move forward when this evil general is still very active in politics underground? Hausa's people stick together we know YAR ADUA will never investigate IBB, but who will?
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2007
The only reason IBB is not in jail is because he is been protected by the people he single handedly funded their election. E.G OBJ. and we know Yar Adua has no balls to probe IBB
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by oye7: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2007
denex
I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN. WHAT ABOUT A MINI- REVOLUTON, RAWLINGS STYLE WERE ONLY THE VERY CORRUPT LEADERS WITH EVIDENCE OF LOOTED FUNDS ARE LIQUIDATED.
ONE OF THESE DAYS IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, WE JUST CAN KEEP GOING ON LIKE THIS. NIGERIA PROBLEMS IS WAY MORE THAN JUST IBB.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2007
MAMAJAMA, obviously the vacation you took didn't do much for you; you're still the same old corroded fruit, but it's OK, I never expected too much from you anyway.

The problem here is the fact that you continue to mix things up. Please, please and please, stop comparing ehindero to IBB. The difference is very clear.
ehindero could be relocated to kirikiri tonight and I guarantee you that a single Nigerian will not be deprived of any sleeping time; believe me, it will still rain and the moon will still shine just like any other day.

Stop tripping, don't be silly and stay focused.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2007
Posted by Oye7:
I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN. WHAT ABOUT A MINI- REVOLUTON, RAWLINGS STYLE WERE ONLY THE VERY CORRUPT LEADERS WITH EVIDENCE OF LOOTED FUNDS ARE LIQUIDATED.
ONE OF THESE DAYS IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, WE JUST CAN KEEP GOING ON LIKE THIS. NIGERIA PROBLEMS IS WAY MORE THAN JUST IBB.

Oye7: please go in the backyard for fresh air. You seem to be lacking material (it's not by force, you truly don't have to say anything).

Do you know anything about this same RAWLINGS?

There are many other available strategies that could solve our corruption problem more effectively and efficiently.
Ghana is a size of combination of only 3 states in Nigeria. What worked for them doesn't necessarily means will work for us. Nigerians are very bright and with strong leadership sky is the limit for us.

Stop preaching senseless strategy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Likely To Be Another Pakistan By 2035 – Wikileaks ! / Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" / Why Has Asari Dokubo Kept Silent About The Australian? [PICTURE WITH NEGOTIATOR]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.