Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy (8174 Views)

WTO: Peter Obi Visits Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Discusses Nigeria's Economic Recovery / Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-uk Post Brexit Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy / How Osinbajo Detected P&ID Fraud Against Nigeria - UK Judge Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Zeesugar(f): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
*STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE*
*OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT*

*OSINBAJO DISCUSSES NIGERIA-UK POST BREXIT RELATIONS WITH JOHNSON’S TRADE ENVOY*

Discussions around improving relations between Nigeria and the United Kingdom (UK) across different sectors especially in the post Brexit era is not only exciting but will make a difference for both countries, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this Monday when he received on a courtesy visit to the Presidential Villa, a UK delegation led by the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Nigeria, Ms Helen Grant. The envoy is in the country to discuss Brexit among other issues.

According to the Vice President “I am really excited about the prospect of what the next few months and years hold for our two countries. I also share your optimism that this is probably the best opportunity for us to do a lot. And to do so in a manner that will make a great difference for our two countries.”

Prof. Osinbajo also noted that the COVID-19 pandemic era offers opportunity for Nigeria and the UK to adopt innovative ways of addressing challenges facing both countries, noting that education, capacity building in the judiciary sector, among others are important areas of interest to Nigeria.

On her part, Ms Grant said her visit to Nigeria is a deliberate effort by the UK government to deepen conversations with friendly countries across different sectors, ahead of Brexit.

She said aside trade, both countries can work harder to strengthen ties in agriculture, health, technology, judiciary and other sectors, expressing her country’s interest in ensuring that Nigeria records improvements in the aforementioned areas.

Stating the excitement that came with her appointment, Ms Grant, born to a Nigerian father, described her new assignment as Trade Envoy as a dream job and promised to support the deepening of trade relations between both countries by connecting more British investors to do business in Nigeria.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, and officials from the UK High Commission were present at the meeting.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
15th December 2020
https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/post-brexit-relations-osinbajo-discusses-british-trade-envoy-333224/amp

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Jollylolly(f): 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Some people still think UK will sanction Nigerian... In their wildest dreams

Since gaining its independence in 1960, Nigeria has maintained strong relations with the United Kingdom, its former colonial master. The United Kingdom is now one of Nigeria’s strongest allies. I think we need UK more now because of the challenges facing the country.

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by okefranci: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Both countries can work harder to strengthen ties in agriculture, health, technology, judiciary and other sectors, expressing her country’s interest in ensuring that Nigeria records improvements in the aforementioned areas.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
smiley
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Thunder1010: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
Relationship between the two countries will surely bring great development in the country. Nigeria is a friendly nation that other countries will love to relate with.
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Naturopathic: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is probably the best opportunity for us to do a lot. And to do so in a manner that will make a great difference for our two countries.
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by BlackfireX: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
grin mere commissioner acting like minister of condolence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Nomorelove: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
Wetin that one sabi
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by saiido: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
Mtchwww
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Adadisis: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
Naturopathic:
This is probably the best opportunity for us to do a lot. And to do so in a manner that will make a great difference for our two countries.
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Disgital: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Thunder1010:
Relationship between the two countries will surely bring great development in the country. Nigeria is a friendly nation that other countries will love to relate with.

Meaning
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Maxikenna: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
τнis мαท sнσυℓ∂ gσ αท∂ rєsτ αท∂ αℓsσ rєsigท αท∂ нαท∂ σvєr τσ sσмєσทє τнατ is cαραвℓє τσ вє vicє ρrєsi∂єทτ' ωє ทigєriαทs αrє τirє∂ σƒ σsiทвαjσ' нє sнσυℓ∂ rєsigท ωiτн iммє∂iατє єƒƒєcτ
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Starboytwo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
I nor even know

Una don solve the katsina wahala finish abi "ko kan aiye" as usual.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Mefrufme: 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
#6[ODD] AVAILABLE; FROM GERMANY;
KICKOFF @ 6:30PM

WHAT-SAP;

0 9 1 3 3 0 1 9 2 90
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING#
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by TopCreativeJob4(m): 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
It is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by voiceless1(m): 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Osinbajo is finally out.
2023 here we come
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by low2high: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
WHEN WILL NIGERIA OWN BREXIT START WITH THE NORTH?

Nigeria must BREXIT out of this military constitution that has kept regions tied together against their own indvidual development target.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by janedonez(m): 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nice
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
nice one
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Flytime: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
Jollylolly:
Some people still think UK will sanction Nigerian... In their wildest dreams

Since gaining its independence in 1960, Nigeria has maintained strong relations with the United Kingdom, its former colonial master. The United Kingdom is now one of Nigeria’s strongest allies. I think we need UK more now because of the challenges facing the country.

no be lie,I was actually shocked they didn't sanction nigeria but hey they can't risk the profit they make from nigeria especially since they need all the resources they can get for brexit to he successful
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by EdoFirstBorn(m): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
Now this is one of the few Yoruba men I like

Succinct intelligent sauve and classy

What more can you ask for . Not that brown toothed, corrupt, hunched, drug addled rottweiler called tinubu

Osibanjo is a man amongst men

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by 9jaBlogger: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2020
VP (academics)

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by sewaqueen: 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hmmmm...Na so!

Anyway, no dull am I have pen!s enlargement gel for the men wey sabi,
Go from 1min to 30mins no stop with harder and bigger 'gbola'...
Not too expensive, its just 5k only.

Lagos clients only pls, my WhatsApp number is in my signature/bio/profile for a chat on how to place order kiss kiss kiss
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Patrioticman007(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nigerians are very happy with the one & only true pastor (VP) in the country.
This man has never faked a miracle nor attempted to create one & he is a pastor ooooo, while the other pastors are busy raising the dead, changing panties of ladies & doing yahoo plus.
Sai Pastor Osibanjo 2023 !!!

Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by pegix(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
How Britain wan take safe us from dix overpopulation na him i no get
Imagine one hausa man having 7wives , each of them manufacturing not less dan 5 kids for him grin...i see one i shock

Las last we go dey aiit sha wink
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by israelmao(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2020
Star boy on the move
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Enudapan: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Wassapviews: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
Misplaced priority
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by Exc2000: 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
cool
Re: Osinbajo Discusses Nigeria-UK Post BREXIT Relations With Johnson’s Trade Envoy by dynicks(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
OSIBANJO THIS; OSIBANJO THAT......and yet a supposed president is far away in daura attending to his citizens (cows) making sure they are well fed and cared for....HE even had to install CCTV cameras to enable a 24/7 closeness and observation between him and his first class citizens

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Halts Judgement On Ayade / Katsina High Court Recovers Over ₦900 Million From Anchor Borrowers Scheme / Vienna House: Austrian Court Vindicates Diezani Alison-Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.