Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number (57769 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by OceanEye: 9:16am On Dec 16, 2020
My mind is telling me that this news is fale
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by emonis88: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2020
rusher14:

In light of insecurity which pervades the Nigerian state, facilitated by unidentified individuals taking advantage of the mobile network and the anonymity the prevailing regime accords them, a most useful solution would be to tie phone lines to a database of identification on a national scale.

The ball is in your court, why do you disagree with the idea?
do u think d kidnappers call with their number or an associate's number? from stories heard they call d victims family with d victims phone number
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2020
jlinkd78:
Telecom providers should send a link through SMS for this updating and should not be through jam-packing of their offices

You are very wise. wiser than FG.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Jidibia(m): 9:37am On Dec 16, 2020
Dial *346# to check your SIM NIN status.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by ny1234: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2020
This is part of the plan to create the beast system (facist totalitarian state). It has been revealed that the COVID-19 vaccine will include nanoparticles to drive this agenda. NIN program is ploy to harvest your DNA too.

See https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/fg-dumps-plastic-national-identity-card-for-digital-identification/
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Membis333: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2020
Bad market for Yahoo business

1 Like

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by ny1234: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2020
OdefaGirl:
I actually don't know their major aim for this development....

It is clear their aim is to create fascist state. It is a case of problem, reaction, solution. They create a problem and then once there is a reaction, they implement their agenda. This move by FG is part of the COVID-19 agenda no doubt about it.

NIN program is a DNA harvesting scheme.You will see what will happen next year once the vaccine is available in Nigeria.

See https://www.biometricupdate.com/202008/nigerias-national-biometric-id-proposed-to-go-digital-add-dna
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by KushLyon(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
rusher14:

Security has everything to do with Mr. A being able to abduct an individual, requesting ransom be paid , networking with his henchmen all under the cloak of anonymity.

Should a database exist for all phone users, tied to unique and identifiable individuals, it would go a long way to reduce such crimes.

No single strategy can eradicate crime.

It takes a holistic approach and the contribution of the citizenry to address such.

If you are opposed to it, explain why .

What will stop the kidnappers from stealing someone's phone and use the sim to carry out their activities while security operatives trace the sim to the owner who isn't even a part of it? Or you think kidnappers aren't smart enough to figure out how to bypass the system?
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Kolisky(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
2rez:

From the benefit of hindsight, u should know if u dont know say na FG be kidnappers & kidnappers na FG & vice versa.

grin grin
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Abdogood(m): 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
Too many story. Oga bring it on. Misplace priority.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Ferrous(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2020
Me that is using three different SIM cards
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by sekem: 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2020
JohnDazzy:

Did you just arrive in Nigeria?

What exactly do you mean by that? lipsrsealed

Dreament:
you are the one struggling with illitracy. how can government give two week ultimatum. I can't forget the stress I pass tru when I registered for bvn back then. and they want to repeat such thing during Corona virus

For someone who cannot even spell illiteracy very well...

You and I know that the two weeks ultimatum is not feasible.

The fact is that so many of you Nigerians have this disgustingly lackadaisical approach to so many things in life, therefore any means to get you guys taking actions is pretty much welcome by me.

Sunmoluvic:

I wonderwhy people like you just talk without thinking, yes covid-19 is still a problem and number of cases rising day by day, apart from that, it's impossible to accomplish that within 2 weeks, except if they're going to create a ussd code to allow people link they're nin from home.
Upto 50 percent of Nigerians don't have nin, it took me hours to get my nin all because of bad network and all that, I remember last year when students were asks to provide nin for jamb registration, come and see crowd at the nin registration centre, they later suspended it because many students couldn't get their nin, now we are talking about the entire country, within 2 weeks. Please always think before you post.
Thanks

How come that when it comes to looting palliative warehouses nationwide, COVID19 is no longer a problem to you guys?

You are now making all sorts of stupid and meaningless excuses for those who have never bothered to register for NIN.

Meanwhile NIN registration has been going on for the past FIVE to SIX years or thereabout.

How I wish they will block your lines, lemme see what you guys will do. lipsrsealed
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
[quote author=Maxymilliano post=97104645]Mumu government
[/quoted]

Mumu
I think they are very greedy and selfish.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
sekem:

What exactly do you mean by that? lipsrsealed

For someone who cannot even spell illiteracy very well...

You and I know that the two weeks ultimatum is not feasible.

The fact is that so many of you Nigerians have this disgustingly lackadaisical approach to so many things in life, therefore any means to get you guys taking actions is pretty much welcome by me.

How come that when it comes to looting palliative warehouses nationwide, COVID19 is no longer a problem to you guys?

You are now making all sorts of stupid and meaningless excuses for those who have never bothered to register for NIN.

Meanwhile NIN registration has been going on for the past FIVE to SIX years or thereabout.

How I wish they will block your lines, lemme see what you guys will do. lipsrsealed
If they've distributed the palliatives without hourding it, looting wouldn't have happened
You're right about the fact that many people have not registered for NIn, and I can assure you that many old men and women are not even aware of it, the don't even know what it is, that's because the government didn't take every necessary measure for everyone to register for it on time.
And you should know that even if everyone has a NIN, two weeks wouldn't be enough for NIn update, the government complained that EndSars protest caused inflation and all that, two weeks for NIn update would be worse than EndSars protest, because this involves the entire country.
See I get your point, but everyone knows two weeks is too small, the started already today and those that work for the Network providers SA it's not yet started, the network provider will definitely take a couple of days to put in place the registration, and Nas already told ncc to extend it till February ending, next year.
So what's the point.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Conceptsncontex(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
SAMAJ:
Following the earlier directive on the suspension of new SIM registration by network operators, the Federal government has directed all operators in the country to disconnect every SIM card not synchronized with valid National Identity Number (NIN) by December 30th 2020.

This came after an urgent meeting of key stakeholders in the Communications industry convened by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) on Monday, December 14, 2020.

The meeting in its resolution insisted that all telecom operators must from Thursday, December 16, 2020 require all their subscribers to provide valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.

https://twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/1338918738662465537?s=19
What happened to BVN and all the biometrics we have carried out all of our lives? Nigeria is a backward nation

1 Like

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Coolgent(m): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
wilyparker:
then police will demand for money
Chai undecided
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Coolgent(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
Excuzeme:

And Police will ask you to brink #50,000 for tracking it, only to end up doing nothing and keep asking you for more money.
It just happened to my cousin. undecided
Abeg, this Nigeria is a fraud.
I heard a case where they recovered the Phone, grant the assailant bail and sold the Phone
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by primestreams: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
Link NIN with MTN number online before

https://www.nairaland.com/6317691/how-link-nin-mtn-online
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by maiunguwar: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
rusher14:

I disagree.

I got my NIN easily without knowing anyone.
Is the NIN same as National I'd card?
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by maiunguwar: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2020
rusher14:

In light of insecurity which pervades the Nigerian state, facilitated by unidentified individuals taking advantage of the mobile network and the anonymity the prevailing regime accords them, a most useful solution would be to tie phone lines to a database of identification on a national scale.

The ball is in your court, why do you disagree with the idea?
kidnappers can still use stolen phones to make call and put the original owner in trouble
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by sekem: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

If they've distributed the palliatives without hourding it, looting wouldn't have happened
You're right about the fact that many people have not registered for NIn, and I can assure you that many old men and women are not even aware of it, the don't even know what it is, that's because the government didn't take every necessary measure for everyone to register for it on time.
And you should know that even if everyone has a NIN, two weeks wouldn't be enough for NIn update, the government complained that EndSars protest caused inflation and all that, two weeks for NIn update would be worse than EndSars protest, because this involves the entire country.
See I get your point, but everyone knows two weeks is too small, the started already today and those that work for the Network providers SA it's not yet started, the network provider will definitely take a couple of days to put in place the registration, and Nas already told ncc to extend it till February ending, next year.
So what's the point.

They are now doing online linking.

So a lot can be accomplished within two weeks. grin
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2020
sekem:

They are now doing online linking.

So a lot can be accomplished within two weeks. grin
Yeah, that better.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by nani667: 10:13am On Dec 19, 2020
Seems it can be done via the MTN app undecided

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Ogbotobo77(m): 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
Is there any place I can register for NIN around egbeda?
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Aystarz: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2020
Ogbotobo77:
Is there any place I can register for NIN around egbeda?

I think we have to go to Ikeja LGA

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / Enjoy 250MB With Just N300 On Airtel / Things You Don't Know About The Whatsapp Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.