Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number (57757 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by adewad13(m): 3:23am On Dec 16, 2020
Believe me...this is another failed policy
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by olmoRoc: 3:42am On Dec 16, 2020
Useless thieving clueless government.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Emeka71(m): 4:11am On Dec 16, 2020
olatade:
They should bare it in mind that covid 19 is on a second wave invasion. This is not the time to jam pac the offices of telecom operators and 2 weeks is to short to synchronise millions of customers.
People shall full the offices of MTN and even NIN.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by wilyparker(m): 4:18am On Dec 16, 2020
Coolgent:

That's why law says you should report to Police station as soon as you lost phone or anything valuable
then police will demand for money
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Agugbadin: 4:43am On Dec 16, 2020
Which NIN, some of us who applied since 2016 has not received our National ID card. Some of this Buhari appointees should do their homework before taking any decision. Unfortunately some of them do not understand what the ordinary citizens are going through as a result of their inefficiency.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Credobee(m): 4:54am On Dec 16, 2020
First things first.......
Get all Nigerians on the nin and release their cards to them........
I registered for nin in 2017 and have not gotten my ID

1 Like

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by jaxxy(m): 4:57am On Dec 16, 2020
IlovePMB:
Always on the wrong time of the year. Useless and insensitive government.

This policy is useless because it would put innocent people into trouble. Criminals would rob you of your phone and use it to make all the calls they need and throw your sim card away after they are done. The police would then arrest you.

Aboki remains Aboki.

Makes no difference even now if criminals use ur fones/sim, it’s still tied to ur identity not so

This will only add more security to verification of sim identity bt there is already a previous one with u name and thumbprint.

Calling aboki is derogatory as dija singing iyamuri bt u won’t see that now since the insult isn’t on ur tribe. We are our problem.

Infact national identity shud be connected to almost everything u do as a Nigerian not just ur SIM card.

The only issue is the time frame.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by 11thGoldTREE: 5:04am On Dec 16, 2020
ATEAMS:
WAHALA for who dey use 3 diff registered SIM
I have Upto 10
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by bobo65(m): 5:15am On Dec 16, 2020
Credobee:
First things first.......
Get all Nigerians on the nin and release their cards to them........
I registered for nin in 2017 and have not gotten my ID

I registered for nin in 2015

No card till date
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by ikorodureporta: 5:21am On Dec 16, 2020
morrafuccaz
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by AerialMapper: 5:27am On Dec 16, 2020
They should disconnect it let us rest!

I do not and will not go and join a never ending queue to get an NIN!

Nigeria is designed to make life hard else getting an NIN should not be a strenuous process.

What is hard in opening a portal that one can log in using a verified information source; Drivers license, BVN , international passport. The user updates any information, uploads evidence and you get your NIN.... but NO!!!! That will not make you suffer

1 Like

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:39am On Dec 16, 2020
MoDaniel:
Wait! which sim cards are they talking about?
Because all my registered sim cards are not linked with NIN.
So how did you get your NIN since you use a registered SIM to send an sms with their code?
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 16, 2020
Lets keep our hands close to our chest and see how they will pull it off. The idea is good, but the timing is wrong.

How far and well, are we doing with BVN to begin with?

1 Like

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Terver90: 5:50am On Dec 16, 2020
I commend them for this, if it is for the insecurity tackling
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by alawiiyeyoruba: 5:55am On Dec 16, 2020
I think there should be a way to do this NIN in the comfort of our homes bearing in mind that festivities is just around the corner.

Pounded yam (Iyán) is considered as the king of all foods because of its many outstanding characteristics ranging from how it’s been prepared to the palatable & pleasurable feeling it gives when consumed hence the popular saying “Iyán ni ọba oúnjẹ”. Pounded yam being a common food among the Yorubas and popularly called Iyán in the Yoruba language is a whitish/creamy looking food gotten from pounding of yam, the delicacy is a gooey dough-like textured food which is conventionally prepared by pounding/beating the boiled yams in a mortal with a pestle. Pounded yam........ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/pounded-yam-more-than-a-food-to-the-yorubas/
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Unconquerable: 5:58am On Dec 16, 2020
These idiots will always come up with new disgusting and meaningless policies to further frustrate the populace.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Monday5(m): 6:03am On Dec 16, 2020
Huh!!!

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by dboyoji: 6:04am On Dec 16, 2020
What about foreigners in the country, they won't have access to telecom services anymore?

1 Like

Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by JJmubby: 6:07am On Dec 16, 2020
olatade:
They should bare it in mind that covid 19 is on a second wave invasion. This is not the time to jam pac the offices of telecom operators and 2 weeks is to short to synchronise millions of customers.

Facts
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by slowice(m): 6:31am On Dec 16, 2020
post=97104671:
This is how the sane countries we want to emulate as a nation start to build their countries to a sane society they are today.

Really? They started by giving over 100m people 2weeks to synchronise their sim with NIN in the middle of pandemic prepping for a second wave... Wow, how intelligent
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Ensquare(m): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2020
Disconnect my business SIM and see what I will Do. Nonsense ��
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Ensquare(m): 6:38am On Dec 16, 2020
Disconnect my business SIM and see what I will Do. Nonsense grin angry
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by KossyKiss97(f): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2020
Katlyst:

Living close to Dangote oil refinery is not a good marketing strategy considering health implications. My2cents.

Well I understand your thoughts, but for a lot of folks, they prefer locations with potential to develop really fast, and the refinery will surely do that for them. It's a very good marketing strategy for those who intend to work in the refinery and stay close to their work environment
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by ekevwe(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2020
BHUHARiE:
THIS IS A GOOD MOVE. EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T TOTALLY STOP THE EVILS CARRYING THEIR DEVILISH ATROCITY. BUT IS A GOOD MOVE IT WILL AFFECT IN ONE OR THE OTHER WAY.KUDUS TO PANTAMY MUCH LOVE FROM NAIRALANDERS YOU ARE WORKING EFFORTLESSLY AND WE FEEL THE INPACT .THANKS ALOT

GOD BLESS U @PANTAMY
GOD BLESS OUR HUMBLE @BUHARI
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Your sim will be hot cake for those people who are in that dubious business of kidnapping and stealing. innocent ppl will go to jail for crime they didn't commit
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by breezeng: 6:47am On Dec 16, 2020
This is a good move, if it will be pursued logically. It will reduce crime drastically. It should be pursued vigorously
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 16, 2020
post=97104671:
This is how the sane countries we want to emulate as a nation start to build their countries to a sane society they are today.
LOL, a country with no data base and porous borders, you are joking. This is far from it.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by emonis88: 6:56am On Dec 16, 2020
this govt has gone crazy.
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by iamkneeyi: 6:56am On Dec 16, 2020
Good move..
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by Ezenwa12345(m): 6:58am On Dec 16, 2020
Which kind wahala be this
This people will just do meeting and come up with useless policy Everytime
Re: FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number by modsfucker: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2020
Drybones:

Yes, I did

So that means your number has been synchronized with your NIN. Just dial *346# from that number to verify.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / Enjoy 250MB With Just N300 On Airtel / Smartphone Memes That Will Make Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.