Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son (13375 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Shot My 9-Month Pregnant Sister In Kaduna - Man Curses (Photo) / Michael Nnadi: Corpse Of The Seminarian Who Was Killed By Kidnappers (Graphic) / Cultists Surrender At King Goddy Idaminabo's Palace In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by SandraJane: 6:43am On Dec 16, 2020
A woman, Mrs Angela Ozioko, on Tuesday told the Enugu State Police Brutality and Extra-judicial Killings Panel how ex-state commissioner of finance, Goddy Nnadi, brought men of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad and shot her son, Emeka Ozioko, during a church ceremony and took away his body since December 4, 2011.

Ozioko told the panel that she had been crying for the past nine years over the disappearance of her son.

She said she visited many police stations and SARS office to look for her son, adding that none of the police formations had any record of her son’s arrest.

She urged the panel to unravel the mystery behind Emeka’s disappearance, adding that if he has been killed, those involved should be held to account.

She said “ Emeka Ozioko who was shot on December 4, 2011, around 3:30pm at Ohum Orba in the Udenu Local Government by operatives of the disbanded SARS, who took him away.

“Since then I have not seen him and none of police formation accepted that they know anything about his case. We went to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Enugu; we went to the office of the disbanded SARS, we went to Udenu Police Division and all of them refused us from entering their premises. They said they did not have any case like that in their stations.

“The day my son was shot was a big day in Ohum Orba because the indigenes of Orba who were appointed to different positions in the state by the then governor were celebrated. Only one Mass was celebrated at Patrick’s Catholic Church, Ohum Orba.”

She said although she was not at the church service, her son and husband was at the mass, before Emeka was called out on the telephone, shot and taken away by SARS men brought by Nnadi, who was among those being recognised.

“Around 7pm, my elder son called from where he was staying and told me that Emeka’s mobile phone was switched off. He told me to make enquires because people called him that the SARS men shot Emeka. We made enquiries and one man told my husband that my son was shot.

“Three days later, they brought youths that were equally arrested to court. They called their names but my son’s name wasn’t in the charge sheet and his name was not mentioned among those that were at large.

“I want to know whether my son who was shot in presences of many people and taken away for nine years now committed any offence by for coming to the celebration his community organised for its sons.

“”In 2017, after those that were arrested at that ceremony were released by the state government, we petitioned the Inspector-General of Police. Some policemen came from Abuja, took our statement and went back to Abuja. They invited him (Nnadi) to Abuja and afterwards our lawyer stopped answering our calls.”

Ex-commissioner demands N1b for son’s death

Similarly, a former Commissioner for Agriculture in Edo State, Dr Johnson Erimafa, asked the Edo panel to compel the police to pay him N1bn for the killing of his son a by a cop in 2003.

Erimafa, a retired Mathematics lecturer at the Ambrose Alli University, told the panel that his son, Paul Erimafa,18, was murdered by a happy-trigger police sergeant, Kalijaye, when he was on his way to watch the Big Brother Africa in a cyber cafe close to his house.

“The police abducted him at 8.30pm until 3am when they shot him dead in the front of the front of the house of the then Justice Constance Momoh. They said he a suspect. He was alone, he had no knife or gun but they killed him in the presence of the security details of the then Chief Justice

“I learnt that the boy struggled with him and raised the alarm which drew the attention of the security details that were at the CJ’s house. As my son started talking to the security details, Kalijaye, shot his legs.

“The policeman went to invite other members of his patrol team. He killed him when he came back with his team and found out that he was still alive.”

He said though no amount of money could compensate for the loss of his son, which eventually led to his wife divorcing him, the panel should order the government to pay him N1bn to assuage his pain.
https://punchng.com/enugu-ex-finance-commissioner-brought-sars-who-shot-my-son/

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Bola146(f): 6:47am On Dec 16, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Mutemenot(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2020
shocked even with all this revelations no one has been summoned... It's very sad indeed we live in a country where human life does not matter

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Karlovich: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Terrible, those SARS officials should be brought to justice. It's not enough to compensate the family with money because the people who signed the cheques might still go back and rob the family.

26 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by doggedfighter(f): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2020
So many sad stories .

I hope all these are being documented and government is ready to make things right so these people can get closure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Sebastine1994(m): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2020
as a youth leader no SARS man can come to my community and arrest anyone
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by ursullalinda(f): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2020
It will take years to wipe out the pains SARS created in some people's memory.......they really hurt families and wasted innocent souls.......May God console the affected families and i pray they get the justice they seek......if only the government will act right.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Vidsolution79: 7:55am On Dec 16, 2020
SARS...will never no peace...see my check signature pals. Designs at very very cheap price!

2 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2020
bb
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Perfecttouchade: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2020
O bad na
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Hambivert: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2020
What effect would these panels actually have?

Knowing how things are run in this country, I am in sparogative doubt they would live up to expectations.

What I can't fathom is how Enugu's neighbouring state Anambra also have a panel setup for this matter, and the most notorious SARS official in Nigeria in the person of James Nwafor is still at large despite recently being an official in the Anambra state government.

These panels are a waste of public funds until proven otherwise!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Samsimple(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2020
God help us
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by crafteeworld: 7:57am On Dec 16, 2020
f
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by fapcrook(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2020
Awon oloriburuku Sars
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Snaagg(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2020
People need to start spraying these SARS now SWAT officers with pepper spray.

Easiest mode of defense!

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by faithfull18(f): 7:58am On Dec 16, 2020
Hmmm, read about how almost every country in the world is facing police brutality. Something is definitely coming.

4 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Kingluqman(m): 7:59am On Dec 16, 2020
Their brutality story no fit end... kpk

2 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by NdigboWorldwide: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2020
Being in Nigeria is one of the 1000 ways to die. Each time i visit Nigeria, i always limit my movements, and my staying is very brief, there is no security, as does that are meant to protect your can't be trusted.

10 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by KingRabota: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2020
I hope this won't end up as another talk shop.
Oputa Panel comes to mind.
These animals called ex sars need to be handed over to the masses, lets us give them some of our love .

7 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by specialmati(m): 7:59am On Dec 16, 2020
embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Abaman001(m): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Ikegift4real(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2020
They are watching us.
They are killing us.
There are silencing us.

But we will rise some day.
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by endsarrrs(f): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2020
Can't wait for the arrest of the most evil policeman in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2020
We can’t say this enough!

1 Like

Re: Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son by urbobo20(m): 8:05am On Dec 16, 2020
This is how i lost my only brother to the nigeria police in 2009 since then i have not been my self satan will surely kill one from every police family we have in nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIMC Portal Breaks Down, Banks, Telcos, Passport Issuance Suffer / Ekiti State Police Press Release To The Allege Invasion Of Fulani Herdsmen / Birom Christians Eat Roasted Flesh Of Muslims They Killed In Jos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.