Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? (28960 Views)

Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. / Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) / Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Simplebeauty: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
undecided
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by alingo2013(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
I won't lie if you get 150k thank God

4 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by lagdmark(m): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:
A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
Her response was that she isn't sure yet but we will talk tonight.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?
Do we go to the police? Or do we get a lawyer?.

OP are you that foolish, which one be working visa. Last year 2019 one foolish man asked me to get him a working visa to Germany, i told to apply for tourist visa himself i can only help him with invitation letters.
Please work visa is fake with most agents, maybe only the UAE do that.

5 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Surefire1: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Involve both bank on it.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Lexusgs430: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
Why do people still attempt to use TA?....

Does the Agent know you, better than you........... grin

Àbi nah all the Oluwole parole........ tongue
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Exc2000: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Goto the police station and lodge a complain

Right a petition to State CID or EFCC
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ipobarethieves: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
grin sad 300k for visa agent grin.Wen correct ones dey charge 2M. modified angry angry,drag her and collect every kobo from the thief.Go and do it urself

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by AfroKnight: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
alingo2013:
I won't lie if you get 150k thank God

Exactly. That money is gone. She will manufacture stories to show that the money has been spent.

6 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by PrudencyFeats: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
She said processes have started.

I will advice you keep calm and watch as things go. If she demands for 500k balance... Then you will have to make her sign a 'money back guarantee' if it doesn't work.

As for that 300k. Bros she say work don start on the application, to avoid dragging case just dey watch till she demand for the 500k balance ok.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by reason1man: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Collect the 270k bro, if u use police u fit no see reach half of the money
Benzoway:
A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by millionboi2: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

file a lawsuit against her and see her comply fast.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ipobarethieves: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
AfroKnight:

Exactly. That money is gone. She will manufacture stories to show that the money has been spent.
. Nothing is gone except nah her papa money.Madness get level

2 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Kingstanding: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

. Kindly report the matter to EFCC and I'm very sure you will get your money back. Don't report the issue to police . Police go use you chop. You just tell the lady that you will report the matter to EFCC and see her response. Case like this EFCC will never let you down.

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Voiceofthestree: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
Police can’t help you just give me just 20k I will arrange boiz for you we won’t kidnap the woman ooo but I am very sure the day we enter am nah same day she go refund all the money without leaving one naira. When one agent scam me last year I do the same and I get my money back
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ipobarethieves: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
slimkhalifa:
Your money don go seriously
'Xcept she has a kind heart
.Dat money go hook her throat/she'll vomit am
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

Because the brother who contracted an agent to arrange Australian visa cannot create a thread on Nairaland? grin

So in ur small mind, all Nigerians are on nairaland?

3 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by israelp(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
since u knw her ,itz very easy to catch her n mk her refund...all u need to do is to monitor her movement....nigerians scammer are easily trace dis way...trust me shes gonna go to d bank or atm someday,shopping too...u cn easily trace her,get her bank details n hold her at d right position
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by AfroKnight: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
ipobarethieves:
. Nothing is gone except nah her papa money.Madness get level

If her madness come pass your own nko?

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ipobarethieves: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
cool wink cool
Voiceofthestree:
Police can’t help you just give me just 20k I will arrange boiz for you we won’t kidnap the woman ooo but I am very sure the day we enter am nah same day she go refund all the money without leaving one naira. When one agent scam me last year I do the same and I get my money back
.Thumb up.@Op, forget family; neighborhood, relations/friend in Mata like dis.I hate mumu/slow pipu.Drag the thief angry
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by kenodrill: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
800k for Australian working visa

That's just not possible

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by sylve11: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
AfroKnight:

grin cool
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ipobarethieves: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
AfroKnight:

koh possible,not in this Lagos..She can only do her madness for slow pipu.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Ashirioluwa: 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

Forget about it because the money is gone already. The payer and receiver are both guilty because an agent is not an embassy. You will incur more cost by informing police or lawyer because nothing is free in Nigeria and you won’t get your money back.

Try to talk to the agent to see if you can get the money or part of the money back.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by wafol2003: 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

No, it takes nothing from me to say it's me. My first time traveling abroad was in 2014 and I would never make the mistake of using an agent.
So how do one travel out without having an agent? How will the person go about d visa process
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

Did you pay through account?
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by emekafelix1: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
if you call police now, it's the half of the money you will get at the end of the day.best approach is if she is not fraudulent play along get him sign documents and get a lawyer. but if your mind is not comfortable working with him organized rugged guys that will show her 6 packs with weed. case settled
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by SavageBoy: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
But can't a person do this traveling process on his own without involving traveling agents,many of which often extort and scam people?

To my understanding, it's not as if all these traveling agents are partners with foreign countries when it comes to issue like this.It's just all about sitting your ass down,putting real efforts and researching to find first hand info yourself.The internet is filled with lot of information regarding whatever it is you're looking for.

God knows that I will never ask any traveling agent to help me process anything when I want to move over for whatever reason.Everything that needs to be gotten or anything that needs to be done will be done myself

Anyway,sorry for plight

2 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Kingstanding:
. Kindly report the matter to EFCC and I'm very sure you will get your money back. Don't report the issue to police . Police go use you chop. You just tell the lady that you will report the matter to EFCC and see her response. Case like this EFCC will never let you down.
This.
Report the case to EFCC and approach the bank to place the account on lien till investigation is completed.
I hope it's not cash transactions?
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Head to her work place, straight to the human resource department. No need for the police yet
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by wizdomnzube(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bro that money don go like dis oh... But as one bros suggest say make you involve EFCC try reason bro.

Besides if person one run dis kind work visa to comot 9ja how he one con take run since all dis agent dey na scam dey be cool

9ja sef na wa lipsrsealed
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Chris2863(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
phrancys001:
Go cari U meet one baba e go do "back to sender" for U in less than 24hrs d agent will resend your moni back to U all e go cost U na 30k peree
grin grin grin You won continue from where the lady stopped??
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
You can handle a lady scammer very easily.Carry alpha go her house and let the alpha be doing incantation.She go bring the money where she hide am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hit-And-Run Driver Kills A Man In Delta (Photo) / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival / ''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.