Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? (33315 Views)

The Amount Professional Footballers, Pay For Receiving Yellow Or Red Cards / SHAKHTAR DONETSK PLAYER, ALAN PATRICK AGE FRAUD EXPOSED (PICS) / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by DarkJeddi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:

There are some though who I believe are honest with their age. What beats me is why a footballer will retire around 34 to 35 considering they have everything to enable them play into their 40s. Unless age is against them, you know one can't cheat nature.

Nb: I wonder why my OP was edited to add a picture that doesn't even strengthen my argument
Once you reach 30 years,as a footballer your biological clock is already ticking..
Injuries take longer to heal,your joints becomes stiffer,you get slower and other biological degradations..
It is what it is,father time eventually get all of us,the older you are the more you risk serious injuries,money is not everything.

2 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Okike2019(m): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:
Every weekend i watch the EPL, i keep pondering on this. Are European footballers really innocent of Age Fraud as the media will like us to believe? Is age fraud really just an African or South American thing?

I just read where Lampard was blaming fatigue for his players inability to perform in the defeat against Wolves and I couldn't help but wonder where the fatigue stemmed from exactly. They last played on Saturday against Everton which gives them 3 solid days to rest, yet these guys say they are fatigued? How?

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?

For context, I have a cousin who is a football freak. At 33, he plays on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings every week. But never says he is too tired to play the next week. How then can a professional footballer who has access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians, top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them tell me he is too tired too play, unless his biological clock is ticking.

The local street footballers even play everyday on tattered boots, terrible ground with zero protection. Most of them do menial jobs, eat carbohydrate laden foods 80% of the time, have no rest, yet can play for 2hrs everyday.

How can a footballer retire at 33 to 35 saying he can't play a 90mins game anymore for once a week? I really can't wrap my head around this. Personally, I believe most of them may not be as young as they will like us to believe.
I know very little about football but your whole write up is very well � organized. I really like the write up, are you a writer?

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by kamossreal(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2020
Now I knows that.... Many don't know,what professional football takes, They train everyday in Europe, Check the field and length. Most important check Chelsea team which the OP stated. Lampard started the same team that played against Everton, except some players. Fatigue do tells.. And fatigue is not by age at times. Street football is different from professional football. Okies

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by eltata(m): 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
[quote author=wman post=97127378]Do you know how many hours they spend training every day?

Have you played on a standard full-length pitch before?[/quote
Training is not everyday. There are days for classes and all. Besides training doesn't man you have to use the full pitch.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by tellwisdom: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
For you to be comparing local games with no rules, discipline or conditions covering the players, means you do not know much about the game. Saturday set wey person go drink beer, smoke weed before entering one small field? Game wey no get conditioning?

There are many factors killing most of African players- bad coaching, bad dieting, Living carelessly and indiscipline.

Most of our coaches thinks you have to run from Lagos to Ibadan, strain your muscles beyond to be able to Stand any challenge in the field of play.

Some of these players have these very bad attitudes; even as a coach you wouldn’t hesitate to let them go without considering their skills and good play.
Players eating anyhow just because no one was watching.

Some drink and run after women carelessly just immediately they assume they are already signed to a club and nothing more. Etc

3 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Onitola2: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
Tripitaka:
Every weekend i watch the EPL, i keep pondering on this. Are European footballers really innocent of Age Fraud as the media will like us to believe? Is age fraud really just an African or South American thing?

I just read where Lampard was blaming fatigue for his players inability to perform in the defeat against Wolves and I couldn't help but wonder where the fatigue stemmed from exactly. They last played on Saturday against Everton which gives them 3 solid days to rest, yet these guys say they are fatigued? How?

Football is played for 90mins split into two halves of 45mins with a 15min break between halves. Yet, they talk about fatigue? Mind you, they do not run marathons on the pitch, for the most part, they jog around, sometimes walk, they only move at full speed when going on counters or trying to stop one. So how cant these guys perform optimally twice in a week?

For context, I have a cousin who is a football freak. At 33, he plays on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings every week. But never says he is too tired to play the next week. How then can a professional footballer who has access to world class training grounds, clinically designed pitches, personalized training routine, top psychologists, top nutritionists and dietitians, top sporting gears that have been designed to bring the best out of them tell me he is too tired too play, unless his biological clock is ticking.

The local street footballers even play everyday on tattered boots, terrible ground with zero protection. Most of them do menial jobs, eat carbohydrate laden foods 80% of the time, have no rest, yet can play for 2hrs everyday.

How can a footballer retire at 33 to 35 saying he can't play a 90mins game anymore for once a week? I really can't wrap my head around this. Personally, I believe most of them may not be as young as they will like us to believe.
if u live among them, you'll see that they mature with big stature very early and ur data is with government since birth so it's very hard ( almost impossible ) to lie about ur age, here nobody is tracking ur data, all u need to change ur profile here is one nonsense affidavit. Moreover they eat and live well than us here, their database is for everyone, not just footballers, whereas u can just get affidavit and claim you're 10 years younger today in 9ja, that's how taiye taiwo is over 10 years younger than his twin brother, God is great.
Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by TakeYourChance: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
Talk is cheap. Likewise, watching football is easy. Until you watch live professional football (not African football) and or see the daily the routines of professional players then you will know what they get tired. Read below;

1. The average professional football runs/sprints at the speed of about 25-30km per hour.

2. In a 90mins match, most players perform about 20 sprints per match, as a minimum

3. Professional players have to make decisions in about 2-3 seconds, as such this places a huge amount of mental fatigue, which indirectly also contributes to physical fatigue.

4. The average and laziest professional footballer (excluding goalkeepers) covers a distance of 8-9km in a match. For context, 3MB is about 10.5km long.

5. The following day after match, players are expected to return to training ground for "light" training, which is still heavy for other people; for example, they train in a swimming pool.

6. Professional players train almost everyday of the week before a match. In addition, some coaches conduct double sessions; mornings and late afternoons.

7. The least amount of body fat a footballer is to have, in order to perform well is 10%. Meaning, if you have more, you will be deemed unfit and are at risk of not performing well or getting injured. Only few footballers like CR7 have 8% body fat. What this means is, players have to almost always train and or go to the gym.

8. The strongest top level footballer, Ibrahimovic, has a weight of 95kg; this is muscle not fat. What this means is, because football is a contact sport, the more players hit/contact each other the more they start to get tired in match, though slowly.

Can you handle all of the 8 above (these are just a few examples) and you won't get tired by the weekend and during a match? If your answer is yes, then I will personally contact my Head Coach and ask him offer you a trial/short term contract.

Tripitaka:

5 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by tunize(m): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
You think football is easy as u described it those 40smtn years old men you claimed are still playing football, if they should play on a standard pitch dem go faint oooh like barca stadium wen e wide so dem go know howfar

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by mbhs139(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2020
Tripitaka:

There are some though who I believe are honest with their age. What beats me is why a footballer will retire around 34 to 35 considering they have everything to enable them play into their 40s. Unless age is against them, you know one can't cheat nature.

Nb: I wonder why my OP was edited to add a picture that doesn't even strengthen my argument

Even me at 44 play more than 2hours with young guys of 25 years of age every Sunday when I was in Lagos. I enjoy playing with them than even playing with people of my age. Ofcourse, most African players lie about their age.

Mutiu Adepoju and Luiz Figo of Portugal played the fifa under 20, 1989, in Saudi Arabia. Figo went on to continue playing international football more than, say 7 years, after Mutiu had retired. Look at the sets of Mike and Taye Taiwo of 2005 FIFA Under 20 World Cup. Messi and Di Màríà are still playing top flight football, where is our own Mikel and Taye?

2 Likes

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Mryacks: 9:15am On Dec 17, 2020
Tripitaka:

I understand where you are coming from. Yes 34 to 35 is young and even more so for sports guys who have access to all modern scientific gadgets that supports them. But I think one of the reasons they retire around those ages is because over the course of 10 -15years career at the very top level, their bodies go thru alot of physical, mental and medical procedures that eventually take its toll over time. Forget that we just watch 90mins matches on TV and get entertained, these guys go thru alot of work behind in the scene to keep that top physical condition. Offcourse the money helps but Las Las body bo be firewood! grin

1 Like

Re: Are Non-african Professional Footballers Really Innocent Of Age Fraud? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Omo football as a career isn't as easy as you described oo

They train every day, run around doing cardiovascular straining exercise

Well on Age falsification, Africans generally have a late breakthrough in life in all career

Exactly. The training regimen is a lot of work on its own, otherwise how many people can consistently run around for ninety minutes.

I bet the OP cannot play a ninety minute game without collapsing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Carl Ikeme Has Been Diagnosed With Leukemia" - Wolverhampton Wanderers / Anthony Joshua Celebrates His 29th Birthday With Cake (PHOTO) / Tottenham Fan Arrested For Throwing Banana At Arsenal Forward, Pierre (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.